AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-21, 10:02   Link #2621
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardjet View Post
You guys are freaking me out,honestly..Where have you ever seen Lulu having romantic feelings towards Euphie?????
You mean besides Lelouch saying it himself ?
Quote:
She was his half-sister... Am I the only one how has never seen such a thing??
Probably
Old 2008-04-21, 10:04   Link #2622
Ardjet
Unreturner

Explain it to me cause I don't even remember such a thing.When did he say he loved her romantically?
Old 2008-04-21, 10:04   Link #2623
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
But the thing is - disappearing doesn't really put his friends out of harms way. I am sure he is smart enough to realize this as well. If the empire has no qualms about publically baiting him with the lives of a couple hundred of his subordinates, surely they wouldn't have many qualms about using his own friends to draw him out. We have seen Britannia doesn't really give a damn about killing its own citizens as well, never mind a special case like this.

In fact that may well be the reason why his friends are still around - as another failsafe mechanism if he intends to go rogue. Else there is little reason to have them if they bothered to rewrite his memories.
If he convinces everyone that he is not Zero, and has Lelouch Lamperouge 'die', there'd be no real ties between him and the Student Council. That is the game afterall, to convince everyone that he has not awakened and to stop Rolo.

Also, the student council members are from high standing families, there'd be severe reprecussions in using them as pawns.

Quote:
Well, his friends and trigger happy geass is easy to fix - walk in a room and order them to forget he just walked in, step out and come back again. Woila - immunity to geass in a failsafe way. Harder to pull with the rest of the school though But like i said - he is unlikely in a position where leaving the school is a viable option.
But then, if he'd need to use it later for something even more important, they'd be immune. Using the power just like that seems to be a bad plan no matter how positivie the short term effect may be.

Quote:
He is unable to wipe himself from Shirley's mind anymore though, so wiping out Lelouch is no longer an option. Might be for the rest of the bunch, but not for Shirley. And i doubt leaving her in a world of confusion where no one but her remembers a person named Lelouch is what he meant by doing something for her . And if you meant for him to fake his death ... well, i don't think he would. Doesn't help with the Shirley promise issue either.
If he kills Lelouch Lamperouge, he wipes out that existance and the ties to them. He doesn't have to erase himself, just remove himself from their everyday life. He could fulfill the promise, and then kill of Lelouch, I see nothing wrong with it, really.
Old 2008-04-21, 10:04   Link #2624
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
You guys are freaking me out,honestly..Where have you ever seen Lulu having romantic feelings towards Euphie?????She was his half-sister... Am I the only one how has never seen such a thing??
You should look up what many different types of royalty have done throughout time.
Old 2008-04-21, 10:06   Link #2625
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Explain it to me cause I don't even remember such a thing.When did he say he loved her romantically?
Watch Stage 23 and fast forward to 04:15.
Old 2008-04-21, 10:08   Link #2626
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Apparently, half-incest is not a taboo in the Holy Brittanian Empire, unlike the real world. I mean, if even Nunnally noticed how Lulu and Euphie felt for each other when they were kids...

On top of that, Lulu was willing to forgoe his crusade for a better world for Nunally, just so he can co-exist with Brittania at Euphemia's suggestion. Couple that with the fact that he should've killed Euphie near the beginning of the first season but like with Shirley, he did not, and the fact that those two shared many a bonding moment excelling even those of CCXLulu before her death, then it's not much of a stretch saying she's the main LI of last season.

Just a shame she kicked the bucket, as I would've loved the drama stemming from the SuzakuXEuphieXLulu triangle. Now all we see is Suzaku wanting nothing but Lulu's head as a sorts of avenging her death.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-04-21, 10:11   Link #2627
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
If he convinces everyone that he is not Zero, and has Lelouch Lamperouge 'die', there'd be no real ties between him and the Student Council. That is the game afterall, to convince everyone that he has not awakened and to stop Rolo.
Hmm ..possible. Though Rolo already knows he has awoken But is likely he will get Rolo to cooperate somehow, so will see what comes of it. And i think the rest of the team (especially Villeta) would be very suspicious to say the least if he would wound up "dead"but no body was ever found.

Quote:
Also, the student council members are from high standing families, there'd be severe reprecussions in using them as pawns.
Didn't stop Cornelia from wanting to blow up the whole tower with JLF in it, if not for Euphie inside as well.
Quote:
But then, if he'd need to use it later for something even more important, they'd be immune. Using the power just like that seems to be a bad plan no matter how positivie the short term effect may be.
Possibly, though i am not sure what would that be ... and he would be much less willing to geass them for something related to his plans opposite to the simple notion of wanting to protect them from trigger happy geass ... and i think he would be plenty against the later as it is.
Quote:
He could fulfill the promise, and then kill of Lelouch, I see nothing wrong with it, really.
I guess we see things differently as usual
Old 2008-04-21, 10:11   Link #2628
Velden

Quote:
But the thing is -

(...)his friends and trigger happy geass is easy to fix - walk in a room and order them to forget he just walked in, step out and come back again. Woila - immunity to geass in a failsafe way. (...)
I couldnīt stop imagine seeing Lelouch in front of everyone with a mic...
"Everyone...JUMP THREE TIMES!!!!"
and again...inmunity to geass...XD

I know this is a simple question that can be easily answered by anyone...but
when he says :

Quote:
"When this is over i will definitely ... you..."
How can i know that "you" is referred to Shirley and not the student council in general?
Old 2008-04-21, 10:17   Link #2629
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Shirley is old Lulu's girl. The girl he would have ended up with if he would have lived his life without ever obtaining Geass.

C.C. and Kallen were getting catty.

Li and Kallen. . . no way. He'll be more of an older brother figure to both Lelouch and Kallen. His main reason for existing is probably to become a rival for Schneizel and some of the Knights of the Round. In most anime his type of character seems to attract ladies his age or older. . . sometimes scientists. He looks like he's in his late twenties, he's a great fighter. . . you know.
Old 2008-04-21, 10:17   Link #2630
Ardjet
Unreturner

Mmm yeah my bad.I just watched that moment again,strange I haven't noticed it at all..It's sick anyways
Old 2008-04-21, 10:17   Link #2631
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velden View Post
How can i know that "you" is referred to Shirley and not the student council in general?
it's just crap for shippers to argue about. Just like "when this is over" could mean the plan he was just about to start, the whole war, anything. It's just a vague comment for people to talk about.
Old 2008-04-21, 10:17   Link #2632
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
AFAIK, 'kimi wo' is always singular in the Japanese language (as opposed to kimi-tachi or something like that). Someone with better understanding can correct me though.

Old 2008-04-21, 10:17   Link #2633
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Either that or Lelouch can always gouge out his eye to stop the geass. Or at the very end, he could just close one eye all the time and wear an eyepatch

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2008-04-21, 10:18   Link #2634
pockychan

Quote:
because he used "kimi', which stood for a single person in general.
If it is the student council, he would use 'kimi-TACHI', meaning you guys
anyway, even though the statement is meant for Shirely only, I dont see the must to interpret it in a romantic way...could probably mean let her have a peaceful life when all these are over
Old 2008-04-21, 10:19   Link #2635
Ardjet
Unreturner

Yeah absolutely.It's stupid to cling to just one unfinished sentence...
Old 2008-04-21, 10:24   Link #2636
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I will and always have been a SHirleyxLulu pairing
Old 2008-04-21, 10:27   Link #2637
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockychan View Post
anyway, even though the statement is meant for Shirely only, I dont see the must to interpret it in a romantic way...
I definitely concur there. I have never tried to imply he must have meant something necessarily romantic. The meaning of what he wanted to say is pretty much up in the air, because the undoubtedly evil scripters decided to have it that way, but it still illustrates a point - he cares about her as a person. More than about most. The cause may well be his own actions, but thats the result. It may or may not be anything romantic. It could be purely guilt driven, it could be both. But it can be used as foundation for something on Lulu's side. Doesn't mean it will, but the potential is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardjet
Yeah absolutely.It's stupid to cling to just one unfinished sentence...
Ignoring the fact no one is really clinging to it, there is a flaw in that thought - the sentence was not said out of the blue, but within context of a lot of other things. While the exact meaning can not be deducted, the general implication of the meaning behind the thought is not very shady.
Old 2008-04-21, 10:30   Link #2638
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Apparently, half-incest is not a taboo in the Holy Brittanian Empire, unlike the real world. I mean, if even Nunnally noticed how Lulu and Euphie felt for each other when they were kids...
Incest is only taboo if you are not Royalty. Most royal families of Europe inbreed like crazy back then because they tried too hard to organize political marriages. In fact, the very concept of taboos for those in power is foreign them.

I remember one Royal in history who really, really wanted the wealth/power of another noble family. He kept pestering the Clergy to allow him to marry the heiress, who was a girl so young, she wasn't fit for marriage even by the standards of the Medieval period!
The Clergy told him to get lost, though, until she reached minimum age. But even after marriage, she was still too young and her pregnancy irreparably harmed her health.

Britannia doesn't really have taboos, at least for those in power. This is true in real life in many ways. If you can order someone killed for no reason other than you wanted to, not much can really hold you back.
Old 2008-04-21, 10:31   Link #2639
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockychan View Post
anyway, even though the statement is meant for Shirely only, I dont see the must to interpret it in a romantic way...
Hey it was Krimzon's words, not mine, that he likened her to Euphie.

And really though, while it can or can't be interpreted as romantic, it gives Shirley the extra leverage against the likes of Milly and Kallen. Outside of CC and Nunnally, she is the girl he has felt the most guilt for and it's her well-being he cares most about. That is a fact.

As to why he acts that way, it's anybody's guess. But considering he cares more for her than even Milly (who's really just a 'friend' to him), and that he's not related at all to her, then all I can think of is that all this 'caring' stems from romantic roots.

Old 2008-04-21, 10:33   Link #2640
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Li and Kallen. . . no way. He'll be more of an older brother figure to both Lelouch and Kallen. His main reason for existing is probably to become a rival for Schneizel and some of the Knights of the Round. In most anime his type of character seems to attract ladies his age or older. . . sometimes scientists. He looks like he's in his late twenties, he's a great fighter. . . you know.
Yep no chance of Li and Kallen, I don't know what's up with Li at the end of episode 3 but I see him siding with Zero and taking out Gino before getting killed by Suzaku. Or he sides with Zero and back stabs him later on at the perfect time. As for Kallen and romance.. it's Lelouch or bust.. loved the interaction between her and C.C and looking forward to more especially if they go with a triangle.. hard to C.C being an active member of that triangle though.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance