AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-02, 10:43   Link #761
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Question!!!

Is National Tournament are same as World Tournament?
because the participant of National Tournament consist from another country like saundres and St. Gloriana.
Japan is supposed to be hosting the World Panzercraft Tournament later on. It's the supposed reason why Ooarai is resurrecting their tank team. Presumably the tournament draw just shown is to choose who gets to represent Japan.

All of the schools listed in the National Tournament are Japanese despite how they may appear. While the names of foreign schools might be written in katakana, the kanji is a dead giveaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Forgot to ask in last post. Can someone mention the name of the tune when the Saunders tanks are being shown in the last parts of episode 4? It's familiar, but I don't know the name. Thanks.
Battlehymn of the Republic:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's the perfect music to herald the defeat of the Republic's enemies. I'm not a big fan of most American military music, but I like this piece a lot.
Old 2012-11-02, 10:43   Link #762
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post

I actually did ponder this. A boy who so greatly desired to partake in Panzerkraft that he dressed in drag and used false identity to join a club.
Sounds like a interesting fanfic too me.
Old 2012-11-02, 10:50   Link #763
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

After rewatch again, there is statement of darjeeling:
"We refuse to fight in vulgar manner like Sanders or Pravda."
As we can see from OP that Sanders battle at the beach and Pravda at the snow. Can Anyone tell from that what kind strategy Pravda use?
Last year Pravda win agains Black Forest who consist Maho as Captain and Miho as Vice and stop their 9th consecutive win.
And it seem that Ourai will fight with Pravda at semi final.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 11:39   Link #764
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hell, I say we take bets on which German marching music would be played when Maho shows up, eh?

- Tak
Part of me wants to say the ever popular "Ride of the Valkyries" as the go-to piece.. but lack of emphasis on air power (ala. "Gate" and watched Apocalypse Now) feels like it would make it out of place..

So let's go with the majesty that is "Kaisermarsch"
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 11:51   Link #765
Sumeragi
Banned

No Panzerlied or Erika?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 11:57   Link #766
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No Panzerlied or Erika?
No! None for you! Though, if you're lucky Lohengrin might be there for the glorious finale..
Old 2012-11-02, 11:58   Link #767
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Part of me wants to say the ever popular "Ride of the Valkyries" as the go-to piece.. but lack of emphasis on air power (ala. "Gate" and watched Apocalypse Now) feels like it would make it out of place..

I'd rather imagine a more fitting song, with lyrics that actually match the spirit of Senshado:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 12:04   Link #768
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
No! None for you! Though, if you're lucky Lohengrin might be there for the glorious finale..
*Runs a Maus close to willx*

Come again?
Old 2012-11-02, 12:09   Link #769
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:

Quote:
No Panzerlied or Erika?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'd rather imagine a more fitting song, with lyrics that actually match the spirit of Senshado:
Ride of the Valkyries is so not tank music

Personally, I want to hear the Hohenfriedeberg or Prussian Gloria, especially if the show intends to keep the marching songs from the 18 ~ 19th centuries.

I guess I don't mind Panzerlied, but thats a bit overused.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'd have any piece with lyrics.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 12:12   Link #770
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show was a big surprise to me. I ignored it for three episodes, then was encouraged to give it a try: and it is good. Saki with tanks. Except that I find myself enjoying it more than I did that show.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when our heroines carried the fight into the town. But the show had a good way of dealing with the practical problem: by invoking welcome insurance claims. This and the silly idea that you can send out kids in tanks and not have anyone really hurt did seem basically ridiculous, but they are well within the limits of my "willing suspension of disbelief."

The one thing that makes me leery is that the show is a bit of a recruiting tool for the Japanese military. As someone with Chinese connections, any encouragement of Japanese militarism worries me. But that isn't going to stop me watching and enjoying.

I think Fuchigami Mai (Miho), who was highly effective as Maekawa-san in Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, is doing a nice job here, too. More, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Yeah, the misandrism behind it is mindboggling. Like men eat puppies with kitten sauce. We are complete monsters who starts total wars for shits, giggles and profit. Thank you writers. Protip to writers: The two world wars were intented as short wars, but eventually went out of hand and eventually became those total wars.
I guess that means men are stupid, too. In fact, I think the whole description is true. The problem is that women, when in power, are not much different. But in any case, this is a bit of a joke by the writers, it seems to me: a necessary little trick in order to make a series aimed at men, and featuring only women.

In the interests of honesty, I am willing to go further and say that I think it is perfectly reasonable for women to think men are louder, grosser, and more violent than women -- since on average, they are. And whether or not women would be as bad as men if they had power, they don't, and men have always used power to fight each other and harm women and children -- for profit and giggles (in that order).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 12:13   Link #771
Sumeragi
Banned

Prussian Gloria is a bit too..... flashy.

What about the Koniggratzer Marsch?
Old 2012-11-02, 12:15   Link #772
Tak

Quote:
What about the Koniggratzer Marsch?
I can live with that

The rearranged version is more famous with its incorporation of the Hohenfriedeberg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The one thing that makes me leery is that the show is a bit of a recruiting tool for the Japanese military.
Wow, I really don't know how anyone could come to that conclusion...

- Tak
Old 2012-11-02, 12:22   Link #773
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Unfortunately, I don't think they'd have any piece with lyrics.

- Tak
Both British Grenadiers and Battle Hymn of the Republic have lyrics though

(Well, technically they didn't have lyrics originally, but today they're acknowledged as having them.)

Quote:
The one thing that makes me leery is that the show is a bit of a recruiting tool for the Japanese military. As someone with Chinese connections, any encouragement of Japanese militarism worries me. But that isn't going to stop me watching and enjoying.
This show is as far away from being a Japanese military recruitment drive as you can get. For one, the JSDF doesn't operate German or American WW2 tank models

Also, the very background premise of the show and its portrayal paints tank warfare as a romantic and honorable competition between women. It's more akin to a Sports anime instead of being a military one, despite the military overtones. The only things they're trying to promote in this show are the two things in the title: the Girls and the Panzers

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 12:30   Link #774
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
This show is as far away from being a Japanese military recruitment drive as you can get. For one, the JSDF doesn't operate German or American WW2 tank models
Never mind the fact that most Japanese military enthusiasts don't think too highly of their own WW2 tank designs. To most Japanese fans, German tanks are teh awesome pretty much by default.

If anyone is familiar with Japanese military manga set in WWII... a vast majority of them is about the individual German soldier.

- Tak
Old 2012-11-02, 12:38   Link #775
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm, yeah I'd be okay with Königgrätzer too .. but what about Unter dem Doppeladle?

Quote:
Never mind the fact that most Japanese military enthusiasts don't think too highly of their own WW2 tank designs. To most Japanese fans, German tanks are teh awesome pretty much by default.

If anyone is familiar with Japanese military manga set in WWII... a vast majority of them is about the individual German soldier.

- Tak
Hm, I'm Canadian and tanks aside, I just thought the German officer uniforms were the coolest looking ..
Old 2012-11-02, 12:43   Link #776
Tak

Now, if you guys want a proper JSDF recruitment...

WARNING: MILDLY DISTURBING CONTENT!

- Tak (No, its not fake)
Old 2012-11-02, 13:22   Link #777
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...If anyone is familiar with Japanese military manga set in WWII... a vast majority of them is about the individual German soldier....
Perhaps that is as close as they can get to glorifying their own exploits in WW2 without being seen to glorify them? Are there any Germans here who can say whether German comics deal directly with German exploits in WW2? I hasten to add that I think both countries, from a military point of view, were admirably effective.

As for recruiting drive, I am not thinking of anything direct, just of making people interested in and comfortable with military affairs. Not that I can blame them: in China, every small newsstand has a couple of magazines about world weaponry.

In any case, I have made a characters/seiyuus page for this show. Not my usual, with pics and info about the seiyuus, since there are so many of them in the show that the page would get so long as to be inconvenient. Just a pic of each character and a link to info about their seiyuu. I find it useful for keeping people straight, too. It's based on the main characters page on the official site.

Our next opponent, the American school, features seiyuu work from Kawasumi Ayako, Ise Mariya and...Hirano Aya!

@Tak -- Love that recruitment video. Would be effective in recruiting women to the navy, perhaps? Lol. To further make my point, that happy, comic approach is what I am talking about, too: making people comfortable with the military.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 13:36   Link #778
garbage

But this really is a recruitment Anime! donchaknow?
recruiting Otakus and tank buffs into buying all their merchandize! ^^....and they are happily buying it it seems...

^ Oh didn't know, Rie Tanaka's voicing Maho... nice

@Tak lol is that real... but can't say it's surprising
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 13:53   Link #779
Tak

Quote:
Perhaps that is as close as they can get to glorifying their own exploits in WW2 without being seen to glorify them?
Unlikely, as many themes portrayed are often as remote from the Japanese experience as it could be.

Quote:
I hasten to add that I think both countries, from a military point of view, were admirably effective.
There may be a circle of fans who would be enthusiastic about the weapons utilized by the Japanese army in WWII (mostly for sentimental values), but I don't recall an instance where someone would make a claim that they were superior to either German or American arms. To bring this closer to topic, nobody would make a claim that Japanese tanks were superior than their allied or German counterpart.

As for efficiency... I don't want to offend anyone here, but honestly, the standard of the Nationalist Army wasn't very high. Its not a wonder the Japanese Army appeared more efficient. The best Nationalist troops were the German trained divisions, most of which were lost due to attrition during the battle of Shanghai. They also had little to no tank support, with a majority of Chinese armored vehicles being of the Vickers or Panzer I variant.

Once the Japanese army begin to resist against the American counterattack, its almost too easy to note the disparity between the two forces, where in a majority of cases, you have a pretty lopsided win for the Americans.

Consider what the Japanese infantry were given. A bolt action rifle supported by machinegun teams carrying a bulky weapon that was often complicated to setup and with nothing in between. Whereas the Americans were equipped with semi-auto Garands, Thomson submachine guns, and portable .50 cals. The comparison between armor is even more drastic. The Shermans weren't the toughest tanks in the European theater, but not a single Japanese AT weapon or tank had the reliability and power to deal with them. If it wasn't for jungles and unfamiliar terrain, the Japanese army would not have been able to resist as long as they have.

But as always, anything military German is pretty much teh cool or teh standard by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
@Tak lol is that real... but can't say it's surprising
Yes, yes it is. This was aired on TV, man!

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-11-02 at 14:30.
Old 2012-11-02, 13:53   Link #780
Ridwan

Quote:
WARNING: MILDLY DISTURBING CONTENT!
Howzzatso ? This is very enjoyable !

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks