AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2020-04-07, 00:28   Link #521
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To any conservative asking where we should get the money: seize it from the assholes who hide it offshore
https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/202...hore-accounts/
Old 2020-04-07, 01:46   Link #522
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Not sure if older brother number 2 has taken a test for the virus in Vancouver, but I heard (from a printed email I glanced at) that he's getting paranoid about it and wants to move back to Manila in the long term (Which I'll say that the local healthcare system is not like Singapore). Funny that he's planning the moveback only because he can't find a job in BC and we have Canadian nationality.

I think he's okay, last I checked.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 02:05   Link #523
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-04-07, 13:46   Link #524
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

https://us.cnn.com/2020/04/07/us/cor...americans-race

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said Monday that, of the 512 coronavirus deaths so far, more than 70 percent were African American patients, who make up just 32 percent of the state's population.

Chicago, too, has seen similar numbers: Among those for whom race-ethnicity is known, 72% of the city's deaths have been among blacks, who make up just 30% of the city's population.

I expect on the coming days and week for many neocons to start spinning covid-19 as a positive thing, I would not be surprised if they start to call it the MAWA virus and encourage spreading it to racial minorities.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://us.cnn.com/videos/world/2020...onavirus-intl/

Bring your dead, bring your dead!
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 14:05   Link #525
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

African-Americans are more likely to suffer from the diseases that exacerbate COVID infections like asthma, coronary problems, obesity, and diabetes.

Quote:
The coronavirus entered Milwaukee from a white, affluent suburb. Then it took root in the city’s black community and erupted.

As the disease spread at a higher rate in the black community, it made an even deeper cut. Environmental, economic and political factors have compounded for generations, putting black people at higher risk of chronic conditions that leave lungs weak and immune systems vulnerable: asthma, heart disease, hypertension and diabetes. In Milwaukee, simply being black means your life expectancy is 14 years shorter, on average, than someone white.

As of Friday morning, African Americans made up almost half of Milwaukee County’s 945 cases and 81% of its 27 deaths in a county whose population is 26% black. Milwaukee is one of the few places in the United States that is tracking the racial breakdown of people who have been infected by the novel coronavirus, offering a glimpse at the disproportionate destruction it is inflicting on black communities nationwide.
https://www.propublica.org/article/e...-alarming-rate
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 15:51   Link #526
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/c...rus-covid.html

Coronavirus patients in areas that had high levels of air pollution before the pandemic are more likely to die from the infection than patients in cleaner parts of the country, according to a new nationwide study that offers the first clear link between long-term exposure to pollution and Covid-19 death rates.
Old 2020-04-07, 17:30   Link #527
James Rye

Well, Trump gonna stop paying WHO, that gonna destroy the Chinese influence for sure.
Old 2020-04-07, 17:48   Link #528
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I expect on the coming days and week for many neocons to start spinning covid-19 as a positive thing, I would not be surprised if they start to call it the MAWA virus and encourage spreading it to racial minorities.
Thank you for taking off the mask and showing us what a disgusting person you actually are.

Last edited by ramlaen; 2020-04-07 at 18:11.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 18:26   Link #529
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Thank you for taking off the mask and showing us what a disgusting person you actually are.
Dude, stop that we dont need this right now, it is hitting everybody and we dont need more slander from both sides like this.
Old 2020-04-07, 19:01   Link #530
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
I don't know howwidespread it is but, there was some reports about far-right group(s) than asked their infected members to go spread the illness to jews. Yes, neocon and far-righter aren't exactly the same group but still close to each other.
Old 2020-04-07, 19:41   Link #531
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Interesting change.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Co...dlmsEJYC9wm3Fk

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2020-04-07, 20:13   Link #532
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Dude, stop that we dont need this right now, it is hitting everybody and we dont need more slander from both sides like this.
You aren't wrong, but why did you respond to me instead of the first person throwing slander?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I don't know howwidespread it is but, there was some reports about far-right group(s) than asked their infected members to go spread the illness to jews. Yes, neocon and far-righter aren't exactly the same group but still close to each other.
There are 'reports' of groups from many sides asking their infected members to go after others or do other vile things related to coronavirus, throwing stones from a glass house etc.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 20:40   Link #533
Skulkraken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
It is, at least enough to make the FBI take notice.

They're a relatively small part of a much larger branch of Neo-Nazism that's been pushing its members to commit violent acts against minorities in general.

...They're also planning out their attacks by posting memes endlessly at each other. Yes, really. There are a few examples in the article.
Old 2020-04-07, 20:56   Link #534
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
https://us.cnn.com/2020/04/07/us/cor...americans-race

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said Monday that, of the 512 coronavirus deaths so far, more than 70 percent were African American patients, who make up just 32 percent of the state's population.

Chicago, too, has seen similar numbers: Among those for whom race-ethnicity is known, 72% of the city's deaths have been among blacks, who make up just 30% of the city's population.

We never learn, don't we?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskege...lis_experiment

Let's pretend that socio-economic status has little to do with people not going to the docs. until it's too serious or a lots of people of that group not trusting the meds at all. And spin narratives about virus working differently because of race (it doesn't).
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-07, 21:15   Link #535
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
You aren't wrong, but why did you respond to me instead of the first person throwing slander?
It is for everybody including myself, you and others. Right now we dont need slander, retorts or anything like that. The virus is here and we have to ride through it (I might have to go to the doctor soon, I got a very low temp but I having problems breathing and feel stiff as a board)
Old 2020-04-07, 21:53   Link #536
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

There's a counterterrorism notice I have in my Linkedin feed regarding threats by fringe far right groups against places of worships like synagogues and minority communities, although the emphasis is to those of Jewish descent.

Old 2020-04-08, 02:58   Link #537
Key Board
Carbon

"Everyone is on the same boat" is not accurate when it comes to Covid19

Poverty, air pollution, infrastructure does make a difference.
Some medical workers are disproportionately dying because of lack of equipment.

Some of these are policy issues that could be fixed. If not for now, than maybe for future possible outbreaks.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-08, 16:17   Link #538
Blaat

It was a matter of time but the anime industry is going to a stand still, expect lots of delay for the summer anime or perhaps no summer season.
Old 2020-04-08, 17:04   Link #539
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
It was a matter of time but the anime industry is going to a stand still, expect lots of delay for the summer anime or perhaps no summer season.
I expect the dubbing industry (in and out of japan) to "mutate". Just like work@home is the new normal for blue collar workers, voice acting should be decentralized from dubbing studios thanks to the internet. No such luck for live action flicks, since one thing is to have one professional microphone and booth at every voice actor house, but you can't have a professional camera and studio in every actor house.
--------------------------------------------
I was looking at the Johns Hopkins University maps and the only country with lower death rates than japan and finland is *drums* Iceland! Seems like the also have a sauna culture, but if someone has some first hand knowledge please do share some insight.
Old 2020-04-08, 22:14   Link #540
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Getting reports of the Saudi coalition doing a ceasefire in Yemen.

Weeks ago, the ELN declared an end to hostilities for the moment and the gangs in South Africa have agreed to end criminal activities.