Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 20:22   Link #81
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Superhero
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 20:36   Link #82
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Images
Superhero
That's suffocating.
Old 2013-03-05, 23:19   Link #83
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
That's suffocating.
I'm not gonna lie.. my cold shriveled heart beat, once, and then was again silent.
Old 2013-03-06, 05:47   Link #84
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Images
Superhero
Kid. Your Dad was always a SuperHero.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:07   Link #85
willx
Nyaaan~~

Old 2013-03-07, 02:56   Link #86
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

"awwww, he calls her Tikiwiki @6:05"
also, dont watch if you dont want a little spoiler.
YouTube
Old 2013-03-10, 05:12   Link #87
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

My apologies from linking this to an NSFW site, but the content isn't. Still, this is what I am posting; I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Fixed. Link is here.

Koe No Katachi, a.k.a Shape Of Voice

And the author apparently is the same one as that of Mardock Scramble.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-03-10 at 05:37.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 05:25   Link #88
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

cih saintess can you at least search it in google

http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics...-katachi-r8436

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 05:28   Link #89
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
cih saintess can you at least search it in google

http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics...-katachi-r8436
It seems to be blocked on my ISP. Can't get it to load and got a 404.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-10, 05:30   Link #90
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Singapore block batoto?

http://www.mediafire.com/?956t1av27l0zzle

download ver

Old 2013-03-10, 05:31   Link #91
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Singapore block batoto?

http://www.mediafire.com/?956t1av27l0zzle

download ver
Well I got a 404. My smartphone can't seem to read it either.

I am not sure if download links are allowed on this forum.

EDIT : Nevermind. Got both fixed by clearing the cookies and restarting browser. Link changed.

Old 2013-03-10, 05:37   Link #92
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well I got a 404. My smartphone can't seem to read it either.

I am not sure if download links are allowed on this forum.

EDIT : Nevermind. Got both fixed by clearing the cookies and restarting browser. Link changed.
is not Licensed

Old 2013-03-10, 07:14   Link #93
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It's more of a tearjerker then a aww, unless you go "aww" when you see people being bullied.

That being said, thanks for sharing.
Old 2013-03-10, 07:17   Link #94
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It's more of a tearjerker then a aww, unless you go "aww" when you see people being bullied.

Actually when he said through sign language "Can we be together", that was so sweet.

Old 2013-03-10, 08:49   Link #95
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
My apologies from linking this to an NSFW site, but the content isn't. Still, this is what I am posting; I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Fixed. Link is here.

Koe No Katachi, a.k.a Shape Of Voice

And the author apparently is the same one as that of Mardock Scramble.
You know SaintessHeart, despite your loliconism and hatred of yaoi/fujoshi fandom, you really have a good choice in manga.

Koe No Katachi, a.k.a Shape Of Voice is truly a emotionally punching manga. The way it deals with bullying stroke a chord with me since i too am a victim of bullying. The manga really shows how the class bully the character Nishimiya due to the fact she's deaf and their ignorance and how to they treated her.

One thing that impress me was the character progressing on the male lead, Ishida. Like the rest of the class, Ishida bullied Nishimiya and is unable to understand her, joining his classmates in tormenting her and blaming her for whats happening to her, believing if she could talk, none of this would have happen. However, the tables turn when the school gets wind that someone is bullying Nishimiya including taking away her hearing aid, the class decide the blame the whole thing on him, despite the fact they too were involved as well. Ishida becomes the class clown to the newest bullied victim which Ishida in time finally understand how Nishimiya feels and realizes he was a jerk to her since Nishimiya was trying to talk with him using sign language and her notebook but he refused to understand her.

It is only after five years when they reunite, Ishida has changed including learning sign language so he can finally tell Nishimiya he's sorry for what he did to her. And the heartwarming thing was she accepted his apology and be friends with him. Awww.

I like these kinds of manga that aren't afraid to show issues that most mainstream manga won't do since i read the editors almost refuse to publish this one-shot due to it's subject matter and until they finally relent.

Truly a read for everyone and the best part is i just learned that the manga is getting a serialization!
Old 2013-03-10, 09:06   Link #96
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

the ending is "aww"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

Truly a read for everyone and the best part is i just learned that the manga is getting a serialization!
yeah I heard that. I just wonder how they handle it. It will be soul crushing manga at first which may hated by people

Old 2013-03-10, 10:19   Link #97
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
You know SaintessHeart, despite your loliconism and hatred of yaoi/fujoshi fandom, you really have a good choice in manga.

Koe No Katachi, a.k.a Shape Of Voice is truly a emotionally punching manga. The way it deals with bullying stroke a chord with me since i too am a victim of bullying. The manga really shows how the class bully the character Nishimiya due to the fact she's deaf and their ignorance and how to they treated her.

One thing that impress me was the character progressing on the male lead, Ishida. Like the rest of the class, Ishida bullied Nishimiya and is unable to understand her, joining his classmates in tormenting her and blaming her for whats happening to her, believing if she could talk, none of this would have happen. However, the tables turn when the school gets wind that someone is bullying Nishimiya including taking away her hearing aid, the class decide the blame the whole thing on him, despite the fact they too were involved as well. Ishida becomes the class clown to the newest bullied victim which Ishida in time finally understand how Nishimiya feels and realizes he was a jerk to her since Nishimiya was trying to talk with him using sign language and her notebook but he refused to understand her.

It is only after five years when they reunite, Ishida has changed including learning sign language so he can finally tell Nishimiya he's sorry for what he did to her. And the heartwarming thing was she accepted his apology and be friends with him. Awww.

I like these kinds of manga that aren't afraid to show issues that most mainstream manga won't do since i read the editors almost refuse to publish this one-shot due to it's subject matter and until they finally relent.

Bullying is pretty normal in any school. I was a victim and loner throughout middle school(that is for 4 whole fucking years), and the school counsellor once tried to have an asylum stick a "suicidal-homicidal disorder" tag to my name after I told them the formula for ANFO in a slip of a tongue and my plans to blow out the principal's office, but my parents begged with him stating that it would destroy my future because Singapore is a society made up of people lacking in reasoning ability.

I don't blame them, because being of low education levels, they didn't know that low EQ and dyslexia is not curable by any amount of caning and scolding. And in any fast-paced society, a population without reasoning capability will develop the "don't bog me down" grudge mentality as they try to survive in the rat race. Of course, disabled people will naturally bog down the rest of society, so they were bullied as a process of "forced integration".

Many motivational speakers compound the problem by selling fake hopes and promises, resulting in an even worse scenario because one of their methods to motivate a person is teaching them "ignorance is bliss". So what happens to these victims? They either become incredibly strong-headed, oblivious to death, and viciously independent and anti-teamwork; or they simply commit suicide. And if they become successful, it is always the prospect of ego and vengeance towards the rest of society that sees them as second-rate citizens, resulting in them turning into the bullies they once loathed.

I do have sympathy with both the male and female leads; I constantly had my belongings destroyed in school, AND the non-leading bullies often deny involvement in order to save their own skins; so do "friends" who talk to me but stay far away when I am being picked on, because they want to "stick with the crowd". Sure it prepared me for "society", but injustice is something you can never get used to, you just become become better at biting the bullet.

The manga probably won't be as popular because of Haganai; the premise of the story will be pretty much the same without the comedy elements. And I don't think it will be sufficiently conveyed by the author because having spent 2-3 years working with disabled children in a soccer and badminton team, each disability will result in a certain fixed set of behaviour he/she operates in, something I still can only barely grasp at the basics. It will take a truly deaf author to be able to project the real pains of living through ostracism.

Still, Shouko looks lolicious. I am taking her home. And since she is deaf, I will communcate with her through touch - *gets tasered*

Old 2013-03-10, 10:25   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Oh thank god for that last sentence; for a moment there I thought you were gravely ill after eating something bad...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 10:30   Link #99
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^
Oh thank god for that last sentence; for a moment there I thought you were gravely ill after eating something bad...
You DO realise that my clownish behaviour is just one of my personas right?

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-03-10 at 10:41.
Old 2013-03-10, 10:39   Link #100
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^
same, I thought someone brainwash him

Quote:
You DO realise that my clownish behaviour is just one of my personas right?
is your other persona is yaoi fanboy?

Tags
cute