AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-03-10, 13:09   Link #261
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Nobody asked for an asspull now did they? I believe was what said that's it's tiresome to see him so pathetic all the time and he gets beat no matter who the opponent is. If you're fine with a mediocre protag in this series than more power to you...
If you think he's a mediocre protag because it happens all the titans he faced recently were far more powerful than him, then your statement is worth a scrap of paper.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 13:20   Link #262
Johnny
Working the bags...

Did I just say only titans that he's faced recently and only titans at that? The ones he has faced and beaten were just fodder that any schmoe titan in his position could've beat. You think he's the greatest thing than more power to you...

Plus I don't think I asked nor cared what you thought my post is worth. You can keep those immature hater comments to yourself...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 13:29   Link #263
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Keep things civil please.
Old 2013-03-10, 13:49   Link #264
marvelB

Pardon me for chiming in, but is IS kinda true that Eren's recent opponents were far from being your average titan. I mean, let's not also forget that they have way more fighting experience than him, now.....

Putting that aside, I'm sure that even uber-titans like Reiner and Bertholdt have their own weaknesses. It's only a matter of exploiting said weaknesses, though (personally, I'm kinda imagining like Shadow of the Colossus where the huge, powerful monster has the small glowing weak spot on some obscure area of their bodies ).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 14:20   Link #265
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Putting that aside, I'm sure that even uber-titans like Reiner and Bertholdt have their own weaknesses. It's only a matter of exploiting said weaknesses, though (personally, I'm kinda imagining like Shadow of the Colossus where the huge, powerful monster has the small glowing weak spot on some obscure area of their bodies ).
Bertholdt is one thing, but where can you find a hole is this thick armour of Reiner? ... a hole ... a hole ... a hole? ... oh wait!
Old 2013-03-10, 14:26   Link #266
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Bertholdt is one thing, but where can you find a hole is this thick armour of Reiner? ... a hole ... a hole ... a hole? ... oh wait!
Those lines back then better not have been foreshadowing!
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 15:20   Link #267
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

If his weakness is his asshole I will LOL.
Old 2013-03-10, 19:39   Link #268
Kuze

Quote:
Did I just say only titans that he's faced recently and only titans at that? The ones he has faced and beaten were just fodder that any schmoe titan in his position could've beat.
Quote:
I believe was what said that's it's tiresome to see him so pathetic all the time and he gets beat no matter who the opponent is.
Eren already has beaten many titans and is not in the position of where he is beaten no matter who the opponent is.

And no, Eren is not mediocre by any means of the word. There is nothing that brute force will solve with any of the intelligent titans minus maybe the Ape, and that would put Titan Mikasa in a bad spot. To beat these guys, they have to outthink them.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 20:41   Link #269
CJ_Walker

I'm pretty sure that eren is supposed to lose now, and they are going to take him back to the titans base or whatever, this is so that the Author can FINALLY let us in on what the hell is going on, without it being an asspull, because really if I were eren, I wouldn't have fought them, I would have been like ok let's go, or ok but let me take mikasa with me. At that point, I would want to know the truth. . . But the Author can't really do that (for reasons mentioned in this chapter) so the Author has to make these guys super strong to further the plot.

I'm pretty sure that "the church" actually controls/gives orders to the titans. I really do hope that the Author has some awesome reasons and backstory to all this. . .the way he's been stalling over the past year usually isnt a good sign though.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 13:16   Link #270
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Courtesy of a friend who linked me this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 13:25   Link #271
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well if there is a way for Eren to defeat the armored titan is by pinning him. We have seen that in the human form Eren can beat Ryner in hand to hand combat, the only difference is that now Eren cannot harm him in any way but it should still be possible to throw him down to the ground as he did during training, unless the armored titan is also far more stronger than Eren in titan form, which is entirely possible given how these special titans keep showing unexpected abilities.

There's also the fact that Eren isn't quite in control of his titan form which puts him at a disadvantage, so maybe he can still lose against Ryner even if his hand-to-hand skill is superior.

I want to comment the start of the chapter because really one of the things I though after the previous chapter is way Mikasa attacked both of them without killing any. It would've been better to make sure to kill one rather than wound them giving them already the requirement to transform, or you know, she could have not attacked them and asked explanation first. That was the worst possible move she could have done.

I guess the first part of this chapter is meant to explain that the reason she didn't kill them is because surprisingly she is a bit like Eren and couldn't bring herself to kill those who she thought as her comrades for so long. But still, Mikasa, then you shouldn't have attacked them! She's been very impulsive and not rational at all.

On another note I wonder what Berthold is waiting for to grow a pair of legs and run away. Giving his height I think he can move pretty fast even if he is "slow" in proportion.

Quote:
I'm kinda imagining like Shadow of the Colossus where the huge, powerful monster has the small glowing weak spot on some obscure area of their bodies
The Colossi in that wonderful game are not just slow, they are also incredibly stupid (almost brainless). They never think, for example, to swat you when you are on their body, and we have seen that with Titans like Annie you can't really bank on that.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 13:31   Link #272
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

Images

lol, that'll be amazing if that turns out to be true. Guess all Eren has to do to beat Reiner is to kancho the living hell out of him, then.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 13:54   Link #273
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:

Images
Holy shit, this manga is terrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well if there is a way for Eren to defeat the armored titan is by pinning him. We have seen that in the human form Eren can beat Ryner in hand to hand combat, the only difference is that now Eren cannot harm him in any way but it should still be possible to throw him down to the ground as he did during training, unless the armored titan is also far more stronger than Eren in titan form, which is entirely possible given how these special titans keep showing unexpected abilities.
Didn't he also say last chapter that Reiner kind of held back those times? Not that it lessen the possibilities of Eren beating him that way though.
Old 2013-03-11, 14:29   Link #274
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:

Images
Wow, I guess Reiner experienced that 2nd weakness himself?
The way Annie looks up to him, that might really be a weakness and not just Reiner trying to ease the tension.
Old 2013-03-11, 15:42   Link #275
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That's simply amazing how a joke suddenly found a pretty convincing fact to support it...

But then again, supposing that's the only non armored part of Reiner in his Titan's form, in order to make use of it to cause relevant damage, Eren should carve a path from there up to the nape! Can you even picture that?

By the way are we even sure that Titans do possess assholes? We know that they don't have genitalia, for example, and there's the fact that they regurgitate the humans they eat once they have eaten too much. This would hint that there's not a "back door exit" for what enters from their mouths.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 06:24   Link #276
BoyTitan

I have a few speculations so far.

The most solid ones there is not just one faction of titans, The ape guy seems to cold and collected and is drawn to look more menacing than the other titans this was not done by mistake,He does not know about the humans weapons to kill titans,He can speak in titan form. He was just toying with the humans with no goal in mind.

I think his goal is complete control of the titans what ever group he comes from is much stronger than the other titans we have seen and what he does is turn humans into titans. Its much to obvious that he turned the villagers into titans now its just a question of how he controls them. Does he control the titans because he is stronger or with some mind control type stuff like the guyver.

The titans we see now are merely getting mankind prepared for a counter attack against the ape like titans many series have used attacking humans to make them stronger for a bigger threat, Gantz, Needless etc.

Eren has the most potential to be the strongest titan or has a key feature that makes him a key piece in this fight.

I honestly would like it better if Eren was a key to this plot with out the ability to transform the power to heal would have been good enough. Transforming just gives humans to much hope and takes away from the despair of this series. Imagine if all threw out gantz they had the super weapons at the beginning of the series it killed the anyone could die feeling.

What side is Eren father on He went missing right during the attack I always figured he was the big titan but he is not since it was just revealed who he was. Heck what if neither faction of titans can be trusted who the hell can be.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-03-28 at 06:37.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 12:55   Link #277
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I have a few speculations so far.

The most solid ones there is not just one faction of titans, The ape guy seems to cold and collected and is drawn to look more menacing than the other titans this was not done by mistake,He does not know about the humans weapons to kill titans,He can speak in titan form. He was just toying with the humans with no goal in mind.
No disagreements.
Quote:
Does he control the titans because he is stronger or with some mind control type stuff like the guyver.
No way is he physically stronger than Colossus, armor or any special fighting type. It's some sort of mind control OR similar to Annie whistle blow to call them to her.
Quote:
The titans we see now are merely getting mankind prepared for a counter attack against the ape like titans many series have used attacking humans to make them stronger for a bigger threat, Gantz, Needless etc.
Nice speculation, I did not even see that theory clearly at all.
Quote:
Eren has the most potential to be the strongest titan or has a key feature that makes him a key piece in this fight.
I wonder if the goal of the secret society who thought making their own giants to attack their own homes, so this would rile up the citizens to pump more funds to the military. I know the church knows, but who else?
Quote:
I honestly would like it better if Eren was a key to this plot with out the ability to transform the power to heal would have been good enough. Transforming just gives humans to much hope and takes away from the despair of this series. Imagine if all threw out gantz they had the super weapons at the beginning of the series it killed the anyone could die feeling.
I agree to a point, I would like Eren giant form being introduce later, somewhere in mid or late of the series (if this ever goes 200+).
Quote:
What side is Eren father on He went missing right during the attack I always figured he was the big titan but he is not since it was just revealed who he was. Heck what if neither faction of titans can be trusted who the hell can be.
Well, going by this theory, where the church sent homemade giants to attack at the beginning of the series. The goal was to rile up the citizen and fund the government for more military might to protect themselves from real threats. I'm iffy about this part, which faction Eren dad is in. During the attack sent by the church, if Eren dad knows about it, he would evulcate his family or he might of misheard? Eren dad possible spy from a far? Stole super giant formula and inject it into Eren for the hell of it. Eren dad working with the real threat (aka ape)? Naw, I bet Eren dad knows about the weapons the humans use, but actually... if anyone can do a fact check, did the weapons came to being for how long (old or new)?
Old 2013-03-28, 16:06   Link #278
BoyTitan

The whole reason I said the ape one is stronger is because the author specifically made him look strong. Him easily killing a supposed number 2 guy was designed to demonstrate his power,Number 2 guy kills a bunch of deviant class titans easily instantly gets killed by ape titan. The girl titan got stomped by the number one guy when they fought and had to resort to a temporary retreat. Not only did she have a huge strength advantage she was also a combat genius smarter than eren, and probably smarter than the armor titan when it comes to fight iq so that says a lot about the apes combat ability's. Also him turning humans into titans.

The armor ability is probally something all higher level combat type titans can do, The giant titan seems to have more weaknesses than strengths, The giant never said he was always a warrior like the armor titan did.

The ape so far is shown to have the most mobility and intelligence,Jumping over the 50 meeter wall effortlessly, Talking in his giant form.

Also whole reason his dad didn't retreat is because he was experimenting on Eren we still do not know if those experiments resulted in erens powers or something more.
Old 2013-03-29, 03:32   Link #279
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
The whole reason I said the ape one is stronger is because the author specifically made him look strong. Him easily killing a supposed number 2 guy was designed to demonstrate his power,Number 2 guy kills a bunch of deviant class titans easily instantly gets killed by ape titan. The girl titan got stomped by the number one guy when they fought and had to resort to a temporary retreat. Not only did she have a huge strength advantage she was also a combat genius smarter than eren, and probably smarter than the armor titan when it comes to fight iq so that says a lot about the apes combat ability's. Also him turning humans into titans.
The result doesn't matter, it's the way you did it that counts. Me killing the strongest muay boran fighter in the world with food poisoning doesn't mean in anyway that I'm stronger than him. In the current case the guy got caught off guard and had a horse successfully thrown at him as a result ... that just means that ape's got stronger arms, good aim and rather quick witted, that doesn't say anything about its actual combat ability. He doesn't even come close to the Armored Titan, at least for now.
Also, your second reasoning is rather shady. If we have 4 people : ABCD.
A is stronger than B. B lost to C in a battle and D lost to A. How can you say from just that that C is stronger than D?
Old 2013-03-29, 04:01   Link #280
BoyTitan

Oh ya good point completely forgot the ape won by a complete blind side.