AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 63 45.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 32.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 12.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-24, 00:13   Link #61
Evy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
OH COME ON! As if Queen Blade was not enough on that field. Personally all stakes ARE MY ENEMIES! I seriously HATE SATANIC STUFF! This is one of many.
Other than that the subs might clarify some other things until then.

BTW these are all my enemies in real life. Also I wonder if someone will get rid of them in the course of the anime?
lol, methinks someone is taking a fictional story a wee bit too seriously.

Moving on, my thoughts:

Spoiler for Just in case.:

Nearly a copypasta of what I wrote on lj.
Old 2009-09-24, 00:50   Link #62
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evy View Post
Loads of shit QUALITY animation
Mabye Rosa had the ability to make her arm go through fences when she was younger.
Old 2009-09-24, 01:09   Link #63
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
That would be something to find out when this is over. After all haste makes waste but I certainly will hate her (Beatrice) if she tries anything on Bernkastel
I find this funny...for many reasons. Not the least of which is that Berkastel is a witch just like Beatrice. Also while it doesn't fit Bern, consider the naming conventions for Beatrice and her furniture. Beatrice's furniture are named for demons, though it would seem that the stakes are more the punishment for said sins, a rather Christian concept. Ronove is a demon name, though he's so far not shown much for it...aside from his "face is too close" with Battler (I love the voice actor irony in the choice of those two). And then there is Beatrice. Just what is her name origin? She's no demon. It is a Christian name. "holly, saint"
Old 2009-09-24, 01:19   Link #64
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

It'd be for the best if avoid discussion about religion in here in my honest opinion.
Old 2009-09-24, 02:36   Link #65
sora1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I find this funny...for many reasons. Not the least of which is that Berkastel is a witch just like Beatrice. Also while it doesn't fit Bern, consider the naming conventions for Beatrice and her furniture. Beatrice's furniture are named for demons, though it would seem that the stakes are more the punishment for said sins, a rather Christian concept. Ronove is a demon name, though he's so far not shown much for it...aside from his "face is too close" with Battler (I love the voice actor irony in the choice of those two). And then there is Beatrice. Just what is her name origin? She's no demon. It is a Christian name. "holly, saint"
The mistake here is using Christianity to identify the "demons" because these demons are different demons before Christianity came along. I think it would be misleading to think it that way. Beatrice was not really a Christian name; I would rather call it a borrowed language. It is because Latin is associated with Christianity that the name became a "Christian name". If you take out the Christianity from that, it would be nothing more than a Latin name. Just to quote;

Beatrice is a name derived from the Latin name Beatrix. It is a feminine form of the late Latin name Viator which meant "voyager, traveler". It was also a common name amongst early Christians, though the spelling was altered by association with the Latin beatus, meaning "blessed"

My source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrice_(given_name)
Old 2009-09-24, 02:39   Link #66
Vega Lyra
<Congratulations>!!!!
*Artist

The noise in this thread aside, I quite liked this episode. The sentiments were a bit more obvious. I liked it, I liked it...
Old 2009-09-24, 04:14   Link #67
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora1412 View Post
The mistake here is using Christianity to identify the "demons" because these demons are different demons before Christianity came along. I think it would be misleading to think it that way. Beatrice was not really a Christian name; I would rather call it a borrowed language. It is because Latin is associated with Christianity that the name became a "Christian name". If you take out the Christianity from that, it would be nothing more than a Latin name. Just to quote;

Beatrice is a name derived from the Latin name Beatrix. It is a feminine form of the late Latin name Viator which meant "voyager, traveler". It was also a common name amongst early Christians, though the spelling was altered by association with the Latin beatus, meaning "blessed"

My source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrice_(given_name)
WOW, really. Very informative, well then here is to mindfuck literally. As if Japan did not do this well enough in things such as Higurashi and Chaoshead already.
My opinion on this is that this series is a mind screw up already anyways. Good point though.
Old 2009-09-24, 05:14   Link #68
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Seems like DEEN and Ryukishi did insist to make Ep3 fantastic at maybe the expense of the previous 2 episodes. Whether or not the sacrifice is justified really depends at the end of this arc though.

The Raw I'm basing this off of wasn't too good but decent enough.

The Bad:

1. I'm almost pretty sure one of the Red Text BRonove was supposed to say was missing. He was supposed to say three and said only two.

Spoiler for Bronove's Red Text Spoilers for Ep13:

The Good:

1. Again like the previous episode, tighly paced and produced. Rosa's history with Beatrice is paced well and they cut out the conversations that would have made it longer than it needed to have been. The events of the first twilight was evenly spaced leading up to the rather infamous transformation of Mackerel herself.

2. I liked the first twilight. Kinzo's maddening laughter as burns to a crisp was well done. Shannon and Kanon's resistance to death was also very well done if rather anticlimactic thanks to Genji. By comparison Gohda's death ala soup pot was rather lame.

3. If you ask me, Umineko was having a severe lack of ass-nee-chans and boobs, so I heartily approve of Kanon's precise attempts to conveniently disrobe Lucifer. Honestly I sort of wish they extended a little the sisters mocking Luci as a indication of her injured Pride but I guess that's asking for a lot (or at least let Mammon speak to satisfy the Mammon fanboy inside me). It was at least great to finally see all of them at once in a single episode. Kanon and Shannon naturally didn't have a chance in hell of surviving.

4. Lots of BRonove lines and Sugita's doing a pretty good job so far.

5. Also yes, VN player's assumptions confirmed at the semi-cliffhanger ending. Given the relative rise in quality and pacing DEEN has put into Ep3, this was an excellent ending as a connection to the next episode. Assuming DEEN continues this trend, episode 14 has a possibility of being abso-fucking-lutely mindblowing (it is of course my second favorite scene of Ep3).
Old 2009-09-24, 09:26   Link #69
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Seems like DEEN and Ryukishi did insist to make Ep3 fantastic at maybe the expense of the previous 2 episodes. Whether or not the sacrifice is justified really depends at the end of this arc though.

The Raw I'm basing this off of wasn't too good but decent enough.

The Bad:

1. I'm almost pretty sure one of the Red Text BRonove was supposed to say was missing. He was supposed to say three and said only two.

Spoiler for Bronove's Red Text Spoilers for Ep13:
I'm sure the red text thread will go into more detail, but the only red text lines removed from this episode were one that referred to a scene not shown in the anime (a scene I'm sad to miss...), and one that's completely redundant.

Also, for some reason, Beatrice said:
Spoiler for red text:

The rest of the red text was almost word-for-word identical to the game, something that almost never happened in the EP2 adaptation.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-09-24, 09:52   Link #70
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I'm assuming it might be Ryukishi confirming that maybe there's no real difference between the two words considering the debate on the semantics of this red that is admittedly one of the bigger debates on the use of the red, that in terms of the red in means the same thing. That said, maybe he's telling us that it's pointless to debate semantics because what he means is already there?
Old 2009-09-24, 12:13   Link #71
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well I'm assuming it might be Ryukishi confirming that maybe there's no real difference between the two words considering the debate on the semantics of this red that is admittedly one of the bigger debates on the use of the red, that in terms of the red in means the same thing. That said, maybe he's telling us that it's pointless to debate semantics because what he means is already there?
Let's move all this to the spoiler thread...

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-09-24, 17:34   Link #72
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
What's ironic about it?
Battler's VA is Daisuke Ono, the same guy who voiced Itsuki Koizumi in Suzumiya Haruhi.
Ronove's VA is Tomokazu Sugita, the same guy who voiced Kyon in Suzumiya Haruhi.
I don't think I need to explain the irony much further than that.
Old 2009-09-24, 17:34   Link #73
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Irony in the sense of an "unintended connection".

Battler and Rovone share voice actors with Haruhi's Itsuki and Kyon. The way the roles are handled in the relationship between the two is seemingly reversed, where as Itsuki (played by Battler's actor Ono Daisuki) tends to get uncomforably close to Kyon's personal space, Rovone (played by Kyon's actor Sugita Tomokazu) also tends to get uncomfortably close to Battler's personal space.
Old 2009-09-24, 18:19   Link #74
ameskitty
Kupo

Guys, PLEASE don't point out spoilers where there might otherwise not necessarily be one. If you want to be nice, send a PM.

Plus it makes it even more of a spoiler when something vague like that is identified as a spoiler (if it is indeed a spoiler in the first place) .
Old 2009-09-24, 19:27   Link #75
becky-chan
i smell tasty nom noms..

Are the subs out yet?I realllyyy want to watch this episode,tried watching it raw,but quit after the first 2 minutes.
Old 2009-09-24, 19:52   Link #76
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
Yeah, I'm also waiting for the subs... Anyone have a download link?
Don't ask for torrents on this site.

There's no subs yet from what I can see.
Old 2009-09-24, 19:55   Link #77
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Sorry... =.=
Old 2009-09-24, 20:56   Link #78
June 1983

I'd recommend that people who find themselves looking for subs every week and asking for links, you should look at the episodes you have and find out the name of the subbing group, and then google for their website so you can check for updates.
Old 2009-09-24, 21:18   Link #79
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
GGsubs, the group that is the fastest at releasing subbed episodes, delayed it... because they were being attacked by furries in an MMO all day. No really, its on there site. So... I guess within the next 2 days it'll be out, unless they try and fight those furries back.....
Old 2009-09-24, 21:21   Link #80
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Is "forums.animesuki.com" completely unrelated to "animesuki.com/series.php"?
If not, why the ban on discussing torrents?
Closed Thread