AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-03, 10:05   Link #5121
Ardjet
Unreturner

Hey,wtf?! If you have something to say,write it to him in private.Don't mess with Dann of Thursday when you don't know him a bit.Everyone has the right to say his/her own opinion so bear with it,ok?

PS:No matter what's happening,C.C.XLelouch is still the best pair!!!!

Only one of us can ride forever so you and I can't live or die together.All we can do is collide together so I won't stop until I'm forever one!
Old 2008-06-03, 10:07   Link #5122
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Just ignore those comments, it's not like some faceless guy insulting someone on the internet has any meaning.
Old 2008-06-03, 10:16   Link #5123
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardjet View Post
Hey,wtf?! If you have something to say,write it to him in private.Don't mess with Dann of Thursday when you don't know him a bit.Everyone has the right to say his/her own opinion so bear with it,ok?

PS:No matter what's happening,C.C.XLelouch is still the best pair!!!!
No, I do go a bit crazy though I don't think I have been as bad as I was in the past.

The best pairing is technically the one the director picks. And he can write the show so it destroys any and all ideas we may have had about C.C. being a good choice at all.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-03, 13:13   Link #5124
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'm not sure if Koshimizu would care about such a thing enough to post anything about it, though I do recall that "Rejoice" when that love section talking about 8 came out.
That "rejoice" was for LuluKallen fans. XD

Indeed I'm not enthusiastic on couples.
No matter who it is in the end, as long as Lelouch is happy, then I'm content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The main fanbase is japanese. Koshimizu could say something about that. And I bet most of the japanese want a LXC ending
It's true there are more Lelouch X C.C. fans in Japan.
From fansites (Geass Search is a good place to start), there are 2~3 times more LC fansites than LK fansites. Some sites support both or all girls.

On 2ch, romance discussion belongs in the "Couples Talk" thread. Except for 2 couples which have their own threads ongoing since season 1: "Maou & Witch", aka LC, and "Knight & Princess", aka SY. 2ch threads gets closed at 1000 post and have to start a new one. LC thread is now at #9, and SY at #4. LK just started their 1st thread recently.
BTW, there are character threads in 2ch. Kallen thread is at #93 and C.C. only at #34. But C.C. thread is filled with love, while Kallen thread is filled with both hate and love. A lot of people in Kallen thread prefer her to stay single because she's merely a fangirl in season one. Kallen thread is packed with more pointless Zero/Lelouch bashing (simply stupid edited pics & AA graph, LOLs, bickering, and cursing... nothing near a discussion) than love for Kallen. So I haven't stepped in there for a while.

As for doujinshi, from what can be found in online stores (mainly Toranoana) and download sources, more than half of normal couple (non-yaoi/non-yuri) are LC. That includes female-oriented and male-oriented doujinshi.

Judging from the 4 conventions I've been to, about 60% of the place is taken over by yaoi booths of you-know-who-and-who. Britannia side (including Imperial family & their knights, Lloyd, Cecil, Jeremiah) booths take about 20%. "All characters" booths take about 10%. LC booths take about 5%.
LC is the only normal couple that has a chance of getting listed as a separate category in Code Geass doujinshi conventions.

LC dominates in the normal couple category like how a certain couple dominates in the yaoi couple category.
Old 2008-06-03, 13:33   Link #5125
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I apologize for the comment then. You never seemed all that interested anyway, but I wasn't sure.

So wait. The yaoi couples are more popular than any of the other normal couples? For some reason, that does not surprise me.

Hmm, so that couple is the more popular one? I'm a little surprised by some of that, but I suppose there must be something they like about her. I'm not sure if Taniguchi cares what they think though since I'll think he'll do what he wants no matter what.

Thanks in any case.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-03, 13:52   Link #5126
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
So wait. The yaoi couples are more popular than any of the other normal couples? For some reason, that does not surprise me.
In fandom, yaoi pairings are neraly always more popular then the hetro pairings as matter of fact

Quote:
Hmm, so that couple is the more popular one? I'm a little surprised by some of that, but I suppose there must be something they like about her. I'm not sure if Taniguchi cares what they think though since I'll think he'll do what he wants no matter what.
Well, Lelouch X C.C. had a whole season to grow on the fans, so it's understandable.. <_<. And they've probably had plenty of time to be wooed by her tragic character, her crazyness for pizza and funny little ways - and so on... . Besides, as I said, for season 1 at least, Lelouch X C.C. was the obvious pairing so people may just have gone with the flow <_<. Anyway, I'äm sure as hell hoping that whichever Taniguchi chooses to go or don't go with, h won't fdo so because of pressure from the fans, so to speak .
Old 2008-06-03, 13:55   Link #5127
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
I apologize for the comment then. You never seemed all that interested anyway, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks in any case.
No problem.

The yaoi couple dominating is probably due to the fact that girls are more enthusiastic in making websites and doujinshi.
According to a recent market survey, the gender ratio in Code Geass audience is 50-50. (The pie chart in pink and blue in the scan below.)

BTW, the other pie chart is for age group. 15% are jr. high students, 24% are high school students, 24% are college students, 32% are working, and 3% are others.
Old 2008-06-03, 14:28   Link #5128
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
In fandom, yaoi pairings are neraly always more popular then the hetro pairings as matter of fact

Well, Lelouch X C.C. had a whole season to grow on the fans, so it's understandable.. <_<. And they've probably had plenty of time to be wooed by her tragic character, her crazyness for pizza and funny little ways - and so on... . Besides, as I said, for season 1 at least, Lelouch X C.C. was the obvious pairing so people may just have gone with the flow <_<. Anyway, I'äm sure as hell hoping that whichever Taniguchi chooses to go or don't go with, h won't fdo so because of pressure from the fans, so to speak .
I wasn't entirely aware of that. I knew yaoi pairings were popular, but not that much.

I guess that is true to some degree. Had Kallen gotten the screentime and scenes she is getting now the situation would probably be in reverse. Taniguchi doesn't seem the type to simply cater to fans and he has shown through how much they are pushing Kallen in terms of romance how he doesn't care whether C.C. is popular or not.

So you'll get your wish. He said he cares about the fans, but that this is his story to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
No problem.

The yaoi couple dominating is probably due to the fact that girls are more enthusiastic in making websites and doujinshi.
According to a recent market survey, the gender ratio in Code Geass audience is 50-50. (The pie chart in pink and blue in the scan below.)

BTW, the other pie chart is for age group. 15% are jr. high students, 24% are high school students, 24% are college students, 32% are working, and 3% are others.
Is 50-50 pretty good for a series like this?

It's pretty well spread among the different ages as well.

Old 2008-06-03, 14:39   Link #5129
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I wasn't entirely aware of that. I knew yaoi pairings were popular, but not that much.

I guess that is true to some degree. Had Kallen gotten the screentime and scenes she is getting now the situation would probably be in reverse. Taniguchi doesn't seem the type to simply cater to fans and he has shown through how much they are pushing Kallen in terms of romance how he doesn't care whether C.C. is popular or not.

So you'll get your wish.
That depends, Bandai has a history of pressuring the directors to change things. If the fans are really dead set against Kallen and Lulu and are vocal about it, then it comes down to whether or not Bandai will care enough about Code Geass to please the fans and whether Taniguchi will cave or tell them to shove it.
Old 2008-06-03, 14:45   Link #5130
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
That depends, Bandai has a history of pressuring the directors to change things. If the fans are really dead set against Kallen and Lulu and are vocal about it, then it comes down to whether or not Bandai will care enough about Code Geass to please the fans and whether Taniguchi will cave or tell them to shove it.
Example please?

