AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-31, 14:02   Link #1
Franz

where are the Buster an Duel?

Well everybody is speaking about the freedom return, but Duel an Buster , in the last battle in the seed they get less damage than the freedom, if the freedom back why they no

Where are they?
Franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 14:05   Link #2
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
It's been talked about COUNTLESS TIMES> Go look for the answer before posting on here god dammit; this is not the first time!
Yes, i'm calm =P
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 16:10   Link #3
Esper 28
Akira

Instead of chastising you...I'll explain.

More or less, Duel and Buster were tossed to the side or dismantled for parts. The current mobile suits of the era are superior to the original five Gundams. The only thing the Gundams had over the current ones are their imperviousness to physical damage (bullets, swords, etc.). Other than that, Yzak's uber ZAKU is better than his Duel. And considering Buster was just a big gun and heavy armor, Deakka's ZAKU with big gun is better than his Buster.

So, yeah, that's generally what happened to them. ZAKU POWA! lol
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 17:14   Link #4
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Instead of chastising you...I'll explain.

More or less, Duel and Buster were tossed to the side or dismantled for parts. The current mobile suits of the era are superior to the original five Gundams. The only thing the Gundams had over the current ones are their imperviousness to physical damage (bullets, swords, etc.). Other than that, Yzak's uber ZAKU is better than his Duel. And considering Buster was just a big gun and heavy armor, Deakka's ZAKU with big gun is better than his Buster.

So, yeah, that's generally what happened to them. ZAKU POWA! lol
Isn't Strike Rouge on a similar level to Duel and Buster though? We see Strike Rouge in the opening credits... Although maybe it's on a museum display that Cagalli is looking at for retired mobile suits
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 18:39   Link #5
Shift_

cept for freedom, freedom is still the l33t mobile suit because it has unlimited phasechange + it's nuclear powered...
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 20:33   Link #6
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

GSD ~ Gundam Seed: Zaku Destiny..

as for the buster and duel, fukuda decided there r no more use for them and donated them to a devoted fan.. they're both in my garage atm..
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 20:41   Link #7
kamiya

Fukada decides to give more airtime to new gundams so that he and bandai can earn more from the merchandise.
kamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 02:07   Link #8
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

well in a realistic point of view, kamiya's answer hits the spot, but in the Gundam answer:

1) Buster and Duel were the essentially the prototypes of future Gundams. Now since Freedom and Justice which came after Buster and Duel is obsolete, there is no reason for them to repair and use Buster and Duel when they got better mobile suits.

2) If you think about it, Buster and Duel were pretty busted up. Sure Freedom LOOKED more busted but do we really know anything about the mechanis of mobile suits? Perhaps Buster and DUel were permanently damaged in a critical spot.

All in all we still don't know if Buster and DUel will never come back or not, only time will tell.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 02:21   Link #9
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
well in a realistic point of view, kamiya's answer hits the spot, but in the Gundam answer:

1) Buster and Duel were the essentially the prototypes of future Gundams. Now since Freedom and Justice which came after Buster and Duel is obsolete, there is no reason for them to repair and use Buster and Duel when they got better mobile suits.

2) If you think about it, Buster and Duel were pretty busted up. Sure Freedom LOOKED more busted but do we really know anything about the mechanis of mobile suits? Perhaps Buster and DUel were permanently damaged in a critical spot.

All in all we still don't know if Buster and DUel will never come back or not, only time will tell.
Duel wasn't critically damaged it launched from the Archangel after Yzak helped Buster back to the ship. We see Duel leaving with a spare shield of Strike's, although Yzak never is shown fighting again.

But Duel was the weakest, it was the prototype and the Zaku Phantom Yzak has now is much better. Duel might be on display in a Zaft Museum
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 02:34   Link #10
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

sorry if i wasnt clear but what i meant by critical damage was beyond repairs. I mean duel might have been still functional but not repairable. I'm doing pure guess works here....
Old 2005-01-01, 05:02   Link #11
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
sorry if i wasnt clear but what i meant by critical damage was beyond repairs. I mean duel might have been still functional but not repairable. I'm doing pure guess works here....
Maybe ZAFT gave them back to EA, as sort of a goodwill thing, after they signed the treaty? EA gave ZAFT the Carpenteria base back, so uh I guess ZAFT should do the same, even if it is two outdated, and damaged suits.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 08:14   Link #12
blueskies

er... they are in my backyard .. rusting
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 09:36   Link #13
SlugZilla
woofles

Wink

The truth is, they wanna cash in some new model kits and action figures. Those same kids aren't gonna keep buying duel and buster you know.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 10:32   Link #14
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Isn't Strike Rouge on a similar level to Duel and Buster though? We see Strike Rouge in the opening credits... Although maybe it's on a museum display that Cagalli is looking at for retired mobile suits
So what's your point? We also see Justice in the opening credits and I don't see it coming into play anytime soon.

On top of all that, could you possibly see Cagalli jumping into a mobile suit and fighting again? I sure don't.
Old 2005-01-01, 11:11   Link #15
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
Duel and Buster are probably in the scrapmetal yard XD

what was Yzak's zaku's name again?? Sheila something...that was cool with the naginata-like weapon
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 11:52   Link #16
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Quote:
So what's your point? We also see Justice in the opening credits and I don't see it coming into play anytime soon.

On top of all that, could you possibly see Cagalli jumping into a mobile suit and fighting again? I sure don't.

I very well can see her fighting again, she still has her gundam and it's been upgraded................
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 12:16   Link #17
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:

Actually, jumping into a MS and fight again may currently be Cagalli's best chance of a shortcut to character redemption. If Fukuda want people to like her again, putting her into a MS and kicking some major ass is definitely the fastest (not necessarily the best) way.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 13:44   Link #18
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Cagalli has become the typical helpless teenager instead of the independent/fiesty/defiant fighter she was...what the hell did Athrun do to her??
Old 2005-01-01, 14:01   Link #19
Esper 28
Akira

I don't disagree that should be hopping into her Gundam and going out to kick some ass in order to save herself from...well...sucking. But I, personally, don't see it happening. I think she's gonna go the way of the dodo...but maybe she'll go out decently and will be in her Gundam at the time. Then again, having her die helplessly could effect Kira/Athrun/Shinn to do any sorts of things. But either way, this isn't a thread to discuss Cagalli's fate.

So, yeah, Buster and Duel are scrap, lol.
Old 2005-01-01, 14:17   Link #20
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
Duel and Buster are probably in the scrapmetal yard XD

what was Yzak's zaku's name again?? Sheila something...that was cool with the naginata-like weapon
You mean Slash Zaku Phantom, right? And officially that weapon is a beam axe, although I'm leaning towards beam halberd myself.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote