Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-12-12, 01:25   Link #4581
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
This is Bleach we're talking about here, simplicity is appropriate, especially considering there are power levels of a sort.
So why even bother arguing then?

Quote:
Put on mask, go bankai, burn wrestler, attack wrestler while he's busy burning, hit him with new illusion if Wrestler shows signs of recovery, attack again. Even if Rose tells Wrestler his Bankai, he's giving him little time to throw together a counter. Aizen, again, for all of his arrogance, understood that if you hit an enemy with an illusion, you follow through. You don't just leave the enemy pondering the meaning of life.
I repeat, did you notice the conductors baton Rose had in his hands? If he were to attack Mask mid bankai (which is still a bad idea, considering Kensei who's better than him at straight fighting got beat up and couldn't penetrate Mask's Blut Vene), then he would have to stop conducting, i.e. the effects would stop. Not really conducive to victory.

Quote:
Fair enough, I'd still question the effectiveness of the Bankai alone, though. If after being engulfed in flame all that Wrestler is showing are some bare elbows and a six pack, then that isn't enough. Even if Rose hadn't told Wrestler about his Bankai, you expect Wrestler to just stand there and let Rose do as he pleases? He was going to attack eventually. Even with Rose being less capable in direct fight, his mask would have still helped if Wrestler made the attempt. Better to be better prepared than to hope the battle moves favorably.
I repat: Rose's mask lasts 3 minutes. He cannot keep it on indefinitely. If he has to use it, he needs to save it for when he's absolutely sure it would do him some good.

Quote:
Anyways, summarization: Rose, after seeing Kensei get beaten, should not have used the same level of power. He needed to step it up. If what you say is truly correct, that Rose cannot make use of his mask while in Bankai, then that sucks and his mask is useless. In which case, it would explain why he doesn't use it; he got screwed. Poor guy.
Now you're getting it. Not everyone in Bleach is like Ichigo, Toushirou or Byakuya, whose Bankai can be used in pretty much any circumstance, or whose power fits their fighting style or personal preferences.

Some people are like Soifon, and get abilities that don't always work for them.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 11:44   Link #4582
unameit

Why nobody argues about the lame bankai? kensei bankai is useless if he can't land a hit and to make it worse, the last chapter show it's still useless even if he can land it..

rose bankai seemed can be countered easily but how many would willing to go deaf permanently? However his bankai is still lame because it's illusion that focusing to 'trick' the victim.. so if the victim is not tricked somehow then what good of that bankai?

As for bullshit theory not allowed to use hollow power, well yamamoto is dead, soul society is on the brink of extinction, ya think it's the time to worry about such stupid rule in such pinch time? Hitsugaya, soifon, doggy all used hollow power, no indication of taboo there..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 12:34   Link #4583
itachi-san314

i'm not saying superstar isn't deaf permanently, but we just saw him basically die and then get fully healed by his counterpart's cheers. so why can't his eardrums be healed too? they're just another body part.

but yea, it makes no sense that's he's already talking to renji. i'm also not saying any of this makes sense lol

oddly enough i kind of liked this chapter. i'm not sure why people like kensei and rose so much. they have always been sub-par good guys created for the sole purpose of getting beaten first so the top level good guys can look better. although the same could be said about renji of course. i think he'll beat superstar, but let's not forget that superstar is a sub-par shitritter created to make the top level shitritters look better. once renji wins, one of the better shitritters will appear and put him in his place
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 13:23   Link #4584
Enishi316

This is so stupid....
Rojuro "Bankai"
Mask De "Oh No! how will I defeat him now?
Rojuro Don't worry, I'm going to tell you ever detail of my Bankai and even how to beat it.
Mask De " Oh thank you! it's no way in the world that could go wrong.

Even more better!

Renji Hello I'm Renji and somehow I will win this fight, were these 2 Captains couldn't.
Enishi316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 13:25   Link #4585
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enishi316 View Post
Renji Hello I'm Renji and somehow I will win this fight, were these 2 Captains couldn't.
He'll win by not talking.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 13:30   Link #4586
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'm not saying superstar isn't deaf permanently, but we just saw him basically die and then get fully healed by his counterpart's cheers. so why can't his eardrums be healed too? they're just another body part.
Little guy is no longer around, though, unless he's somehow back from the dead. Still, there's probably some ancient Quincy ability that uses reishi to construct new eardrums...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
oddly enough i kind of liked this chapter. i'm not sure why people like kensei and rose so much. they have always been sub-par good guys created for the sole purpose of getting beaten first so the top level good guys can look better. although the same could be said about renji of course. i think he'll beat superstar, but let's not forget that superstar is a sub-par shitritter created to make the top level shitritters look better. once renji wins, one of the better shitritters will appear and put him in his place
It'll be the creepo that trollkilled Byakuya, who will of course be the one to show up and bail Renji out.
Old 2013-12-12, 14:12   Link #4587
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He'll win by not talking.
He basically already won half of the battle. I mean the enemy is wounded and tired and Renji probably knows how his techniques work

If Renji doesn't win then he'll be the new Krillin
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 14:39   Link #4588
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
beating superstar wouldn't put him above krillin. superstar is a horrible character who wasn't designed to be around very long. similar to barragan's embarrassing fraccion (although i do love that hisagi findor episode)
Old 2013-12-12, 15:04   Link #4589
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
semi bifurcation not enough?
Apparently not.

Keep Rose dead, Kubo. Actually with the exception of Soi, Shinji and Iba(all who had their VCs with them anyway), keep Hitsu, Matsu, Kensei and anyone else down dead.
Old 2013-12-12, 16:13   Link #4590
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
He basically already won half of the battle. I mean the enemy is wounded and tired and Renji probably knows how his techniques work

Renji is already the old Krillin, at least in Bleach. But even Krillin wins a battle now and again. As suggested earlier, Renji (or Rukia) will wipe out Mask fairly quickly (probably next chapter), only to get nailed by someone more dangerous.

Like I said, my money is on the guy who whacked Byakuya (before he got better), leading, of course, to Byakuya saving Renji's ass.

It's probably not the case, but it would be right up Byakuya's alley if he'd refused to use Urahara's "tasteless" method of taking back his Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, and instead taught himself how to defeat it, and Äs Nödt, while with the Zero Squad...
Old 2013-12-12, 20:04   Link #4591
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

"Beam of a hero" .... and not a single arrow was fired
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 12:04   Link #4592
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
"Who are you?"

(as if he could hear the answer)

Only kubo can fuck up his plot on the same page.
To be fair, we didn't see Superstar's reaction to Renji's answer but...Kubo will probably screw it up :3
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 12:50   Link #4593
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
"Beam of a hero" .... and not a single arrow was fired
He is a wrestler. Of course he not going to fire an arrow instead a beam would do. It's not like he is a quincy or anything like that is known for shooting stuff if their bow and arrows.

Rose's Bankai looked pretty cool and his face in one shot looked like he was going to kill someone. Which sure he did but it could have been better. I do hope Kubo isn't just showing off bankai's just for the sake of it.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 12:53   Link #4594
GDB

To be fair... Uryuu used a sword that was basically the same as an arrow. Using that logic, why not a forehead laser?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 19:54   Link #4595
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

we all can't get something as awesome as Love Love Tenkyoken ;D
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 20:51   Link #4596
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair... Uryuu used a sword that was basically the same as an arrow. Using that logic, why not a forehead laser?
It was actually an arrow
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 01:25   Link #4597
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
He is a wrestler. Of course he not going to fire an arrow instead a beam would do
Archery has about as much to do with wresting as firing laser beams from your forehead.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 02:45   Link #4598
unameit

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Like I said, my money is on the guy who whacked Byakuya (before he got better), leading, of course, to Byakuya saving Renji's ass.
ya already lost your money...

that creepo was already dead by the burn of yamamoto zanpakutou.. he might still be alive but it would be crap when he's already totally beaten... he didn't even use zenbonzakura in that ambush.. poor plot hole..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 12:54   Link #4599
itachi-san314

at least a laser beam is a narrow projectile. i can accept that as a type of arrow since quincies use reishi made arrows anyway. at the very least it's a hell of a lot better than turning into a giant ape
Old 2013-12-14, 16:47   Link #4600
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
ya already lost your money...

that creepo was already dead by the burn of yamamoto zanpakutou.. he might still be alive but it would be crap when he's already totally beaten... he didn't even use zenbonzakura in that ambush.. poor plot hole..
Try again.

None of those guys were killed (the fire that Bazz-B uses—he was there, too, remember—is supposedly more powerful than Yama-jii,'s) and we've seen Äs Nödt since then, when they showed reaction shots when the Bankai were stolen back. Chapter 554, after Hitsugaya collapses.

Tags
bleach, chapter