Send a message via MSN to Hoshi_Kawa
Just watched the first ep, and I thought it was good, seems kinda rushed... =/

Spoiler:
Hoshi_Kawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 19:19   Link #202
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Episode 2 by SHS is out....(Am I late on this huh? )

will grab it later
Old 2007-04-24, 21:21   Link #203
Archmagination2002

Nice.. I particularly liked Ren talking about the "Contractor" and wondering if his brother is one.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 22:23   Link #204
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Glad to see episode 2 subbed.

Spoiler for Episode2:

Think I'll borrow one of those avies if that's alright.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 22:52   Link #205
myopius

Hot.

Spoiler for Thoughts on this episode (2) & next one's preview:

What I like about the action is that rather than having fire and wind move like water through space--for instance, a column of fire gushing towards an opponent, or a mini-tornado like a whirpool spinning at the enemy--you have wind move like it should, as violent often-unconcentrated slices, and fire move like it should, in violent bursts like a sudden jet of the flame dancing forward into the opponent.
Old 2007-04-24, 23:33   Link #206
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts on this episode (2) & next one's preview:
Spoiler for ep. 2:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 00:02   Link #207
ZODDGUTS

Ep 3 was alright but I was hoping the battle between
Spoiler:

The music in this series is still crappy and forgetful yeah I think it's that bad. Ayano is still too hotheaded loud mouth god I hope her tone calms down but it seems she's going to stay that hotheaded loud mouth type of character throught out the series.

I'm sticking with this series mainly because of Kazuma really like his character. Hoping the battles would be better in the next episode.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 02:18   Link #208
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I'm totally into this series because of Kazuma. He's not hot-headed, and is very mature. I've been waiting for a character like this, for quite some time. I guess since I turned 27 two months ago, I can't stand the teenage angsters anymore. They start getting on my nerves.
Old 2007-04-25, 03:22   Link #209
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm totally into this series because of Kazuma. He's not hot-headed, and is very mature. I've been waiting for a character like this, for quite some time. I guess since I turned 27 two months ago, I can't stand the teenage angsters anymore. They start getting on my nerves.
Agreed. Too many shows have emo and angsty leads nowadays, and it's nice to see a male lead who is sure of himself and can actually back up his talk. *thumbs up*

On another note, seeing your avatar and signature I notice Kazuma's GAR potential. He and Archer have got that expression nailed.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 05:16   Link #210
Jaden

Was funny how the hotel is attacked, it shakes a little and Kazuma calmly states "Some idiot has sliced the hotel in half."
My reaction when watching that was something like wow, that's a pretty quick conclusion based on your psychic powers and demolitionary sixth sense made from inside the building where you can't see anything. and it's okay to be at least a little nervous in such a situation even if you're the always cool and unnaturally calm anime hero, oi...

and when the building is falling apart, Ayano takes out the sword and is like "oh yeah, bring it on!!" that's just ridiculous, sheesh! why not just run away like a normal person?
Old 2007-04-25, 05:49   Link #211
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Was funny how the hotel is attacked, it shakes a little and Kazuma calmly states "Some idiot has sliced the hotel in half."
My reaction when watching that was something like wow, that's a pretty quick conclusion based on your psychic powers and demolitionary sixth sense made from inside the building where you can't see anything. and it's okay to be at least a little nervous in such a situation even if you're the always cool and unnaturally calm anime hero, oi...
Actually, it looks like it was a wind ability that cut the hotel in half, and with Kazuma being a wind user, it would only make sense if he could sense how the wind moved or whatever. And since when did not keeping your cool ever get anything good done?

Quote:
and when the building is falling apart, Ayano takes out the sword and is like "oh yeah, bring it on!!" that's just ridiculous, sheesh! why not just run away like a normal person?
As opposed to making an attempt to outrun said falling building (which I think we can agree is futile given that it's a falling building, and even if the building itself doesn't get her the debris flying all over the place from the impact will), I'd say she made the right choice blowing a hole in it, making it like a cup landing upside-down on a coin.
Old 2007-04-25, 07:03   Link #212
Susanou
.Enforcer

Seems the sub is finally out, dowloading right now ^^

I don't have much to add to the discussion since it's mainly a repeat of what I've said before. I'll wait for episode 3 I guess
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 10:48   Link #213
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually, it looks like it was a wind ability that cut the hotel in half, and with Kazuma being a wind user, it would only make sense if he could sense how the wind moved or whatever. And since when did not keeping your cool ever get anything good done?
and also keeping a cool head makes him look super awesome! (not many characters are able to do that from what ive seen so its was refreshing to not see him running around an panic)
Quote:
As opposed to making an attempt to outrun said falling building (which I think we can agree is futile given that it's a falling building, and even if the building itself doesn't get her the debris flying all over the place from the impact will), I'd say she made the right choice blowing a hole in it, making it like a cup landing upside-down on a coin.
and im quite surprised that she actually thought that she would be able to hold back a falling building and also succeeding

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 12:21   Link #214
passenger

it was in overal a good episode and things moving fast which i like. still i agree with some people above that the fight between kazuma and his old man could have been better. in the ending sequence there is a girl who is not animated yet. (the brunette one at 22:47 in SHS version). Who is she? I hope this one wont turn into a harem type.
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 12:36   Link #215
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
Agreed. Too many shows have emo and angsty leads nowadays, and it's nice to see a male lead who is sure of himself and can actually back up his talk. *thumbs up*
Same here, one of the main reasons why I watch KnS!

Just watched ep 2, I thought it was a good one, the fight with his father could have been better, but action in ep 3 seems promising.
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 13:42   Link #216
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I guess when a building is falling towards you something has to be done. No way to outrun it at that point. Just lucky that she could burn enough of the building so she wouldn't be crushed on impact. Really goes to show that hot headed idiots will always find a way to survive these situations.

Times like this I feel bad for anyone inside of the building. Your either dying from impact or being roasted.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 13:50   Link #217
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, ep2 was definitely better than the 1st one imo. Only thing i thought could have been better was the fight between Kazuma and his old man. It ended in a "meh" kinda way. I Like Kazuma... for once we have a guy who knows how to keep a cool head >.<

Ayano seems pretty much like a brat who is going to get her wake-up call the next ep, and will be forced to work with Kazuma

While ep1 was kinda disappointing, ep2 was definitely good. I hope it keeps up.
Old 2007-04-25, 14:57   Link #218
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, Kazuma sure knows how to act --- he's the perfect male role if you ask me. I agree that the fight between him and his father could have more to it, though i'm happy with what was given. Gotta love Ren though, he'll be the deciding character in all of this. :3

As for Ayano, i like her --- she's cute, and has a grudge against Kazuma that is only just a misunderstanding. Looking forward to see what else we can get from her.
Old 2007-04-25, 14:59   Link #219
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As for Ayano, i like her --- she's cute, and has a grudge against Kazuma that is only just a misunderstanding. Looking forward to see what else we can get from her.
Lots of Tsunderism and love/hate relationship with Kazuma ?
Old 2007-04-25, 15:00   Link #220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Lots of Tsunderism and love/hate relationship with Kazuma ?
Probably --- know thats something i look forward to seeing. :3

Tags
fantasy, shounen