AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-10-26, 12:47   Link #1881
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Actually I said I think it was a good idea from 7Arcs to make it a SS instead of an Anime, but take it as you want.
In other words, you admit that the StrikerS cast is popular enough to warrant their own production?

Good, now that we have that pinned, why do you think its a bad idea for a new season to be focused on one or more of the new characters introduced? They certainly have no problem making merchandise for them, after all, and they provided the perfect set-up for a new season aimed at them.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 12:54   Link #1882
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
In other words, you admit that the StrikerS cast is popular enough to warrant their own production?
Er... no, my dear Kero-chan, I wasn't referring to that, it was more in the lines of this post =S

About the other question, I already said why I think it's not the most profitable idea, taking advantage of Fate and Nanoha's popularity would be smarter.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 13:04   Link #1883
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
About the other question, I already said why I think it's not the most profitable idea, taking advantage of Fate and Nanoha's popularity would be smarter.

And not take advantage of the popularity of every other character. Oh yeah that'd be real smart. Even if Fate and Nanoha are the most popular characters their fanbases alone are not 7arc's target market. They want everyone's money. All the Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Vita, Signum, Shamal, Subaru, Tea, Caro, Vivio, etc etc... fans' money.(Except for apparently any fans of the male characters)
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 13:09   Link #1884
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
And not take advantage of the popularity of every other character. Oh yeah that'd be real smart. Even if Fate and Nanoha are the most popular characters their fanbases alone are not 7arc's target market.
I think you should give the characters an amount of importance in the storyline and/or screen time proportional to their respective popularity. Statistically that would be the best way to make a sequel if you want to please the audience.

Old 2008-10-26, 14:01   Link #1885
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Er... no, my dear Kero-chan, I wasn't referring to that, it was more in the lines of this post =S
Of course, you do realize that the production of a two hour long Sound Stage with extended booklets is hardly something that can be considered cheap, right?

Quote:
Not really, as long as its in the same setting, there will be tons of fans of the Nanoha series who will be anxious to watch the new series. To grab an example, a Vivio centered season that digs deeper into Belka, let's assume for a moment it won't have Nanoha and Fate featuring for any important length, do you really think everyone would stop watching just because there is hardly any Nanoha and Fate in it? Hardly. Sure, there will be some people who won't watch it, but many more will just keep watching and grow to like whatever characters the new season introduces. The season might even attract new fans, just as how StrikerS caused a massive explosion in the Nanoha fanbase.
Old 2008-10-26, 14:10   Link #1886
BPHaru

Quote:
Of course, you do realize that the production of a two hour long Sound Stage with extended booklets is hardly something that can be considered cheap, right?
I said it was in comparison with the anime, Kero-chan, I think it's something despicable at its side.

Quote:
Not really, as long as its in the same setting, there will be tons of fans of the Nanoha series who will be anxious to watch the new series. To grab an example, a Vivio centered season that digs deeper into Belka, let's assume for a moment it won't have Nanoha and Fate featuring for any important length, do you really think everyone would stop watching just because there is hardly any Nanoha and Fate in it? Hardly. Sure, there will be some people who won't watch it, but many more will just keep watching and grow to like whatever characters the new season introduces.
Yeah, you can do that, but it's not the best choice.

Quote:
The season might even attract new fans, just as how StrikerS caused a massive explosion in the Nanoha fanbase.
Numbers?
I think you're exaggerating here, remember to consider the length of this season too. And that a lot of people watched this show didn't mean that they liked it, some of them probably won't touch this franchise again, many of them stopped watching it half way, you just need to go to 4chan and ask if you should watch StrikerS... and then LOL at their response.

Cuídense y sigan sonreindo
Old 2008-10-26, 14:13   Link #1887
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
I said it was in comparison with the anime, Kero-chan, I think it's something despicable at its side.

Numbers?
I think you're exaggerating here, remember to consider the length of this season too. And that a lot of people watched this show didn't mean that they liked it, some of them probably won't touch this franchise again, many of them stopped watching it half way, you just need to go to 4chan and ask if you should watch StrikerS... and then LOL at their response.

Cuídense y sigan sonreindo
Alright back at you. Proof that it didn't sell well it Japan?
Old 2008-10-26, 14:14   Link #1888
BPHaru

Quote:
Americans don't matter do you have any facts if the Japanese hated it?
Just go to 2chan then xD

Cuídate y sigue sorniendo
Old 2008-10-26, 14:17   Link #1889
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Just go to 2chan then xD

Cuídate y sigue sorniendo
I changed the post right before you posted.

Also remember what people say on the internet and what they actually do are completely different. 4 and 2chan are hardly proof of bad sales.
Old 2008-10-26, 14:17   Link #1890
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Explain how.

Quote:
*Cue epic spittake*

4chan? You're using 4chan's collective opinion as proof that StrikerS wasn't any good? Oh dear me Haru, you really are grasping at straws here, aren't you? Compare 4chan's opinions of StrikerS to 4chan's opinions of Naruto and Bleach. I think you'll find that 4chan's hate =/= lack of popularity.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 14:22   Link #1891
BPHaru

Quote:
I changed the post right before you posted.
I read about that at 4chan, go there and ask for yourself if you want, if you're lucky enough you will get someone who knows about it and a serious response, so cross your fingers ^^

Comartemis, I said that for commercial purposes is better to prioritize popularity, and about 4chan, you're right, but you can get some serious discussion there sometimes, and you can take those opinions in count.

Old 2008-10-26, 14:27   Link #1892
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
I read about that at 4chan, go there and ask for yourself if you want, if you're lucky enough you will get someone who knows about it and a serious response, so cross your fingers ^^
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about oO and like hell I'll go to that place.
Quote:
Comartemis, I said that for commercial purposes is better to prioritize popularity, and about 4chan, you're right, but you can get some serious discussion there sometimes, and you can take those opinions in count.

And how many opinions would that be? 4chan is hardly everyone and like Comartemis said 4chan's approval does not equal popularity. Thus 4chan cannot be used to say StrikerS did not sell well. However this does prove it did:
Dvd
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ary-27-march-4
Rank 1
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-30-february-5
Rank 10
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-january-23-29
Rank 3
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-26-january-1
Rank 1
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...november-14-27
Rank 3

It cannot be argued that StrikerS did not sell well.
Old 2008-10-26, 14:29   Link #1893
Miles Teg

Quote:
Alright back at you. Proof that it didn't sell well it Japan?
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS 22,665 (9) (Seven Arcs)
2007/07/25 23,688 Vol. 1 (Three episodes up to Vol. 8)
2007/08/22 23,511 Vol. 2
2007/09/26 22,937 Vol. 3
2007/10/24 22,234 Vol. 4
2007/11/21 21,622 Vol. 5
2007/12/26 22,248 Vol. 6
2008/01/23 21,799 Vol. 7
2008/02/27 21,726 Vol. 8
2008/03/26 23,062 Vol. 9 (Two episodes)

With those kind of figure Strikers is one of the best seller of 2007.

Strikers has an average better than Gurren Lagann (20,053), and nearly the same as Clannad (23,924).

A good serie has an average of 3000 to 5000 DVD per volume.

For comparison :

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha *4,312 (5) (Seven Arcs/Geneon USA)
2005/01/26 *4,856 Vol. 1 (Three episodes up to Vol. 3)
2005/02/23 *5,701 Vol. 2
2005/03/24 *3,458 Vol. 3
2005/04/27 *3,432 Vol. 4 (Two episodes up to Vol.5)
2005/05/25 *4,113 Vol. 5

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's 11,251 (6) (Seven Arcs/Geneon USA)
2006/01/25 11,657 Vol. 1 (Three episodes)
2006/02/22 11,539 Vol. 2 (Two episodes up to Vol. 6)
2006/03/24 11,472 Vol. 3
2006/04/26 10,730 Vol. 4
2006/05/24 10,856 Vol. 5
2006/06/21 11,251 Vol. 6
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 14:34   Link #1894
BPHaru

Zaffy chan, the sales of the DVDs of the StrikerS series are well know by anyone who frequents ANN ^^U The TV series BURNS eyes, it was almost as bad as MUSASHI GUNDOH xD so it's normal that the people who likes this series wanted to watch the real thing. It's not usual to redraw the whole series when you launch the DVDs, but it may be a good commercial strategy if they keep doing it, so please let's hope that the good animation studios don't copy this tactic.

Old 2008-10-26, 14:38   Link #1895
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Zaffy chan, the sales of the DVDs of the StrikerS series are well know by anyone who frequents ANN ^^U The TV series BURNS eyes, it was almost as bad as MUSASHI GUNDOH xD so it's normal that the people who likes this series wanted to watch the real thing. It's not usual to redraw the whole series when you launch the DVDs, but it may be a good commercial strategy if they keep doing it, so please let's hope that the good animation studios don't copy this tactic.

I have no response. None. I cannot think of how to respond to you anymore. You, who have just been arguing that this series did not sell well and was hated now decide to take a completely different stance. Didn't you ask for proof that StrikerS sold well? Weren't you using 4chan to "prove" StrikerS was unpopular? Well now you have proof. StrikerS was more popular and sold better then both Nanoha and A's combined
and by the way It's TSS not Zaffy.
Old 2008-10-26, 14:43   Link #1896
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Ah, no, no its not. Script writers, cover artists, booklet artist, VA's, and that's even before you get into the actual production phase.

Sound Stages are not something you simply 'do as a side' you create them only if you expect them to sell well.

Quote:
It is, actually. There is a multitude of reasons why Nanoha keeps introducing more characters, as more characters add more variety and prevent the scene from becoming dull. There is also merchandise to consider, more characters means a wider scale of merchandise.

Quote:
Numbers?
Even after I have been telling you StrikerS sold far better then the first seasons combined you still ask for numbers? Oh well, it looks like TSS has that part covered. StrikerS sells double the amount of A's, and four times the amount of the first season.

StrikerS doubled the fanbase that A's had.

Quote:
Of all your excuses, this has got the be the weakest ever. Do you really think people will fork over money just so they can watch something they don't care about in better quality? Hell, to many of us we didn't even notice how bad the quality was until we started analyzing screens and compare to DVD's.

StrikerS sold double the amount of DVD's A's did, which means that since StrikerS, the fanbase of Nanoha doubled in size.

People like the new characters, they like Teana, and Subaru, and Ginga, and Erio, and Caro. They like them, they don't hate them, do you really think fans would complain if they got to see more of them?
Old 2008-10-26, 14:43   Link #1897
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:

And what, exactly, is your point? It doesn't matter that the TV had crap animation and the DVDs were better; people bought the DVDs, that's the only thing that matters in this argument. To be honest, bad animation should only hurt DVD sales on account of bad first impressions turning people off to the series. The fact that StrikerS sold so well is irrefutable proof that it is more popular than the first two seasons.

*EDIT*
...hey guys, a quick question; would it be possible to just excommunicate Haru from the boards? The mods won't ban him for being sickeningly bullheaded and impossible to debate with, but if we completely ignore everything he says and never respond to his posts maybe he'll learn to take other people's opinions more seriously, or at least leave and not come back.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-10-26, 15:10   Link #1898
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
It is, actually. There is a multitude of reasons why Nanoha keeps introducing more characters, as more characters add more variety and prevent the scene from becoming dull. There is also merchandise to consider, more characters means a wider scale of merchandise.
Yes, I think this is so... but up to a limit... after all the more characters a show introduces, the less time there is to develop any individual character... I think that the A's cast + Vivio and maybe a few Numbers (did they really need 12), would be ok?

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 15:13   Link #1899
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

You don't necessarily need to include all the characters from a previous season in a new one focusing only on a few characters. Each of the ideas Keroko listed on page 94 could use a small selection of characters relevant to the plotline and introduce a few new ones as the plot demands, while not needing to include every character who ever appeared in StrikerS or A's.

In this way you can properly develop a selection of the StrikerS cast and leave the rest for future seasons or Sound Stages. This format could even turn StrikerS's Loads and Loads of Characters into a long-term advantage; there's an awful lot of stuff you could do just with Ginga and the Numbers, much less Vivio, the Forwards, Carim, Schach, and the Saint Church, and so on and so forth.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-10-26, 15:14   Link #1900
BPHaru

I think I never said StrikerS didn't sold well, I know it sold at least as well as A's (there is something open ambiguous here, I don't know if it sold about the double amount of DVDs as A's in total, or the double amount per DVD, I have heard both versions, but it doesn't matters anyway), so is I did, I'm sorry, I didn't make it on purpose, it was a mistake, I was just pointing my opinions about the last appeal of the Anime series on the fans, as well as other popularity factors.

@Keroko: It's not like as if there were merchandising of all the new characters of the series, just look at the models ^^U

@Comartemis: if you don't want to read my posts, please go here, click in "User Lists", and then in "Add to Ignore List". Useful function is useful.