AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-01, 06:21   Link #3281
Eryna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
On the other hand, the Shirley and Lelouch figure as well as the ShirleyxLelouch figure are both approximately 60% of their C.C x Lelouch counterparts, which is damn impressive already. I feel gratified to the internets.

It makes sense to me, and also reflects my perceptions as to the likelihood of the pairings. A lot of Kallen x Lelouch support seems to stem from the fact that people just like Kallen and want her to get together with the main character, with very little in the way of meaningful interactions between the two to back it up. For people who aren't fans of the pairing, a common reaction is that they never even considered it a possibility. To tell the truth, this thread and animesuki has been the only place where I've seen a lot of Kallen x Lelouch support.
You're right, since yesterday I made some search on the net and other forums and I have noted that the most popular couple was LelouchxCC, followed by Lelouchxshirley and in the 3rd place, or 4th if we also count LelouchxSuzaku, arrives Lelouchxkallen.
Old 2008-05-01, 06:25   Link #3282
Ardjet
Unreturner

Well,me too.I've never considered Kallen as a LI until fans here started supporting that pairing. I can see only C.C. as a true match for Lelouch and really hope that they won't spoil the show.
Old 2008-05-01, 07:04   Link #3283
Key Board
Carbon

Karen as a love interest for Lelouch is very unlikely. The only person he looks at the same level is CC. (because she does not give a damn about his supposed authority)

At the moment people are just hoping Karen won't end up with Suzaku.

Personally, I'm guessing she either becomes a love interest for Suzaku, Lee or she dies heroically while accomplishing something.
Old 2008-05-01, 09:01   Link #3284
Fuuma_lady

Hmm. It's marvelous for Lulu to end up with C.C, that's my favorite couple. But there's more and more LuluxShirley hints, I'm afraid. In ep3 Lulu even smiled at Shirley's clumsiness in the kitchen and worry 'bout her memory being erased by him while they're shopping. And that sentence of him "When it's all over, I'll..." What is it, confession??? Oh nooo... TT.TT
Old 2008-05-01, 09:26   Link #3285
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Lelouch feels guilty he had to erase Shirley's memory and she had her memories rewritten by the Emperor too.He just wants to make amends to her.
It's not true love it's a mix of pity/remorse/honor bound duty .
Old 2008-05-01, 09:40   Link #3286
Sinta

I think that C.C and Lulu are boring; just my personal opinion. I can see where people are coming from on the whole Kallen, I do think her chances are better then people giving her credit for, especially if they keep up her development, but people do like her and that is probably why they are so adamant about her and Lulu. Shirley, what can we say about Shirley, I really don't see it, if I'm being honest. Lulu does feel gulity but I don't think a real argument about "loving" her is there. I guess we'll have to see. I think as long as its developed properly then i won't care who Lulu ends up with. (NO KALLEN AND SUZUKA: THAT IS TRULY HORRIBLE)
Old 2008-05-01, 09:59   Link #3287
KrimzonStriker

Boring? What have you been looking at, they are the most intriguing of pairs precisely because they are equal to one another and thus have these great and silly banters with one another

The stuff with Kallen is boring in my opinion because Lelouch is utterly one-sided in their interactions, completely dominating her in many respects. For such a tough fighter she's such a pushover... >_>

Don't even get me started on Shirley, I mean just when he's wracked with guilt he shows feelings for her now? He was an idiot to her crush up to this point, and he's done all shorts of things that just puts further distance between them. Plus for getting him to show he cares about her, minus for doing it in completely the wrong way that just adds even more impossibility to them being able to form a relationship <_<

Personal opinion of course though
Old 2008-05-01, 10:04   Link #3288
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
not "Fully Developed and Connected"? each time they show lelouch C.C is almost aways there sharing the screen time and as for connected they both gave each other a contract to fulfill, lets not forget lelouch went to save her from mao if he didnt give a dam about her C.C would be locked up in Mao's closet by now.
That doesn't mean they are "Fully developed and connected". Go read a book of literary merit and see just how little relevance 'sharing screentime' has on developing and connecting characters. Some of the most powerful connections between people aren't formed when they are together, but when they are seperate.

The rest can be interpreted on a need based, partnership support line of thought. Without C2 Lelouch is rather boned, especially with a psychopath running around knowing full well who Zero is and openly threatening friends. So tell me, can you prove to me this wasn't out of self-interest or caring for other characters, not just C2?

The simple fact of the matter is that no single female has had any real development with Lelouch, not past partnership or guilt-trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
There are so many different reasons to invade a country. Some are just, such as the Allies in WWII; some are evil, such as Imperialism as practiced insanely by Britannian Empire.
While this is OT, I simply must make note that 'just' and 'evil' are subjective. Being a history buff, I'd argue that the allies were not 'just' in how they involved themselves in WWII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryna View Post
I think the majority of the fanbase spell it Kallen.
Depends on where you go. For instance on 2c its not even spelled in romagi, no name is. So in using just google fight you're basically omitting over 70% of the shows fan-base. Also, based on what country the board is hosted/supported the names will also not be spelled in romagi or will be spelled differently. The point of this being, that google fight serves to make utterly no point of anything.

Quote:
On the other hand, the Shirley and Lelouch figure as well as the ShirleyxLelouch figure are both approximately 60% of their C.C x Lelouch counterparts, which is damn impressive already. I feel gratified to the internets.
You're taking random google fight statistics, which omit large chunks of the non-english speaking fan base, as a sign of something... Why?

... Let's not forget that google fight does not search for consecutive word order, but simply word appearance in google hits and is totally out of context.

LelouchxAnything could have "I hate this pairing" before or after it. Context is a wonderful thing.

Quote:
It makes sense to me, and also reflects my perceptions as to the likelihood of the pairings. A lot of Kallen x Lelouch support seems to stem from the fact that people just like Kallen and want her to get together with the main character, with very little in the way of meaningful interactions between the two to back it up. For people who aren't fans of the pairing, a common reaction is that they never even considered it a possibility. To tell the truth, this thread and animesuki has been the only place where I've seen a lot of Kallen x Lelouch support.
Pretty sure that can be said about any of the possible pairings at this point in time, so you really don't have a point. Also, I don't think anyone just wants a pairing to happen for the sake of it happening. I sure don't, I want a built up story that develops a love between two people in hard times.

You should really go read some 2ch for support for the pairings.

To be perfectly honest, if you google Code Geass pairings or some itteration of the same idea, you'll find, in the first few hits, more support for Lelouch and Kallen/Shirley than you will here, sometimes even more than C2.

Quote:
You're right, since yesterday I made some search on the net and other forums and I have noted that the most popular couple was LelouchxCC, followed by Lelouchxshirley and in the 3rd place, or 4th if we also count LelouchxSuzaku, arrives Lelouchxkallen.
That's nice. Doesn't mean anything, but that's nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardjet View Post
Well,me too.I've never considered Kallen as a LI until fans here started supporting that pairing. I can see only C.C. as a true match for Lelouch and really hope that they won't spoil the show.
Most people didn't consider anyone a love interest in S1 because they were able to realize that S1 wasn't about romance. Most people tried to guess at possible romances from where every pairing arises, each having held very little to no water in S1. Where the support for certain pairing arises is from interpretations of past events compiled onto on going events. Hence, in S2, I can actually say that there they are building up Kallen's interaction with Lelouch. Will it be for romance? I don't know, but they are doing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
At the moment people are just hoping Karen won't end up with Suzaku.
No, most people are hoping that Suzaku dies in some horrific way. The rest are hoping that CG doesn't decimate its own plot with that mockery of a pairing for the sake of a pairing. Its been discussed to death why Kallen and Suzaku are nigh-impossible if the plot were to remain serious.

As I've said, put a teapot in any of Kallen's near-nude to nude moments and people will support KallenxTeapot.
Old 2008-05-01, 10:16   Link #3289
Eryna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Depends on where you go. For instance on 2c its not even spelled in romagi, no name is. So in using just google fight you're basically omitting over 70% of the shows fan-base. Also, based on what country the board is hosted/supported the names will also not be spelled in romagi or will be spelled differently. The point of this being, that google fight serves to make utterly no point of anything.
Perhaps but the majority of people (western countries) still spell it Kallen.

Quote:
That's nice. Doesn't mean anything, but that's nice.
It doesn't mean anything for you ? Well for me it means that LelouchxCC, LelouchxSuzaku, LelouchxShirley and LelouchxKallen are the most popular couples on the net... and yeah that's nice to know it.
Old 2008-05-01, 10:30   Link #3290
Var
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps but the majority of people (western countries) still spell it Kallen.
That's called a blanket statement. I've seen equally large shares of Karen, over Kallen, on various other facets of the internet. For instance, many people translate directly from the Katakana into Karen, not Kallen.

Quote:
It doesn't mean anything for you ? Well for me it means that LelouchxCC, LelouchxSuzaku, LelouchxShirley and LelouchxKallen are the most popular couples on the net... and yeah that's nice to know it.
You need to learn how inaccurate statistics work, because that is one hell of an inaccurate statistic. It is not 'most popular couples on the net', it is 'most popular couples from an out of context slice of the net'. You're not making actual points, you are just making up numbers and connections based on what Google and google fights already made up. Unless you're going to tell me you've read everything on google.
Old 2008-05-01, 11:09   Link #3291
Eryna

Quote:
That's called a blanket statement. I've seen equally large shares of Karen, over Kallen, on various other facets of the internet. For instance, many people translate directly from the Katakana into Karen, not Kallen.
Odd... I did not see many people writing it "Karen" and on all sites I visited (Code Geass official site, Livejournal, fanfiction.net, wikipédia and several other forums) it is written "Kallen"

Quote:
You need to learn how inaccurate statistics work, because that is one hell of an inaccurate statistic. It is not 'most popular couples on the net', it is 'most popular couples from an out of context slice of the net'. You're not making actual points, you are just making up numbers and connections based on what Google and google fights already made up. Unless you're going to tell me you've read everything on google.
lol Are you sure of not being upset simply because LelouchxKallen is only 3rd ?
Old 2008-05-01, 11:12   Link #3292
Sannom

Quote:
Still I can't believe that more people have voted for ShirleyXLulu in Google than for KallenXLulu.
KallenXLulu doesn't exist. KallenXLelouch or KallenXZero does, but not the KallenXLulu. Nor does LuluXC.C. It still amuses me that even people who claims they have a strong dislike for Shirley still use the nickname she gave to Lelouch (and she is the only one who uses it, if you discard Mao)
Old 2008-05-01, 12:10   Link #3293
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Boring? What have you been looking at, they are the most intriguing of pairs precisely because they are equal to one another and thus have these great and silly banters with one another

The stuff with Kallen is boring in my opinion because Lelouch is utterly one-sided in their interactions, completely dominating her in many respects. For such a tough fighter she's such a pushover... >_>

Don't even get me started on Shirley, I mean just when he's wracked with guilt he shows feelings for her now? He was an idiot to her crush up to this point, and he's done all shorts of things that just puts further distance between them. Plus for getting him to show he cares about her, minus for doing it in completely the wrong way that just adds even more impossibility to them being able to form a relationship <_<

Personal opinion of course though
Not just your opinion, I'm completly with you Kallen really is sort of a pushover, now that I think about it; C.C. is stronger in many aspects:/
Shirley is pretty much history.

Quote:

As I've said, put a teapot in any of Kallen's near-nude to nude moments and people will support KallenxTeapot.
Kallen gehts a lot of Nude scenes doesn't she *sigh*
It's all fan service, I suppose that's why I don't like her much.If she had a normal bustsize she wouldn't be half as interesting -.-
Old 2008-05-01, 12:21   Link #3294
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
Kallen gehts a lot of Nude scenes doesn't she *sigh*
It's all fan service, I suppose that's why I don't like her much.If she had a normal bustsize she wouldn't be half as interesting -.-
Kallen's lack of clothing has become an official running joke, with C.C. even mentioning in episode 4 that Kallen didn't have clothing on a mission that they had gone on together (which we didn't get to see, unfortunately).
Old 2008-05-01, 13:35   Link #3295
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
C.C. is stronger in many aspects:/
I never put this as a question, but IF Lelouch and C.C. did survive to the end of the series and end up together:

Do fans want to see C.C. become mortal and grow old with Lelouch or Lelouch become immortal and stay together forever with her? I can't imagine people wanting C.C. to watch as Lelouch dies of old age while she remains the same.
Old 2008-05-01, 13:40   Link #3296
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
I never put this as a question, but IF Lelouch and C.C. did survive to the end of the series and end up together:

Do fans want to see C.C. become mortal and grow old with Lelouch or Lelouch become immortal and stay together forever with her? I can't imagine people wanting C.C. to watch as Lelouch dies of old age while she remains the same.
Well, happiest ending would probably be C.C. becoming mortal.

Though in some ways I prefer Lelouch becoming immortal, since then he sort of remains the symbol of rebellion he created, Zero. And it represents such a huge sacrifice on his part. Though that would kinda be a complete **** you to him to watch Nunnally grow old and die.

Of course, there are also some ways to do Lelouch dies such that C.C. becomes a better person for it. (a la how she finally ended up convinced that Lelouch should fight and win his war as a human, not as a monster, by the end of 25)

I guess it doesn't really matter though, he did promise C.C. his future, regardless of what that meant would happen to him.

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-05-01 at 14:01.
Old 2008-05-01, 14:52   Link #3297
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post

I thought the contract was to make her mortal by speculation? What does Lelouch have to do in order to complete his side of the contract? What exactly is the contract? eh, this throws my beliefs out of whack. *confused*
Old 2008-05-01, 15:34   Link #3298
Karna
just some guy

I dont really find google fight all that acurate . I mean "nina and table" at 514,000 blows the competition away
Old 2008-05-01, 17:14   Link #3299
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Kallen's lack of clothing has become an official running joke, with C.C. even mentioning in episode 4 that Kallen didn't have clothing on a mission that they had gone on together (which we didn't get to see, unfortunately).
hmm the fansub I had said they were talking about being reminded of a forest and the clothes part was dealing with the fact animals don't wear clothes.

(this is probably a case of different subs nothing more though.)

as for the lack of clothing thing :sigh:

@avira some words for you regarding C.C.: pizza butt and ms.cosplay.

@blue mercy fans always want their ship to happen no matter how, even if logic is ignored*cough*OugixViletta*cough*
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
Old 2008-05-01, 19:57   Link #3300
WhiteWings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
hmm the fansub I had said they were talking about being reminded of a forest and the clothes part was dealing with the fact animals don't wear clothes.
Huh. I thought they were talking about that island incident... or was I thinking about the cave incident? Either way my memory must be deserting me.

Tags
characters, romance