AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-12, 06:36   Link #21
Huh...?

Just saying this, but this Series probably only got the Anime adaptation because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
At least with Ascendance of a Bookworm the former Myne would have died anyway from her fever or shortly thereafter if she had miraculously recovered, i.e. she was on a trajectory for an early death for a long time.
Well, while the Anime had skipped the part, but early on in the Novel its already revealed that Urano didn't really take over the original Myne.

Urano was reborn as Myne, but originally didn't have her past life self (as it was suppressed inside).

And as there was nothing else, she developed her own personality, but the memories of her past life were still inside her, as she regularly saw dreams of an unknown and exciting place since early age.

But because the Devouring was too much to handle for a child's mind, it eventually regressed. And in-order to survive, her mind pulled out the suppressed memories of Urano inside her and her new self merged with hers.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-12, 08:34   Link #22
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I guess this is another case where the isekai character is overriding the personality of the person who used to live in that body. Rough break for that kid. Hit by lighting, effectively dead, and no one will ever miss him because someone else is living his life...
Iirc the author started writing a WN spinoff back in Aug 2021 showing what happened to the original Falma. It hasn't been updated since Jan 2022 though.
https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0736ha/

The interesting bit is that Yakkyoku is but 1 story of a multiverse series.
https://ncode.syosetu.com/s3387a/
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-12, 10:56   Link #23
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Just saying this, but this Series probably only got the Anime adaptation because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Well, while the Anime had skipped the part, but early on in the Novel its already revealed that Urano didn't really take over the original Myne.

Urano was reborn as Myne, but originally didn't have her past life self (as it was suppressed inside).

And as there was nothing else, she developed her own personality, but the memories of her past life were still inside her, as she regularly saw dreams of an unknown and exciting place since early age.

But because the Devouring was too much to handle for a child's mind, it eventually regressed. And in-order to survive, her mind pulled out the suppressed memories of Urano inside her and her new self merged with hers.
Thanks for the additional details.
Old 2022-07-12, 14:46   Link #24
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Iirc the author started writing a WN spinoff back in Aug 2021 showing what happened to the original Falma. It hasn't been updated since Jan 2022 though.

Oh, didn't notice that (i did see the links and other stuff, but didn't really do a MTL on the text).

The Author recently finished the Main Story in the Web Novel, and is writing a Sequel of sort now (as "EP4.1").
Maybe once the Serialization of the Light Novel is over for the Main Story, he might work on publishing the "Multiverse" stories next.

Old 2022-07-14, 00:25   Link #25
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I mean, I myself would freak out if the kid that I'm tutoring doesn't have a shadow & possessing the power of the gods . What if I offend him and he suddenly kills me on a whim?
And it's actually a breath of fresh air that someone actually freaks out over someone showing such great power compared to the countless Isekais where side characters barely bat an eyelash or fangirl over the MC for it.

I mean, if I were to walk into the middle of a crowded city square, announce that I can solve the world's energy problems, then blast a gigantic beam of energy into the sky from my hand ala Dragon Ball, I'm pretty sure a vast majority of the surrounding people would be screaming and running for their lives while only a small number of people would stay and record me on their phones and think it's cool.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 09:36   Link #26
Huh...?

Changes/Skips in Episode 2 compared to Manga (since Light Novel has no translation).

- Ellen wears a sheer-negligee (which shows her figure somewhat), and Falma had switched the Potion that his Father gave him for her with a Medicine that he made using something similar to Paracetamol. Ellen after drinking it immediately figures out it wasn't made by Bruno, but as her fever immediately goes down, she notices that what he was given was not a Potion, but a Medicine.
This part was probably changed, as i think its normally not considered right to give medicine in a misinformed way.

- Falma makes medicine for his Mother as well, as she suffered from back pain. He made a Compresses Pad for it, which his Mother asks him to apply himself (which results in a rare semi-nude scene).

- Falma didn't give Blanche her new bitter medicine in a Macaroon, as he had made it using Sugar Coating Process (plus added fruit flavor to it).

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-07-17 at 15:26.
Old 2022-07-17, 12:14   Link #27
grecefar

Nice chapter, I'm glad he make up with ellen and she is not that afraid of him anymore.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 12:27   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The music in this show is pretty good, isn't it?
Old 2022-07-24, 01:36   Link #29
Eater of All
NOM

An interesting show. The MC is given all these OP abilities but the plot is leaning towards him not freely being able to use it... or at least I'm hoping it develops in that direction. If his goal is to commodify effective, cheap medicine then he should really be assessing available raw materials and medical tools in the country, and tech his way up Dr. Stone style while spreading the knowledge.
Old 2022-07-24, 09:34   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yup, after watching episode 3, I'll stick with this show. This is probably one of the most wholesome isekai with some pretty good world-building. Maybe it's too early to tell, but this might fill the hole that was left by Bookworm.

So far, there's no RPG video game mechanic BS, slaying monsters or being an adventurer and all that tiring stuffs. Falma & his dad are just focusing on being good pharmacists. It's like the pharmacist version of the Assassin isekai but more sincere.

Also, the music by Tatsuya Kato of the Shokugeki no Soma fame (& Buddy Complex) is just pleasant to hear and adds a lot to the anime.
Old 2022-07-24, 11:23   Link #31
grecefar

I would like to see more farma and bruno bonding and working side by side, I believe bruno could learn a lot of things now.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-24, 13:09   Link #32
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Not sure how I feel about this show, its wholesome but not exactly gripping. Also I'm reminded of how bad I was in Organic Chemistry in college. I'll probably watch it intermittently.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-24, 18:04   Link #33
Strahan

Farma (I eyeroll every time I hear his name lol) is a lot more chill than I'd be. I can understand his father being skeptical, but to shoot the document out of his hand and actually fire at him too, necessitating that ice shield? I get he doesn't want his kid to inadvertently poison the empress, but that reaction is a bit extreme. I'd have been pretty pissed at him since he went right to force rather than just, you know, talking to me.

Also funny that a totally different world the disease has the same name.

Kinda cool that for once in one of these people-replacement isekai the family realizes "hey, something isn't jiving here" noticing the change. They mentioned it in Honzuki, but they were just so happy Myne was "better" they didn't care. I wonder if Farma will be honest eventually and tell him the real story about what happened. I assume also like Honzuki the real Farma died from the lightning. He can tell him the truth and be all like "You thought it was your son, but it was me, Yakutani-sensei!" lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-25, 01:11   Link #34
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Farma (I eyeroll every time I hear his name lol) is a lot more chill than I'd be. I can understand his father being skeptical, but to shoot the document out of his hand and actually fire at him too, necessitating that ice shield? I get he doesn't want his kid to inadvertently poison the empress, but that reaction is a bit extreme. I'd have been pretty pissed at him since he went right to force rather than just, you know, talking to me.
Did you miss the part where Bruno already banged the door repeatedly to tell Falma to stop? And yet instead of explaining, Falma barricaded the door with ice magic making him more suspicious. And after Bruno broke down the door, Falma still didn't stop to explain. And after that, Bruno was still talking to Falma trying to prevent him from "poisoning the queen". So no, Bruno did not "went straight to force". Bruno tried to talk Falma out of it first, only to witness Falma acting more & more suspicious. And yes, after words failed, he decided to fire the ice arrows because obviously in his eyes, what Falma was doing was bogus & he didn't want Falma to "poison the queen", smearing the name of the family, dragged his wife & daughter into being labeled as "the traitorous Médicis family" and god knows what punishment that will await them. Most probably execution for the whole family if the nobles in this world resemble the one in Bookworm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Also funny that a totally different world the disease has the same name.
That doesn't really bother me as much as the name of the people in this isekai world still resemble a lot of ours, which is also what happened in Bookworm
& many isekai out there that's not game-based.
Old 2022-07-25, 21:08   Link #35
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I like how in some way Falma is still challenged by how complicated a chemical compound is even if he still has individual elements in Creative Mode. This is represented by how long the compound is interpreted in its IUPAC form. The IUPAC name allows those familiar with the naming system to determine a compound's structure and components at the expense of simplicity and readability.

For reference, the IUPAC name for rifampicin is (7S,9E,11S,12R,13S,14R,15R,16R,17S,18S,19E,21Z)-2,15,17,27,29-pentahydroxy-11-methoxy-3,7,12,14,16,18,22-heptamethyl-26-{(E)-[(4-methylpiperazin-1-yl)imino]methyl}-6,23-dioxo-8,30-dioxa-24-azatetracyclo[23.3.1.14,7.05,28]triaconta-1(28),2,4,9,19,21,25(29),26-octaen-13-yl acetate.

No wonder Falma felt nervous about trying out rifampicin.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-26, 01:26   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post

Well that's nice . Good for original Falma. Glad that person is doing alright and wasn't just wiped out of existence so some older guy from another world could just take his body. Honestly, good for him .
Old 2022-07-26, 14:11   Link #37
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Can someone who can read Japanese pls Tl;Dr for the rest of us ?
That being said I hope he gave the boy next to the Empress some of that medicine too... And the other doctor... And everyone else in their cough range .
At least that boy and the prince where far too close when the empress coughed, and she didn't have enough time to cough into another direction either.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-26, 14:49   Link #38
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Can someone who can read Japanese pls Tl;Dr for the rest of us ?
Translate what?
The Multiverse story relating to original Falma/Farma?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
That being said I hope he gave the boy next to the Empress some of that medicine too... And the other doctor... And everyone else in their cough range .
At least that boy and the prince where far too close when the empress coughed, and she didn't have enough time to cough into another direction either.
Well, creating Medicine for those many people would be hard immediately (since only one person can make them), but then again Falma/Farma has the ability to find out who is infected or not (he can even latent and dormant types), so it wouldn't really be hard for him to figure out who needs treatment and who doesn't.

Old 2022-07-26, 15:26   Link #39
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Did you miss the part where Bruno already banged the door repeatedly to tell Falma to stop? And yet instead of explaining, Falma barricaded the door with ice magic making him more suspicious. And after Bruno broke down the door, Falma still didn't stop to explain. And after that, Bruno was still talking to Falma trying to prevent him from "poisoning the queen". So no, Bruno did not "went straight to force". Bruno tried to talk Falma out of it first, only to witness Falma acting more & more suspicious. And yes, after words failed, he decided to fire the ice arrows because obviously in his eyes, what Falma was doing was bogus & he didn't want Falma to "poison the queen", smearing the name of the family, dragged his wife & daughter into being labeled as "the traitorous Médicis family" and god knows what punishment that will await them. Most probably execution for the whole family if the nobles in this world resemble the one in Bookworm.
True, I did kinda forget that part lol. Still, it seems a bit weird to threaten your own son with deadly force over this.

The whole part is written weird. It had the father thinking the son is joking in the bedroom scene, then the empress says she is a good judge of character and trusts him and gave permission to proceed. The father didn't say anything else negative after the stop joking bit. Then we just jump to the barricaded door scene. It would have made more sense if they had some sort of father/son fighting between those scenes or something; anything to explain why he suddenly felt the need to put up the barricade. Maybe he wanted to not have people see him synthesize components, but if that's the case he's naive if he thinks his father would let that go later.

Quote:
That doesn't really bother me as much as the name of the people in this isekai world still resemble a lot of ours, which is also what happened in Bookworm
& many isekai out there that's not game-based.
Yea, it happens SO often it's almost pointless to make an issue of it, but it still stands out to me as silly heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-26, 16:25   Link #40
Tenzen12

Is it really that weird? We already got humans and horses having identical microorganisms seems like logical extensions with both worlds being this samey.