AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-12-18, 11:43   Link #381
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another dog to add to the list.

It was revealed Joubin doesn't have bad intentions and he's now been double crossed, he will probably join the good guys after this.
Old 2018-02-19, 01:35   Link #382
marvelB

And after a break, the next chapter's here!

So, we find out how Poor Tom's ability works.... man, Ozone Baby is a pretty frightening power. Joubin has also made it pretty clear now that he's not on the rock peoples' side, but is looking out for his family in his own way.... so it looks like he may eventually become Josuke's ally, after all. But now, they must focus on ending Ozone Baby's menace....!!!

Oh, and somehow, it looks like Iwasuke (the dog) is still alive, after all? Guess Araki's feeling lenient towards the poochies this time around?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 02:33   Link #383
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And after a break, the next chapter's here!

So, we find out how Poor Tom's ability works.... man, Ozone Baby is a pretty frightening power. Joubin has also made it pretty clear now that he's not on the rock peoples' side, but is looking out for his family in his own way.... so it looks like he may eventually become Josuke's ally, after all. But now, they must focus on ending Ozone Baby's menace....!!!

Oh, and somehow, it looks like Iwasuke (the dog) is still alive, after all? Guess Araki's feeling lenient towards the poochies this time around?
Don't be fooled, Araki still hate dogs.
Old 2018-02-20, 17:40   Link #384
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The dog is most likely dead by now. Araki just wanted him to suffer before killing him off.

I wonder how they're going to beat Ozone baby. The ability is pretty OP. I'm actually more curious about the extent of Speed King's ability though.
Old 2018-03-19, 06:27   Link #385
marvelB

New chapter time!

It's a pretty epic one, too! Joubin torches the orchard to lure out enemy and ally alike! In the end, it's Rai (protected by Josuke's bubble) who goes to harvest the branch in the middle of the inferno, but Poor Tom himself has arrived to complicate matters! Who will emerge victorious....!?

Oh, and apparently the dog does have a surviving chance after all! He'd be able to withstand Ozone Baby's attack if he becomes a statue, it looks like. Still, while that's all well and good for the doggy, things are not looking as good for the rest of the Higashikatas (poor Daiya and Hato )....
Old 2018-03-19, 12:45   Link #386
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, I was surprised they mentioned the dog might have survived. They mentioned him turning to stone, so is he a rock animal?

I liked seeing father and son working together. Although I'm still rooting for Josuke to get the branch of course.
Old 2018-04-18, 13:10   Link #387
marvelB

That time of the month is here!

And man, the Poor Tom battle is even more intense than ever! Josuke comes up with a clever strategy to poison the enemy stand user, but that doesn't stop Poor Tom from strengthening the pressurization.... which looks to have resulted in the brutal end of our plant appraiser friend. Now it's up to Josuke alone to take down Poor Tom before he escapes with the branch.....!!!!

....Just too bad there's a break next month. Dammit, Araki! You and your cliffhangers...!!!
Old 2018-06-18, 11:24   Link #388
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New chapter out. The dog is alive!! And Rai as well, apparently.

Even with Joubin reminding us of Tsurugi's abilities, I'm still confused over what happened. Anyway, Joubin's plan worked perfectly, he got the branch and completely fooled Jousuke.
Old 2018-06-18, 15:50   Link #389
marvelB

Damn, Joubin played everybody... it really was his victory. And it looks like Poor Tom got betrayed by his fellow rock humans. Speaking of, I like how this is yet ANOTHER case of one of those guys getting killed in broad daylight, yet there seems to be no reaction from anybody (surely, those other ambulances/firetrucks must have had regular humans in them, no? Did they not notice a man's head exploding in front of them!?)

Anyway, Rai and the dog survived! Yay! Now I wonder if the next chapter will return focus to Yasuho and her research on the rock lifeforms....
Old 2018-06-18, 18:43   Link #390
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Reread the chapter, what happened is a lot more clear to me. I understand why there was a focus on Rai's eyes now: he wasn't touched by the origami since they thought he was dead and he saw everything! It's all a matter of how long it will take him to recover now.
Old 2018-07-18, 23:12   Link #391
marvelB

Next chapter's out!

Quite an interesting one, as well. Our plant appraiser friend is indeed alive and well (and has apparently already recovered to perfect condition.... yeah). After briefing the Higashikatas on the situation, Josuke and Rai decide to chase after those ambulance drivers, but not before Rai voices his suspicious about Joubin.... he knows that he was the one who started the fire. And now only ten days remain until the next Rokakaka fruit can be harvested....

Meanwhile, at the hospital, Joubin's wife Mitsuba gets herself checked on by a rather shady doctor. Judging from the examination, it sounds like she's had her share of Rokakaka treatments herself! The doctor then offers her an expensive cure for her ailments, which she seems more than willing to take. And as it turns out, Yasuho catches sight of Mitsuba at that very hospital, where.... her legs have become crumbling stone...!!?

Oh, and I loved the scene where (nearly) everybody ignored Joushuu's silly business idea. Well, at least Daiya is there for him, heh.
Old 2018-07-20, 13:08   Link #392
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rai didn't see Joubin after all, but he still strongly suspects him.

The "doctor" conned Mitsuba pretty hard. To think she initially came in just because her breasts were sagging.
Old 2018-08-17, 10:52   Link #393
marvelB

New month, new chapter!

And boy, this one really cranks up the weirdness factor! Despite Josuke's warning to escape the hospital, Yasuho decides to confront Mitsuba about her condition and the doctor (whose name is revealed to be Uu Tomoki). Suddenly, during their talk, a stand attack occurs! Yasuho is knocked out, and Mitsuba.... turns to be fused with the doctor!?
Old 2018-08-17, 11:21   Link #394
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was one tense chapter. Yasuho should have waited for Jousuke and Rai like they told her.
Old 2018-09-19, 00:58   Link #395
marvelB

And the next chappy is here!

Well, we got a major hint of what Mitsuba exchanged with the Rokakaka's powers..... and if it's true, that's one hell of a price. Though on the other hand, it looks like she's awakened her stand, as well....

Also, poor Yasuho. She keeps getting swept up into all these strange situations where someone tries to kill or violate her. And now someone tried to accomplish both those tasks on her with pebbles of all things!?
Old 2018-09-19, 11:15   Link #396
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yasuho can't catch a break. She was almost raped by rocks.

If Mitsuba really lost her baby, then that's pretty dark.
Old 2018-10-18, 11:58   Link #397
marvelB

New chap! Man, that doctor's one creepy dude. Apparently, his ability is just scattering those tiny fragments around. On the other hand, we learn more about Mitsuba's stand! Its name is Awaking III Leaves (no idea what song that references though), and it unleashes arrows that move around energy! Sounds like a pretty cool and useful power to me! But man, those tiny arms at the end..... that's just disturbing as hell.

Edit: BTW, I dunno about anyone else, but the doctor constantly saying "Uu Tomoki never fails" brought to my mind Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Not sure if anyone around here remembers (or is even familiar with) that show, though!

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-10-18 at 12:33.
Old 2018-10-19, 12:28   Link #398
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
New chap! Man, that doctor's one creepy dude. Apparently, his ability is just scattering those tiny fragments around. On the other hand, we learn more about Mitsuba's stand! Its name is Awaking III Leaves (no idea what song that references though), and it unleashes arrows that move around energy! Sounds like a pretty cool and useful power to me! But man, those tiny arms at the end..... that's just disturbing as hell.

Edit: BTW, I dunno about anyone else, but the doctor constantly saying "Uu Tomoki never fails" brought to my mind Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Not sure if anyone around here remembers (or is even familiar with) that show, though!
I do remember that show! It was pretty popular over there when it aired. Didn't make the connection though.

Anyway, Mitsuba's stand is pretty cool, and a good counter to Uu's ability.
Old 2018-11-18, 12:59   Link #399
marvelB

That time of month is here! And this is quite an informative chapter, too. Not only do we get a more detailed explanation of rock humans/creatures right from the get-go, but now we finally get an idea of how the Rokakaka's equivalent exchange works. And Uu just so happens to cheat that exchange with his stand ability, heh. Anyway, we're also introduced to an ex-boyfriend of Yasuho's, who's TOTALLY not suspicious. No siree, definitely not.
Old 2018-12-19, 01:37   Link #400
marvelB

Last chapter of the year is out! Man, that Wu (guess that's the official spelling now) is one frightening opponent. Thankfully, Josuke finally arrived to save the day! However, they now realize the "new" Rokakaka branch is not in the hospital, but thankfully, Yasuho seems to have a pretty good grasp of who the true plant pilferer is....

BTW, I'm actually kinda surprised that Yasuho's ex apparently didn't try to stop the Josuke/Rai duo (unless he planted some hidden stand ability on them from off-screen). I also found it interesting how Mitsuba described the Rokakaka's taste (I remember Norisuke mentioned a while back that the fruits smelled like figs.... neat to see that referenced again here!). I'm still a bit unclear about her equivalent exchange, though..... does it mean that her unborn child will survive, after all? Guess we gotta wait a bit to find out for certain...

Tags
action, adventure