AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 14:54   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Character Discussion - Suzaku

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Suzaku related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Code Geass fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 18:31   Link #2
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
personally he's a pretty complicate character, i think it's hard to really understand his thinking.

but when contrast with lulu, his convictions seem to pale in comparison.

His notable hypocritical statements seems to stick out like sore thumbs and i think that is why a number of people hate him for these.
Old 2008-04-09, 18:32   Link #3
UltimateClash

He seems more like Lelouch now.....more sadistic.
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 18:34   Link #4
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateClash View Post
He seems more like Lelouch now.....more sadistic.
?? i don't think so. i think he has just become more realistic.
Old 2008-04-09, 18:34   Link #5
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Lelouch isn't all that sadistic nor would I say that Suzaku is either. Suzaku is certainly one of the most complicated characters in this show and a good opposite to Lelouch.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:16   Link #6
_DaViD_
~(=ω=.)~

i think he tries to look "badass" now and dont care about japan since Euphie's death
but maybe the plot can have a twist, thats why i love code geass u cant know what the characters are thinking
_DaViD_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:34   Link #7
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Edit: I put this image in spoiler even those it isn't since most people just got a shorter preview than they were supposed too.

Dragging your friend in a Britannia prison suit by his hair to the feet of the person he hates the most might not be sadistic yet, but I think it's just a sample of what we can expect from Suzaku this season.

Last edited by Blue_Mercy; 2008-04-09 at 19:55.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:42   Link #8
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, this is just with Lelouch and probably any of his enemies I guess.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-09, 19:43   Link #9
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Unlike most people, I don't hate Suzaku. I'm indifferent towards him and I've actually been quite impressed with his character more than once in the series. However, if somehow by the grace of the devil he gets together with Kallen, then no more. All the combined hatred of all the Suzaku haters in the world will not equal 1/10th of the hate I would have for him if that happened.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:44   Link #10
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That's a silly reason to hate someone. Besides, the plot won't allow since it would require way too much to happen and a lot of change on either Suzaku or Kallen's part.

Old 2008-04-09, 19:47   Link #11
-Breakthrough-

I dont hate Suzaku either. Its just...as others mentioned, he's pretty complicated, but he's always been neutral on my side.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:09   Link #12
deathkelsey

The only problem I had with Suzaku was the fact that through the entire first season he keeps talking about changing the empire from the inside without even realizing that in order to do that he would have to convince the emperor who to me dosent seem like the kinda guy who wants to stop the oppression he helped create. But hopefully this new jaded heartbroken Suzaku will be less annoying.
deathkelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:18   Link #13
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkelsey View Post
The only problem I had with Suzaku was the fact that through the entire first season he keeps talking about changing the empire from the inside without even realizing that in order to do that he would have to convince the emperor who to me dosent seem like the kinda guy who wants to stop the oppression he helped create. But hopefully this new jaded heartbroken Suzaku will be less annoying.
That's the thing--I don't think he himself believed in it when he was spouting off that crap. It was simply a way for him to justify his life in the height of his madness. It was a fantastical lie that he told himself over and over again until Euphie came along and actually offered to turn his lie into reality. And if he could help Euphie make that come true, then he can absolve himself for pulling the wool over his own eyes for the past seven years, right? Right?

(The last bit was sarcasm, if it wasn't clear enough.)
TheRainbowConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 21:47   Link #14
noodlemeister
Nina must Die

Spoiler for If the following is true:

Then he's just short sighted because that won't change much. People under oppression, no matter how non-violent it is, will always want freedom, and Suzaku can't see that. He also seems to be an arrogant fool who thinks he can bring happiness to everyone on his own.

Btw, I don't hate him, he means to help but just does it in a wrong way. At least from my pov.
noodlemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 21:50   Link #15
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I haven't heard anything regarding that. Sounds like speculation to me.

Old 2008-04-09, 22:24   Link #16
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I haven't heard anything regarding that. Sounds like speculation to me.
No it came through the spoilers talking about the Knights of the Round (With the corresponding magazines). Though I can't find it anymore now that it's been dug in deep.

Quote:
People under oppression, no matter how non-violent it is, will always want freedom, and Suzaku can't see that. He also seems to be an arrogant fool who thinks he can bring happiness to everyone on his own.
Well the Japanese were content enough to have their own region within Area 11 made up by Euphie.

In this case it'll be under Suzaku himself though they'll still be discontent and distrust there so he would have a long way to go to make it a better place.

And don't forget, he's a knight of the Emperor. To go against Suzaku would be the equivalent of opposing the Emperor (Which no one would dare).
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 22:26   Link #17
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Really? First I heard of it. I'm rather surprised actually.

Old 2008-04-09, 22:27   Link #18
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
No it came through the spoilers talking about the Knights of the Round (With the corresponding magazines). Though I can't find it anymore now that it's been dug in deep.
picture or it didn't happen.

Old 2008-04-09, 22:29   Link #19
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

SoD wouldn't make something like this up. There was a large article about the Knights a while back, so I'd trust it to be true.

Old 2008-04-09, 22:34   Link #20
scifijimmy

As far as Suzuku changing the empire internally is false hope and always was due to his Eminence the Emperor. Never really seemed possible with Euphie alive, and I don't think it's on his mind now. As far as stopping him from killing Lelouch, only a LOOONNNG talk with C.C. can avert that.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote