AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-11, 04:19   Link #61
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
How many episodes is Air Gear?

The irst episode was funny. And the art is adoreable. However, I'm not sure if I will continue watching though. It might be to "shounen" for my taste.
But definitly watch some more before I decide.
Friera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 04:19   Link #62
hakasan

This anime is....... as what Tamaki said: "Gud.... Gud.... Very gud!!!!!"
The drawings is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Esp. when Tamki was helping Haruhi find her wallet in d pond, d clouds in the blue sky reflected on d water............. The comedy parts were good as well. I've been burning out my computer by repeatedly watching that 1 episode over and over and over and over again. The
2rd episode is going to be aired late at nite in Japan 2nite right? It says 24hr50min on tuesday on its website, so I suppose it is 00.50hrs, isn't it?
hakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 04:21   Link #63
hakasan

Oh sorry, in the wrong post, was in Ohran Host club. Click into another without realising it. How to remove?
hakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 08:13   Link #64
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Well, i was rather disapointed, the stopry was all over the place, the animation was off at times, and i get the impression its going to be a short 13 ep series, hence the speed.

Shame they didnt follow the manga more
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 08:30   Link #65
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
i get the impression its going to be a short 13 ep series, hence the speed.

I hopw it is only 13 episodes. Then I will see it through because I got the feeling it will be to much fillers if it lasts for 26 episodes or more. And I do hate fillers and that's mostly the reason why I abonded animes midways.
Friera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 09:01   Link #66
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
I hopw it is only 13 episodes. Then I will see it through because I got the feeling it will be to much fillers if it lasts for 26 episodes or more. And I do hate fillers and that's mostly the reason why I abonded animes midways.
Nah theres more than enough material to make a 26 ep series without much, if any filler. 13 eps isnt enough to do the series justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
What's not so good?

- Spitfire. OMFG!!!! Spitfire is supposed to be blond, not a flaming red-head. And when I say "red-head", I mean RED! He just looks hilariously wrong. 8)
I've read a few different translations of the manga, and all of them agree on one point, in the pannel where one of the track teams girls kicks him in the head, she refers to spitfire as a 'flameheaded bastard' that to me, and probably to the artists, suggests he'd have flame red hair. Must confess aswell that when i read it i also see him as having flaming red hair *shrugs* not to much of a biggy though.

Last edited by Tiamat's Disciple; 2006-04-11 at 09:42.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 11:35   Link #67
x0dus

watched the first episode, and to be honest I think its terrible, nothing that would interest me so i dont think i will be watching it again.

its like an anime version of Jet Set Radio for the Dreamcast, some of the locations were similar, and I think they put some of the characters from the game in there, when they had the meeting I could see some people from the game.
x0dus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 11:40   Link #68
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
I've read a few different translations of the manga, and all of them agree on one point, in the pannel where one of the track teams girls kicks him in the head, she refers to spitfire as a 'flameheaded bastard' that to me, and probably to the artists, suggests he'd have flame red hair. Must confess aswell that when i read it i also see him as having flaming red hair *shrugs* not to much of a biggy though.
I think that only referred to his hair-style and that flame trick he does...
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 14:22   Link #69
leno

Anyone know what was music in the middle of anime when following bad guy with skulls?
leno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 14:22   Link #70
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

BTW, for those interested, the website has finally opened with lots of stuff about story, cast, characters, etc.

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/airgear
Old 2006-04-11, 14:40   Link #71
DrewGSR

pretty weak first ep. lets hope its actually gets more interesting and better
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 16:23   Link #72
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I had mixed feelings about the first episode seeing as I am a reader of the manga. They went off the manga so much that I was disappointed with that, but I really enjoyed seeing Simca's entrance animated, along with the bath scene. Although what was with Ume, Ringo, and Mikan pulling a dbz light move for a fast attack?
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 16:27   Link #73
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Well I have to say I haven't enjoyed a first ep as much as this in a long time. For me it was pretty damn good.

PS. I do not read the manga, in fact I had never even heard of Air-Gear before today. So as an anime only viewer I have no reason to be disappointed at all. *Nice feeling*
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 16:55   Link #74
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Ep2 raw out.
Old 2006-04-11, 17:17   Link #75
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I love the character designs, but the story is ludicrously dumb. I'm kinda split on this one.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 18:42   Link #76
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, episode 2 seemed to be a bit better in terms of pacing. Still nowhere near as good as the manga or respecting the manga way of telling the story, but it's watchable.

Basically, they've covered chapters 5-8. The end of Scull Saders thing and the introduction of the Rez-Boa-Dogs.

Inuyama is still as lovable as ever and they generally stuck to the storyline. There were, however, differences.

Spoiler:

The first half was rather weak in the animation department (blurry picture, character designs off the format, poor sakuga and animation work, etc.), but the second half managed to improve on it and everything after the eyecatch looked decent.

Not crazy-good, mind you, but decent and watachble. I was somewhat disappointed by the unexplained absense of a lot of stuff (not just fanservice) and the inclusion of new weirdness that wasn't supposed to appear untill later, but they are still keeping to the general storyline (and I am usuing the word general quite liberally here). For the person who knows nothing about the manga, it should be alright, but others would be disappointed. Come to think of it, Tenjou Tenge followed the story much better. It was almost literal at times, while Air Gear omits quite a lot of stuff.

And it is quite delicious to watch Rie Tanaka in her perfect Meer-voice promising Ikki "presents". Her "gohoubi" trick works like magic. Too bad we aren't gonna see any Simca-fanservice. 8)

Next episode: the end of the Inuyama storyline, introduction of Parts War and Buccha.

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-04-11 at 18:52.
Old 2006-04-11, 20:22   Link #77
ayyo

Actually, Ikki and the rest are defiantely not 16+. I'm not sure if it should 13 or whatever, but manga readers should remember that how Gunz thing with the former leaders and how they were graduating from middle school, not high school.

I haven't seen the anime yet due to time restraints, but I think some of you are even harsher than normal on these manga->anime adaptations. You didnt even bother to give it a chance and decided to rip on it for stupid mistakes on your part like thinking they messed up so badly as to give Simca Rika's or Mikan's design. Cmon people, be less retarded.

Anyway, season of yuri/yaoi indeed. What I want to see is how they'll deal with Ikki's 'first'.

Edit- Oh, and remember how everyone insults Ikki calling him a idiotic middle schooler? He is defiantely not in the 16 range. Again, stop jumping off the ship.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 20:46   Link #78
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Just watched the first ep and that was more enough to kill any chances of me continuing to watch this anime. Really, reading the manga before this was created kind of ruins it bit but by god talk about making such messy adaption of story to the point you have all this stuff that occurs past like two volumes crammed into one implausible ep. Them cutting the more racier parts of the story was ok enough but they truly did something that nearly annoys me as much as the dumb ending for Tenjo Tenge. So in case you haven't figured it out already I'm just sticking with the manga. Looks like none of the manga Oh Great is the mangaka for ever gets that much love when adapted into an anime but hopefully he made a good bank off it.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 22:26   Link #79
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Just watched the first ep and that was more enough to kill any chances of me continuing to watch this anime. Really, reading the manga before this was created kind of ruins it bit but by god talk about making such messy adaption of story to the point you have all this stuff that occurs past like two volumes crammed into one implausible ep. Them cutting the more racier parts of the story was ok enough but they truly did something that nearly annoys me as much as the dumb ending for Tenjo Tenge. So in case you haven't figured it out already I'm just sticking with the manga. Looks like none of the manga Oh Great is the mangaka for ever gets that much love when adapted into an anime but hopefully he made a good bank off it.
Reasons I am very glad that I do not read Manga. If I did, I would have these high expectations for anime adaptaions and would have them shot down when it did not live up to them.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 22:41   Link #80
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

High expection? Is it too high an expection for an anime to stick the storyline of the manga rather than going all over the place? I just don't remember that many anime doing what occured in the first ep of Air Gear in comparison to the manga. I guess what you may call "high expectation" is just simply something sensible. Even with One Piece where it didn't exactly stick to the chronology of the manga at the beginning few first episodes, it at least was done in a fashion where we don't seem to an aimless mess that radically changes the specific occurence of events.

So if you are glad that all you go through is a messier, more boring version of the manga then I guess you enjoy sticking to only seeing an inferior version of something.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi