AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-27, 22:22   Link #3121
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Meh, this is going nowhere. Let's just wait and see what happends. Although I doubt we even see any interaction between Kallen and Rolo in next Turn.
maybe in the first few minutes, but then they're going back to ashford for the rest of the episode, where Kallen can't openly interact with others.
ashlay is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 22:44   Link #3122
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I doubt she'll know it was Rolo in the Vincent, given some lines and tidbits in the spoiler section. May be false, but I found a different way of interpreting them myself
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 04:46   Link #3123
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eden Hall
Hell yeah, i'm all in for Lelouch x Shirley.
Kallen could work and i'd be okay with her, but Shirley comes first.

C.C. is out of the question. Seriously, she's more like your sexy Math Teacher who, whatever the reasons be, likes a student of hers. But they both know that it could never work.
Narzia is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 05:44   Link #3124
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 38
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
shirley is like a BAD ENDING.

C.C. is like an alternative bonus ENDING.

Kallen is the TRUE ENDING


nanalia & Rollo is the quirky bad ending

__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 06:07   Link #3125
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
Hell yeah, i'm all in for Lelouch x Shirley.
Kallen could work and i'd be okay with her, but Shirley comes first.

C.C. is out of the question. Seriously, she's more like your sexy Math Teacher who, whatever the reasons be, likes a student of hers. But they both know that it could never work.
I don't get this interpretation with C.C.. And I hate when people make silly comparisons like this. Where are you getting this teacher comparison and when did you see them realize it would never work out because I would love to rewatch the episode and see the important detail I missed.

Of course, the pairing has no chance due to the fact that she is immortal and that she has never demonstrated any romantic notions at all while the other two have. And the immortal thing really may not be that much of a problem. Of course, that doesn't mean it is out of the question as you say. It's just doomed for tragedy. I don't quite get how some can actually imagine this pairing ending in a happy way. This is Code Geass. You don't ever get an ending like that with anyone. Especially not an immortal who has had a pretty miserable life and who at this point could probably only find happiness in death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
shirley is like a BAD ENDING.

C.C. is like an alternative bonus ENDING.

Kallen is the TRUE ENDING


nanalia & Rollo is the quirky bad ending

That's simply your interpretation and has no bearing on what ending would actually be good. I'd prefer LelouchXC.C. myself, but if they write the others off and go with whoever in a way that feels real and not forced it could be fine no matter what. Shirley seems the hardest to me since you would have to do a lot with the plot to make it feel realistic to me anyway and the writing would probably seem like it was just for the sake of her being able to end up with Lelouch.

And I still don't understand LelouchXKallen.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Dann of Thursday; 2008-04-28 at 06:27.
Dann of Thursday is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 06:35   Link #3126
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 38
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I don't get this interpretation with C.C.. And I hate when people make silly comparisons like this. Where are you getting this teacher comparison and when did you see them realize it would never work out because I would love to rewatch the episode and see the important detail I missed.

Of course, the pairing has no chance due to the fact that she is immortal and that she has never demonstrated any romantic notions at all while the other two have. And the immortal thing really may not be that much of a problem. Of course, that doesn't mean it is out of the question as you say. It's just doomed for tragedy. I don't quite get how some can actually imagine this pairing ending in a happy way. This is Code Geass. You don't ever get an ending like that with anyone. Especially not an immortal who has had a pretty miserable life and who at this point could probably only find happiness in death.


I'd prefer LelouchXC.C. myself, but if they write the others off and go with whoever in a way that feels real and not forced it could be fine no matter what. Shirley seems the hardest to me since you would have to do a lot with the plot to make it feel realistic to me anyway and the writing would probably seem like it was just for the sake of her being able to end up with Lelouch.

That's simply your interpretation and has no bearing on what ending would actually be good.


And I still don't understand LelouchXC.C.





/parrot-mode

__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 11:36   Link #3127
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 31
Can you come up with anything meaningful? Could I be completely wrong and all my depressing comments prove pointless? Yes. I hope I am to be honest.

I meant that you simply state things and add nothing to them. Why is LelouchXKallen the "true" ending? Add a little substance to things. Even my depressed rantings contain reasons with it.

And to elaborate, I never understood where people got the idea that LelouchXKallen could happen when they had barely any development that I could see contributing to the basis for a romantic relationship. With C.C. and Shirley, we had scenes with each that allowed for a basis to be formed wheras I never saw much to indicate LelouchXkallen as a possibiity, hence why I used to think people were joking.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 11:46   Link #3128
Ardjet
Unreturner
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the fields of love
Dann Of Thursday for the first time maybe since I began reading your pessimistic thoughts I totally agree with you about LuluXKallen.Somehow fans started "seeing" that pair at the beginning of R2 but I too have never seen any indications that they might end up together so far.Even if I hate to admit it,right now Shirley has bigger chances of romance than Kallen so I don't know what's the fuss about..
Ardjet is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 11:50   Link #3129
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Any of the three primary relationships are possible, and they all have their own problems.

C.C. is immortal, and she has unknown goals at this time, which may or may not effect her future relationship with Lelouch. Her "romantic" scenes with Lelouch almost always have a double meaning, and we all know that Mortal/Immortal relationships almost never end well.

Shirley has been mindwiped twice and is also a major source of guilt for Lelouch; not exactly the healthiest base for a relationship. She is the most "normal" out of Lelouch's potential pairings, but that both helps and hinders her chances at the same time.

Kallen admires him as Zero, but for the longest time didn't think anything too special of Lelouch. Now that she knows they are the same person it is already apparent her admiration is rebuilding itself. The only major problem with this couple (that doesn't overlap with the other two) that I see is whether Kallen can accept Lelouch for who he truly is.


All three pairings suffer from the fact we have no clue how Lelouch sees each of these women as far as relationships go. They are all obviously important to him, but we have no clue what he thinks beyond that.

Both C.C. and Kallen do benefit from being his "Queen" at one time or another (Kallen on the battlefield and C.C. due to her relation with Geass), which is something they both have over Shirley.

Edit:
For those who didn't "see" KallenxLelouch in season 1;

Kallen is the only person in the Order that Lelouch offered an out for, and even offered to reveal himself to her at one point. Those are some pretty big points that put her quite high up on Lelouch's "People I care about" list.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 12:11   Link #3130
Ardjet
Unreturner
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the fields of love
He revealed himself because he had no other option..Omg you take these scenes too seriously...He has been only using her till now.When we see more episodes of R2,then we'll have a base to compare.I don't think that R1 had something to offer about LuluXKallen.
Ardjet is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 12:18   Link #3131
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
So that entire moment in episode 13 where Lelouch blatently offered to let Kallen out of Order if she wished to ment nothing at all? Or the scene where he offered to allow her to see his face?

Right

I think your being too defensive in saying that KallenxLelouch has no indication at all in season 1, their is a reason this pairing is #2 in this poll right now, because their IS indication.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 12:21   Link #3132
tenken627
what Yagi said
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I guess there is no option for Lelouch x Order of Black Knights/Ashford Academy harem which is obviously the route the anime is trying to go.
tenken627 is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 12:25   Link #3133
Ardjet
Unreturner
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the fields of love
Haha This pairing's #2 because fans like Kallen very much not because this'll happen.Nope I'm not too defensive it's just that C.C. and Shirley had and are having their moments but Kallen is way behind them in this competition ( I wish that she could be #2 but let's face it - she's not!) :P
Ardjet is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 12:32   Link #3134
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
So the girl that has been memory wiped twice, is a major source of guilt, and even attempted to shoot Lelouch has a better chance then Kallen; who, with the exception of the events at the end of season 1, has been utterly loyal to Zero and has both been to see his face (12) and offered a way out if she didn't want to continue (13)?

C.C. I can understand, but we don't even know what she wants from Lelouch, she could well end up having opposing goals to Lelouch altogether, and being immortal is a rather large obstacle. (unless she ceases being Immortal or something along those lines)

Using your logic, I can claim C.C. is number 1 because people like her character even more, but that doesn't mean that there is no indication of the pairing.

Edit: If they went the Harem route for Lelouch, I'd laugh my ass off, but I know a large # of people would be angry. (It would make sense if had multiple wives like his Dad though)
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2008-04-28 at 12:45.
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 12:45   Link #3135
Ardjet
Unreturner
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the fields of love
Be a lil bit more objective,what if Kallen is loyal.it doesn't mean that she has had any romantic moments with him.Also Shirley(don't misunderstand I hate her!) is a source of gult but still has more chances of romance. And the pairing C.C.XLulu is the most favourable and possible therefore it's #1(also people looooove the mysterious C.C. - I'm a huge fan too ^_^)

Last edited by Ardjet; 2008-04-28 at 12:55.
Ardjet is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 12:51   Link #3136
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
From Kallen's side of things, her romantic feelings are obvious, and they are obviously still there even though she knows who Zero is now.

On Lelouch's side, their isn't a single person in the Order that he has shown as much care towards as Kallen, no one, not even Shirley, has been offered a chance to know Zero's true identify like Kallen had in episode 12. C.C. already knew (not divulged on Lelouch's part) and he was forced to show it to the Kyoto guy in order to gain support. There is also the big heart-to-heart they had during episode 13, were Lelouch very bluntly showed favoratism towards Kallen.

That alone is some pretty damn strong support for a pairing, more then the guilt ridden feelings that he has towards Shirley anyway.

C.C. only has a stronger case because she knows more about Lelouch (one again, not divulged voluntarily) and is responsible for giving him Geass, the power with which he is fighting against Britannia.


And yes, a large majority of the fanbase favors C.C. because she is mysterious(and the green hair), that same mysteriousness can very well lead to the LelouchxC.C. pairing falling flat on its face.

I like C.C. to, and I wouldn't mind her being with Lelouch as the final pairing, but I don't see it happening with immortality being a barrier.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 12:53   Link #3137
tenken627
what Yagi said
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Edit: If they went the Harem route for Lelouch, I'd laugh my ass off, but I know a large # of people would be angry. (It would make sense if had multiple wives like his Dad though)
Regardless of Lelouch's feelings for any of them, it seems like almost all the female cast has some type of interest in Lelouch. While most harem animes have only one girl in the end, you know the creators (and the viewers) like the idea of having multiple girls fawning over one guy. That's why they created/watched these series.

So, why deny Lelouch the right to harem??
tenken627 is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 13:01   Link #3138
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 31
Because the harem ending has never happened as far as I know.

As far as Kallen goes, I can't say how much emphasis we could put on those two scenes with her. She was the only one who really showed signs of doubt to him along with the fact that Lelouch knew her from school. I actually saw the scene as more of him speaking of himself personally. With offering his identity, do we actually know if he would have told her had she said yes? I would also say that at this point she still loves Zero, but is having trouble with Lelouch being Zero.

Honestly, when I look at things none of the girls really have much going for them at all except maybe Shirley though a lot of that on Lelouch's side is guilt. C.C. has her motives and immortality, along with the fact that we don't know if she is capable of a romantic relationship or would even allow one to happen. There is also the history of Immortal/Mortal relationships going bad though Taniguchi didn't seem to mind with the end of GXS. I can't say whether that was a pairing though.

Maybe they won't resolve the pairing issue at all or will keep it going till the very end.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 13:02   Link #3139
Ardjet
Unreturner
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the fields of love
And still we don't see any romantic moments between Lulu and Kallen.That's my point,not her having feelings towards him and he showing a lil bit more attention to her than to the other members of the Orden.I think it's still too early to talk about that pairing (there's a whole season going on).Let's be patient and see what'll happen.But when we make any speculations and statements they should be at least based on some good evidences not just some interpretations and personal wishes.
Ardjet is offline  
Old 2008-04-28, 13:05   Link #3140
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 31
Well, there technically were no romantic moments with anyone since they kept romance out of season 1. My personal opinion was that Lelouch and Kallen in season 1 never had any scenes that could be interpreted as romantic wheras I could see how one could see romance with things like Shirley's arc or some of the scenes with C.C..

Didn't Kawaguchi say back in season 1 though, that we might see something like love between Lelouch and C.C. but that it might just be two people who consider the other an important partner? Does that still have meaning now?
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.