Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-06-13, 22:18   Link #941
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Bad move by Nebraska? Certainly aint what I heard on the message boards and call ins on Omaha talk radio.

Let's just stop talking about 1-AA it's obvious that the BCS doesn't care about em. Hell they don't care about Kansas!
Oh they will soon enough, BCS will fall like hot potato man. It's every team for a National Championship!

2021 CFB National Championship final:

Applachian State Vs Florida A&M
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 20:05   Link #942
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Big 12 is saved.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 19:16   Link #943
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

If anyone here decides to attempt a fantasy league, let me know. I'm already locked into one (three years running) and would like to hook onto a couple more if possible.
Old 2010-08-29, 22:41   Link #944
Samari
World's Greatest

Football is back. Can't wait for the season to start. I'm thinking my 49ers take the NFC West and if they don't it will be a major let down. The stars are aligned and everything seems to be going our way.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 23:26   Link #945
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm not expecting a good year for my team (Eagles). The team I once knew has slowly fallen apart and all my favorite players have departed.The team is still good in my eyes, but in the state it is now and in the tough NFC east division I'm not too optimistic.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 00:38   Link #946
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
If anyone here decides to attempt a fantasy league, let me know. I'm already locked into one (three years running) and would like to hook onto a couple more if possible.

Well, I'm lookin' for 1 more... to get up to a 10-person league. Having 12 will be cool, but 10 is really a minimum.

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=22861
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 00:43   Link #947
LMF

Heh.

Didn't know that we had a (American)football thread on AnimeSuki. Can't wait for the kick-off of the pro and college football season.

Go Dolphins and Hurricanes. [[__]]!
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 00:46   Link #948
LMF

Yo, i have question about fantasy football. Since I'm a novice to fantasy football, I want to know what's the purpose if we make one here on AnimeSuki, and will the person who wins, wins a prize or what?
Old 2010-08-30, 02:29   Link #949
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMF View Post
wins a prize or what?
Bragging rights.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 03:52   Link #950
LMF

Bragging rights, eh? Not bad for a prize...
Old 2010-08-30, 23:27   Link #951
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Oh they will soon enough, BCS will fall like hot potato man. It's every team for a National Championship!

2021 CFB National Championship final:

Applachian State Vs Florida A&M
Man I'm from KY and I grew up watching SEC football. So the national championship is going to be like this

SEC team VS whoever!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 23:46   Link #952
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Lol, I came in with large expectations for UNC football, but it looks likes those were shattered before the season even began.

As for the Carolina Panthers this year, I have very little expectations, but they're the 2nd youngest team in the league and will have a shit load of money to burn next year (assuming there is a return to the cap with no lockout). The defense looks boss already, too.
Old 2010-08-31, 09:09   Link #953
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Man I'm from KY and I grew up watching SEC football. So the national championship is going to be like this

SEC team VS whoever!
Disagree.

It'll be Ohio State v.s. Boise State. I think VaTech will choke again and sleepwalk through the BSU game to another terribly embarrassing loss.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 10:37   Link #954
hinakatbklyn

I would put Boise State in the championship game if they were to go unbeaten. But for the BCS, it's either going to take alot of convincing or for every team to have at least 1 loss before finally giving them a chance.

As for the NFL, I'm still supporting the Giants even though their preseason is not going very well.
Old 2010-08-31, 20:28   Link #955
solomon

Damned elitist BCS cartel.

Did anyone complain when Ohio and Michigan were running the Big 2 and Little 8 in the 70s. And aside from a Mizzou run in the 60s and a Colorado run in the 90s, old the Big 8 was basically just Oklahoma and Nebraska.

Not to mention the old schedules of Penn State which don't elicit much interest these days. If they go unbeaten, Let the damn Broncos play for the championship already!

Oh yea, BYU's goin indy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5517305
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 21:25   Link #956
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm not expecting a good year for my team (Eagles). The team I once knew has slowly fallen apart and all my favorite players have departed.The team is still good in my eyes, but in the state it is now and in the tough NFC east division I'm not too optimistic.
I heard the Eagles offensive line is in shambles and that Kevin Kolb has been running for his life. I still think they shouldn't have traded Donovan McNabb.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-08-31, 22:00   Link #957
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Sup Dilla, Ready to get that a$$ smacked by the World Champs again this year?!^^ J/K...But ya offense looking like an Ethiopian stomach right now lol...Jimmy Clausen or Jimmy GodLawdSon xD! Wouldn't wanna be you...

Saints been lookin' hot in preseason...I know preseason ain't what it's all about but, damn we look good...Seeya in the dome!

Thursday Night we goin' for Favre's other ankle baby..Get ready yall, Saints ain't a one year wonder...
Old 2010-08-31, 22:15   Link #958
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Sup Dilla, Ready to get that a$$ smacked by the World Champs again this year?!^^ J/K...But ya offense looking like an Ethiopian stomach right now lol...Jimmy Clausen or Jimmy GodLawdSon xD! Wouldn't wanna be you...

Saints been lookin' hot in preseason...I know preseason ain't what it's all about but, damn we look good...Seeya in the dome!

Thursday Night we goin' for Favre's other ankle baby..Get ready yall, Saints ain't a one year wonder...
See you at Candlestick Park in week 2. I might actually attend that game.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-08-31, 22:21   Link #959
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I'm worried about the Patriots' secondary now that Leigh Bodden is out... This is one of the youngest starting defenses in the league. I'm also not too pleased with the offensive line between Kazcur out and Mankins contract issues... Hopefully Brady can work his magic again (even if I'm not fond of his new haircut, lol).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 22:27   Link #960
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Disagree.

It'll be Ohio State v.s. Boise State. I think VaTech will choke again and sleepwalk through the BSU game to another terribly embarrassing loss.
HA HA thats funny Boise state for one needs 2 play someone other than cupcakes all year.

I from KY and our schedual is tougher than Bosie states! Boise state doesn't have 2 play a ranked team almost every week!

Even if Ohio state get in the title game they'll be destroyed by Whatever SEC team gets in! Just like they where when they played Florida in 06! U know what the sad thing is that year Ohio state lost 2 Florida in the title game like 41-10. When we(kentucky) played Florida, yeah we still lost but we lost 34-27 if I remember right!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports