AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-10-01, 19:33   Link #21
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What I think of this Wagnaria crew? SADISTIC.
Most of the cast have that kind of tendency.

It will need a lot more time to warm up to this cast of characters.
But really, Daisuke really needs to get out of his family. They are a bunch of assholes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 20:33   Link #22
chaos_animagic

Yea, interestingly, this was the "original" while the season 1 was the "copy" LOL

But either way, they're both full of fun.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 21:24   Link #23
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it like the same thing like the original but it seem like that guy have no luck at all

Wow that girl got cash
Old 2016-10-01, 21:48   Link #24
grecefar

That katanashi cameo, it would have been awesome if they exchange words of good luck in the future, both of them going to hell. Pretty cool cast in this wagnaria looking foward to this.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 22:33   Link #25
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
What I think of this Wagnaria crew? SADISTIC.
Most of the cast have that kind of tendency.

It will need a lot more time to warm up to this cast of characters.
But really, Daisuke really needs to get out of his family. They are a bunch of assholes.
Something i noticed there are ironic reversal gender situation compared the previous working.
The male in www are the victim targets of bullies now.
Excluding the manager and Yachiyo, back then in working it were the female workers who were suffer the bullies
Takanashi enslave Inami and Popura
Souma is scheming big bro in the curtain
Sato chop almost every casts head
the old man is respected by every casts

now in www.working majority the male workers are herbivore who suffers from their girls colleagues antique

Last edited by Diluc; 2016-10-01 at 23:04.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 22:59   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 23:15   Link #27
SeaDoor

hmmm. I don't know. The first episode felt like it was trying too hard instead of letting things develop. Every character seemed presented as a type rather than a character. Almost like they are trying to follow a recipe and they don't quite understand the ingredients. Will hold on for another episode or two to see if this series finds it footing.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 23:31   Link #28
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 01

Interestingly for someone for whom Working did not work very well I was surprised by this episode ... I was not expecting anything out of the series but found myself sorta enjoying the cast's introductions and the rest.

Well, that is all good and nice, but whether or no humor can effectively extend for a season (or more) is another question. Even if the original Working series did not really click with me they WERE able to keep the story and content going effectively for many people, which deserves credit on that front at least.

Will try next ep in any event.
Old 2016-10-02, 03:07   Link #29
Sides

It was alright, but it feels like an animated 4koma, so i'm not expecting any story development, just jokes.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 11:33   Link #30
James Rye

From what I remember this was the first version of Working and it was a 4koma webcomic, was't it? I liked what I see, quite different from the characters to the "old new version" but it is still enjoyable. Also looks like it will be more straight-forward in the romance department albeit I bet that poor blone guy wishes the rich girl he rejected as a kid would finally leave him alone. "You can keep the change", lol, so evil. XD
Old 2016-10-02, 11:49   Link #31
HandofFate

yea, this one was a webcomic, Working!!! was a regular serialized one in a magazine.
Both are still 4koma, but maybe its just the way the materials are, or the director, but I think Working!!!'s director arranged it a lot more smoothly.

There's been a lot of 4koma animes where I was surprised to find out it was because of how well the scenes were arranged to flow into eachother.

For this one, its obvious its 4koma, not saying its a bad thing, just an observation.
Old 2016-10-02, 11:53   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I have no idea how the MC turned out like that. I mean both nature and nurture seemed to doom him. His parents are a pair of idiots and he was raised by them. Have seen the lost cause that is his sister. She's basically as bad as the other two. Somehow he managed to come out of that household with a sense of normalcy. He needs to focus on moving out as soon as possible and cutting all contacts.

The episode was ok. Not quite as enjoyable as the first episodes of Working were. It could pick up though.
Old 2016-10-02, 12:12   Link #33
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I have no idea how the MC turned out like that. I mean both nature and nurture seemed to doom him. His parents are a pair of idiots and he was raised by them. Have seen the lost cause that is his sister. She's basically as bad as the other two. Somehow he managed to come out of that household with a sense of normalcy. He needs to focus on moving out as soon as possible and cutting all contacts.

The episode was ok. Not quite as enjoyable as the first episodes of Working were. It could pick up though.
Based on terrible both is parent and and even his little sister, make me "doubt" if him is really "blood-related" to then, c'mon, how he can be "so normal" when everyone else in the house is a "idiot", where come his "normal Genes???".

I'm really believe which his family goes to eat "for free" in his work and that "i forget my money" was just a excuse, they went stright to take advantage of him.

About the "rich girl, i'm start to believe which that thing about his father debts, where the girls plans, since he rejected her, she asked her "rich father" to make a way to make the guy father be in debt with the family as a way to make him "marry her" but it backfired in the moment he get the job in the waganaria this is why she goes to work here too to find a way to sabotage his work to make him accept her, she is really a dangerous stalker.

Man i'm start to worry about the whole waganaria company, about how 2 places are full of weird peoples, this means which one of the requeriments to work on that franchise is be a "weird", the more weird the better will be your job .
Old 2016-10-02, 12:46   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I feel like the odd one out there. This episode felt just as fun as a classic episode of Working! for me, with a cast just as quirky as the one from the first series. My only complaint is that the MC is too normal compared to Takanashi, and he doesn't work all that well as a straight man (his reactions are too dull).

We'll see how it goes, but for me, this is a good start.
Old 2016-10-02, 18:47   Link #35
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
This episode felt just as fun as a classic episode of Working! for me, with a cast just as quirky as the one from the first series.
The three seasons of Working! didn't have this much schadenfreude. It's more focused on tsukkomi-boke situations, compared to the web version that's trying to make humor out of asshole family members and debt-induced slavery.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 22:11   Link #36
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Seeing what you're all saying, I guess I'm lucky that I never watched WORKING! or its sequels so I was able to enjoy this without being disappointed. Yeah it could have done a better job of introducing everyone but for what we got I thought this did quite a good job. Will definitely continue watching.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 00:31   Link #37
Alhazred

The initial chapters of the Working webcomic were pretty much a bunch of stand-alone "Let's meet the main cast and see all of their hilarious quirks!" strips, each one laser-focused on one or two characters. This might be part of the reason why the episode may come off as stilted, compressed or otherwise 'trying too hard' to sell the characters. If you're listening closely you'll notice they compress almost a full month of the MC working at Wagnaria into that ep. The manga version of Working seemed a bit more slow-paced and organic in the way Takanashi got to know everyone, at least through the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia...
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 13:51   Link #38
Tenzen12

I think these opinions are bit unfair. Let's be honest first episode of Working was accepted kinda positive, but it lukewarm at most, even despite all star seyuu team.

Honestly I don't know if these characters grow me as much as original cast, but I didn't know I will love original cast either when I started watch it.S o I am willing give it chance at least.
Old 2016-10-04, 04:24   Link #39
Ulin

This was classical working for me I remember that in the day I didn't enjoyed the first episode so much, so... The characters seem fine so I'm ready for more shananigans ^^

By the way, was it Takanashi who appeared in the begining?
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-04, 07:27   Link #40
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 1:
Nice to see Working!! again but with a new cast of characters. Still, it's funny to see Daisuke Higashida seeing St. Valentine after eating Hana Miyakoshi's chocolate!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen