AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like the new forum layout better than the old?
yes 21 48.84%
no 22 51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-11-04, 01:53   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon The Cat
I like the new layout, the only thing I miss are the emoticons.
There are still emoticons. You just have to click on the reply icon. They don't show up for quick reply.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 03:15   Link #22
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I hate having to hit a button to enable quick replies.

I also miss the feature of being able to show/hide (+/-) different sections of the forum.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 03:20   Link #23
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I don't really like the new forum layout yet. The colors are very bland/boring and the menus are a pain to navigate. It took me a few minutes just to figure out how to send a PM through the private messaging area. One thing I really liked about the old forums is that I could see who's in each board. I hope that feature returns.

I like everything else about the forum though, especially how it doesn't show if you've edited a message
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 03:42   Link #24
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Heh. Good thing I joined the forums before July so I didn't lose much. I really don't mind the new forum layout and I sort of like it, however it would be great if it had more styles. There are a couple of forum bugs that I found, but other than that I found the new fourm easy to navigate.
Old 2003-11-04, 03:46   Link #25
jen-chan
Peekameekawoo

Send a message via AIM to jen-chan Send a message via Yahoo to jen-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
controls are a bit more confusing
yes they really are!! i have to say that i like the old one better.much easier to understand.lol.while im here my bro is sleeping prolly doesnt know what has happened.
jen-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 06:07   Link #26
[Titan]
Tenshi

I liked the last one better atm, but it hasn't even been 24 hours since the switch, so I'm sure I'll change my opinion later. All new things just take time to get used to, and I'm sure GHD will make some improvements here and there.
[Titan] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 06:58   Link #27
hatori
Manga Addict

I don't have a preference for either layout, they're about the same to me. The only thing I dislike about the new layout is the 'next' page option being changed to '>>'. I prefer clicking on 'next' instead of '>>' which is harder to position my cursor accurately at (or maybe it's just me O_o)
hatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 09:21   Link #28
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

I like it and it looks reasonably good. As with all new things of course, you have to poke around to discover options and settings to suit yourself. Although that's in my nature anyway, not everyone likes to do this

Better than the previous incarnation? I'd say yes.
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 09:55   Link #29
Kireiko
Kawaii, ne? ^__^*

some people are talking about how this forum colour scheme is too bland, dark, brown, tan or whatever and say that it'll take some time getting used to.... but i never changed the colour scheme from the last one (rather i didn't even know you could, silly ne?) so i see no difference! ^__^! i tried changing it to other forum schemes but it didn't feel like animesuki to me, so tan it stays!

it helps me differentiate between other forums i frequent, and change is good!!! well, not all, but this change is good!
Kireiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 12:42   Link #30
Animaniac
On leave?

I'm used to vB3, so this is better. A ton more features. The theming engine is incredible, so just wait a while and you'll see an awesome UI.
Animaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 18:43   Link #31
SnowBoarder

I like the old design better, and i thought that it was really annoying that i had to re join, especially cause i missed the date by like 2 weeks. I'll get used to it though, and plus, there are some advantages from the new layout.
SnowBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 19:10   Link #32
SirJeannot
AT Field

/me wants the old icons back

like "new posts" & co ... the current one are larger and uglier, and so each line for a thread takes more space
Old 2003-11-05, 04:13   Link #33
Almighty
-=GIF Sennin=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
oh, fucking hell no~~~

i have to click on quick reply on somebody's post to quick relpy, that is so fucking inconvieniant! i mind as well click post reply! >_<

almost every button is too small, the text sizes are too small, the reply box in quick reply is too small, and the quote text is BORING.

i'm not in a ranting mood right now, but there are countless things i want back right now.
Yea I agree. I miss the quick reply box too. I basically just have to post a reply to get a message out now.

I also am having trouble with the signatures colors text. For some reason it doesnt work for me. Eventually I will figure it out.

Overall I dont mind the new board except for the fact that I had to re-register. Other than that I dont mind it (besides the few "server too busy" messages).
Almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 06:12   Link #34
Hoshisama
some what spectacular....

like everyone is saying, just need time to get use to it, and hopefully it'll improve later as handy as the old one ^^
glad it went back up yet not so glad got deleted :heh
Hoshisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 06:23   Link #35
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
i dont like it that much, would be nice if there were alot of layouts that we can choose.
Yeah...that would be nice. And importing new skins is a 2min job

P.S. I like that now that nasty "Edited by then and then" is gone when u edit your post. Also the smile box is ***** up. And as we all do I'd like to see old style quick-reply box
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote