AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-06, 04:59   Link #81
Lukeman1884

Did anyone else find her response at the very end to feel out-of-character? I dunno, from how she was acting up till that point, her stubbornness, etc, I didn't expect her to thank him like thank. Just stuck out to me
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 06:35   Link #82
Kirarakim

Really enjoyed the first episode of this. I guess you can say there is nothing new here, but there was a nice comfortable familiar feeling. It gave me nostalgic feel for the shoujo I watched when first getting into anime.

And in fact my first shoujo experience was Fruits Basket so that is probably what this made me think of. Same director and all.

I also really loved the opening, not just for the lyrics but also because I loved seeing the protagonist in all those cute outfits.

It also has youkai and that's kind of in my sweet spot.
Old 2012-10-06, 16:44   Link #83
Midonin
Last Engage

Of the two girls' series I'm following this season, I think I like this one a little more. The atmosphere is a little goofier, and Nanami is a lot of fun to watch. The supernatural elements help, too. It's filling the void of Japanese mysticism left by Binbougami. And with nearly as much bickering.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 06:17   Link #84
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Loved the OP, loved the ED, loved Nanami's VA's rapid fire delivery and spunky voice.

Although the anime doesn't quite capture Suzuki Julietta's fantastic art style and slower pace, it succeeded in making the episode consistently energetic and light-hearted, and therefore a lot of fun.

I'm going to enjoy this.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 09:57   Link #85
starlol

My favorite of the 3 new shoujo anime for this season so far.
I'm glad that she take that chance to settle the contract + saving her part.
Looks like next episode onwards she will meet more bishes.
But I'm excited to watch how she really become the god.
Old 2012-10-08, 14:29   Link #86
kuromitsu

Ep 2 - aaww this show is so cute! And funny.

Spoiler for ep 2:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 20:40   Link #87
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2012-10-08, 23:32   Link #88
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

The flow of the two episodes seem somewhat jagged. The story seems to have a very manga feel to it, you read a few cuts, flip the page, read the next few cuts, and so on. Even the presentation seems very stiffled. But, for some reason I really enjoyed watching. I think the old-school feel of the jokes helped a bit, and Nanami's antics are cute enough and funny enough.
Old 2012-10-09, 11:35   Link #89
LKK

Funimation has licensed "Kamisama Kiss". Stream starts Wednesday. [source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 11:40   Link #90
Midonin
Last Engage

Ah, so Funi's the one behind this, not CR like I was expecting. Good news either way.
Old 2012-10-09, 14:48   Link #91
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
Just watched the first episode and I'm surprised I actually liked it. Just hope it keeps up good

(And the opening got stuck in my mind all day. I was humbling it all day long, now I have to download it)
Old 2012-10-09, 14:51   Link #92
Kirarakim

And as I said on the Psycho Pass thread not too fond of Funi's streaming service but any simulcast is better than no simulcast.
Old 2012-10-09, 16:55   Link #93
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynis View Post
Just watched the first episode and I'm surprised I actually liked it. Just hope it keeps up good

(And the opening got stuck in my mind all day. I was humbling it all day long, now I have to download it)
Yeah, I wasn't sure how much I'd like this one. But the first episode definitely was fun to watch. I just like this girl and think she'll definitely be able to keep the show entertaining as she interacts with Tomoe.
Old 2012-10-09, 22:23   Link #94
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... to be honest I have mixed feelings after seeing ep 1. I felt it was a pretty good adaptation as far as that goes, but I really, really like the manga's slow pace at developing the story and that detailed and care-filled feeling the art gives to me. Somehow the quick pace and "fast sketching" quality of the visuals "gets in the way" for me.

Well, maybe things will change, but I hope that for me this does not become a situation where my extreme fondness for the written source interferes with my ability to appreciate the adaptation.
Old 2012-10-10, 08:16   Link #95
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've expected as much, but episode two really upped the hilarity for Tomoe I'm glad he moved out of his grouchy mood and into the more epic troll mode

Don't really care much about Kurama, Male Idols have always been... Unpleasant. I'm just glad Tomoe was there to put him in his place.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 10:59   Link #96
andromeda0201

Ahh, I did think this anime gave me some Fruits Basket vibes....so they have the same director!
Started watching this with low expectations but it's really fun indeed. I enjoy the old-school straightforward comedy and Tomoe is such an amusing tsundere!
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 13:35   Link #97
minakichan

Eps 1 and 2 are up on Funimation now http://www.funimation.com/kamisama-kiss/videos

I really like Tomoe as something of a different take on the tsundere/oranyan. Sure, he has his coolguy sexy eyes thing when he's acting irritated or mocking (lol) but sometimes he makes really comical faces and acts silly, like in that pic above with Kurama hahaha. Sometimes he's drawn really adorably catlike in the manga too. Really, bishounen characters who have a lot of different sides to them are the most interesting.
minakichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 13:48   Link #98
Midonin
Last Engage

The highlight of this episode was definitely the ostrich chase.
Old 2012-10-11, 01:42   Link #99
Jehuty

ahh -- I'm getting a bit of a Fruits Basket feel out of this series so far. I don't know if it's the premise (supernatural beings, good girl with awful luck) or what, though. But I am enjoying this series. Speaking of Furuba... I need to go watch it again.
Old 2012-10-11, 02:10   Link #100
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
ahh -- I'm getting a bit of a Fruits Basket feel out of this series so far. I don't know if it's the premise (supernatural beings, good girl with awful luck) or what, though. But I am enjoying this series. Speaking of Furuba... I need to go watch it again.
Same director
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shoujo, supernatural