AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-09, 03:01   Link #421
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

God i hope the vampire element is alot better!

And i want alot more brotherhood missions!! Oblivion lost its appeal to me after i completed those missions
Old 2011-11-09, 05:25   Link #422
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
So you're pirating it? ........
If he pirated it, why would he install it during midnight on it's release? He would install it right now, and play (if there was crack available).

If only the game didn't cost so much on Steam I'd save myself trouble and buy it from there instead of the midnight sale .. :x
Old 2011-11-09, 05:42   Link #423
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
So you're pirating it? ........
Its a steam pre-load. If there is a crack before 11/11 I will be more than happy to give it a shot: my chaotic alignment irl just want to start the game asap: which, tbh, prob goes to everyone who are willing to go for a midnight launch/have also opt to pre-load. The game shops (+ bestbuy) around where I live are not doing midnight launches for Skyrim (they did for MW3 though): they prob feel terrible making the mall security work overtime two days in the same week.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 08:03   Link #424
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh, the whole "Downloaded the disk image" sounded like a torrented game ISO my bad, i was really tired at that time. I would have gotten the Steam version if I wasn't paranoid that my steam account is hacked some how. so I'm getting the disk instead.

Damn it.. no matter how much sleep i wake up sooo tired ... what is wrong with me?! this better not happen thrusday night...

EDIT: LOL! I just got a email sayin i'm in the SW:TOR beta, but it only lasts till the 13th starting from the 11th of november -_- Screw you bioware!
Old 2011-11-09, 10:05   Link #425
Dist

^You might want to read what it says on the product page where you bought it. Skyrim is STEAMWORKS game. It will NOT work without Steam. You will have to connect it to Steam and play it through there even if you have a DVD.

Ps. Just create new steam account.
Old 2011-11-09, 13:02   Link #426
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

As the game is legally on sale in Holland
I bought it already this morning

Registered it on Steam but still unable to install it because "This game hasn't been released yet"
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 13:16   Link #427
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Stupid steamworks. I want to play.

But me wanting to play now aside, I do hate the entire idea of this system. What's the purpose of me buying a game retail if I'm going to have to download it anyway? I buy games retail to avoid having to download them.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 14:14   Link #428
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Stupid steamworks. I want to play.

But me wanting to play now aside, I do hate the entire idea of this system. What's the purpose of me buying a game retail if I'm going to have to download it anyway? I buy games retail to avoid having to download them.
Most of the game data is on the retail disc (Steam decrypts it upon installation and adds an executable file), so you do save bandwidth if that's a concern......

Aside from that, there's not a lot of benefit to getting the retail version unless you collect physical media, which many people still like to do. Personally, I don't like the fact that access to the game hinges on whether a service is still around, but there are still worse forms of DRM out there.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 14:19   Link #429
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That's... hardly what it's doing, it's literally sending me to steam to download the game.

And it's not so much the DRM that bothers me, but more the fact that it pretty much negates the purpose of me buying a DVD. Plus, steam downloads can be slow at times, so an install that would have taken me 15 or 20 minutes tops suddenly takes an entire day because the game files still need to be downloaded.
Old 2011-11-09, 15:07   Link #430
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

2 days for Skyrim here. Sadly nobody at my school is excited or pumped up about it, since they are too busy playing Modern Warfare III
Old 2011-11-09, 15:12   Link #431
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
2 days for Skyrim here. Sadly nobody at my school is excited or pumped up about it, since they are too busy playing Modern Warfare III
Between BF3, MW3, skyrim... the gaming industry really don't want gamers to enjoy some sunlight before snow falls... Meanwhile the hardware industry is laughing out loud as I helped 3 of my friends upgrade their existing computers in just the past month.

Debating whether I should go dual wield or 2 handed... not that many games get DWing "right" and skyrim's system is going to be quite unique...
Old 2011-11-09, 15:14   Link #432
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Oh yes, November is the perfect month to destroy everyone's social life. Making them go into hibernation during the Winter. Nice strategy gaming companies. Skyrim will make hardware stores become rich like you said with computer upgrades
Old 2011-11-09, 15:29   Link #433
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Oh yes, November is the perfect month to destroy everyone's social life. Making them go into hibernation during the Winter. Nice strategy gaming companies. Skyrim will make hardware stores become rich like you said with computer upgrades
Oh not to mention Thailand allow itself to be flooded so hard drive prices skyrockets. This is a big conspiracy.
Old 2011-11-09, 16:37   Link #434
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^You might want to read what it says on the product page where you bought it. Skyrim is STEAMWORKS game. It will NOT work without Steam. You will have to connect it to Steam and play it through there even if you have a DVD.

Ps. Just create new steam account.
I KNOW it's a STEAMWORKS game and will NOT work WITHOUT steam. Thats why I made a new account. I just feel safer having the Disk, plus it installs faster if I ever have to uninstall for a reason

P.S. I'm not a r-tard.
Old 2011-11-09, 16:58   Link #435
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Between BF3, MW3, skyrim... the gaming industry really don't want gamers to enjoy some sunlight before snow falls... Meanwhile the hardware industry is laughing out loud as I helped 3 of my friends upgrade their existing computers in just the past month.

Debating whether I should go dual wield or 2 handed... not that many games get DWing "right" and skyrim's system is going to be quite unique...
Depends on your definiton of "right".

One vocal minority had been quite upset they they couldn't block while dual welding. Their entire complaint is based on how "unrealistic" that is. But the simple fact that Bethesda need to make sure every weapon setup has its advantages and disadvantages seems to have escaped their observation.

I mean, that's why Bethesda gave daggers sneak attack bonuses; so you wouldn't try to sneak attack with a battle axe.
Old 2011-11-09, 17:25   Link #436
Dist

Quote:
I KNOW it's a STEAMWORKS game and will NOT work WITHOUT steam. Thats why I made a new account. I just feel safer having the Disk, plus it installs faster if I ever have to uninstall for a reason

P.S. I'm not a r-tard.
Sorry. When you wrote '' I would have gotten steam version but .. '' it made it sound like you don't want the game on Steam but physical media.. Was tired when I read that. Now I get what you mean .. Though apparently you still have to download the game? That's how I understood Kaze's message.

By the way if anyone is wondering where to buy Skyrim from, I recommend http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-downlo...m-2799-25.html it's £29.95 and cheaper than in Steam. Since it's Steam game, there's no point to buy it directly from Steam if it's THAT expensive. I bought this one too.. I figured going to the midnight release is not worth of it even though I'd get physical media because there's no telling if I'd even get my hands on a copy if there's a lot of people ;<. That, and I don't wanna walk 30km to home in the midnight if I don't make it to the bus xD
Old 2011-11-09, 17:26   Link #437
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Blocking with weapons and blocking with a shield are also two rather different things, and a shield is superior in many cases. If realism was so important to these people, they'd be disappointed regardless.
Old 2011-11-09, 17:29   Link #438
Dist

Wait, you can't block while dual wielding? I dunno about realism but that's just stupid. Like Keroko said, blocking with a weapon or a shield is completely different, but if you dual wield, how exactly is it not *possible* to block with the weapon you're holding? -_-
Old 2011-11-09, 17:33   Link #439
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Depends on your definiton of "right".

One vocal minority had been quite upset they they couldn't block while dual welding. Their entire complaint is based on how "unrealistic" that is. But the simple fact that Bethesda need to make sure every weapon setup has its advantages and disadvantages seems to have escaped their observation.

I mean, that's why Bethesda gave daggers sneak attack bonuses; so you wouldn't try to sneak attack with a battle axe.
Can you parry in skyrim?

Also what's wrong with doing a sneak attack with a battle hammer? We see it all the time in anime
Old 2011-11-09, 17:58   Link #440
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Can you parry in skyrim?

Also what's wrong with doing a sneak attack with a battle hammer? We see it all the time in anime
Oh, you CAN sneak attack with a battle hammer. But sneak attack with a dagger is more effective. This validates the use of a dagger when in previous TES titles, people ignore daggers when they can. The point is that every weapon setup is designed to be useful in some way or another. This is why, by design, dual welding would give you higher DPS, but they had to even things out by taking something away.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim