AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-01-14, 11:04   Link #1561
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I'm still baffled as to why they make it such a point with Movie!Nanoha when Series!Nanoha found better ways of handling it, but I can't understand exactly how the writer's mind works. I guess I'll have to wait for the movie to come out and see if it explains anything better.
Series!Nanoha does touch upon it, but, uh, probably copped out of saying it outright.

Nanoha's workholism, the way she reacted to being stabbed Here and her reaction to Vivio wanting to live with her (i am not worthy, i am not qualified a mother, etc) speak about it, as well as her whole 'i am worth nothing' attitude are all a bit about that. She just is better at hiding it, and Nanoha's audience make it hard to talk about some of those too openly.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 13:37   Link #1562
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Hmm, was wondering if Nana would blog about PHANTOM MINDS hitting #1 on the daily, but I guess she'll just talk about it when it gets #1 weekly....

Anyhoo, movie stuff. She attended a private showing of the movie. Title says it all - Couldn't stop the tears!! No on-spot translation for anyone interested. Sorry. 'A'

>> 滝のように涙が流れてメイクがボロボロ(笑)
So, she cried so much that her make-up got ruined. Ahahahah. 'A'

>> あっという間の約2時間半☆
Does she mean the movie is two and a half hours or what, ololol.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2010-01-14 at 15:20.
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 14:48   Link #1563
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Hmm, was wondering if Nana would blog about PHANTOM MINDS hitting #1 on the daily, but I guess she'll just talk about it when it gets #1 weekly....

Anyhoo, movie stuff. She attended a private showing of the movie. Title says it all - Couldn't stop the tears!! No on-spot translation for anyone interested. Sorry. 'A'

>> 滝のように涙が流れてメイクがボロボロ(笑)
So, she cried so much that her make-up got ruined. Ahahahah. 'A'
I will cry in Nana's stead.

Nana's a cool seiyuu. I wonder if this means they increased the drama, or she is just a big softy.

Quote:
あっという間の約2時間半☆
That would be so awesome.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-01-14 at 15:28.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 15:02   Link #1564
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Nana is actually quite sensitive, thus reflecting Fate's nature. She's a fangirl at heart too.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 18:58   Link #1565
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Isn't that pushing it for an anime movie based off a series? I was honestly surprised to hear that the movie was even two hours long.
Old 2010-01-14, 19:03   Link #1566
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Isn't that pushing it for an anime movie based off a series? I was honestly surprised to hear that the movie was even two hours long.
2 1/2 hours is a little... well long as hell, like the kinda length reserved for adaptations of incredibly long novels. That like super pushing it.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 19:58   Link #1567
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

People were complaining that two hours is not enough, and now they complain that 2 1/2 hrs is too much? Never satisfied.
It's not like fans are going to get annoyed that they get to watch a movie they paid for...for an extra 30minutes.

It varies - UBW is 1 1/2 hrs, and the Haruhi movie is 2 1/2 hrs.
Old 2010-01-14, 20:07   Link #1568
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

two and a half hours, having to seat in a cramped chair in a cinema.... and you're asking why we think it's long?

also, UBW. Too short. Disappearance movie... Too long. It always read to me like a 1 1/2 hour movie at best.
Old 2010-01-14, 20:52   Link #1569
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I don't see what's the problem with having a movie over or at least 2.5 hours long. If the extensive length totally turns you away, then it's best not to see it then instead of automatically assuming that there's gonna be some content that isn't worth the time. This is Fate's backstory here and I'm sure the depth and content of it will be rich and well worth it.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 20:57   Link #1570
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
I don't see what's the problem with having a movie over or at least 2.5 hours long. If the extensive length totally turns you away, then it's best not to see it then instead of automatically assuming that there's gonna be some content that isn't worth the time. This is Fate's backstory here and I'm sure the depth and content of it will be rich and well worth it.
I don't think anyone assumed that Noe, but Fate's background should definitely be worth seeing
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 20:58   Link #1571
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

I myself fail to understand how a fan of the series would have a problem with the movie being 'to long' that is something I have almost never seen.. I have seen "to many cuts" or "to much original movie content" or "too short" never before have I seen people complain about "Damn cant you shorten this movie up a bit!?" lmao its a bit absurd I see no problems with a movie even if it was 3 hours if it got the job done right and good.

I would prefer the UBW movie by a fair bit longer then it is for example
Old 2010-01-14, 21:03   Link #1572
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

This thread is to discuss your expectation about the movie, NOT whine about how long it is or isn't. Recent off topic chatter has been removed. Anymore off topic nonsense will result in a warning.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 21:50   Link #1573
Murgatroyd
Amateur Translator

Quote:
No on-spot translation for anyone interested. Sorry. 'A'
Maybe you aren't doing one, but I don't mind taking a few minutes for a quick-and-dirty rendition.
Nonstandard punctuation and emoticons have been omitted.
Today, I went to a preview of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st.
Finally, the movie is finished.
So much has happened since that first meeting six years ago…
It's hard to believe that I'm getting to see Nanoha in a theater….
So many thoughts were whirling around in my head, even just hearing Nanoha's opening narration made me feel like crying.
Two and a half hours passed like a moment.
My tears were flowing like a waterfall, ruining my makeup.
It was truly wonderful!!
Everyone, please, please come see it in theaters!
Murgatroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 22:05   Link #1574
Jimmy C

Two and a half hours? I thought it was supposed to be only 100 minutes.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 22:08   Link #1575
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

The original time was 120 minutes (or so I thought)

I don't even know where the original 2hr estimate came from, anyways. MAL had it listed as two hrs, so I went with that.
Old 2010-01-14, 22:46   Link #1576
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I wonder how much of that time will be dedicated to Fate's backstory. It looks like a lot of it will be covered, at least during the beginning.
Old 2010-01-14, 23:09   Link #1577
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Don't care about length if I enjoy it. Wau, that sounds wrong.

I want to see more Linith. ;-;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgatroyd View Post
Maybe you aren't doing one, but I don't mind taking a few minutes for a quick-and-dirty rendition.
Ara, sankyuu. Resisting urge to link you to the very old TAF script of the Nanoha movie. 'A'I doubt Yukarin will talk about the preview or the movie on her blog or radio show....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I don't even know where the original 2hr estimate came from, anyways. MAL had it listed as two hrs, so I went with that.
yo sup seiyuu talking about the movie - Ugh, forgot the time frame. Sometime after Lyrical Memorial, so probably near the half-way mark. They said it's about two hours and that the script is really, really thick - the recording wasn't finished at the time.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 21:08   Link #1578
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
As Andy00 put quite brilliantly, Nanoha was always quite weak mentally speaking, at least before to develop her magic talents, or at least we can assume that she was due to her family behavior and her surrending where she couldn't find a place for her.
I don't see any 180 here .
And that is where I disagree. All we have seen in the series was that Nanoha had been a bit alone in her past. However, it never was something she swelled on, in fact quite the opposite. She was a cheery and positive girl. Even the whole 'I don't know what I'm going to do with my future' bit was simply 'I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet.' There was no dwelling, no moping and certainly no crying.

Still, so far the trailers show no sign of Nanoha holding the same problems in the movie. And I really can't see them spending too much time digging into that aspect and Fate's past combined while keeping the plot rolling. Heck, even the manga seems to have stopped touching upon it (or at least they haven't continued yet).

Maybe it was done to give Nanoha and Fate a another connection besides 'sad eyes.' You know, "two girls with serious emotional trouble, they match perfectly!" and all.

I'd love to be a psychiatrist in that world. A girl with no direction in her life, a girl without her mother's love, a girl who has lived alone for much of her life, a girl who is a clone of the equivalent of Jesus, a clone boy ripped from his family and experimented on, a girl cast out of her tribe for a power she was born with, a girl who has the memories of a dead king, and that's just the nine year olds. When we get to the teens we've got a whole army of biological weapons and a girl who lost her entire family.

Yeah, to say the majority of the Nanoha cast can have serious issues if the author wants it would be an understatement.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 21:26   Link #1579
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Nanoha used to be the ONLY ONE without issues. Now she's one of them emo zombies.
Old 2010-01-16, 21:42   Link #1580
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

truth be told this movie is going to either be absolutely awesome or it is going to be a total flop and this decision is going to be based off of the major fans regardless of origin me personally I hope this movie will be worth watching to many anime's have met their downfall to movies of the series the Escaflowne and Higurashi no naku koro ni (or When They Cry pending your preference) are a couple of examples that i remember off the top of my head I'm sure there are more but still there are movies that were good the first naruto movie was pretty good the yugioh movie was meh but like i said it will either be on top or flop pray its a top
mokoufanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie