setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 05:06   Link #2862
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
I found the link in jcafe24. Here is it:

http://book.sfacg.com/Novel/16159/59233/411595/
Yea that's the link. Lol sorry for replying late.

To the end of time...i will stay by you...Ti...gr..e
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 06:46   Link #2863
setsuna86

Honestly, I did not finish TLC this translation again, and actually I don't have much time until 25th Septembre, so I choose to post it as it. cramped agreed to work on it after he finished his stuffs, so maybe next week.
Well, for the first half, I think there's no problem. But the latter half need work; so I pointed what need to be TLC. For those, who can do it, please do it. Do not let all the work to cramped.
Here is the link:

So, until the 25th. ciaooo!!!!
Old 2013-09-11, 08:08   Link #2864
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Honestly, I did not finish TLC this translation again, and actually I don't have much time until 25th Septembre, so I choose to post it as it. cramped agreed to work on it after he finished his stuffs, so maybe next week.
Well, for the first half, I think there's no problem. But the latter half need work; so I pointed what need to be TLC. For those, who can do it, please do it. Do not let all the work to cramped.
Here is the link:

As awesome as it sounds, it is even more awesome when looked at. Thank you Very much Setsuna-Sensei. As always, apologies for my rudeness >.<

To the end of time...i will stay by you...Ti...gr..e
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 08:18   Link #2865
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Umm, I already finished TLCing the first part some hours ago, and now I don't feel like doing anything , will continue later when I have the will.
Old 2013-09-12, 01:37   Link #2866
noobarta

Quote:
Here is the link:

Sweet holy mother of peanut butter o_O

alright, I....am content. Tyvm ^_^ _(._.)_ itadakimasu
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 04:05   Link #2867
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Here is the link:

Whoa, thanks for the chapter setsuna. Is that file is already the full chapter 1, or is it still incomplete?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 07:03   Link #2868
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the translation setsuna !
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 08:16   Link #2869
whitecloud

thanks alot....
Old 2013-09-12, 22:32   Link #2870
xandrelex

Good job !
xandrelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 15:53   Link #2871
Rasen

The latest chapter is interesting, but the thing that stood out most to me is that Tigre needs to learn how to use a longbow.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 15:57   Link #2872
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
The latest chapter is interesting, but the thing that stood out most to me is that Tigre needs to learn how to use a longbow.
^ this. FUND IT.

No srs though, it would be awesome if Tigre's bow had Derf's ability to changes forms... then RIDICULOUS distance sniping would happen
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 16:12   Link #2873
GetInDaZone222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
I felt this way for a while. I havent read what was posted of vol. 7, but I feel that this has been his problem for a while. He considers himself an equal to a Vanadis, but the major difference is that Vanadis know how to use their power. Tigre sees his bow the same way as a Vanadis sees their dragonic tool(thanks to Ellen's advice), but theres a huge gap between what he can do with his weapon and what they can do. He needs to learn how to master that bow instead of acting like he understands it so it could be more useful in the times he does use it. I guess you could say he hasn't had his bow that long, but he hasn't even attempted to try to practice using its power or learn what it is truly capable of.
GetInDaZone222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 16:23   Link #2874
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetInDaZone222 View Post
I felt this way for a while. I havent read what was posted of vol. 7, but I feel that this has been his problem for a while. He considers himself an equal to a Vanadis, but the major difference is that Vanadis know how to use their power. Tigre sees his bow the same way as a Vanadis sees their dragonic tool(thanks to Ellen's advice), but theres a huge gap between what he can do with his weapon and what they can do. He needs to learn how to master that bow instead of acting like he understands it so it could be more useful in the times he does use it. I guess you could say he hasn't had his bow that long, but he hasn't even attempted to try to practice using its power or learn what it is truly capable of.
I get your point, but let me clarify some things:
- first Tigre doesn't considers himself an equal to a Vanadis (one will understand this point when reading the LN).

- Even if he masters his black bow, it's not something he can use when he wants like the Dragonic Tools of the Vanadis, since whenever he uses the black bow's power, he uses his life force (a little like Raizel in Noblesse).

- The difference between his bow and the Dragonic Tools is that his bow is more powerful than any Dragonic Tool and it's one sure hit kill (if precisely at the target).
Old 2013-09-13, 17:18   Link #2875
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
- The difference between his bow and the Dragonic Tools is that his bow is more powerful than any Dragonic Tool and it's one sure hit kill (if precisely at the target).
Is this (directly or indirectly) stated in the novel or is this your opinion, because from my view a dragonic skill is a one sure hit kill as well, if precisely at the target. But you're right in that the scale of the bow's power is greater.

Quote:
By the huge gap do you mean how a dragonic tool's power is rather versatile in its use, like Ellen's passive wind shield, her Shadow Wind skill or how Mira can change the size of her spear? If so, the bow works differently than a dragonic tool since it requires a 'sacrifice' of some sort, like his life force or absorbing a dragonic tool's element. While its arrows gain properties according to the 'sacrifice', so far this is more dependent on who's close to Tigre than him actively changing arrow properties on his own and will likely remain that way.
Old 2013-09-13, 17:55   Link #2876
whsie

Quote:
That difference exists because dragonic weapons are fundamentally different weapons (both in power and composition).

From what has been shown, the black bow is far greater in power, but a lot more stressful on the user. For most enemies in the series, one shot by the black bow is enough to severely injure the best opponents or kill the enemy whereas dragonic tools were barely able to make a scratch or just merely injure the enemy respectively.

Also, it's also noticeable that a bow is a long range weapon whereas all the other dragonic tools are melee weapons. It's not surprising that they use their weapons differently.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 17:56   Link #2877
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Is this (directly or indirectly) stated in the novel or is this your opinion, because from my view a dragonic skill is a one sure hit kill as well, if precisely at the target. But you're right in that the scale of the bow's power is greater.
I believe it's implied in a few instances throughout the story, but never stated outright.

First there's the range of the attack. If memory serves, most of the Veda used by the Vanadis (at least the ones we've seen so far) have a limited area of effect, an issue Ellen brought up in Volume 2, whereas Tigre's shot can go at least far enough to blow away any clouds that happen to be overhead.

The second case would be the fight against Roland. He wasn't having much of an issue pushing back both Ellen and Sophie at once until Tigre's arrow stopped him cold. Though to be fair, for this instance Tigre's shot did have to absorb power from both Ellen and Sophie to be able to do it.

The third indication comes from the comparative treatment of the bow to the Vanadis by those who are in the know. Monsters at least have more respect for it, and I think up to this point the bow has been the only thing to do serious damage to one.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 18:13   Link #2878
GetInDaZone222

Maybe I should of been more clear in my previous statement, although I thought I got the basic point across I should have figured that people would look for something to argue about lol. When I said he considers himself equal to a Vanadis, I was obviously talking about in terms of using their specified weapon, not in direct battle. He uses his bow's power only when he has to, which isnt bad, but the point is he isnt exactly sure of what his bow can do. Vanadis are very adept at using tools in a versatile way(offense,defense and even just for everyday uses like blocking out the cold etc.) & they communicate their wills with their weapons. Tigre fears his weapon and although his fear might be for a good reason, he doesnt know that reason yet & he has no desire to figure it out. He should at least try to communicate with his bow even if just to get more information about the weapon & its past. Tir Fa na seemed pretty talkative last time they communicated, so I dont see why he fears approaching her for knowledge and maybe later for more power.
GetInDaZone222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 18:30   Link #2879
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Maybe I should of been more clear in my previous statement, although I thought I got the basic point across I should have figured that people would look for something to argue about lol. When I said he considers himself equal to a Vanadis, I was obviously talking about in terms of using their specified weapon, not in direct battle. He uses his bow's power only when he has to, which isnt bad, but the point is he isnt exactly sure of what his bow can do. Vanadis are very adept at using tools in a versatile way(offense,defense and even just for everyday uses like blocking out the cold etc.) & they communicate their wills with their weapons. Tigre fears his weapon and although his fear might be for a good reason, he doesnt know that reason yet & he has no desire to figure it out. He should at least try to communicate with his bow even if just to get more information about the weapon & its past. Tir Fa na seemed pretty talkative last time they communicated, so I dont see why he fears approaching her for knowledge and maybe later for more power.
The fact of the matter is; Tigre's environment is entirely unsuited for practicing his bow. During the war he would be too busy, in the small time between the aftermath and the war he was in a country that loathes the bow and was filled with people who would be interested in knowing his secrets. When he was in Zchted, he was on foreign grounds and so he could not just waltz around destroying the countryside willy-nilly. and unlike the Vanadis, the expectations placed on him and his bow are also vastly difference in terms of responsibility, leeway, power and support base, combined with Tigre's relatively passive personality, Tir na Fa's inclination to only talk on her own terms, and how busy he was with work, he wouldn't have been able to practice with the bow even if he wanted to. And on your point about fearing his weapon, he has every right to; you're comparing a set of established cultural weapons with long histories and plenty of public references, national trust, that are also deeply-ingrained as symbols of protection, grouped with support from 6 other wielders who may or may not support/guide each other but will take a portion of the burden regardless vs. a very well hidden secret of a bow, combined with ancient, withheld knowledge, lack of surviving predecessors, no national support, in a country largely suspicious of such weapons (enough to be ingrained within their psyche), not to mention that the bow is largely uncontrollable, fires massive shots, consumes life-force each time, and the first time that Tigre had prolonged contact with the sentience within the weapon, it tried to killed his childhood friend...

Yeah.... if it were me, I'd lock in a vault, switch to a longbow and use that to solve my problems until such a time that I've consolidated my lands and power base (esp. political) enough to be able to safely practice with the bow without fear of international crises every month.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 18:31   Link #2880
whsie

Quote:
My impression is that there is a greater degree of certainty with the dragonic weapons. Those weapons are passed generation to generation so the current users could ask the previous user for guidance or ask friendly peers for advice. Tigre's bow? No info.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)