AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-03, 19:17   Link #641
Pen3

The only way they can save this show is if Ruru becomes human and they fall in love... happy ending.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 01:07   Link #642
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 9:
Well, it was a weird episode and it seems that Ayumi Kitajima continue to act despite revealing herself as a Phantom.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 03:25   Link #643
chaos_animagic

With how there can actually be a "human" phantom...

I wonder if someone could actually "imagine" it hard enough to make more "human" phantoms... since Phantoms are pretty much just people's imaginations turn into reality.

Actually sounds like some sort of "endless" labor forces that works for free... lol
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 03:42   Link #644
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I wonder if someone could actually "imagine" it hard enough to make more "human" phantoms... since Phantoms are pretty much just people's imaginations turn into reality.
Mickey Mouse knows that it's a BAD idea, especially if the human Phantoms begin imagining human Phantoms and on and on we go...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 04:22   Link #645
R.LocK
My turn

I guess Hayamin's having a blast.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 01:28   Link #646
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Why do you people even still watch KyoAni shows after Haruhi?

You should know what to expect when they've been doing the same thing for at least a decade...
Haruhi really wasn't that great. The novels, and the philosophical implications in them, were great. The anime was nicely animated, but much of the humor was otaku-oriented, Haruhi herself does a lot of really cringe-worthy stuff, and most of the series was, well, filler. So I'm not sure that Haruhi should be held up as the pinnacle of Kyoto Animation's achievement; especially as it wasn't really redeemed until the movie came out.

If we go by TV series alone, the studio's best series was probably Hyouka. It had superlative artwork and animation, excellent characters, and a cohesive plot. Sound! Euphonium was quite good. Certainly good enough that following it with The World's Worst Ghostbusters has a hard time being anything but a profound letdown. I, myself, despise this show; but I suspect there are fans of this show that would find Kyoto Animation's other pointless comedy-for-comedy's-sake show this decade Amagi Brilliant Park, or their experimental, but otherwise pointlesss, comedy-for-comedy's-sake show Nichijou to not be their ball of wax.

And, besides, the correct question to ask would be "Why do you people even still watch KyoAni shows after K-ON!"
Old 2016-03-05, 02:10   Link #647
Pen3

I even enjoyed Tari Tari and True Tears more than Haruhi. There was only a few good episodes from the series, the concert and fight against Ryouko was the only parts i cared remember.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 05:47   Link #648
Tenzen12

I am last person to say Haruhi is best think after invention of wheel, but characters not named Mikuru had (surpringly) some depth and it's out of order episodes was neat. In other hand Hyouka had only good idea and animation.

Amagi was fun.
Old 2016-03-05, 18:13   Link #649
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am last person to say Haruhi is best think after invention of wheel, but characters not named Mikuru had (surpringly) some depth and it's out of order episodes was neat. In other hand Hyouka had only good idea and animation.
Hyouka also had good characters though. Like I don't mind this particular anime (it's the only comedy anime I find funny) but do we really need to put down other anime to make this out to be Kyoani's usual fair?

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 18:27   Link #650
Tenzen12

Oh so you like Hyouka, huh. That's absolutely alright, but you overestimate it a bit, though. My answer also had no relation to Musaigen itself.
Old 2016-03-05, 18:49   Link #651
Nozomu Itoshiki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Hyouka also had good characters though. Like I don't mind this particular anime (it's the only comedy anime I find funny) but do we really need to put down other anime to make this out to be Kyoani's usual fair?
Comedy? ehh? this isn't even a comedy, it looks like one after all what Kyoani did at this point.

As I said before Hyouka was the last "decent" show made by kyoani and if anyone wants to know why Musaigen is going down each episode we need to compare it with other shows made by the same studio, in the end the result is musaigen probably is the worst show ever made by Kyoani just because finding funny something with nice animation and lots of fanservice doesn't mean its good.

I hope the next project can show what Kyoani is capable to do without destroying the source (even if they own the source or not) and finally showing a bit of the talent we see on Haruhi or hyouka, maybe K-on.
Nozomu Itoshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 22:41   Link #652
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozomu Itoshiki View Post
Comedy? ehh? this isn't even a comedy, it looks like one after all what Kyoani did at this point.

As I said before Hyouka was the last "decent" show made by kyoani and if anyone wants to know why Musaigen is going down each episode we need to compare it with other shows made by the same studio, in the end the result is musaigen probably is the worst show ever made by Kyoani just because finding funny something with nice animation and lots of fanservice doesn't mean its good.

I hope the next project can show what Kyoani is capable to do without destroying the source (even if they own the source or not) and finally showing a bit of the talent we see on Haruhi or hyouka, maybe K-on.
At this point things goes down to "personal taste" cuz chunybiou also was a kioany big hit, also had amagi which also was good.

the problem which i see is which now everything must have a "big plot" must be important and a company as kyouto is not allowed to make a "simple show" because peoples are aways waiting the "awesome uber plot" complex and can't accept a simple funny show, if shows without plot and just for fanservice or fun where so bad you could not have a lot of simple shows very popular.

Aways the problem goes on "what peoples are expectating vs what the production want to give.
Old 2016-03-05, 22:45   Link #653
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Thing is, the original LN had a story, and they're capable of sticking to the plot like in Haruhi and Hyouka. Instead, they do something like Chuu2 or Kyoukai no Kanata, which although decent at best in hindsight isn't the reason why people are watching those anime in the first place.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-03-05, 22:54   Link #654
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Thing is, the original LN had a story, and they're capable of sticking to the plot like in Haruhi and Hyouka. Instead, they do something like Chuu2 or Kyoukai no Kanata, which although decent at best in hindsight isn't the reason why people are watching those anime in the first place.
and the problem lie on that the fact which peoples forget which they are the owners of that novels and they have all the rights to choose follow or not it, like i told previous is the same peoples come and complain which the marvel or dc movies don't follow the HQ and forget which are the person behind it.

If was a random studio doing crazy things i could understand but when is the "source" in this case the owners of the source then at best is much more simple just drop it if they are not following the novel than complain cuz this is not the first time and not gonna be the last they will do what they want, hyouka also not was full faithfull as i remember, because this is kyoani style of make animes they normally choose one of they novels and see what it have to do what they want which can "follow or not the novel".

Well that is my two cents toward it, this show really is not the master piece but at last what was his purpose he is trying to delivery which is a "fun" serie with no compromise and being just for the "lulz" if you can't stand for this sort of show then really is more like a personnal problem.
Old 2016-03-06, 00:21   Link #655
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
and the problem lie on that the fact which peoples forget which they are the owners of that novels and they have all the rights to choose follow or not it, like i told previous is the same peoples come and complain which the marvel or dc movies don't follow the HQ and forget which are the person behind it.
No, I'm pretty sure they (read: everyone watching the anime) know that this show is based on an LN published under the KA Esuma Bunko label. That's not supposed to be the problem. The problem is why do they have to make this show with such a disconnect to the LNs?

Allow me to clarify, though. I find the show enjoyable as with Haruchika to the point that I'm able to keep up with the weekly broadcast. But that doesn't dismiss my opinion about this anime as a complete butchering of the original LNs. Also, I won't be surprised if this show gets chump change for sales compared to Amagi (which at least has a famous author behind it) and Hyouka.

I still don't know why they are still sticking to their own works as a source for their productions. It's terribly restricting their options.

Old 2016-03-06, 00:53   Link #656
kaneluan06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post

If was a random studio doing crazy things i could understand but when is the "source" in this case the owners of the source then at best is much more simple just drop it if they are not following the novel than complain cuz this is not the first time and not gonna be the last they will do what they want, hyouka also not was full faithfull as i remember, because this is kyoani style of make animes they normally choose one of they novels and see what it have to do what they want which can "follow or not the novel".

Well that is my two cents toward it, this show really is not the master piece but at last what was his purpose he is trying to delivery which is a "fun" serie with no compromise and being just for the "lulz" if you can't stand for this sort of show then really is more like a personnal problem.
I had read the novels and hyouka was extremely faithful to the source, the only difference that I can remember is the time period
kaneluan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 10:43   Link #657
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Since this is not a studio discussion thread, let's return to discussing the anime before things get too far afield.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 11:08   Link #658
Nozomu Itoshiki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Since this is not a studio discussion thread, let's return to discussing the anime before things get too far afield.
The discussion is being polite and respectful, nobody is attacking anyone and since Musaigen is a Kyoani show is appropiate to talk about the studio and compare it with other shows, also this discussion is still anime related.
Old 2016-03-06, 18:37   Link #659
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozomu Itoshiki View Post
The discussion is being polite and respectful, nobody is attacking anyone and since Musaigen is a Kyoani show is appropiate to talk about the studio and compare it with other shows, also this discussion is still anime related.
This thread is about phantom world. If you want to talk about kyoani as a studio, make another thread. Also it's not wise to argue with a mod.
Old 2016-03-09, 10:15   Link #660
Nozomu Itoshiki
Banned

Yeah Ruru episode + another anime original random girl, just another mediocre episode.

Good points, those cute hairstyles, Reina looks so damn nice with that style and the same goes for Mai. It's just me or this time we got QUALITY?

Tags
harem, special powers