AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-14, 18:00   Link #1
dyler13

Let's hear your top three...

I'm currently watching Bottle Fairy, Chobits, Chrno Crusade, Condor Hero, Da Capo, Full Metal Alchemist, Gunslinger Girl, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Maburaho, Naruto, Peace Maker Kurogane, Planet ES, Read or Die, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, and Twin Spica, and I've completed Ah! My Goddess, Ai Yori Aoshi, Boys Be, Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, LastEXILE, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Onegai Twins, Scrapped Princess, and Ultra Maniac. But it sucks... Why?? Because the honeymoon stage is over...

My addiction began only a couple of months ago; it was like heaven. After watching 50 some episodes of Naruto my watch-list started to grow. Since I was a n00b, I had an endless supply of goodies. But now things are different..... Naruto just plain sucks now - not because the episodes are getting worse or anything like that, but because one episode just isn't enough to satisfy my hunger. Some of you may suggest going cold turkey for a while so I can watch a batch of them straight.... that's impossible. I tried that once and couldn't resist. The same goes for the other shows. It's all fun-and-games until I get caught up and have to start waiting again. The better the show the more frustrating it is. ROD TV and Condor Hero are the worst in this case.

Anyways... Recently, I've sort of gone into a slump in choosing my anime. I look over descriptions and reviews at animenfo, pointblank, and anime academy, but my losing streak continues. Ai Yori Aoshi and Da Capo are probably my biggest dissappointments. For some of the shows I feel like I'm just watching them just to kill time - waiting for the good series to come out with new episodes. Things are definately not as enjoyable as they used to be.

Dang I typed a lot ^_^ But to get to the point, I'm looking for suggestions (with seeds) that are not on the list above. If you could reply with some of your all-time favorites that would be great. My favorites so far would have to be LastEXILE, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Read or Die TV, Condor Hero, Gunslinger Girl, Naruto, and Full Metal Alchemist.
Old 2003-12-14, 18:48   Link #2
saku~ya
la~li~lo

I'm going to suggest the following:

One Peice~rather enjoyable after watching the first 10 episodes can't wait for more. And there are plently of seeds on it.

Stellvia of the Universe~It was a good space anime for me. It does have some rather exciting parts in it.

Chrno Crusades~The first three episodes were more than I expected. It has a good combination of a Gun waving Girl and a Demon.
Old 2003-12-14, 20:18   Link #3
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
Hmm... my top three...

in no real order:

Chrno Crusade - 1st episode was pretty boring to me, but the concept of "Nuns with Guns" had me hoping for it to improve. And it did! Turrah!

FullMetal Panic Fumofu - I dunno, it's such a weird and funny show that I have to love it.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - I don't know why I like this one either. It's just so, interesting. I always want to know what happens in the end...
Old 2003-12-18, 04:45   Link #4
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Gunslinger Girl--- very good and the action scenes are great, very emotional and you just want to see it turn out good for the girls

Gungrave- very good story and another awsome action anime, love seeing the back story to the game

Planetes- very heart-felt and realistic show about space engineering and the characters are just likable and very believable.

there are several others i really like tooo. these just come to mind first others include: Chrno Crusade, Fullmetal Alchemist, KgNE, Tsukihime, Shadow Skill tv, Grappler Baki 1 & 2, Gilgamesh and Condor Hero.
Old 2003-12-18, 05:21   Link #5
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Kiminozo
Scrapped Princes (cant belive none of you wierdos mention this)
Naruto.....its starting to suck a bit... (kinda like DBZ style.....it had its peek, but than it went downstream)
Old 2003-12-18, 13:58   Link #6
Amok
(ey'mok)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyler13
My addiction began only a couple of months ago; it was like heaven. After watching 50 some episodes of Naruto my watch-list started to grow. Since I was a n00b, I had an endless supply of goodies. But now things are different.....
There is the source of your problem right there... you went on one heck of a binge, my friend. Youre burned out. Now, I'm not suggesting you go cold turkey (because we both know that isnt an option ), but rather learn to pace yourself. Set a certain day of the week to be "X-series" day, where you only watch those series that day. Works well for me. Then you can still download an entire series, but only watch an episode a day, or every other day. By doing this, you not only stretch your library of anime out to last you a good while, but while youre doing this you can be downloading other series and saving them for after you have completed one. You just simply went too much too fast, and if you keep on this path... you will run out of good anime to watch.

Now onto your inquiry for suggestions... all of my favorites have already been named or you have already seen. I'll have to echo Xiandu by saying Gilgamesh (great show and the action is starting to pick up). Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (kinda ecchi, with girl-girl love-love, if you can handle that kinda thing), and Godannar (cheesy, giant robot goodness).

If you're still having problems, then I would suggest looking more into licensed anime. There are alot of great shows out there like Haibana Renmei, Azumanga Daioh, Crest of the Stars, blah blah blah, I could list them for hours. If your a little too light on cash to be dropping coin for DVDs, or you just want to try out a series before you go spend the cash, there are alot of other p2p programs out there (dc++ for example) that are great for hunting down licensed stuff.

Just pace yourself, you'll be fine.
Old 2003-12-18, 14:33   Link #7
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I think he's interested in completed series since he pretty much has this and last seasons in his list. try some older anime, they are completed so you won't be stuck waiting a week for the next episode. You'll find some good stuff in the animenfo top 50, some of them may be old though. Also try searching for movies or ova they are generally good too. Have you seen the ROD OVA?

oh and get one piece. there are about 76 episodes you can easily get from torrents or irc. I'm sure you can blow a whole day watching it
Old 2003-12-19, 23:06   Link #8
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
How could you forget Scrapped Princess and Get Backers ?!?
Old 2003-12-20, 01:12   Link #9
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I didn't forget Scrapped Princess, the thread is about anime your currently watching, and i am not currently watching it since i finished it a while ago. The show is damn good.
Old 2003-12-20, 01:35   Link #10
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok

My Top3: Tsukihime, Narutaru, Scrapped princess.
Old 2003-12-20, 02:16   Link #11
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess

This isn't my personal top three, but it seems like you'd enjoy:

Scrapped Princess
Mahoromatic
GetBackers

for series that have torrents up.
Old 2003-12-21, 13:02   Link #12
kazusa
Helping Translator

Send a message via AIM to kazusa Send a message via MSN to kazusa