AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-28, 15:47   Link #1
Happy_Chip

Need a recommendation whether or not to finish watching Steins Gate...

Hi everyone,

first I'm hoping I can keep this spoiler friendly, and I'd like any responses I get to be spoiler-friendly...

I need advice whether or not to finish watching Steins Gate. I started watching this and was really excited at first with the story and characters - they started out being really entertaining to me.

I've watched over a dozen episodes (the last episode I watched was the one where
Spoiler:

Now, I'm getting bored(!) with this series because
Spoiler:

And while this goes on,
Spoiler:
, and that's it.

I had hopes that there would be excitement like
Spoiler:

So I ask those who have finished the series: will there be some kind of excitement, of the kind that I'd like to see? Or will it be more of the same kind of thing that I've seen so far? Because if
Spoiler:

Thank you.
Old 2011-09-28, 16:39   Link #2
kitten320

Spoiler for spoiler:

To sum it up, if you are bored with it already, I don't really see you enjoying the rest. But that's my opinion.

I myself found it quiet interesting starting from episode 12, till then it was a bit meh.
Old 2011-09-28, 22:06   Link #3
Happy_Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

To sum it up, if you are bored with it already, I don't really see you enjoying the rest. But that's my opinion.

I myself found it quiet interesting starting from episode 12, till then it was a bit meh.
Thanks for the advice. And yes there was an episode already focusing on the character you mention, and that got them out of the lab for a while.

I admit that
Spoiler:

I was watching SG back in August and I got stalled like I said, and I started watching Penguin Drum instead (still going strong on that one).

Maybe I might restart watching SG at a later date, after I had a break from it for a while.
Old 2011-09-29, 07:28   Link #4
kitten320

That would be a good thing to do, take a break and then come back to it later. Just make sure you don't forget everything by then
Old 2011-09-29, 15:23   Link #5
Fate-chan
*Nanoha's close person*

Currently watching this (I'm now on episode 11). It's not boring for me at all, but I guess, it depends on the person. I love the characters; they sure are an interesting bunch. Besides that, I'm very interested in time traveling stuff. I don't normally watch sci-fi anime series though, but I got hooked with this one, so I'll keep watching it. ^-^
Old 2011-09-29, 16:42   Link #6
Happy_Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate-chan View Post
Currently watching this (I'm now on episode 11). It's not boring for me at all, but I guess, it depends on the person. I love the characters; they sure are an interesting bunch. Besides that, I'm very interested in time traveling stuff. I don't normally watch sci-fi anime series though, but I got hooked with this one, so I'll keep watching it. ^-^
I was really intrigued by this series at first, and my excitement increased as it proceeded. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that the overall plot and setting headed into a story arc that left me unenthusiastic. I had to ask, is *this* all the series is going to be about?

And the whole sub-plot about
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-04, 11:56   Link #7
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

If you stop watching the show now, you will be missing out on the best episodes in the series, in my opinion.

The last few episodes, after 19 (and especially 22 and 23) are really great because they are very emotionally intense and you can see the build-up of all the previous episodes pay off.

They are also more action-oriented episodes towards the end, although probably not as much as you would like.

So, my recommendation is if you have gone that far to watch the show until the end, since if you wait for a while, it will definitely lessen the emotional impact for you.
Old 2011-10-04, 12:17   Link #8
kitten320

I have to say that 3 episodes in comparison to 19 are nothing... if he/she did not enjoy it after like 15 episodes, I don't see how his/her opinion should change...

I really think that a break would be better suited...

Tags
steins gate