AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-19, 12:39   Link #21
Rias

Umineko sold out in 30 minutes in C72...
http://mantanweb.mainichi.co.jp/web/2007/08/720730.html
Old 2007-08-19, 12:51   Link #22
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Is it just mee or Umineko is as short as onikakushi-hen of higurashi?
The script file for Umineko is like twice the length of Onikakushi, and I'm guessing the chapter lengths vary. The Higurashi chapters were never consistently the same length either.

Avisch:
- It starts from Battler's perspective. I haven't read much.
- From going through the music folder, it's great. 07th expansion really know how to get good composers on their side.
Old 2007-08-19, 14:25   Link #23
ThreadsofFate
Banned

Does anyone have a release date/title for episode 2?

And does anyone know where I can find a picture of that portrait of that woman shown at the beginning of the video?
Old 2007-08-19, 16:45   Link #24
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadsofFate View Post
Does anyone have a release date/title for episode 2?

And does anyone know where I can find a picture of that portrait of that woman shown at the beginning of the video?
Although the sequel hasn't been announced yet, it is safe to say that the next chapter will be released in C73
Old 2007-08-19, 17:27   Link #25
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
XD Thanks so much for the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Umineko sold out in 30 minutes in C72...
http://mantanweb.mainichi.co.jp/web/2007/08/720730.html
O_O DANG 30 MINUTES. Wow..

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-08-19, 17:36   Link #26
ThreadsofFate
Banned

C73?O_O Never heard of it.
Old 2007-08-19, 17:51   Link #27
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadsofFate View Post
C73?O_O Never heard of it.
Comiket 73. Don't know if the date for it has been annouced, though it'll be in winter. Think it's usually near the end of December though.
Old 2007-08-19, 20:03   Link #28
ThreadsofFate
Banned

Hmm...I see. I really just need the title, since I'm not planning to buy the game any time soon.

I hope they release a pic of that portrait soon though.@_@
Old 2007-08-20, 05:10   Link #29
Bokunenjin

I just got past the part in-game where they first show it.

So far it's been a nice read, though I'm just a bit reluctant to continue knowing I'll have to wait until next comiket before chapter 2 comes out.

Edit: This has some pretty amazing music, does anyone know who made it? The only thing I recognize is HANE as I've seen it on dai's site before.

Last edited by Bokunenjin; 2007-08-20 at 09:16.
Old 2007-08-20, 14:23   Link #30
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokunenjin View Post
I just got past the part in-game where they first show it.

So far it's been a nice read, though I'm just a bit reluctant to continue knowing I'll have to wait until next comiket before chapter 2 comes out.

Edit: This has some pretty amazing music, does anyone know who made it? The only thing I recognize is HANE as I've seen it on dai's site before.
This one is so much of a "you"'s deja vu
Old 2007-08-20, 17:14   Link #31
Rias

Still slowly grinding thru the story (too much distraction from other C72 goodies)

The introduction sure is long (alot of character introductions), currently just got past 1st day lunch.
Old 2007-08-20, 21:11   Link #32
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Spoiler for hidden selection screen:
Old 2007-08-21, 13:26   Link #33
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Okay Sushi-Y, your turn. Let's discuss - I'm dying to go over and talk about Umineko to someone wwww
lol I'm working on it. My computer blew up last week so I'm having it replaced. I'm currently halfway(?) through the game, I'll try to finish it soon.

Don't hate me for this, but Maria's "U-- U--" kind of gets on my nerves. I can understand Rosa's frustration during that rose garden scene before the storm.

And what's with Battler's boob-grabbing fetish? ^^;

Shannon moe~ ( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
I have question. Who exactly are the main characters of the story?
I assume they are Jessica, Battler (Batora), Maria, and (possibly) George).

I understand that the story is likely driven by all the characters. But eventually won't the visual novel focus on only one group of characters.
Unlike Higurashi, where the game is told through a fixed perspective (ie. Keiichi), Umineko doesn't have a "fixed" viewpoint per se. When Battler is present, the story is usually told through his perspective, but the scenes often shift away from the kids to show what the adults/servants are doing (in this case, the scenes are written in third-person). In general, we are given much more of an omniscient view this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Also how is the in-game music?
It's beautiful, the soothing yet emotional piano tracks from dai-san is still alive and well. But there are many excellently done suspensive/mysterious tones that fitted the tense scenes well.
(I love "Hope" so much )
Old 2007-08-22, 09:19   Link #34
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Wow, it's amazing to look at the difference between this game and, say, Onikakushi-hen. Ryuukishi07 has come a long way - the music and drawings are awesome. Has the 07th Expansion Team gotten bigger or is it still the same people...? Because this reminds me a bit of the difference between Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.
Old 2007-08-22, 16:37   Link #35
Bokunenjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
Because this reminds me a bit of the difference between Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.
I wouldn't go THAT far. The music has improved, especially if you compare it to just Onikakushi-hen. But the graphics are still not that great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
I can understand Rosa's frustration during that rose garden scene before the storm.
Me too, but then I don't really like Maria and the "u- u- u-" thing annoys me.

I've played up to the reading of Beatrice's letter now and I'm really getting into it, also really digging the music. Especially 犯行の予告状読み上げ, u2_nighteyes and gc-01 are very good.
Old 2007-08-22, 18:03   Link #36
Kazuki_Kun

Uhm, this may sound like a really stupid question, but is Umineko like a continuation, or is it set in the higurashi universe, but just in a different place with different characters?

I kinda hope it had no real relation to Higurashi, as I'd rather it be it's own story, with no connections
Spoiler for Frederica:
Old 2007-08-22, 21:56   Link #37
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place in the year 1986 during the time frame of October 4 and October 5 on a secluded island named Rokkenjima (六軒島, Rokkenjima?).[1] The head of a wealthy family named Kinzō Ushiromiya, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, is near death, and eleven of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzō's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are five of Kinzō's servants, and his personal physician. After the eleven family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people start to get mysteriously murdered.
And as for Kazuki_Kun's question, we may not know for sure either way for a few more years...
Old 2007-08-23, 03:19   Link #38
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki_Kun View Post
Uhm, this may sound like a really stupid question, but is Umineko like a continuation, or is it set in the higurashi universe, but just in a different place with different characters?

I kinda hope it had no real relation to Higurashi, as I'd rather it be it's own story, with no connections
Spoiler for Frederica:
As far as I can tell, Umineko is not related to Higurashi. Although both stories took place roughly 20 years in the past, there doesn't seem to be any indication that Umineko is related, or even takes place in the same universe as Higurashi.

The closest Umineko came to connecting with Higurashi was when
Spoiler:

I'm still stuck "halfway" through the game... Got my new PC though. ^^

Deadangle is such a cool song ^^ and 白い影 makes my eyes teary

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-08-23 at 03:59.
Old 2007-08-24, 10:27   Link #39
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Why all this lack of love for Maria? May death fall upon you all kihihihihihihihihi
Old 2007-08-24, 12:17   Link #40
hadora

I finished it today, is it bad that I find Natsuhi more moe as Maria?
I really look forward to the next episode, Umineko no Naku Koro ni definitely didn't disappoint.
Closed Thread