Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-06, 18:20   Link #261
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post

EDIT: That transition into the ED was pure perfection though.
yes yes yes, I love it when animes do that. It was a nice little touch they did.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 19:50   Link #262
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The worst about the Lizard arc is that they skipped showing how evil certain Guardians, like Demigure and Albedo actually are. Namely they completely skipped the scene with theuhm 'sheep pen'
Though it was probably just deemed not fit for TV
This was not cut because there is something like censorship, if it were something like that, the scene where Solution mentions the problems with Tsuare's physical condition that includes anal fissure, syphilis and drugs would also be. I think it was omitted because people would simply understand how many guardians did not see human beings as dignified through the scene where they show the skull throne.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 08:24   Link #263
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

In the LN, Sebas was way more brutal than in the anime. They pretty much skipped his parts to focus on Climb and Brain's fight (which made me sad, because it showed just how much he really does belong in Nazarick). In the LN we see that Sebas can be really brutal and even sadistic toward people he deems as garbage. He doesn't keep his promise to Climb at all... as he was looking for a slaughter. Just a few examples of what was skipped:

Spoiler for Stuff the episode skipped:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 09:17   Link #264
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
This was not cut because there is something like censorship, if it were something like that, the scene where Solution mentions the problems with Tsuare's physical condition that includes anal fissure, syphilis and drugs would also be. I think it was omitted because people would simply understand how many guardians did not see human beings as dignified through the scene where they show the skull throne.
Which is still 'cut'.
And it was notably censored/cut, whatever you want to call it, to a point where I wouldn't have been able to tell that Albedo was in on it if I wouldn't already know it.

Which is imho bad because it shows that Albedo, too can do stuff behind Ainz back.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 09:28   Link #265
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
In the LN, Sebas was way more brutal than in the anime. They pretty much skipped his parts to focus on Climb and Brain's fight (which made me sad, because it showed just how much he really does belong in Nazarick). In the LN we see that Sebas can be really brutal and even sadistic toward people he deems as garbage. He doesn't keep his promise to Climb at all... as he was looking for a slaughter. Just a few examples of what was skipped:

Spoiler for Stuff the episode skipped:
After reading your spoilers, now I feel sad. The anime didn't do Sebas justice. Focusing too much on Climb and Brain was almost a waste of an episode. Would have been better if the bad guys were shown being slaughtered though, cause it stays true to the overall theme.

That reminds me, how many eps does this season have ?? I hope the next arc won't be rushed.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 09:52   Link #266
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Maybe focusing on the Climb and Brain scenes cost less. The overall production of this season has seemed lower than season 1.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 11:27   Link #267
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Maybe focusing on the Climb and Brain scenes cost less. The overall production of this season has seemed lower than season 1.
Or they wanted to make Sebas look better than he actually is.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 11:34   Link #268
pervypig

Honestly, even from a purely aesthetic point of view, I must say this season is really poor. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the Pleiades which never got much highlights last season.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 15:25   Link #269
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Which is still 'cut'.
And it was notably censored/cut, whatever you want to call it, to a point where I wouldn't have been able to tell that Albedo was in on it if I wouldn't already know it.

Which is imho bad because it shows that Albedo, too can do stuff behind Ainz back.
I don't think either Albedo or Demiurge are aware that Ainz really misunderstood the identity of the "sheep".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
After reading your spoilers, now I feel sad. The anime didn't do Sebas justice. Focusing too much on Climb and Brain was almost a waste of an episode. Would have been better if the bad guys were shown being slaughtered though, cause it stays true to the overall theme.

That reminds me, how many eps does this season have ?? I hope the next arc won't be rushed.
There won't be a next arc this season.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 15:39   Link #270
DemonneoPT

Quote:

x2
I believe it also happened in Shaltear arc. They skipped tons of action where Shalltear completely stomped the mercenaries. That's why Overlord needed more episodes per season. At least it was still cool seeing Sebas kicking the fat dude into a pulp of blood and bitchslapping him like crazy..lol. I also liked the trick they did in the end with the princess. It was a nice touch!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 18:51   Link #271
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There won't be a next arc this season.
What do you mean? The last 4 episodes will be volume 5.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 20:25   Link #272
SilverGlavenus

^Aw shit, only 4 episodes ?? *sigh* Should have shortened the lizard arc to make more screen time for the climax.
Old 2018-03-07, 20:39   Link #273
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I suppose you wanted to say Volume 6? After all Volume 5 was pretty much finished with the most recently released episode.

Quote:
^Aw shit, only 4 episodes ?? *sigh* Should have shortened the lizard arc to make more screen time for the climax.
The thing about vol. 5 and 6 is that both of them have many detailed explanations of the surroundings in many scenes and long-winded emotional descriptions of characters, espacially in battles and one-sided beat-downs. For example Climb's battle with Succulent felt much, much longer than in the anime. It felt like it was dragging on so long that I might have guessed it to be half of the entire vol. 5 if I didn't know better. They went extremely into detail about the illusions and how Climb handles them.

In anime form, however, those things pass by in merely a few frames. In various Chinese Cultivation novels there is a phrase I'd like borrow for this occasion: "Even thought all of this took a long time to describe, it occured in an instant."

In comparison, vol. 4 was much more dialogue heavy and needed to also introduce a fictional species, the Lizardmen, to the audience. Also there's the fact that vol. 5 and vol. 6 are interconnected strongly - that makes it easier to plan ahead what to cut out and what not.

That's why I think the decision to only give 5 episodes to vol.4, as well as 4 episodes for vol. 5 and vol. 6 respectively is the correct choice here. And should we ever get up to a season 4, we will need to have Zarius properly introduced as a character, since he'll become somewhat relevant again by then... well on the other hand Climb and Unglaus would be relatively important in season 3 if it ever existed, so there's that as well. On the other hand the amount of future appearences for Sebas... well maybe he'll get his chance to shine again in some volume. Anyway, character focus by the anime staff seems to be on those who'll have important later appearences, even if those appearences are set beyond where the anime ends at.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2018-03-07 at 20:56.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 23:43   Link #274
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I also really liked the transition into the ED sequence. Now if only they didn't ruin things for people with no LN knowledge and had refrained from including that art until this very episode.

I have worries about what the last few episodes are going to consist of exactly. Story-wise, I feel like it should have a 2nd cour... but production quality-wise, maybe the studio can't even handle it. Brain's face looked awful in most frames during episode 8.
Old 2018-03-08, 01:33   Link #275
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
The Men of the Kingdom arc (of which we're the in the middle) is two volumes long.

Quote:
In anime form, however, those things pass by in merely a few frames. In various Chinese Cultivation novels there is a phrase I'd like borrow for this occasion: "Even thought all of this took a long time to describe, it occured in an instant."
What, several of them do that? I find it so annoying when I come across it.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2018-03-08 at 02:44.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 09:19   Link #276
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
The thing about vol. 5 and 6 is that both of them have many detailed explanations of the surroundings in many scenes and long-winded emotional descriptions of characters, espacially in battles and one-sided beat-downs. For example Climb's battle with Succulent felt much, much longer than in the anime. It felt like it was dragging on so long that I might have guessed it to be half of the entire vol. 5 if I didn't know better. They went extremely into detail about the illusions and how Climb handles them.

In comparison, vol. 4 was much more dialogue heavy and needed to also introduce a fictional species, the Lizardmen, to the audience. Also there's the fact that vol. 5 and vol. 6 are interconnected strongly - that makes it easier to plan ahead what to cut out and what not.

That's why I think the decision to only give 5 episodes to vol.4, as well as 4 episodes for vol. 5 and vol. 6 respectively is the correct choice here. And should we ever get up to a season 4, we will need to have Zarius properly introduced as a character, since he'll become somewhat relevant again by then... well on the other hand Climb and Unglaus would be relatively important in season 3 if it ever existed, so there's that as well. On the other hand the amount of future appearences for Sebas... well maybe he'll get his chance to shine again in some volume. Anyway, character focus by the anime staff seems to be on those who'll have important later appearences, even if those appearences are set beyond where the anime ends at.
Well, I'll wait for the remaining episodes to really judge if they are well executed or not. Maybe you're right, but many of the audience, like me, came into this anime without reading the LN, so the experience may vary.

Anyway, considering they are going to resolve Tsuare's story in the next episode, the final part of this season will probably have only 3 - 3.5 eps.
Old 2018-03-08, 09:22   Link #277
Skaddix

Yeah in the Novels a lot of the fights are fighters thinking about there next moves and trying to figure out how someones powers work...it even occurs during the beatdowns since you get split second reactions before some scrub gets runover.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 18:05   Link #278
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
I suppose you wanted to say Volume 6? After all Volume 5 was pretty much finished with the most recently released episode.
Yeah, I meant volume 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The Men of the Kingdom arc (of which we're the in the middle) is two volumes long.
I know. The next coming episodes will be the second part of this arc.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 13:18   Link #279
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched 7-9:

Nice, Sebas is a real gentleman for saving Tuare like that. And also glad to see that evil disgusting fat guy dead at last.

Among the pleiades, Solution is the one I dislike the most.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 20:22   Link #280
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Among the pleiades, Solution is the one I dislike the most.
Solution is the best maid.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote