Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-02, 11:14   Link #1
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Rakugo Tennyo Oyui

Rakugo Tennyo Oyui

Rakugo Tennyo Oyui is about six girls who have been given magical powers to fight evil. The point to make here is that it's being produced by m.o.e. so I bet the girls will probably have to fight evil by showing evil their kuma panties or something.

Description from animenfo:
Quote:
Six girls including Tsukishima Yui were summoned into the end of Edo period by the power of mystic stones. They became celestial nymphs to protect cities from evils. Each girl obtained her own power. The power Yui obtained was “word”. She would fight against evils by her “words” that gave people hope.
EDIT: I guess this show isn't done by m.o.e. but by Three Fat Samurai. Seems like the rakugo jokes just fly over my head, but Yui is cute! First impressions at the blog!

Last edited by froinlaven; 2006-05-23 at 13:31.
Old 2006-01-06, 21:49   Link #2
Sakuya
*Artist

The first episode has aired and the raw is out. Did anyone see it yet? There are so many other shows I have to get that's also out, unfortunately. This will be last priority.
Old 2006-01-07, 13:38   Link #3
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Watching this series is a pure waste of time. (storywise)
But I like wasting my time if cute girls involved in it. Especially when the main character a hyper-genki one.
Old 2006-01-07, 15:00   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany
Watching this series is a pure waste of time. (storywise)
It's by m.o.e.

Pretty obvious, eh?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-08, 07:44   Link #5
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

It can't be THAT bad, can it?
Old 2006-01-08, 07:54   Link #6
DaFool
Resident devil

It is. That being said by one of the most tolerant persons on this board with regards to watching anything. You don't even need to know what the heck is going on, it just screams BAD DIRECTING at you. And why on earth are there so many raws of this floating around, while I'm stuck on a slow seed of Kaishaku.
Old 2006-01-08, 17:04   Link #7
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

For a m.o.e. show it is surprising it has no fan service what so ever in the first ep. And really there was some oportunities in there. Are ther going serious, no way.
Old 2006-01-09, 20:23   Link #8
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

T.N.K. != m.o.e., methinks...

The company in charge of animation production for O-Yui is T.N.K....and last time I checked, I don't think m.o.e. worked on Licensed by Royal. Or dabbled in shounen-ai OVAs/drama CDs like Papa to KISS IN THE DARK, for that matter.

Although the majority of works listed on T.N.K.'s site is indeed of the bishoujo-moe persuasion, so I won't blame anyone from making the assumption that O-Yui was done by m.o.e....

Edited to add a link to m.o.e.'s official Web site - which does not list O-Yui as one of their produced works.
Old 2006-01-09, 22:51   Link #9
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoi_Pocky
The company in charge of animation production for O-Yui is T.N.K....and last time I checked, I don't think m.o.e. worked on Licensed by Royal. Or dabbled in shounen-ai OVAs/drama CDs like Papa to KISS IN THE DARK, for that matter.

Although the majority of works listed on T.N.K.'s site is indeed of the bishoujo-moe persuasion, so I won't blame anyone from making the assumption that O-Yui was done by m.o.e....

Edited to add a link to m.o.e.'s official Web site - which does not list O-Yui as one of their produced works.
Hmmm, that's weird, because anidb lists m.o.e. as the company behind this series. Is anidb lying to us!?
Old 2006-01-11, 02:47   Link #10
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
I'd check, but I deleted the episode already. :/

This show was... just not good.
And lucky me, I downloaded it twice ._.

Why the hell are there so many torrents of this? o_o
Old 2006-01-11, 08:53   Link #11
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame
And lucky me, I downloaded it twice ._.

Why the hell are there so many torrents of this? o_o
Because more torrents means many different raws floating in jp P2P. The tastes of jp raw cappers are indeed different from fansub watchers. The tastes of translators tend to fall in between, picking the better ~moe (not m.o.e. the company) shows.
Old 2006-01-15, 02:59   Link #12
Sakuya
*Artist

Is there someone who can provide the OP song and ED song for those who don't want to download the anime? I'm just wondering if it's good. I'm extra curious about the enka ED song. Just the song, no video needed. Yeah, I can't believe I want to listen to enka. After listening to that one enka song from Mai HiME, it sounded pretty good. Thanks to anybody who fills this request.
Old 2006-02-12, 20:12   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Oteher people must have much higher standards than I do. I've only seen the first ep (in Chinese sub) and I liked the show. All the music is great, for one thing, including the enka, which I normally just don't get at all.

I especially liked the over-the-top characterization of Yui (the pink-haired one), both in the script and animation and especially by the VA. She is Gotou Saori, who is just 19 and has had previous roles in Galaxy Angel X, Koi Koi 7 and Rozen Maiden Traumend (Barasuishou). Here is her home page.

I don't see any indication on the official site or the credits that m.o.e. is involved, although I don't know the names, so maybe some of the staff are from there. The only similarity I see is that it's a cheap production featuring a bunch of cute monster-fighters. It isn't really on my watch list, but I think it's a decent show, at least after one episode. The comic-performance background is interesting.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-02-12 at 20:43.
Old 2006-03-09, 15:44   Link #14
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A month is probably a reasonable time between posts. I haven't been following this show, just watched another episode recently. The show isn't that interesting, but I really think that Gotou Saori's voice as Yui is terrific: extremely funny moments and under good control. I haven't seen her Barasuishou (Rozen Traumend), but that is apparently good as well. I expect we'll be hearing more of her, especially since she is very pretty, and would adorn TV interview programs in Japan.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-05-22, 19:47   Link #15
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

English sub

LIME anime has produced a sub of the first episode, now available at animesuki.com

Have a look, if only to hear Gotou Saori.
Old 2006-05-22, 22:41   Link #16
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Ah cool someone's subbing the series. Yeah I'm probably the only one here that likes the series. Granted it's nothing dramatic, deep or special, but I had fun watching it. Well of course I can't understand Japanese so my understanding of the story is limited.
Old 2006-05-22, 23:48   Link #17
miaka

I watched the entire raw series and its not bad. I like the concept of magic girl transformantion in ancient time. Its opening Sakura Saku by little non is still my favorite anime song for that season.
Old 2006-05-23, 01:25   Link #18
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka
I watched the entire raw series and its not bad. I like the concept of magic girl transformantion in ancient time. Its opening Sakura Saku by little non is still my favorite anime song for that season.
Oh yes I love the opening song. It's part of the reason I watched the raws I'll admit that much. I also like the transformation scenes. Plus since they spread out the introduction of each transformation and the series was only 12 episodes. The transformations feel extra important. Plus not only do you have magical girls including the err loli. You have a magical woman. So yay for that change of pace. At least for me anyway.
Old 2006-05-23, 02:02   Link #19
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
The biggest problem with this series...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Have a look, if only to hear Gotou Saori.
That's the main reason why i watched the full series. Yui is great, Gotou-san did a wonderful job.
Old 2006-05-23, 02:24   Link #20
Prince of Moles

Well, I just saw the first episode. Man, I can truly sympathize with people who said that this was just not funny or boring.

In the opening sequence a guy is talking about fish. Now if you happen to know the story about "Meguro no sanma" then it can potentially be funny. (I think the voice actor did a pretty bad job on that one, but I digress.) But if you don't then you go away with a big huh?

"Meguro no sanma" is a simple story about a shogun who eats a fatty cheap fish at Meguro (which is inland, not a fishing town) and finds it delicious. When he gets home to his castle, he asks his chef to cook one for him. But the chef drains all the fat from the Sanma (the tasty part). So of course tasting nothing like what he had at Meguro, he asks where did they get the fish from. The response, the fish market. "No wonder it's bad. You have to get Sanma from Meguro." That's the punchline.

The rest of the cast of characters seemed pretty standard as well.

Of course, the whole Master Katsura Utamaru part is funnier, if you happened to know that Utamaru likes to be praised. When he is praised on the show Shoten, he gives out extra rewards. So Utamaru drawn in that style is in fact a joke in it of itself. Or that in real life, Utamaru can never go against his wife's wishes.

But I mean come on, who actually knows this stuff? Unless you happened to like Rakugo and/or watched Shoten you're just not going to get this. The show has to stand on its own to engage the viewer.
Closed Thread