Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-09-11, 23:00   Link #2921
Kyuu
=^^=

Tony Romo =/= Clutch.

LOLOLOL

Let all the Romo is an elite QB discussion be deemed forever silenced.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 23:37   Link #2922
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Really, they just shot themselves in the foot. How did the Jets score all those points in the 4th quarter? Mistakes after mistakes on the Cowboys part. The only thing that could have made this worse would be like a certain game last year. Romo, stop doing your LeBron James impersonation.

Anyone bought the lottery today? Ravens>Steelers, Redskins>Giants, Bills>Chiefs...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 00:26   Link #2923
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Really, they just shot themselves in the foot. How did the Jets score all those points in the 4th quarter?
Starters to the secondary were being knocked out, leaving rookies in place. That allowed Dirty Sanchez and Jets receivers to connect rather easily.

Though, the punt block for TD... someone at the line didn't do his assignment.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 03:34   Link #2924
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Let all the Romo is an elite QB discussion be deemed forever silenced.
Not familiar w/ bandwagoners are you? :P

Regardless, I felt they should have started Kitna (if they kept him anyhow). Winning 5 of their last 8 games last season is good enough reason imo.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 14:12   Link #2925
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Jon Kitna. . .lolno. Serviceable QB, but he's not going to take your team to the playoffs. 5 out of 8 is easier to pull off when you're eliminated from playoff contention and there's little pressure to succeed.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 23:38   Link #2926
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I almost feel sorry for Romo...I actually was a big fan of his when he first came on the scene...He was like Favre 2.0, but the GOOD Favre, then they kinda made him stop doing that fun stuff, he turned into a pocket passer and he has an identity crisis now plus the pressure that comes with being a Wowboy...

I still remember that first playoff game he loss by fumbling the FG snap against Seattle...If he would have gotten that one extra yard and scored the 2-pt conversion that would have won that game, would his career be totally different? he just relives that similiar moment over and over again...It's mental...

With that said, 15 teams would drop their QB right this instant for Tony Romo, cause that's the NFL...

As for MNF game tonight, I guess what gets on my nerves about Brady's achievements is that the $hit looks so plain...I know, dude is arguably the best QB ever..I've come to terms with it (Hasn't been easy^^), but when I think of amazing QB performances, I never think about Tom Brady...Dude had 500 yards and I can't think of ONE amazing play he made in that game...I guess this is the thing that drives Brady haters mad...

With Brady he just stands in the pocket, makes good throws and guys run for TD's LOL^^...Shotgun in the endzone, makes a good throw, Wes Welker runs 80 yds for the TD...Both Miami CB's had epic cramps and he just systematical dogged them, then bludgeoned the backup CB's with dinks and dunks...

I mean with Cam's game yesterday you could see the spiciness... Brees' 2-minute drill at the end vs. the Pack, you could see the epicness...Aaron Rodgers early against the Saints, again you SEE IT...Vick had 200 yds passing and like 5 of those passes were the greatest $hit ever seen...Brady just stands behind his great effin O-line (and effin superior backup O-linemen) and just makes good throws and guys run for TD's...LOL It's f**king insane how simple it appears...
Old 2011-09-12, 23:41   Link #2927
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I almost feel sorry for Romo...I actually was a big fan of his when he first came on the scene...He was like Favre 2.0, but the GOOD Favre, then they kinda made him stop doing that fun stuff, he turned into a pocket passer and he has an identity crisis now plus the pressure that comes with being a Wowboy...

I still remember that first playoff game he loss by fumbling the FG snap against Seattle...If he would have gotten that one extra yard and scored the 2-pt conversion that would have won that game, would his career be totally different? he just relives that similiar moment over and over again...It's mental...

With that said, 15 teams would drop their QB right this instant for Tony Romo, cause that's the NFL...

As for MNF game tonight, I guess what gets on my nerves about Brady's achievements is that the $hit looks so plain...I know, dude is arguably the best QB ever..I've come to terms with it (Hasn't been easy^^), but when I think of amazing QB performances, I never think about Tom Brady...Dude had 500 yards and I can't think of ONE amazing play he made in that game...I guess this is the thing that drives Brady haters mad...

With Brady he just stands in the pocket, makes good throws and guys run for TD's LOL^^...Shotgun in the endzone, makes a good throw, Wes Welker runs 80 yds for the TD...Both Miami CB's had epic cramps and he just systematical dogged them, then bludgeoned the backup CB's with dinks and dunks...

I mean with Cam's game yesterday you could see the spiciness... Brees' 2-minute drill at the end vs. the Pack, you could see the epicness...Aaron Rodgers early against the Saints, again you SEE IT...Vick had 200 yds passing and like 5 of those passes were the greatest $hit ever seen...Brady just stands behind his great effin O-line (and effin superior backup O-linemen) and just makes good throws and guys run for TD's...LOL It's f**king insane how simple it appears...
I thought the commentators were making a good point about how Brady commands the offense. His greatness comes from intelligence more than sheer athleticism to some extent (still a great athlete too, maybe not on the level of some other QB's though).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 23:53   Link #2928
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Did you see him give up chasing that D-lineman that intercepted him? He was running like a duck in quicksand^^...

