Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-24, 18:38   Link #241
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They ended the episode at the perfect spot. You can make your own loop if you wish by never watching the final episode and starting over with the first one. The animation mistake they made even helps. It'd be a shame to miss the epilogue though. Really looking forward to it since they're probably going to expend on it.
Spoiler for Animation Mistake:

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
It is funny how the guy is 300+ years old but explains his actions in terms of a game console. What age group is it aimed at?
Remember a couple of episodes ago when he was talking about Final Fantasy VII? Clearly the dude had plenty of time to get up to date with modern stuff like video games.
Old 2022-09-24, 18:47   Link #242
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Spoiler for Animation Mistake:
Yes. Even went back and checked the manga to make sure.
Old 2022-09-24, 18:59   Link #243
Dextro
He Without a Title

I did find that bit strange. Glad to know. Thanks!
Old 2022-09-29, 16:09   Link #244
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Game will have some original story content and original ending
Old 2022-09-29, 17:03   Link #245
EroKing

Episode 25 - The End

What an absolute treat this show has been for the past 6 months. Gonna miss seeing the characters but a beautiful and nice end nonetheless.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 08:07.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 00:42   Link #246
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 06:27   Link #247
j4c06

Cute!

By the way, how did the island inhabitants survive the hunger 300 years ago, if there were no shadows to help them out? Am I missing something here?
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 07:23   Link #248
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As expected, they expanded the epilogue. Really liked what they did with the scene at the beach. It's so nice to see everyone get a happy ending after everything that happened. Ryunosuke is alive, Haine has been reincarnated as his daughter, Haine and Shiori are best friends, Nezu's wife is alive, Hizuru is alive, and of course Ushio is also alive and has vague memories of her Shadow to boot. It's nice to know the Ushio we've been following all this time didn't completely disappear.

Probably the third best anime this year. Such a shame it was in Disney+ jail and most people ignored it as a result.
Old 2022-09-30, 07:34   Link #249
j4c06

Quote:
Ryunosuke is alive, Haine has been reincarnated as his daughter, Haine and Shiori are best friends, Nezu's wife is alive, Hizuru is alive, and of course Ushio is also alive
Shinpei's parents are alive, which was also a nice touch.

PS. Can someone please tell me what is written on the wooden thingy which is shown close up while Shinpei is talking to the priest and his son?
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 07:50   Link #250
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I am not a fan of this "total reset happy endings". Also, the show got a bit to battle-shoneny by the end. But it was still great overall. Good thing I picked it up.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2022-09-30 at 18:13.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 14:02   Link #251
grecefar

Well I'll be... a 24 minutes happy ending, this was the best.

In my head, mio said yes to sou.

9/10
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 18:14   Link #252
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Shinpei's parents are alive, which was also a nice touch.

PS. Can someone please tell me what is written on the wooden thingy which is shown close up while Shinpei is talking to the priest and his son?
They were killed by Shide so that makes sense. I still find it weird they didn't show up in either the anime or the manga. I actually thought the anime would include them.

I found out today there's a one-shot sequel/spin-off featuring Haine and Hizuru as the protagonists. Summertime Rendering 2026. Will read it when I have time, would be nice if they could make it into an OVA.
Old 2022-10-01, 11:10   Link #253
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I really enjoyed the ending to this. (The little bit of anime original content in there is also actually something I'm glad they included and felt sensible to add.) There's a slight tinge of bittersweetness to the vast majority of folks not remembering things, but that sacrifice yielding this outcome feels like a worthy exchange.

Great character writing where even the side characters got to shine is what really cemented my love for this, I think. Hizuru in particular was probably my favorite character and I really see her as the third protagonist. I also think this anime was one of my favorite uses of a time loop that I've ever seen. (Not the best use, necessarily. Just one I really enjoyed.)

Everyone got what they wanted, and... most importantly? This is a happy ending that feels genuinely deserved. I'm not really the sort of person who has a preference for a certain style of ending. (I know some people hate downer endings, some hate overly happy ones, etc. Normally, a reset ending like this wouldn't be my favorite because I find that in most other stories, such an ending trivializes/invalidates the character development that took place. Here, I feel that was properly avoided.) I just want them to make sense and fit the damned narrative. I find that is rarely found in a LOT of anime/manga/LNs. But this series genuinely achieved that, in my eyes. Sure, there were times where it got a little cheesy or the animation quality dipped or explanations either weren't super tight or given at all... But, ultimately? A well-earned ending. For everyone involved.

8.5/10

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2022-10-01 at 11:39.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 09:26   Link #254
scififan

Quote:
They were killed by Shide so that makes sense. I still find it weird they didn't show up in either the anime or the manga. I actually thought the anime would include them.

I found out today there's a one-shot sequel/spin-off featuring Haine and Hizuru as the protagonists. Summertime Rendering 2026. Will read it when I have time, would be nice if they could make it into an OVA.
Yes, the central theme of the show hints the quantum theory, where observed future can change current events. The haunted house and murder mystery turns out to be a warning from the future.

Quote:

In short explanation, the writing is sun goddess, the deity of the shrine.

In lengthy explanation, the writing has double meaning. When the ET was washed shore, the villagers referred it as Hiruko, better known as Ebisu. Ebisu story also appears in other anime: Noragami and In/Spectre.

So, the shrine's previous deity was Hirume, and the kanji writing is sun(female form). In contrast, another kanji writing of Hiruko is also sun(male form). The underground surgery room also implies light vs shadow. In the novel Hakkenden, shadow is the opposite of light. So, sun light and shadow are used as Japanese dualism.

Last edited by scififan; 2022-12-12 at 12:36.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 21:50   Link #255
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Manga? How did I not notice this....
Old 2022-10-13, 06:55   Link #256
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Manga? How did I not notice this....
Apparently it came out around the time the anime started. I read it, it's very good. It's a must read for fans of Hizuru.
Old 2022-11-23, 20:09   Link #257
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This one caught me by surprise due to the sudden violence in the first episode's last minute. Reminded of how scary was Hei in the second season of Darker than Black despite appearing in the first episode for less than 2 minutes. I liked the story but like with Resident Evil I also felt that the story was better when it was more horror focused and action. The reference to Final Fantasy VII really feels like the author likes that game considering the villain and his past are quite similar to Sephiroth and the alien mother Jenova. Even a death reminded of Aerith.
Old 2023-01-12, 10:29   Link #258
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Oh shit its finally up on Hulu and Disney + globally. Maybe they were waiting for the BD revisions? Who knows.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-12, 16:26   Link #259
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I see no evidence this is appearing on US Disney+. A name search brings up nothing.

There's really no place to put shows like this on the Disney+ service. Most of it consists of its major franchises like Marvel and Star Wars. There is no "anime" category that I can find.

Some people have responded to my comments on Twitter that this reflects Bob Eger's decision to limit the Disney+ service to at worst PG-13. I would think Summertime Render falls clearly in that category. Shows like Andor push the envelope a bit, but not very far.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-12, 17:08   Link #260
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I see no evidence this is appearing on US Disney+. A name search brings up nothing.
Hulu is where it seems Disney has been putting all its anime so far on in regards to the US at least.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural