AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-13, 17:49   Link #21
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I was all for the brother abuse. He deserved it! Especially after that "Brother..brother" scene.

I liked Jirou. Not all vampires have to be like Alucard. It's refreshing to see a bishie vampire. When I saw Jirou and his brother, I was thinking that it's nice that they are aiming to include the female viewers too.
Old 2006-09-13, 18:02   Link #22
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
It's refreshing to see a bishie vampire.
You mean there aren't more than enough of them? ^^;; (Okay, maybe not in anime...)

Anyway, I watched the first episode and it was a huge letdown. Maybe I wasn't awake enough but it was so cliched and serious that I kept waiting for the moment when it revealed it was just a parody... and it didn't come, at least not in the first half (I fast-forwarded the second half). Jirou may have a beautiful voice (ahh, Sakurai Takahiro), but everything about him so far is cliche, except for his outfit which I personally found horrible. (It's like a crossover between Vampire Hunter D's D and Hellsing' Alucard, except there was a reason neither of these two wore an all-red outfit...)

Ah well, just my two cents.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 18:07   Link #23
orion

Maybe, he wears red because he's siding with the humans most of the time. His outfit could be a mix of period pieces. That blonde that was seen in flashback was wearing an older style of fashion too. Kotaro's wardrobe was period looking too. Cassa's wardrobe was modern looking.
Old 2006-09-13, 20:42   Link #24
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san
I'm totaly going to hell for saying this, but I laughed during the Bro-Abuse, I suppose it was for the most part deserved on the smaller one's part.
Not quite sure about the 3rd or 4th time, but it was funny, Tom and Jerry Violence always inokes a chuckle from me.
It wasn't just you - I was expecting something along the lines of the new Hellsing, when he reached out and smacked him around, iced tea came out of my nose.

It's hard for me to make a decision if I like it or not at this point - frequently an anime series is nothing like it seems to be after the first episode or so. But it was amusing at the least.
Old 2006-09-13, 21:56   Link #25
barnardeep

i got a question, is the 2nd half of the episode supposed to take place before or after the first scenes of the anime?
barnardeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 22:30   Link #26
saravis

Good show so far. The action was pretty solid, more so than Hellsing. There was some character presentation, like how you came to understand the two brothers' relationship and they had hints of a past close connection between the one villian woman and Jirou. Personally I didn't find anything wrong with Jirou's outfit, a little strange, but not irritatingly so. This definitely has potential, I'll be keeping up on this one. (So long as it doesn't end up like Hellsing.)
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 01:06   Link #27
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnardeep
i got a question, is the 2nd half of the episode supposed to take place before or after the first scenes of the anime?
That would be depressing if the series was an extreme flashback starting with the second 1/2 of episode 1 (boat scenes) leading up to the first 1/2 of episode 1 (fight in the city). Of course, then I'd like it even more.
Old 2006-09-15, 02:54   Link #28
silverorange

I definitly enjoyed that first episode more than I thought I would.

The credits theme song was interesting, I havn't seen many animes with theme songs in Korean. Does anyone know who sings the end theme?
silverorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 06:02   Link #29
Fort Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverorange
I definitly enjoyed that first episode more than I thought I would.

The credits theme song was interesting, I havn't seen many animes with theme songs in Korean. Does anyone know who sings the end theme?

Loveholic

Someone correct me if I am mistaken.

Oh yeah I enjoyed the first episode!!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-09-16 at 01:48.
Fort Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 13:13   Link #30
Seyluun

The main character stole I-No's hat. Apart from this, i found that all the old cliches they used to make this guy looks cool failed miserably, at least for me.
Seyluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 15:28   Link #31
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ooh i liked the first ep so far...the fighting was animated quite well and intense
yep bro abuse is insane but we can all see that Jiro cares for his little bro...
the OP and ED song is quite catchy too...
question...is the ED song korean?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 15:46   Link #32
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
ah, good.. at first I though ED was bad english XD
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 16:20   Link #33
silverorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
ooh i liked the first ep so far...the fighting was animated quite well and intense
yep bro abuse is insane but we can all see that Jiro cares for his little bro...
the OP and ED song is quite catchy too...
question...is the ED song korean?
Yes the ED song is korean. The name of the song is Mirage by Loveholic for those who are interested.
silverorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 16:35   Link #34
Archaenon

I've been looking into BBB for awhile now. I was skeptical at first. My wait paid off though , but i need to watch more eps to make a descision.
I liked it , being a huge hellsing fan , it reminded me alot of it. I like the fist ep so far. Might be one I have to keep an eye on.

I did make a LJ comm , if anyones interested.
http://community.livejournal.com/blackbbrothers/
Archaenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 17:06   Link #35
guess

If this is not licensed, why is the promo in English? This is not "black samuri," is it?

Last edited by guest; 2006-09-15 at 22:40.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 19:41   Link #36
Eldritchreality

I for one thought his outfit was genius. He looks like a red mage, it pretty much hits all my geek buttons.

The opening had a guitar solo, and was otherwise also pretty metal.

So he is an Iaido J-metal Bishi Red-Mage Vampire!

This is clearly win.

The only way he loses is by not being Hazuki, but since every other anime character but one suffers from the same deficiency I think I can let him off this time.

-----------------------------
My anime reviews wiki:
www.eldritchreality.homelinux.net/wiki/
Eldritchreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 14:02   Link #37
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just watched the first epi and I think this has potenial. AS stated above it is nice to see a bishie vamp but what's with the hat o__o I love the ED to this!! I hope nipponsei posts it soon!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 21:26   Link #38
Yashiro

Though not spectacular, it was an enjoyable first episode nonetheless. I liked the outfit, and the brother-abuse scenes were very amusing. I'll keep watching for another couple episodes, at least.
Yashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 22:24   Link #39
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
It wasn't spectacular, alright, but a very promising one. What's interesting is that the ending's in Korean, and that despite its foreboding name and theme about vampires, they never failed to show us a bit of humor now and then to ease up the tension and to better tell us the relationship between characters.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 07:53   Link #40
declan
Paranoid Android

I think it's alright. We'll just wait and see what happens... Seems promising thus far. Good voice acting too
declan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, shounen