AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 98 65.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 18.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-26, 00:21   Link #101
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Don't you remember? Back in season 1 episode 2 when they took that photo?
painful, right??? I believe I remembered in that photo, Yukari isn't there.. but this time, it's Yuji who disappeared from the picture

after watching the subbed version, I believe nothing is left unexplained... just perfect....

although many people tell bad review about this season, I will recommend Shakugan no Shana to every friends I know

and also thanks for everyone who always help to explain every episode to me in this forum... I owe you guys a lot
Old 2012-03-26, 01:35   Link #102
-Urusai-
sleeping shana :3

To me, i loved this anime, and it's something that I won't forget and stop loving.

rate: 1000000/10

urusai, urusai, urusai!

Mou dare ni mo tayoranai
Old 2012-03-26, 02:01   Link #103
Dark_Pride

So why isn't Misaki City in Xanadu again? I need a clearer explanation. That's the only thing bugging me.
Old 2012-03-26, 02:28   Link #104
tsunade666

^ because the xanadu is a complete copy of this world. But Misaki city in this world is gone. When Yuuji uses Misaki city as the place to summon the gate. He expands the already crack up holes in the city. Resulting in it completely destroyed and cease to exist. And it goes along with his original plan of restoring it. He completely sacrifice Misaki city to open up the gate then with the left over power of existence he completely repairs it and even the ones that got eaten by the tomogara.
Old 2012-03-26, 02:49   Link #105
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Although I enjoyed the ending overall, there are some gripes...

Why did Sydonay have to die? The fight itself shouldn't have been "to the death." Margery just pulled super powers out of her ass for the sake of plot. And in the end, Carmel saying goodbye to Shana was pointless since she went there anyway. And I highly, HIGHLY! DISAPPROVE of the Flame Haze going to Xanadu, especially the three freaks. Them being there is just going to cause unnecessary friction, especially since they seem like they want to go there with the intention of being aggressive.

Well, anyway cool to see Yuji being "human" again, with super powers to boot. That means he can procreate now!
Old 2012-03-26, 02:55   Link #106
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ because the xanadu is a complete copy of this world. But Misaki city in this world is gone. When Yuuji uses Misaki city as the place to summon the gate. He expands the already crack up holes in the city. Resulting in it completely destroyed and cease to exist. And it goes along with his original plan of restoring it. He completely sacrifice Misaki city to open up the gate then with the left over power of existence he completely repairs it and even the ones that got eaten by the tomogara.
Thanks for your explanation. However, I do not agree with the bolded statement. Misaki City in this world still exists even with all those damages (which are reversed by Yuji subsequently), but it is not really gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drulo View Post
I remember Shana saying he is not a torch anymore so I dont think he still has the reiji mago
Here is direct translation from the novel, courtesy of Baka-Tsuki:
Quote:
As the god summon (to create Xanadu) released a lot of distortions, the gears of the treasure tool (Reiji Maigo) itself came loose.
In other words, the hougu is spoiled and cannot be used anymore. That is no longer an issue anymore, since Yuji is actual existence who needs not to worry about disappearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But why did we need a fight in this episode? Shouldn't Sydonay and Margery feel like idiots getting drawn into this stupid Shana vs Yuji last fight? They could have just dropped the powers and just argued.
I thought they are fighting, because Yuji kidnaps Kazumi for his plan.

On an unrelated note, in 5 minutes 48 seconds of thid episode, whom and what does Marcosius refer to, when he say:"I guess even the eggheaded monster can see the big fat thread tying those two together."?

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2012-03-26 at 03:19.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:14   Link #107
Dark_Pride

Quote:
Wait what? So where are they fighting from episodes 19-23?
Old 2012-03-26, 03:31   Link #108
tsunade666

It looks like it's not entirely gone but it still damage and who wants damage good in your paradise.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:49   Link #109
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Although I enjoyed the ending overall, there are some gripes...

Why did Sydonay have to die? The fight itself shouldn't have been "to the death." Margery just pulled super powers out of her ass for the sake of plot. And in the end, Carmel saying goodbye to Shana was pointless since she went there anyway. And I highly, HIGHLY! DISAPPROVE of the Flame Haze going to Xanadu, especially the three freaks. Them being there is just going to cause unnecessary friction, especially since they seem like they want to go there with the intention of being aggressive.

Well, anyway cool to see Yuji being "human" again, with super powers to boot. That means he can procreate now!
Sydonay wants to die to meet Hecate... that's all

Wilhelmina said goodbye to Shana because at first Shana thinks she doesn't need to go to Xanadu (she still didn't know Yuji's plan)
but I think Shana and Wilhelmina won't meet up soon. Because Shana and Yuji still got many jobs to do and planning to be alone right now. so the goodbye is still got meaning

after rewatching 2nd time, now I understand why there's no one complain about the chaotic night... it's because Yuji and Shana's existence already erased... so no one remember about huge silver armor and six-headed bear
for Misaki city, I think because Misaki is served and sacrificed as gate to Xanadu. Because Misaki city's role as link, there's no way God of Creation can create an exact copy in Xanadu
Old 2012-03-26, 08:12   Link #110
Senshigeia

I never noticed before, but is Shana left-handed?

Spoiler for picture - proof!:

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-03-26, 08:16   Link #111
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Why did Sydonay have to die? The fight itself shouldn't have been "to the death." Margery just pulled super powers out of her ass for the sake of plot. And in the end, Carmel saying goodbye to Shana was pointless since she went there anyway. And I highly, HIGHLY! DISAPPROVE of the Flame Haze going to Xanadu, especially the three freaks. Them being there is just going to cause unnecessary friction, especially since they seem like they want to go there with the intention of being aggressive
1) Sydonay wanted to die himself to be with Hecate
2) Margery putting superpowers out is similar to the ending of the first season ( I think?) where they were able to use all the surrounding PoE to their advantage.
3) Carmel didn't really know whether Shana was going to the new world or staying in Earth with Yuji in case Yuji decided to stay back.
4) The Flame Hazes going to Xanadu was answered before in this thread

Quote:
So why isn't Misaki City in Xanadu again? I need a clearer explanation. That's the only thing bugging me.
Basically because of all the instabilities and the fact that the balance was so broken around Misaki city, when they did the copy paste spell for Xanadu Misaki City couldn't be copied
Old 2012-03-26, 09:46   Link #112
Frostysunset

I loved the series. The ending is more or less faithful to the novel. They did a good job getting the rest of the material in.

My only small critique is that the kiss scene and the restoration of Yuji as an existence seemed far too rushed and less emotional than I imagined when I read the novel. I imagined Yuji basically breaking down when he finally realizes that Shana accepts him despite the means he chose to his end.

But overall, I love how the Torch we saw in Episode 1 of Season 1 who started his journey in fear and confusion rose to become the (anti?) hero of all. And Shana in the end saves him from his self-imposed exile.

A series that deserves to become a classic of anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
Throughout the series Shana switches hands. Maybe ambidextrous?
Old 2012-03-26, 11:00   Link #113
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post

Why did Sydonay have to die?
He wanted to. Anyway he's immortal...him staying with Hecate and the Snake is better than in Xanadu anyway
Old 2012-03-26, 13:31   Link #114
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Seeing Yuji and Shana finally accepting each other as lovers, and sealing it with a kiss was very rewarding to see. Hearing Hishoku no Sora again was even more rewarding, and it (quite literally) drove me to tears.

I don't think I could've asked for a better ending than this. So much awesomeness in 24 minutes.
Old 2012-03-26, 15:08   Link #115
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post

Spoiler for picture - proof!:
Shana is right-handed. She puts Nietono No Shana in her left when she needs to fly & hold some-one/thing. In some cases when she runs, she puts it also in her left.
Old 2012-03-26, 21:12   Link #116
Dark_Pride

Quote:
It looks like it's not entirely gone but it still damage and who wants damage good in your paradise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post

Basically because of all the instabilities and the fact that the balance was so broken around Misaki city, when they did the copy paste spell for Xanadu Misaki City couldn't be copied
Thanks for the answers. I now understand it.
Old 2012-03-27, 00:23   Link #117
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Just before I watched today the final episode I took the liberty of reading all of this threads' posts yesterday.

What an epic rollercoaster ride of regrets, of discoveries, of battles, of meanings to existence, of oaths of love, of destined meetings, and all was to end the distance between Shana and Yuuji.

The last battle goes beyond the annals of epicness, because I felt it was more of a lover's quarrel between Shana and Yuuji, and the writers executed it to be the most serious as possible. Now, guess what? It delivered, and I got the chance once again of watching Shana going all-out postal on Yuuji in her classic tsundere fashion and shouting out her forgotten: "urusai, urusai, urusai".
Spoiler:

The final episode delivers to wrap conclusively both Shana and Yuuji's fate. She comes through at the end and not reasoning with logic but pure love, the same love that Yuuji told her about the since the first time they met.

As for Yoshida, I do not feel sorry for her but glad for that girl. Of course, Shana and Yuuji flew away to Xanadu without saying their proper farewells, but I got the feeling that Yuuji chose Kazumi not simply out of being the one involved with the tuning of Misaki City or to have Misaki City fixed from all distortions as a means to say sorry.
It was more of a parting gift from Yuuji to ask Kazumi's help to fully restore Misaki City, as the undeniable proof that he existed, and that they met; to always remember him; their hometown where they met and became friends.

Yes, and this was possible due to Lamies' parting gifts:
Spoiler:

And, everything began with Hirai Yukari the first of Yuujis' friends who was seemingly lost when devoured by the Tomogara and whose flickering torch Shana used to take her place once arriving to Misaki City.
Can't everyone believe it was just six and one-half years ago when the very first episode to Shakugan no Shana aired?

Everything was absolutely gorgeous, and don't think that Sydonnay lacked in the fight; the man put up the real fight with Margery, but once Shana's tsundere mode exploded into infinity then the tables turned on him.
Spoiler:

Heck, Margery also gets her happy ending living with Keisaku at the end while indulging in her basic pleasures- sleeping, sake, and the love of her man.

While I'm not concerned as to why everyone or most of everyone wanted to leave for Xanadu, it's plainly that they have to make sure the new world can become hospitable for the Tomogara, the humans, and the FH there.
1. I mean Tomogara will keep coming from Guze, and not all of them would want to go to Xanadu but to stay on Earth to cause trouble, hence, why some FH stayed on Earth to keep an eye for them: Margery, Sophie Sawallisch, and among a few prominent figures.

2. I don't think that all of the 1225 FH who left for Xanadu will accept peaceful terms from or with the Tomogara for the time being, given that most of them would still hold lingering feelings of hatred and vengeance towards them.

3. So, it makes more much sense that Yuuji wants to go to Xanadu to build harmonious and diplomatic relations between both races, because he understood from the Tomogara (or from most of them) that over the millenia they came to approve of humans' existences as something great and no longer just POE food supply.
If it wasn't the case, then either Xanadu would never have been wished for or Xanadu would have been created to Sairei no Heibi's original vision: the utopia for Tomogara without laws.

4. However, even alone and by himself Yuuji wouldn't make much of a difference to help fostering the relationship between the races, because he said so himself to Shana that he was responsible for the killing of many FH and humans alike to have achieved his plans, and putting on the shoes of many FH they would be going after his neck.

5. Shana loves Yuuji unconditionally demonstrated again and again throughout the course of the whole story, as she grew-up as a person and not only as a FH.
If she turned highly violent towards Yuuji, it was to make him see the error of blaming himself; he has the right to be greedy and selfish as he wants to be, to remind him that their love towards each other was, is, and always will be their eternal oath, and she never will separate from him, and whatever blunders he makes along the way she'll be there to support him, to straighten him out, and to be his heart just as he will always be Shana's heart.
Old 2012-03-27, 02:10   Link #118
Manic
real men love pink

good ending, thank god for this and HS dxd they saved the season for me. The last fight seemed kind of meaningless and was kind of unfair with yuji being back to normal but eh well not like they were gonna dual to the death.

Also id hope yuji isnt a normal human cus he wouldnt be able to go forward with his plans if he had the normal life span of a human, unless he became a contractor himself. Glad i got to the rest of this animated. This was the 1st japanese anime i watched and got me hooked. Heard funi plans to release the rest of it over here, so i hope thats true.

makes me scratch my head tho when the same company can make this but then puts out something like znt.
Old 2012-03-27, 02:40   Link #119
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
I believe that the dragon tail was some kind of 'machine' which stopped functioning when Dantalion died. So he won't be able to use this anymore. The hair was cut off in the end anyways.
The part regarding Yuji's dragontail was omitted in the anime. It occurs before Alastor said to Yuji that Yuji placed too heavy burden on himself.

Here is direct translation from the novel, courtesy of Baka-Tsuki:
Quote:
Yuji used the recoil of the dragontail behind him that had become a mere ornament to block the slash of the ‘Nietono no Shana’. Yuji’s dragontail was sliced off (by Shana).
Old 2012-03-27, 04:09   Link #120
Frostysunset

@ Manic

From the epilogue of the last novel, it seems Yuji has not become a mortal human again. It hints that Yuji and Shana are together in Xanadu for a very long time.
Closed Thread