AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 01:38   Link #5501
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Say, speaking of videogames...

New fic based on a unused idea from To Aru Super SS.

Super Collider

Feedback would be good.
Old 2013-10-13, 02:44   Link #5502
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Say, speaking of videogames...

New fic based on a unused idea from To Aru Super SS.

Super Collider

Feedback would be good.
Weird, but good. That was what I could tell after a quick skim through it.

I just got a revelation considering how Touma and Othinus would have in-depth interactions.

They would interact like Tatsumi and Esdese from Akame Ga Kiru.

If you know the manga and characters, you could see what I mean regarding how Othinus would feel about Touma.
Old 2013-10-13, 03:38   Link #5503
tsunade666

Yo

I just drop this idea here and if anyone like it then they like it

4th grail war gone wrong. Wrong heroic spirits are summon. And the hero summon doesn't look like they represent their class at all.
Kiritsugu>saber>kamijou
Matou>berserker>accelerator
Tohsaka>archer>dark matter
Archibald>lancer>rail gun
Kotomine>assassin>melt downer
Waver velvet>rider>attack crush
..... who ever your summons of > caster > mental out

For dark fic... a dak touma >_> hmmm I picture touma as fiamma. The villains in index are what if you touma. So imagine a touma that has a twisted view to save the world.

Its the result that justifies the means. He will clean the dark side of the world by become a villain itself.

He will still save someone because that is his core values just like fiamma wants to save the world but his methods are questionable and mostly his probably apathetic on his methods.
Old 2013-10-14, 00:43   Link #5504
omega253

Twist of Fate Chapter 9 is up.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9539513/9/Twist-of-Fate

Kuroko, stop being confused and see the truth in front of your eyes already.

The Threesome option!

That way, she can have both her Onee-sama and Kamijou at the same time without being conflicted!
Old 2013-10-14, 10:40   Link #5505
NeutralZero

^So not only did the yuri lover teleporter but also the shotacon teleporter fell for Kamiyan's charm... so who's next?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 11:13   Link #5506
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just read Chapter 13 of To Ascend and laugh over finding out Touma now has to live at the same apartment where Team ITEM is but finding out all of them are very afraid of him except Mugino who goes deredere over him lol.

OP Touma is the master!
Old 2013-10-14, 12:14   Link #5507
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Twist of Fate Chapter 9 is up.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9539513/9/Twist-of-Fate

Kuroko, stop being confused and see the truth in front of your eyes already.

The Threesome option!

That way, she can have both her Onee-sama and Kamijou at the same time without being conflicted!
I'm actually beta-ing for that fic now (just the last 2 chapters) and I'm pretty sure it will be going for the harem ending. Both from the tag and from reading his other story Planless (a Sekirei fic). I could ask him to be sure, but I'm 99% sure that's what it is.

Quote:
I just read Chapter 13 of To Ascend and laugh over finding out Touma now has to live at the same apartment where Team ITEM is but finding out all of them are very afraid of him except Mugino who goes deredere over him lol.
Eh? How did I miss that one? *reads chapter*

I loled at Accelerator's reaction to Touma just accepting the rematch so easily.
Old 2013-10-14, 12:34   Link #5508
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Right, I'm flying in here to drop suggestions of... yet another crossover ah hahahahahaha.

Of course, it is infinitely better if the one doing the suggestion is actually the one doing all the writing, but then I wouldn't stop by here and start writing straight away then only drop by here to tell what you guys think of what I write.

Here's a suggestion of a crossover: Date A Live.

Reason I suggested this is very simple: Touma and Shidou (the series' protagonist) comes across to me as two characters who can work up interesting dynamics if they meet. That and each of ... the Spirits Shidou has captured (novel canon-wise, up to this point) has a good match-up in Touma's *cough*harem*cough* (for example: Kaori and Tohka. In fact I see Tohka as a Kaori Jr. or something like that ). Done right, it could make for very interesting character interactions between those two universes.

Now here's one thing I cannot get to work: setting up a scenario where the crossover can happen and proceeding from there. Now this is where I take my hands off this suggestion... because I can't think of anything interesting other than "Two guys (Touma and Shidou) walk into a restaurant and they have a little talk about their lives to each other."

