Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-02-27, 09:33   Link #21
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Wait a min! If he was using the WD as the OS and installed programs drive, how in the hell did the drive auto-parked? Shouldn't there always be a lot of activity?
Also if it was the auto-park feature shouldn't all these problems have started around the time the drive was bought not at least a year later.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 10:29   Link #22
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

You know, I'm wondering that too, now that you mention it...

And regarding activity, if a AV/malware scan is on-going, it doesn't freeze. I had ad-aware scan going for 4 hours yesterday and no problems with freezing.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 14:00   Link #23
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Afaik AtomicoX mentioned changing OSes? And if there is more RAM for instance then the swap file ... uh I mean page file (Windows) ... might not be used as often. When it is on the second drive, it can further reduce the reads/writes to the system drive. I think Vista and Windows7 have a tendency to cache more system stuff inside the pagefile/RAM, which firther reduces the access to the system drive (and under normal conditions would raise the whole performance of the system) - just saying...
Old 2011-02-27, 14:49   Link #24
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

There is not always alot of activity from the os for the disk as alot of stuff would get cached to the ram. As shown if something is constantly accessing the disk then it won't freeze like scans. Think this shows that there isn't anything really wrong with the drive although it seems to happen alot more in your case which could be worrying.

Would still suggest switching your drives over as the F1 is faster and you would want that for your main drive.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote