AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2021-07-12, 18:20   Link #41
The Green One

If I'm not mistaken for Satoko to successfully continue to stalk Rika through the fragments she has to kill herself after Rika dies, otherwise she loses track of her and Rika escapes looper Satoko and gets away.
Old 2021-07-12, 18:21   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Yea, I don't get this whole Satoko loop thing. So, which happens first? Rika has to die first or Satoko has to die first?
Rika has to die first.
Old 2021-07-12, 19:35   Link #43
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Yea, I don't get this whole Satoko loop thing. So, which happens first? Rika has to die first or Satoko has to die first?
Rika, otherwise Satoko can't follow the same Rika she is chasing, but will get a different one.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-12, 20:24   Link #44
The Green One

Right and Satoko is obsessed with the one that "betrayed" her.
Old 2021-07-12, 21:39   Link #45
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

But the problem is that in during some of those repeat loops, Satoko killed herself first, then those Rikas escaped then?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-13, 00:11   Link #46
Marina2

Quote:
But the problem is that in during some of those repeat loops, Satoko killed herself first, then those Rikas escaped then?
Yes. Those loops were just the preparation to learn everything she needs to do. Satoko just started her plan in Oniakashi.

EDIT:

Ep.4

Finally, we got some new content and info.

- Multiple fragment worlds confirmed.
- Hanyu and Eua are different person. Eua doesn't disguise as Hanyu
- Satoko and Eua can spy on Rika and Hanyu Fragment. WTH?, Satoko's side is 100% cheating.
- This also answers how Satoko knew Rika can remember the loop after Tataridamashi and changed her method from Nekodamashi onward.
- Gotta say, Satoko and Teppei moments are nice to see.
- Satoko got the gun from weapon dealer and spent years leaning how to use the gun properly. Why don't you just studying, Satoko?
- Mion was the one who got injected..........just because Satoko wanted to see "what if...."

I hate Satoko even more after this ep.

Last edited by Marina2; 2021-07-15 at 12:00.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 12:59   Link #47
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Nice to have fairly less recycled scenes and addressing some stuff such as the gun (I thought she pilfered one of the Sonozaki goons, but even with her cheat loops, it would be hard to do so).
I'm still not sure how the hell she managed to inject Mion though. The only possible way she could do that was distracting Mion and pouring the serum in her drink, but that's still far fetched and it isn't anything remotely the same as injecting it. But then again, there wasn't any specific information about the syndrome and the different serums affecting it so welp.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-07-15 at 13:31.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 13:37   Link #48
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm still not sure how the hell she managed to inject Mion though. The only possible way she could do that was distracting Mion and pouring the serum in her drink, but that's still far fetched and it isn't anything remotely the same as injecting it. But then again, there wasn't any specific information about the syndrome and the different serums affecting it so welp.
In the manga version of Watadamashi, Rena and Rika are also there during this scene, so I'm even more confused.

On that note, it could have been an animation error, but it seemed like there was more serum in the syringe that when Satoko injected Rena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
- Hanyu and Eua are different person. Eua doesn't disguise as Hanyu
- Satoko and Eua can spy on Rika and Hanyu Fragment. WTH?, Satoko's side is 100% cheating.
I may just be looking too much into this, but Eua used a pretty harsh word (Failure) to describe Hanyuu, so I wonder if that means anything?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 18:04   Link #49
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

A few things I want to comment on:

1) I thought that making Mion the next culprit was done precisely in response to Rika's attempt to fix what she recognized as a watanagashi timeline, instead Satoko decided to turn Mion from the beginning on the general idea that Mion going L5 never happened before. Maybe Satoko already imagined that Rika would act the way she did, but the way it's presented makes it seem like Satoko's strategy relies more on doing things "randomly" to make them unpredictable rather than in a chess player manner where you move your pieces carefully depending on what your opponent does.

2) According to EUA the Queen theory is actually correct? This is a surprise for me, I've always been of the impression that it was just something that Hifumi postulated without any actual proof, and the ending of Tatarigoroshi where Rika dies, Takano fails, but nothing happens to the inhabitants of Hinamizawa completely debunked that. I mean I guess one could still speculate that EUA simply assumes the theory is correct, but it seems unlikely at this point.

3) Satoko should become a nurse, her ability to perform injections without the "patient" noticing anything is almost supernatural.

4) Did Satoko go through all that trouble to obtain a gun only to more efficiently kill herself? Otherwise it would mean that she already foresaw her confrontation with Mion, but that hardly makes any sense.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 18:04   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now we know why the sword was missing from the statue. Satoko is spying on Rika's conversations with Hanyuu, so she found out about it at the same time Rika did and the first thing she probably does in every loop is hide the sword now. Thankfully, she doesn't know about the shard.
Old 2021-07-15, 18:18   Link #51
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now we know why the sword was missing from the statue. Satoko is spying on Rika's conversations with Hanyuu, so she found out about it at the same time Rika did and the first thing she probably does in every loop is hide the sword now. Thankfully, she doesn't know about the shard.
Except from Watadamashi Episode 7, the sword is already missing from the statue, so its already gone before Rika knows about its existence. Its the same in the manga version of events as well (Note: The manga makes a specific reference to the slot the sword goes into too).
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 18:41   Link #52
AC-Phoenix
Detective

" I wonder what Mion would do"

She'll turn into a "I gotta lock him up and kill everyone else."- yandere. Otherwise, the same as everyone.

That being said, how the hell did Satoko give Mion an injection with Mion realizing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

4) Did Satoko go through all that trouble to obtain a gun only to more efficiently kill herself? Otherwise it would mean that she already foresaw her confrontation with Mion, but that hardly makes any sense.
Well, she did plan to inject Mion with it, and also knows that Mion has an even easier access to weapons than Shion, and also knows how to handle them, so yeah, she kinda expected it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-07-15, 19:07   Link #53
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

Well, she did plan to inject Mion with it, and also knows that Mion has an even easier access to weapons than Shion, and also knows how to handle them, so yeah, she kinda expected it.
But why? She has no reason to confront Mion anymore than she had a reason to confront Rena in the past arc (which in fact she didn't). Moreover shooting her designated culprit wouldn't really work well with her plan.

When Kanon asked before why would Satoko confront Mion like we know she did, my speculation was that Satoko did so because she needed to confirm that Rika was dead (since her body was hidden in watadamashi), but Satoko couldn't possibly have predicted something like that.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-16, 01:58   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It is too bad that Satoko has gone down the road of evil (for still incredibly stupid reasons). She really is missing her calling as a nurse. If Rika had half the talent for injecting people without them realizing it as Satoko she could have avoided so many issues in the past. While injecting people on the road to madness is admittedly a higher bar to clear...I still think with that much talent Rika could have easily defused several troublesome situations.
Old 2021-07-16, 07:44   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Except from Watadamashi Episode 7, the sword is already missing from the statue, so its already gone before Rika knows about its existence. Its the same in the manga version of events as well (Note: The manga makes a specific reference to the slot the sword goes into too).
Huh, that's weird. I doubt Eua is so kind as to tell Satoko about the sword so I really wonder what happened to it.

Quote:
But why? She has no reason to confront Mion anymore than she had a reason to confront Rena in the past arc (which in fact she didn't). Moreover shooting her designated culprit wouldn't really work well with her plan.

When Kanon asked before why would Satoko confront Mion like we know she did, my speculation was that Satoko did so because she needed to confirm that Rika was dead (since her body was hidden in watadamashi), but Satoko couldn't possibly have predicted something like that.
I'm pretty sure she really just wanted a weapon she can kill herself with without pain, and that your speculation regarding why she confronted Mion is correct. I'm not excepting any big surprises in this arc. We'll probably get some Mion/Shion switcheroo and that's it.

It doesn't seem like Tataridamashi will have a lot of surprises either. Satoko seems to have completely gotten over her trauma given how she can hang around Teppei just fine, so she probably pretended to be sick around Teppei and her now very doting uncle let her skip school. This also means she really deserves an Oscar for her performance when Keiichi patted her head.
Old 2021-07-16, 10:47   Link #56
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Huh, that's weird. I doubt Eua is so kind as to tell Satoko about the sword so I really wonder what happened to it.

I'm pretty sure she really just wanted a weapon she can kill herself with without pain, and that your speculation regarding why she confronted Mion is correct. I'm not excepting any big surprises in this arc. We'll probably get some Mion/Shion switcheroo and that's it.

It doesn't seem like Tataridamashi will have a lot of surprises either. Satoko seems to have completely gotten over her trauma given how she can hang around Teppei just fine, so she probably pretended to be sick around Teppei and her now very doting uncle let her skip school. This also means she really deserves an Oscar for her performance when Keiichi patted her head.
It's actually possible Satoko didn't know where Rika's body was hidden, and assumed it would be in the Well.

Old 2021-07-17, 08:43   Link #57
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Actually... would it be far fetched to think that with Eua's power, Satoko would actually know which one is Mion and which one is Shion, and be able to tell who's impersonating who at the start of the shard?

I mean... what's preventing the possibility that the game shop twin was possibly actually Mion?
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 09:09   Link #58
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

episode shows the bad girls, Satoko and Eua clearly have an advantage over the good girls - Rika and Hanyu. Another episode of Satoko doing evil things.. and so that's how she got the gun. Uncle is being manipulated, but he's still lucky to have all that money - looks like Satoko only took a small portion of the prize money to pay for the gun.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-19, 10:47   Link #59
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 4:

episode shows the bad girls, Satoko and Eua clearly have an advantage over the good girls - Rika and Hanyu. Another episode of Satoko doing evil things.. and so that's how she got the gun. Uncle is being manipulated, but he's still lucky to have all that money - looks like Satoko only took a small portion of the prize money to pay for the gun.
Satoko seems to warm up to him a bit too, she just doesn't care for his health at this point because any reality that isn't the one where Rika does whatever Satoko wants seems to be non-existent to her.

Old 2021-07-22, 14:18   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So it turns out everything was exactly as it seemed. Even the phone call made by Shion where she asked Keiichi for confirmation they really went inside the shed (which doesn't really make sense) was really made by her and not Mion. To me, this is no more than a complete waste of time. The worst part is that it looks like they're going to drag this out for at least two more episodes.