AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-07-30, 07:49   Link #4741
Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
While its much too early to tell, but apparently there's a lack of a number jump in its serial number, hinting that Seravee's form is the whole Gundam, and not an outer shell like Virtue's was over Nadleeh.

Plus, Nadleeh's sole purpose was to dominate other Gundams with the usage of its Trial System, which relied on VEDA. With VEDA in the control of Ribbons and Innovator, Trial System is useless and thus there's no need for a suit like Nadleeh.
Maybe, maybe not. Nadleeh was built before the decision to convert it into Virtue was made, hence the jump in unit number.
Delusional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 09:37   Link #4742
gekido666

And about the Trial System, since Ribbons has control over Veda, Trial System is useless. Perhaps they made another system for the Gundam inside Seravii? (if it does have one).

I have no doubts about Seravii having another Gundam hidden like Virtue with Nadleeh and i'm pretty sure Seravii will have the same feature, it looks too fat, TOO FAT for it to not have another Gundam hidden in it.
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 10:16   Link #4743
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Nadleeh was also built for extreme speed right? The fastest form of the Generation Series suits. I am sure we will see something like it but easier to put back together.
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 14:43   Link #4744
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Is it me or the other three new suits for the second season (Kyrios, Dynames, and Virtue replacements) seemed ugly and "crystaline" in appearance - lacking in the original charm that the previous suits had. It also had the generic look and feel that maybe adding into that lost charm.

Also, I kind of liked that embedded circle thing in the Celestial Being suits. Now... its completely gone.
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 15:30   Link #4745
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't see any problem with the upgraded Gundams. They look fine to me. I imagine most of you naysayers won't find a problem with them once Gundam 00 airs again.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 16:20   Link #4746
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

It will be better when it airs. You can stare at these for hours on end and complain. I will judge it in the show.
Old 2008-07-30, 19:49   Link #4747
sifuwarrior
享用中華一番

I hope season 2 comes out sooner because I've been waiting for a long time now.

Season 1 was really good, the series is probably my second favorite
Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed/Destiny was really good

Gundam 00 is the best!
Old 2008-07-30, 20:05   Link #4748
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

@sifuwarrior: go kill some time watching Geass... as soon as it ends Gundam 00 will begin

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Kovensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 20:13   Link #4749
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovensky View Post
@sifuwarrior: go kill some time watching Geass... as soon as it ends Gundam 00 will begin
Probably is watching it now :P
Old 2008-07-31, 02:00   Link #4750
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

If another skinny one jumps out of the fat one then it'll just be lame since everyone would be expecting it, so how about growing bigger?

*The only good thing about Code Geass ending is that 00 takes its place...
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 02:21   Link #4751
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Between Psyco Gundam MkII and Destroy Gundam, we have enough giant Gundams to last us a lifetime. I'd be fine with Seravee being the entire Gundam, there's no point in having another Nadleeh-type of Gundam without Celestial Being having access to VEDA.
Old 2008-07-31, 02:45   Link #4752
gekido666

Quote:
Between Psyco Gundam MkII and Destroy Gundam, we have enough giant Gundams to last us a lifetime. I'd be fine with Seravee being the entire Gundam, there's no point in having another Nadleeh-type of Gundam without Celestial Being having access to VEDA.
Yes there is, it doesn't have to be Trial System, it can be a new system that is accessible without Veda.

Last edited by gekido666; 2008-07-31 at 04:11.
Old 2008-07-31, 06:02   Link #4753
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
If another skinny one jumps out of the fat one then it'll just be lame since everyone would be expecting it, so how about growing bigger?
The same thing I've babbling about all this while, GATTAI!! What about Arios, 00 and Cherudim combining into a Sentai Gundam and Seravii transforming into something like the Metal Genocider or something.... They could pull off a Banpreios/SRX with those kind of Gundam designs... Seriously....

Anyway, I'll ease up on the judgements until the series airs....
Old 2008-07-31, 07:24   Link #4754
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Gundam 00 Blu-ray Box
A photo of the box that comes with the Blu-ray edition of Gundam 00 was put up on the official site's Products section.

Gundam 00 Voice Actor Single #2
Victor Animation Network posted info on the second in the Gundam 00 Voice Actor Single series. Titled "Shinichiro Miki come across Lockon Stratos", the CD comes out September 24 and features the tracks "The Spiral Of Eternity" & "Answer". The music for the CD was done in collaboration with Eijun Suganami & Shinji Matsuda, members of The Back Horn.

Second Gundam 00 drama CD announced
7 & Y lists a second drama CD entitled "Drama CD Special Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Another Story 'Road To 2307'" coming out on September 24. Details are sparse other than the CD looks to include two tales from the past: "Angels Descend", dealing with the Meisters, and "Union Flag", focusing on the Union.

frm gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 08:55   Link #4755
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post

*The only good thing about Code Geass ending is that 00 takes its place...
LMFAO! I couldn't have said it better. When Nadleeh first appeared in scans, I was already a bit annoyed. It was a damn Gundam with hair! I never liked that! What makes it worse is that it never really did anything in the series.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 09:02   Link #4756
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
What makes it worse is that it never really did anything in the series.
But it took down two Thrones with nothing but a frickkin' light.... Ain't that something? Not to mention how nimble it was when it goes Trans-Am...
Old 2008-07-31, 09:06   Link #4757
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
But it took down two Thrones with nothing but a frickkin' light.... Ain't that something? Not to mention how nimble it was when it goes Trans-Am...
That's true, but at some point it just started sitting there. That includes the time it took out the two Thrones, although most of that is Tieria's fault. Compared to the other 3 Gundam, it just didn't do much.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 09:44   Link #4758
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
That's true, but at some point it just started sitting there. That includes the time it took out the two Thrones, although most of that is Tieria's fault. Compared to the other 3 Gundam, it just didn't do much.
You're forgetting the time it took out 6 GN-X's by itself, including Patrick's.

In terms of role though, the Nadleeh was only supposed to be used as a last resort, since Virtue could more or less handle itself in a fight.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 10:32   Link #4759
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekido666 View Post
Yes there is, it doesn't have to be Trial System, it can be a new system that is accessible without Veda.
Oh? And how useful would THAT be? Any enemy Gundam on the side of Innovator will be using the VEDA O.S., but the Celestial Being Gundams will have to use Christina and Feldt's O.S. because VEDA no longer supports them. Without VEDA, there can be no Trial System that can stop a VEDA System, as VEDA is pretty much superior to any computer system on the planet. Remember, when Tieria fought against the two Gundam Thrones with Nadleeh, VEDA disabled the Trial System and essentially kicked Tieria out.

Unless Seravee and the enemy Gundams O.S.s match, Trial System isn't happening.
Old 2008-07-31, 11:06   Link #4760
gekido666

Quote:
Unless Seravee and the enemy Gundams O.S.s match, Trial System isn't happening.
Trial System can't disable Celestial Being's Gundams this time anyway. It can only disable units that are linked to Veda.

Last edited by gekido666; 2008-07-31 at 11:18.

Tags
spoilers