Last I checked, any changes are the Director's idea.
(And if you list Fukuda you lose; Bandai's influence in that show was exaggerated and miss-informed.)
Old 2008-06-03, 14:46   Link #5131
DarkLordOfkichiku

Lightbulb

Quote:
Then you haven't paid much attention to the fandom . Yaoi pairings are popular enough.. Though they're especially popular when the characters in question are something of a mix of enemies/rivals/friends and Lelouch and Suzaku certainly fits the bill there (as does Naruto and Sasuke from Naruto as well as Athrun and Kira from GS, I expect )

Quote:
Maybe, through part of the problem is also that Kallen was a a matter of fact a Zero fangirl last season. It's rather different thus season because she now knows who Lelouch is, which means that she faces him as the one he is, sorta - not as the one she thought that he was (in season 1), which is good because it means she isn't blindly devoted to him as before.

Quote:
So you'll get your wish. He said he cares about the fans, but that this is his story to tell..
Well, we'll see about that. OTOH, this is the guys who decided to keep Orange-kun in the story because of his popularity among the fans, so...
Old 2008-06-03, 14:49   Link #5132
Pan chan
I am a slipper :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well Tanagushi is not Fukuda, but you're scaring me O_o. You think Bandai can force Tanagushi to do that o_O I mean, that would be so unfair !
Old 2008-06-03, 14:51   Link #5133
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Is 50-50 pretty good for a series like this?
It's pretty well spread among the different ages as well.
It's nice to be balanced... both storywise and marketing-wise.
I think Code Geass has a lousy merchandise line, though. They don't give us enough appealing stuff to buy. ><

Quote:
Well, we'll see about that. OTOH, this is the guys who decided to keep Orange-kun in the story because of his popularity among the fans, so...
They killed Euphemia although the fans begged not to.

Orange is kept alive because he's fun. Lloyd became more like a mad scientist than originally planned because it's fun.
Other than the fun stuff, I don't think they give in that easily.
Old 2008-06-03, 15:01   Link #5134
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan chan
Well Tanagushi is not Fukuda, but you're scaring me O_o. You think Bandai can force Tanagushi to do that o_O I mean, that would be so unfair !
Well, I have my doubts that they'd acxtually do it as well, but as I understand it, the viewing-ratings are important to a show in Japan and thus, if they feel that making the most popular pairing come true is what they need to keep those rates, then they might actually pressure'em into doing it <_<.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu

Orange is kept alive because he's fun. Lloyd became more like a mad scientist than originally planned because it's fun.
Hmm, is that so? Well, that's sort of reassuring then . Though it could of course depend on exactly how "important" they judge that a pairing is tot he show...
Old 2008-06-03, 15:02   Link #5135
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Correction; Orange-kun was kept because of his popularity among the production team. All the way from Director, script writer, animators and voice actress, they loved Jeremiah to death.

Just like how Pizza was written deep into the script because they can, Jeremiah was kept because he was too much fun to leave out. This happens all the time.

(An example would be Kaname Chidori of "Full Metal Panic!". She was suppose to be a once-off character, appearing as a damsel in distress and never to be heard of again after the first story arc. But the author ended up rewriting her as the main heroine before he even published it. The original love-interest, Tessa, was pushed aside.)

Quote:
Well, I have my doubts that they'd acxtually do it as well, but as I understand it, the viewing-ratings are important to a show in Japan and thus, if they feel that making the most popular pairing come true is what they need to keep those rates, then they might actually pressure'em into doing it <_<.
Viewing ratings are NOT that important. Sunrise is not getting paid that way. The only way the rating would matter is as a measure of potential DVD sales, which as we know can often have no correlations with viewership.

The TV station isn't going to kick Code Geass off the timeslot even if no one is watching, as Sunrise has already paid for the timeslot in full. And Sunrise will not care that no one is watching if the DVD sales are good. (And they ARE good, from what I remember.)
Old 2008-06-03, 15:12   Link #5136
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Then you haven't paid much attention to the fandom . Yaoi pairings are popular enough.. Though they're especially popular when the characters in question are something of a mix of enemies/rivals/friends and Lelouch and Suzaku certainly fits the bill there (as does Naruto and Sasuke from Naruto as well as Athrun and Kira from GS, I expect )

Maybe, through part of the problem is also that Kallen was a a matter of fact a Zero fangirl last season. It's rather different thus season because she now knows who Lelouch is, which means that she faces him as the one he is, sorta - not as the one she thought that he was (in season 1), which is good because it means she isn't blindly devoted to him as before.

I don't usually go places where there is a lot of talk about yaoi pairings. The most I've seen is all the images in the Image thread, though I suppose that those are proof enough.

Well, she was. I don't think they ever intended on keeping her like that though and I think everyone would have gotten tired of her had she kept it up. She may not be as blind as before though she still wants him to act like Zero should, whatever that means.

If he catered to fans, there would actually have been scenes with C.C., which there haven't been any of. Instead they've been doing all this development and scenes with Kallen which should be evidence enough of where they are going since they can't just switch to someone else later on without it being badly written and rushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
It's nice to be balanced... both storywise and marketing-wise.
I think Code Geass has a lousy merchandise line, though. They don't give us enough appealing stuff to buy. ><

Hmm, I thought it might. I agree on the merchandise though. I've seen a few good things here and there, but it doesn't seem as great as some other shows.

I didn't know they liked her that much. Then again, she was similar to Lacus. Good example though that he doesn't care all that much about what they think.

They only seem to do it with stuff like that that doesn't really matter all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
(An example would be Kaname Chidori of "Full Metal Panic!". She was suppose to be a once-off character, appearing as a damsel in distress and never to be heard of again after the first story arc. But the author ended up rewriting her as the main heroine before he even published it. The original love-interest, Tessa, was pushed aside.)
Really? I never knew that. Well, that shows you that they can change things to whatever they want if they choose to. I suppose one could consider that a good example of what may have been happening here, though C.C. never seemed like an original anything.

If they were going to have someone else other then Kallen get Lelouch, there would have been some sign of it by now. There hasn't and they have put a lot of focus on her so there isn't much argument for anyone else anymore except a few minor scenes that are probably meant to cater to fans.

Old 2008-06-03, 15:16   Link #5137
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
....goddamnit. I hate FMP because of Kaname. She's just WAY too over the top tsundere for my tastes. Sure if her and Sousuke hooked up in season 1 it wouldn't be aas annoying but 3 seasons (well 2.5 if you wanna be picky) and they are still at the "I can't say I like you" stage, bleh. The "original" story you describe sounds like it would have appealed to me more, and not because of the Tessa LI, but because it would involve more action and mechs instead of school life antics. Military on submarince antics would have been much more entertaining, escpecially with characters like Kurz. Oh well. Wasted potential in my opinion.

err yeah anyway Code Geass blah blah on topic blah
Old 2008-06-03, 15:19   Link #5138
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm not too fond of her either personally, though I don't follow that series too much at all. The school life stuff got old with me as well.

Old 2008-06-03, 15:23   Link #5139
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
....goddamnit. I hate FMP because of Kaname. She's just WAY too over the top tsundere for my tastes. Sure if her and Sousuke hooked up in season 1 it wouldn't be aas annoying but 3 seasons (well 2.5 if you wanna be picky) and they are still at the "I can't say I like you" stage, bleh. The "original" story you describe sounds like it would have appealed to me more, and not because of the Tessa LI, but because it would involve more action and mechs instead of school life antics. Military on submarince antics would have been much more entertaining, escpecially with characters like Kurz. Oh well. Wasted potential in my opinion.

err yeah anyway Code Geass blah blah on topic blah
Blame the editor. The Author was told he wouldn't get to publish the military-themed story he wanted without high school high-jinks. Be careful of what you wish for; the FMP novels have reached a very bloody turn right now.

As for Code Geass, just want to point out that DVD sales have passed 700,000.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=4424
That's a respectable number for any series, so there is no pressure from anyone.
Old 2008-06-03, 15:27   Link #5140
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I doubt Taniguchi ever cared much about about the fans feelings regarding his series. He just wants to tell a story from the way he usually comes off in interviews and such. I don't think they're going to bother addressing the feelings of any of the other girls or bother fooling some of us with scenes or something. Taniguchi was pretty clear on this in other series and he's made it clear who he picked as the LI.

Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance