AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-12-18, 03:06   Link #3121
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
We are getting three different stories. I imagine they aren't all available at the same time.
It seems they are, the three different routes you switch between them at will, and they show the plot from different points of views.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-18, 03:31   Link #3122
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Falcom has no any collaboration project with Sunrise right?
Because that "Hermit" really remind me of Zero.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-18, 04:13   Link #3123
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Well, by this point Crossbell Kai should be posted in the Crossbell threads, and Hajimari should get its own thread.

Anyway, pretty hyped. From the Rean pic we're finally getting a character that was teased many times but didn't make it in Sen 4. We're also finally getting other characters in 3D, and most likely playable considering the 50+ characters announced.

Now I just need to get my own PS4 by then. (finished school and went back home, so can't use my friend's PS4 like I did for Sen 3 and 4)

As for Crossbell Kai, it seems it's just like Sky Kai on PS3 + voices. So yeah, don't think I'll take them. Still nice because it means it'll probably get an official TL.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-18, 05:40   Link #3124
Sacredus

Or just rename this topic to "kiseki/trails of series"

Back to topic...
Maybe PS4 version of Zero and Ao will be able to get (officially) to the west... Maybe even NISA will fix translation of Sen 3 after playing Crossbell... or maybe they will be still pretending that Cecill is male... It's NISA, you never know.

And damn that casually dropping massive spoiler from Sen 4 on screenshots from Hajimari... and knowing that I expect game will be kinda similar to Sky 3 where you watched/played side stories as doors.

Last edited by Sacredus; 2019-12-18 at 05:51.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-18, 09:21   Link #3125
marvelB

Sweet, a new Kiseki, a Zero/Ao remaster (which makes localization a true possibility again).... this was some great news to wake up to! And man, over 50 playable characters in Hajimari.... that's practically the entire Liberl, Crossbell, and Erebonia casts combined, lol. Anyway, I guess the new title is meant to be similar to TitS the 3rd, in the sense that it's a "transitional" story of sorts? That's pretty much the vibe I'm getting from the whole 3 separate storyline thing.

Also, it's a minor thing, but apparently, the Crossbell remasters, despite being fully voiced, are based more on the original versions rather than the Evolution ports? If so, that's a bit of a shame since the latter versions have the extra sidequests and the arranged OSTs (would have been neat to have the option to switch between both versions of the soundtracks, like with the Sora Evos).... but whatever, I can live with it. I'm still stoked, either way!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-18, 09:35   Link #3126
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, it's a minor thing, but apparently, the Crossbell remasters, despite being fully voiced, are based more on the original versions rather than the Evolution ports? If so, that's a bit of a shame since the latter versions have the extra sidequests and the arranged OSTs (would have been neat to have the option to switch between both versions of the soundtracks, like with the Sora Evos).... but whatever, I can live with it. I'm still stoked, either way!
Evolution is made by Kadokawa, so if any changes to the games from those versions where included, they probably would have been more involved. And probably make an English localization even more difficult than it really is. Although I don't know how much of that was in the consideration for these remasters.
And most changes are throwaway stuff anyway other than the voice acting.

I'm just happy it's still fully voiced, since I kind of feared they wouldn't since these are Kai releases from Falcom.
Although one wonders where the voices is coming from, has Falcom made a deal with Kadokawa? Or is Falcom rerecording everything themselves (which I have a hard time seeing them do...)
The one thing I really hope too, is for the sound quality of the voices to be better than the Evolution version. They were quite compressed and didn't sound too good.
Old 2019-12-18, 13:52   Link #3127
G0rd0

Does anybody know if Sen no Kiseki 3 sold well in the west?
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-19, 09:16   Link #3128
LROlsson

Some small things about Hajimari from the Dengeki Interview.

Hajimari isn't a gaiden, it is a proper entry. It has some the 3rd like parts in it, but those are extras. Falcom really doesn't want you to think Hajimari is like the 3rd.
It's the beginning of the 2nd half, and the beginning of heading towards the conclusion. The reason the chose the 創 kanji for Hajimari is because they are creating the conclusion.
Next Kiseki after Hajimari is already being worked on, Falcom will not let us wait to long for it after Hajimari.
Old 2019-12-19, 11:21   Link #3129
Requiem-x
The slacking one

A needed clarification considering the number of playable characters. The 3rd was the first thing that popped in my head after the announcement.

And literally the beginning of the end, how foreboding.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-19, 19:54   Link #3130
The Green One

Well....

Spoiler for Cold Steel 4:
Old 2020-01-11, 16:06   Link #3131
Dextro
He Without a Title

I finished ToCS3. I was not ready for that level of cliffhanger. That's brutal! WTF is NISA doing? they should have CS4 announced by now!
Old 2020-01-11, 20:34   Link #3132
The Green One

Yeah they weren't playing around this time.....
Old 2020-01-17, 16:35   Link #3133
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Coming to Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...old_Steel_III/

Nice for those who don't have a PS4 or Switch.
Old 2020-01-17, 17:15   Link #3134
InfinityDragonGod

Also 26 DLC cosmetic items will be for free until March 30.

Hopefully the Switch version will also come on March 23 (All DLC will be included in game).
Old 2020-01-18, 06:06   Link #3135
Sacredus

And before anyone ask, Durante was working on this port so it will be fine.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-22, 08:11   Link #3136
n0m@n
C-Z

Oh shit. I only found out just now that Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki is getting a full remastered version on ps4.... Must buy it. I really have been living under a rock since this was revealed last year...
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-22, 08:26   Link #3137
Rinvelt
駄目人間

>full remastered version
Big words, more like upscaling + voices (most likely the EVO ones) and turbo mode.
Old 2020-01-22, 10:19   Link #3138
The Green One

It'll be a good chance for those who wanted to play the Crossbell series "legit". Still it'll be interesting to see what they do if they try to localize this. There's some pretty cringey stuff in this duology.
Old 2020-01-22, 17:31   Link #3139
Wandering Soul

It would be nice if there was legit way to play the Crossbell duology by the time I get to those games, but at this rate, I'll most likely get to them prior to that.
Old 2020-01-22, 21:46   Link #3140
InfinityDragonGod

Hajimari no Kiseki news:

Twitter thread (click for all the news):
https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/1219892496559493121

Interesting info:
Spoiler for Post CS4:

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria