AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-07, 02:03   Link #61
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Hmm, I thought the woman in the blue suit's into Mitsuki. But apparently she's also into bishounens. That sucks. I need my lesbian undertones.
Old 2004-04-07, 09:34   Link #62
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

hehe, episode 4 explained how those black mikos got added into Cosprayers
Old 2004-04-08, 00:51   Link #63
marin

Wow you're right, episode 4 basically explains that horrible illogical plot twist in Cosprayers episode 6 (that got me watching that show when people were talking about it here)...

Again, it makes me actually glad to have seen the horror that was Cosprayers...

Now, I can't wait to see how it all comes crashing down and they had to quickly improvise an ending when it gets cancelled...
Old 2004-04-09, 11:40   Link #64
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Hmm, I thought the woman in the blue suit's into Mitsuki. But apparently she's also into bishounens. That sucks. I need my lesbian undertones.
And she also says "biseinen" (slightly older hot male). This episode was great! I love their rationale for including all the hot guys. And the hate mail! Heheh. Yes, the senselessness of Cosprayers is begining to make sense.

Do you think the hot springs episode they were mentioning is on the DVDs?
Old 2004-04-09, 12:25   Link #65
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Do you think the hot springs episode they were mentioning is on the DVDs?
It actually is @.@;;; but it's a bit different, heh. It mainly focuses on Koto. And you know how that guy from Ozu Modelling was wearing that monster costume we never saw? Well, it's the giant mouth :P It's in the DVD ep right before the hotsprings ep
Old 2004-04-23, 10:56   Link #66
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I gotta say that episode 5 of Smash Hit! was probably the best episode so far in the series, at least in MY opinion.
Old 2004-04-26, 03:04   Link #67
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Well, I found plenty of fanservice in episode 5 and the group is finally working well together. Even dracula is starting to show some appreciation for Mitsuki's work. So all is well in the studio right now. I wonder what'll trigger the cancellation of the show.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-04-26 at 17:36.
Old 2004-04-26, 11:04   Link #68
jennwenn

Episode 5 spoilers if this show can have spoilers.....

Heh, each episode provides more and more illumination as to why Cosprayers sucks so bad. Not only is it motivated by fanservice, but the evil guy villains are there solely to pull in female viewers and promote a boyband, while the mechs are blatant pandering to toy companies. That poor scriptwriter who actually thinks he's writing a story is really creating one big mess of a commercial.

I'm wondering if M.O.E. are poking fun at themselves and the worst of the anime/TV industry? I mean the whole mech thing is a big jab at Gundam while the boyband is just like Wiess Kreuz, a series with freakishly big plot holes (heck what plot?) aimed at fangirls of the seiyuu's band. And there are all those real celebrity appearances by Japanese boybands (like SMAP) in J-dorama series. And M.O.E.'s claim to fame is in their name - fanservice-y moe girls. (They don't hide who they are hehe.) All series are commercial in that sense, but hell we love 'em and they're some of the most popular anime ever.

Smash Hit! is just brilliant! Mwahahaha!!!
Old 2004-05-11, 21:30   Link #69
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Just wondering if you folks at triad are also going to do Love Love?

I wouldn't wanna miss that.
Old 2004-05-11, 21:34   Link #70
Dragosmore
Translator

Earlier in the fansub groups section of AnimeSuki, I posted this:

Triad has full intention of finishing Cosprayers and Smash Hit, aired episodes and unaired DVD episodes. Just wait a little longer. We have looked over the first episode of LOVE <3 LOVE and have decided NOT to do it, because it is already, as bad as Cosprayers was. We're sorry for this inconvenience, but with the smooth ending of Smash Hit, there really is no need to bother with LOVE <3 LOVE. It's just an extra tagged on for more fanservice and lame plot involving Koto (Natsumi Yagami) x Ooizumi Naoto (The screenwriter for Cosprayers)
Old 2004-05-11, 21:40   Link #71
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I think Smash Hit is a joke on the audience. It could have told a story about TV production but instead it's just, "O ho ho, look how terrible it all is." Mitsuki is likable even though the show dumped on her every chance it got. Oh well.

Episode 5 scared me off for good. Mitsuki finally sucked it up and decided to play along. That kind of killed the only thing about the story that made any sense.
Old 2004-05-12, 00:06   Link #72
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I think Smash Hit is a joke on the audience. It could have told a story about TV production but instead it's just, "O ho ho, look how terrible it all is." Mitsuki is likable even though the show dumped on her every chance it got. Oh well.

Episode 5 scared me off for good. Mitsuki finally sucked it up and decided to play along. That kind of killed the only thing about the story that made any sense.
You mean she actually started to beleive that Cosprayers was good? What do you mean?

I think Mitsuki's the only character in both series that I like, yet I think she's a total idiot and all the suckiness of Cosprayers is HER fault. She lost the original writer, she couldn't hire certain actors, she couldn't control her perverted staff, she's a pushover who let everyone's bad ideas go into the show. She's incompetent, but the show is starting to pretend that she's not. (Or is it?) Its pathetic, but I strangely like her.

What's this about Love Love returning to total crap? I know the pantyshots are excessive, but its that bad? Damn, I was hoping the series would get progressively better...

I frickin hate the lead actress of Cosprayers, in both Cosprayers and Smash Hit. She's an annoying whiney little prissy wannabe cheerleader. In both series. And she's not cute, yet she's the main character. Riiiight.

Last edited by jennwenn; 2004-05-12 at 11:51.
Old 2004-05-12, 00:20   Link #73
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
You mean she actually started to beleive that Cosprayers was good? What do you mean?
She used to know enough to really hate her job, but in episode 5 she just caves in and does all that humiliating stuff with that event.

Quote:
I think Mitsuki's the only character in both series that I like, yet I think she's a total idiot and all the suckiness of Cosprayers is HER fault.
I thought it was more like watching someone try to turn lemons into lemonade, but they forgot to get her any sugar.
Old 2004-05-12, 11:58   Link #74
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I thought it was more like watching someone try to turn lemons into lemonade, but they forgot to get her any sugar.
Hehe, nice metaphor! I suppose its true. Its not like she could make anything good out of the crap that she was given to work with even if she was God. Hmmm...would it have sucked as much as did if she wasn't the producer or did she alleviate the crappiness? Hmm...
Old 2004-05-13, 11:49   Link #75
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
I frickin hate the lead actress of Cosprayers, in both Cosprayers and Smash Hit. She's an annoying whiney little prissy wannabe cheerleader. In both series. And she's not cute, yet she's the main character. Riiiight.
Yeah, I think you're meant to hate her, That's why she's the main character. I hated her from day one. But its all on purpose.

But if I happen to come across a famous celebrity like her which shouldn't be hard to find, I'll prolly still adore her like an idiot, just like the film crew and the fans of the show (not real life) are worshipping her.
Old 2004-05-13, 20:09   Link #76
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Yeah, I think you're meant to hate her, That's why she's the main character. I hated her from day one. But its all on purpose.

But if I happen to come across a famous celebrity like her which shouldn't be hard to find, I'll prolly still adore her like an idiot, just like the film crew and the fans of the show (not real life) are worshipping her.
So I'm not alone in my hatred? I thought the Japanese otaku loved her character because she's supposedly cute lolicon material...
Old 2004-05-18, 10:16   Link #77
evilgumby
Fight on!! Video gamer

Send a message via AIM to evilgumby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
M.O.E. likes to use large amounts of pedophile attention grabbing,
underaged character designs in fanservice scenes then justify it by
saying the characters are overage...

I think I just summed up my primary reason for not watching M.O.E.
series. Honestly, you don't design a character to look thirteen or
fourteen than pass if off by stating that they're actually twenty-five.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Still better than American TV series about teenagers played by actors/actresses who are at least 35 years old.
Nooooooooooooooooo its not!!!
I hate this crap too. Japanese do that way too much.
Old 2004-05-26, 15:46   Link #78
Dragosmore
Translator

For those Ikita Mitsuki lovers, Smash Hit! 6 is finally out. HER DREAMS ARE CRUSHED. Hohoho... Just wait and find out for yourselves
Old 2004-05-26, 16:08   Link #79
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

persoanlly I like some particular scene at episode 7
Old 2004-06-16, 08:57   Link #80
Sandman
Anime Jisho

Send a message via ICQ to Sandman
Smash Hit Eps 08

Anyone finished downloaded this eps???
I finished but seems to be not very good......is it because of the source???

Closed Thread