He has a very limited amount of athleticism...His arm used to be average, so I imagine he worked out with Tony Horton (p90x) and ZUES on his off day because he has a god-damn cannon now...He couldn't throw half the passes he throws now in his early seasons...Drew Bledsoe might wanna lie on a Quiznoes sandwich toaster after seeing Tom, Brady-his-way into ripping another one of his records though...
Old 2011-09-13, 04:35   Link #2929
Samari
World's Greatest

Great opening week. Best one in years.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 04:52   Link #2930
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Jon Kitna. . .lolno. Serviceable QB, but he's not going to take your team to the playoffs. 5 out of 8 is easier to pull off when you're eliminated from playoff contention and there's little pressure to succeed.
I used to be that pessimistic. Considering the amount of QBs Dallas has gone through over the years before Romo...I find Kitna capable enough, at least he's not a baseball pitcher that was drafted because he could throw -_-
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 08:17   Link #2931
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Did anyone see how much time Brady had in the pocket? Wow...he could take a phone out, order a pizza, and then throw the ball.

Even though I'm not a Pats fan, congrats to him on the record-setting night.
Old 2011-09-13, 08:21   Link #2932
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Great opening week. Best one in years.
It was certainly entertaining. Tons of offense and big plays on both sides of the ball.

On another note, does anyone not consider Cam Newton's debut impressive? I ask because I know a guy on a forum who doesn't think it was all that great, and is using the fact that statistics don't always tell the whole story and that the Panthers lost as his reasoning.
Old 2011-09-13, 10:43   Link #2933
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
It was certainly entertaining. Tons of offense and big plays on both sides of the ball.

On another note, does anyone not consider Cam Newton's debut impressive? I ask because I know a guy on a forum who doesn't think it was all that great, and is using the fact that statistics don't always tell the whole story and that the Panthers lost as his reasoning.
To the first point, lots of upsets as well.

Second point, when was the last time you've seen a rookie do that on his debut, without OTAs, a shortened training camp and very little time to learn the playbook? Good players need time to be great, but the special ones always stand out. Also, when you lose, you lose as a team, and the special team lost the game for the Panthers on that punt return, so it's not Cam's fault anyway. Using the fact that the Panthers lost is also 'using stats'. You can only see the whole thing by watching the whole game, which is why coaches use game tape to train players, not stats.
Old 2011-09-13, 13:05   Link #2934
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:

Newton did what he needed to do and far exceeded what was expected of him. Carolina lost on two failed blitzes that allowed for easy scores and a whiff on special teams.

And also note that all those yards wasn't because Carolina was playing catch-up; we were ahead most of the game.

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-09-13 at 13:21.
Old 2011-09-13, 13:16   Link #2935
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:

I was really impressed by Cam Newton ability and mindset before coming to this game. Wasn't his fault on Panthers loss it was the Offensive line and defense didn't step up as much.

He's starting to be a great QB, Carolina needs to show that intensity once instead of being an doorstep to every NFC team now Packers heading to Charlotte with fire to burn a roasting panther in a spike.

They need to be ready because this game is crucial for Carolina.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 13:39   Link #2936
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I'm not expecting Cam to play well against Green Bay. But that's okay, Cam is still a rookie and there are going to be times where I want to pull my hair out this season, but I just need to see that the potential is there for next season.

Check this, in this one game Cam already has as many total TDs than Jimmy Clausen had all last season.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:08   Link #2937
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I'm bummed Denver lost against Oakland again. Looks like the Raiders are continuing their baffling winning streak in the AFC West. Broncos had no answer for McFadden...he just ran all over the defense. It wasn't the absolute debacle of a game they played last year when they got whipped 59-14, but it was hard seeing them make so many mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I'm not expecting Cam to play well against Green Bay. But that's okay, Cam is still a rookie and there are going to be times where I want to pull my hair out this season, but I just need to see that the potential is there for next season.
Cam was impressive, but I agree numbers like he put up this game certainly not expected to be the norm . He's a rookie and he was playing against the Cardinals. The Packers will definitely put on more pressure, but Cam has the benefit of a veteran receiver like Steve Smith. Smith's past his heyday, but I think he showed that he and Cam have a good chemistry on the field that could benefit the Panthers the entire season.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 15:01   Link #2938
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Cam was impressive, but I agree numbers like he put up this game certainly not expected to be the norm . He's a rookie and he was playing against the Cardinals. The Packers will definitely put on more pressure, but Cam has the benefit of a veteran receiver like Steve Smith. Smith's past his heyday, but I think he showed that he and Cam have a good chemistry on the field that could benefit the Panthers the entire season.
Here's a little quote "Age is nothing but a number" in the end Steve Smith showed himself that he was back when Newton made his completion to him. I do agree about having Steve and Cam good chemistry together in near horizon, the other WR were in tunning as well just like Brandon Layfell and Tight End's who I believe are a serious threat to passing game for Carolina. Olsen,King and Shocked really fought tooth and nail, they'll big help this season.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 15:50   Link #2939
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Brady's 500+ yards was impressive, but I thought it remarkable how none of the commentators mentioned Chad Henne's 400+ yards. The yardage stats for this game were unreal. The Pats had 622 total yards, and the Dolphins totaled 488. I'm guessing the defense heard some naughty words from the Hoodie today. I'd rather the Pats gain 400 yards and hold the opponents to 300 or less.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 19:32   Link #2940
Samari
World's Greatest

Just imagine the hoopla Newton will receive if he does beat the Packers. Definetly looking forward to that game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports