AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-09, 01:49   Link #181
Conri

Quote:
But... the first episode clearly expected the viewer to be intimately familiar with the manga.
Yup. Having read the manga through the ~110th chapter, this was enjoyable (and I can probably only name 1/3-1/2 of the class off hand). If I hadn't, the cast would be overwhelming. However, this certainly isn't the only first episode that this applies to. Hopefully this series does a much better job of portraying and developing the characters...crucial to keeping old and new Negima fans alike.

The way the episode was constructed reminded me of Shoujo Kakumei Utena. Jarring artistic style in conjunction with Negima, yes. But then I saw Zazie juggling in the classroom, Mana cleaning her gun. Eccentric characters, eccentric art. This is kind of cool.

Even if Negima!? doesn't live up to the expectations the first episode has given me, this is going to be an interesting ride.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 01:57   Link #182
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo View Post

Oh and also before somebody starts to complain about the sub...

Yes, we already know the video quality crashes and gets all blocky. We had trouble encoding and we tried our best to fix it, yet nothing worked ;~; Plus we wanted to release ASAP because of the demand :/

We're also sorry we didn't translate some of the chalkboard. Most of it was gibberish anyways and weird stuff without any reference. Our translator was very frustrated cos it was also hard to read("THEY'RE FRIGGIN' CHICKEN SCRATCHES!"). We'll have translation notes up on our forum some time soon.

We're a new group consisted of only 4 people; one translator(, one guy who does the timing, encoding, and typesetting, another person as typesetter, and I as quality check. All of us are noobs besides BillyG so feel free to point and laugh D;

Hopefully next time we could fix the quality. Hope you guys aren't too disappointed with us like some people D;
First thing I'd say is "better to wait and release a better product than to cave to demand" .... this is your hobby, take the time and make it something you're happy to display.

I suspect some of the blackboard *IS* chicken scratching ... partial words and such (leaving the viewer to make his or her own malevolent guesses).

What I know about encoding is it is almost as arty as translation, but if you get an iffy input raw all the work in the world won't help. I'm still downloading so I don't have much else to say until I see it (accidently hit my bandwidth cap.... throttle hell).
Old 2006-10-09, 02:05   Link #183
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo View Post
Because it's a different series from Negima! so hence Negima!? ...I think D:
I guess that means if they make another one they'll give it one of these:

Negima!?;

I've read like A chapter of the manga and its not to bad. I can see myself watching this at some point if it doesn't suck. So I'll wait and see what the comments are here, since due to an Obsessive Compulsive Tic I am required to finish anything I start watching within one year or I'm driven insane. So it had better be good if I watch one episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 03:02   Link #184
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
We're not disappointed!!!! This quality is quite good and subbings to! Keep doing good job I <3 you guys
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 03:06   Link #185
shadowplay
passive observer

This is by far best show of the new season for me, and so far...but yeah those who are not fans of Shinbou's previous works and are not already familiar with original manga (or previous anime) might not 'get it' completely.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 03:12   Link #186
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Softness/fuzziness of the art, and some aspects of the color and character design reminded me of Kino. There're probably more apt comparisons, but I've got a limited amount of material to draw from, so I'm going with that.

'Cinematography' seemed a bit off, maybe? Something about how the scenes were composed, I think, bothered me. No way to tell what or if I was just feeling weird when I watched it.

Overall looks pretty promising. Obviously first episodes aren't always going to be very representative, but right now this is probably my top show for the season.
Old 2006-10-09, 04:06   Link #187
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, a reworked Maho Negima Sensei...

I just finished watching episode one and the artwork does definitely look better. The the way the scenes are shot are very different from the first Negima, it's dynamic like a action flick. All the girl's looks have changed but not by much. The only guy that has really changed a lot so far is Takahata sensei, He looks like a freaking stud now. Episode one was so so but it'll be interested go through this new Negima, imo.
Old 2006-10-09, 05:10   Link #188
ZODDGUTS

As expected great episode I knew Akiyuki Shinbo wouldn't dissapoint me loved his previous work Soul Taker, Pani Poni Dash and Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and several others. Also liked the music used in the first episode much better then the previous series.

The magic and action scenes looked great really well done. So far I'm liking how they set up the story there really moving the story.

Woot! Looks like this is gonna be an awesome series to watch.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 05:42   Link #189
Karnot
Banned

Gimme back my fanservice, you bastards !!!
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 07:47   Link #190
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Gah, why do all the kickass series' I've been really looking forward to have to start just when I'm without my connection? Kanon is also sorely needed, not to mention all the other stuff like Mamoru-kun that I'm wanting to check out.

Well, I guess the wait will make it that much better when I finally get to see them

Quick Q: Is the art style basically the same as it was in the Negima Haru Preview/ OAV episode?

Strange how I really hated the new designs when I first saw still shots of them online, but after watching the OAV I fell in love with them completely (as will be seen by my current allegiance to Sayo-chan).
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 08:29   Link #191
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

For the people who watched the 1st episode of this remake, and the last year's episode, as a 1st impression do you perfer this or the one before? because I got the whole series of last year's anime and haven't watched it yet so I was wondering which is better. Should I start watching this one and forget the 1st?
Old 2006-10-09, 08:36   Link #192
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

You should still watch the first one, it's completely different to how this season is apparently going to be (more harem and fanservice with some action, compared to the less harem more action that the new one is going for). The original series also stands as more or less the only series (out of more than 200 full series I've watched) that nearly had me in tears. You'll have to watch the show to find out why though

Also, since the animation quality suffered quite a lot, it'll increase the impact of the new series with the updated and much much nicer character designs.
Old 2006-10-09, 08:40   Link #193
nolanvoid

Akamatsu's art isnt soft and artsy, its clean and solid... so the new style really irks me.

also Asuna's eyes are different colors. that seems too stupid of a mistake.
nolanvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 08:42   Link #194
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
You should still watch the first one, it's completely different to how this season is apparently going to be (more harem and fanservice with some action, compared to the less harem more action that the new one is going for). The original series also stands as more or less the only series (out of more than 200 full series I've watched) that nearly had me in tears. You'll have to watch the show to find out why though

Also, since the animation quality suffered quite a lot, it'll increase the impact of the new series with the updated and much much nicer character designs.
I see, thanks for the help, I think I'm gonna start watching the 1st one soon
Old 2006-10-09, 08:43   Link #195
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
The only guy that has really changed a lot so far is Takahata sensei, He looks like a freaking stud now.
LOL That's what I thought too. When I first watched it raw, I was all like, "Is it me or did Takahata get hotter? o_O"

Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 08:57   Link #196
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanvoid
also Asuna's eyes are different colors. that seems too stupid of a mistake.
I rather liked the different colours. Some people 'do' have different coloured eyes, and it makes her stand out as even more unique. Whether it was a mistake or not, I liked it

Zizu - you're welcome
Old 2006-10-09, 09:25   Link #197
crystar
*yawns*

Impressive first episode. I was just shocked at the opening scene. I wasn't expecting the show to start off like this. I was also very happy to see Setsuna getting some screentime this early on. Looking forward to the next episode. Thanks to Mahora for the great sub.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 10:07   Link #198
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No matter how SHAFT handles the series... something as simple as getting Asuna's eyecolors wrong seems to be a major stumble for people (including myself actually) ... that was just too easy to get right.

It makes me wonder if something happens to Asuna down the road in the series to give her different eyecolor? That would be kind of interesting.
Old 2006-10-09, 10:13   Link #199
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

It makes me wonder if something happens to Asuna down the road in the series to give her different eyecolor? That would be kind of interesting.
My thoughts exactly. Though I have an idea which might prove to be too gruesome.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 10:15   Link #200
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Though I have an idea which might prove to be too gruesome.
Ala Kakashi? I certainly wouldn't mind seeing such a scene in 'Negima!?'