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 17:30   Link #5509
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I'm actually beta-ing for that fic now (just the last 2 chapters) and I'm pretty sure it will be going for the harem ending. Both from the tag and from reading his other story Planless (a Sekirei fic). I could ask him to be sure, but I'm 99% sure that's what it is.

Eh? How did I miss that one? *reads chapter*

I loled at Accelerator's reaction to Touma just accepting the rematch so easily.
I can tell you how you missed it.

I posted it up at a very late time after I just finished typing it out...

Also, Accelerator's not the only Level 5 who's doing a 'crazy' phase because of Touma.
Old 2013-10-14, 21:03   Link #5510
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Hello everyone, I need some assistance on things for the upcoming antagonists for the second major arc. of Project Darkness.

First question is very simple; I have a short-hand term I want to use for a certain selection of drones which I'm going to be using. The term itself is A.N.T, but I can't think of any terms that could occupy each letter.

Second thing is more of an opinion than anything else. What do you think of this girl below being the concept image of the Queen of Blades?

Spoiler for Queen of Blades:

Other than that, there's nothing else I really need help with; so opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 21:41   Link #5511
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Hello everyone, I need some assistance on things for the upcoming antagonists for the second major arc. of Project Darkness.

First question is very simple; I have a short-hand term I want to use for a certain selection of drones which I'm going to be using. The term itself is A.N.T, but I can't think of any terms that could occupy each letter.
Automatic Nano Terminator? Automatic Nano Transformer? Automatic Nano Terrifying-robot?

Man that's surprisingly hard.

Quote:
Second thing is more of an opinion than anything else. What do you think of this girl below being the concept image of the Queen of Blades?

Spoiler for Queen of Blades:

Other than that, there's nothing else I really need help with; so opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah she looks pretty cool.
Old 2013-10-14, 21:58   Link #5512
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Automatic Nano Terminator? Automatic Nano Transformer? Automatic Nano Terrifying-robot?

Man that's surprisingly hard.
I know right?

The basic concept behind them is that they look like metal spheres of various sizes; some being the size of a tennis-ball, others being about the size of a basket-ball. The concept is obvious from the get-go, there are some that fold out into machine-gun turrets, some can be surveillance cameras, some can discharge a toxin, flammable, or even anesthetic gas into a enclosed space; ect.

Basically, they have a wide range of uses and is controlled by an optical terminal; basically working off the same kind of technology that was used for the Dragon Rider suit Hamazura used in NT1.

So, with all that being said, do you think this guy could qualify as a Badass Normal?

Quote:
Yeah she looks pretty cool.
Thanks Ilidsor!

I had my eyes on using that image as a base model since the moment I started thinking about the Queen of Blades. It just seems to have the look of someone from Skill-Out.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-14, 22:40   Link #5513
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Armed/Autonomous Neuro-link/Node/Network Terminals

any combination thereof XD
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 22:51   Link #5514
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Demino; you are awesome!

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-14, 23:02   Link #5515
demino_hellsin
That one guy

still barely any progress on fic work on my end. What is the normal reaction when you realize that people around you are dying and you have information to prevent it beforehand?
Old 2013-10-14, 23:10   Link #5516
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
still barely any progress on fic work on my end. What is the normal reaction when you realize that people around you are dying and you have information to prevent it beforehand?
Here, I think this one works well enough.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-14, 23:12   Link #5517
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well crap. no hotlinking XD

trying to figure the best path whether Saten responds to the prophecies because she knows how bad the prophecies of death are... OR! she's so traumatized by them that she can't find the courage to act.
Old 2013-10-14, 23:18   Link #5518
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I'd say....a mixture between both.

Basically, she instictively responds to them and moves; but when she's almost there it really sinks in once she see's the same exact environment she envisioned before hand. It all depends I suppose; but I couldn't be sure myself.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-14, 23:50   Link #5519
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

I suppose...

A dream-like state. Where you can't tell what's real anymore. Not because you've gone crazy. But because your mind is rejecting reality.

It takes time for things to sink in. So I guess the normal reaction would go along 'fight or flight'. Every other 'emotional experience' won't come until after the dust settles.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, in that situation, I wouldn't be surprised if Saten took out her phone and started recording video. Not out of disrespect, but because of 'fight or flight' reaction.

Last edited by rubix22; 2013-10-15 at 00:05.
rubix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 02:47   Link #5520
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How about this?

------------------------------------------------------

Saten waved her friends goodbye. It was afterschool and she had found herself unwilling to do some karaoke nor visit Uiharu at the judgement office. She's been less and less of those lately, the things she normally does that is.

She looks down at her phone. A folder in her inbox is blnking.

Laplace

There were three new mails in there. She's been getting them daily ever since that day. Her thumb hovered over the confirmation button, her face a mask of uncertainty as to what to do. After all, what would you do if you knew somewhere at some point in time, somebody was going to die and you know exactly how. They could be a stranger, they could be someone you know. It didn't distinguish between anyone. It seemed almost at random, the information would be arbitrarily given. Like a random call for help.

What could Saten do but heed that call?

At the start, Saten didn't pay it much mind. She had survived her ordeal, she was confident others could survive theirs. Laplace was probably real, but it was not accurate. That was what she believed and that was what she thought all that time. Until the day of her discharge from the hospital.

Laplace mail had warned her that an old man would be run over that day. She paid it no mind like usual. Getting run over was easily overcome, more so than her own trial of being raped and murdered. She was at the crosswalk then. Many people were walking, but one person in the scramble caught her eye. An old man hobbled along, alone and seemingly swept by the tide of people. Saten could not move to assist him in this dense number of moving bodies. Then someone screamed.

Metal crashed and panic rippled through the masses. Saten checked to see the source was an out of control truck careening down the street. People were getting out of the way as unfortunate cars that failed to do so were crushed underneath its girth. Saten motioned to make a break for it herself, but the forecast of death from Laplace held her in place.

Where was the old man?

She looked around in a panic. An old man was to be run over in the scramble crossing of the 7th district. It was to happen that morning right around the same time she was discharged. The moment of death foretold. It was this moment!

Saten found the old man pushed down on the ground. Her body moved, pushing against people who ran opposite her way. She tried to fight, she tried to push. But even as she did, she the terrified look on the old man's face. She watched his eyes flicker like he was watching his life flash before his eyes. Then she saw a number that she had not noticed resting over his head.

Deathclock. That was the name of that number's identity. Saten read about it in the supplementary tutorial documents provided along with the welcoming letter of Laplace. The numbers over a person's head represented the number of days left to live. And any number over 3 would not be shown.

0 days to live. The moment of death was now!

SPLAT!

Blood flew everywhere. The truck crushed the old man and scattered blood and viscera everywhere like a squeezed grape. Everything was red. The metallic smell of blood nauseously reminded her of the hospital. The smell of blood mixed in with antiseptic. Brief flashes of the night of her own ordeal flashed before her eyes before she emptied her stomach's contents and promptly passed out.

Ever since that day, Saten believed strongly in Laplace prophecy. Everyday, she would obtain the information necessary to save someone. Everyday, she obtained the means to save someone. And yet, everyday she arrived only in time to watch them die. In the end, everytime Saten set out to save someone, she could only watch the oppurtunity slip away with their life.

The last failure was three days ago. She watched a man be devoured by demons. His desecrated corpse left with gaping hollows as his innards had been scooped out as a snack. She screamed, screamed and unleashed her own demons to decimate those that wandered her home.

After that, she stopped. She couldn't open the mails anymore. Her heart wouldn't let her. She would break the next time she failed to save the next victim.

But today's mail was different. It was named specifically to her with the word: "URGENT!"

Saten hesitated. She didn't want to watch someone die again. But it was named for her. It was something specifically for her. This information would be relevant to her and only her.

She bit her lip.

Click

Her thumb pressed down heavily on the plastic numpad. The screen opened up to a custom font mail.

Welcome to Laplace

October 14

Today's event is a large scale riot at 7th mist after school. The event starts 4:30 PM. Espers of all levels will clash with anti-skill and Judgement in a jumbled conflict. Casualties will number 147, one of which is Judgement officer Shirai Kuroko after she is shot 3 times by an anti-skill rifle. Thank you and have a nice da-

TACK!

Saten flipped her phone shut. Her feet already running before she could even process the contents of her mail. She did not truly understand the system of demons or Laplace. She did not know the mechanics well enough to change fate successfully like she did to her own. She didn't have the strength nor the qualifications of a hero that allowed them to succeed where others fail. But her heart's conviction screamed one thing.

"I won't let my friends die."

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction