AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Pairing in Code Geass R2
Lelouch Stays Single 141 13.51%
Lelouch x C.C. 678 64.94%
Lelouch x Kallen 340 32.57%
Lelouch x Millay 54 5.17%
Lelouch x Harem 121 11.59%
Suzaku Stays Single 148 14.18%
Suzaku x Nunally 60 5.75%
Lloyd x Millay 23 2.20%
Viletta x Ougi 179 17.15%
Rival x Millay 93 8.91%
Lloyd x Cecile 116 11.11%
Kanon x Nina 45 4.31%
Xing-ke x Tianzi 150 14.37%
Todou x Chiba 81 7.76%
Gino x Anya 52 4.98%
Cornelia x Guilford 142 13.60%
Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-25, 21:55   Link #9081
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny1027 View Post
NinaxTable-kun > NinaxEuphie
Don't forget that Nina had a picture of Euphie with her when she was with Table-kun I don't think she loved him/her/it that much ;_;
Old 2008-10-26, 01:25   Link #9082
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
But if we go by specs, then ultimate offense matches best with ultimate defense: Guren x Shinkurou
LOL, now we have the ultimate 攻め(seme)Xthe ultimate 受け(uke)....
Old 2008-10-26, 02:12   Link #9083
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Do some of you consider NunnallyxLelouch to be a crack pairing? I'd say that it's slightly crack and well within the realm of incest. Yet it's like the most canon pairing in the whole show.
Old 2008-10-26, 02:18   Link #9084
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
Yet it's like the most canon pairing in the whole show.
I do second that.
Old 2008-10-26, 05:14   Link #9085
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

I've be re-watching CG and just saw a moment I should have remembered, with me being a C.C. Lelouch lover! It's now one of my favorite lines =)

"C.C., I don't know why snow is white, but I do find such white snow beautiful. I don't dislike it at all."

Last edited by Shadowcatch; 2008-10-26 at 06:28.
Old 2008-10-26, 07:54   Link #9086
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
"C.C., I don't know why snow is white, but I do find such white snow beautiful. I don't dislike it at all."
That's a favorite of mine too. Lelouch knows how to find the right words to be comforting with someone as cynical as C.C, and even be romantic about it (even though he probably doesn't even realize it). When you know that C.C's original wish was merely to be loved, those words take even more importance.
Old 2008-10-26, 07:59   Link #9087
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
That's a favorite of mine too. Lelouch knows how to find the right words to be comforting with someone as cynical as C.C, and even be romantic about it (even though he probably doesn't even realize it). When you know that C.C's original wish was merely to be loved, those words take even more importance.
Lelouch x C.C. really is the closest thing to being a romantic couple in CG. With Kallen x Lulu next closest pair. Too bad that it's not until R2 that Kalulu becomes much more romantic (well, relatively).
Old 2008-10-26, 08:06   Link #9088
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Lelouch x C.C. really is the closest thing to being a romantic couple in CG. With Kallen x Lulu next closest pair. Too bad that it's not until R2 that Kalulu becomes much more romantic (well, relatively).
even more so when you remember just how very little time they had to spend together in R2 before she was captured since lelouch wasnt hiding in the CF building most of the time
and she got captured only 10 days after getting to the CF terittory (thats what the eunich's said) they couldnt have been together in the same place more then half a month
they spent an extremely short amount of time together (and never the less rival CluCLlu and shrlulu in terms of development)
Old 2008-10-26, 08:11   Link #9089
Ardjet
Unreturner

And exacty this little amount of time makes Kalulu looks so forced and fake.(I don't know what the writers were looking for but obviously it didn't work quite well).For me LLXCC is the only canon pairing from the beginning of the show.The next possible romantic couple could have been LLXShirley (which I would hate to see).I still don't see the point in discussing such matters when the show is already in the past.

Only one of us can ride forever so you and I can't live or die together.All we can do is collide together so I won't stop until I'm forever one!
Old 2008-10-26, 08:16   Link #9090
Eliarine

Quote:
I never really saw that many "romantic" scenes per say between Lelouch and Kallen, but I'll let the Kalulu fans interpret their pairing as they like.

I like how Lelouch and C.C's relationship evolved throughout the series. C.C imposed her presence on him in the beginning, but from then on it was as though they'd known each other for a long time already, arguing and teasing each other like an old couple. The romantic allusions almost seemed to come naturally after that, but stayed very touching. =)
Old 2008-10-26, 08:17   Link #9091
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardjet View Post
And exacty this little amount of time makes Kalulu looks so forced and fake to me.
fixed it for you

p.s
this is lolipop's post
Kalulu moments.

Spoiler for lolipop's post:

add to that the fact that he applied the whole "push away those things you truly tresure" to kallen one episode after being reminded of it and you have a much clearer understanding

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2008-10-26 at 08:45.
Old 2008-10-26, 08:42   Link #9092
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

LOL, Kalulu is not romance, it's hormones....
Old 2008-10-26, 08:48   Link #9093
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

I don't like Kallen being compared to Nunally. o.o
The person Lelouch loves most after his sister is clearly Suzaku. And he didn't push him away.
Old 2008-10-26, 08:49   Link #9094
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
The person Lelouch loves most after his sister is clearly Suzaku. And he didn't push him away.
OH so u support LelouchxSuzaku?
Old 2008-10-26, 08:50   Link #9095
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
and destroyed his life as a result
while pushing nunnaly AND kallen away so they could have a future
after all that happened between them i dont know how friendly they really are at that point
some people are friends
some people are best friends
and some people are more
Old 2008-10-26, 08:55   Link #9096
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
after all that happened between them i dont know how friendly they really are at that point
some people are friends
and some people are more
And Lelouch and Suzaku's relationship fits in the "more" category. Didn't someone post a translation yesterday that said just that? Since Nogitsune pointed out that Suzaku is the person Lelouch loves most after Nunally, I'd say that yes, they are still "friends" at the very least.
Old 2008-10-26, 08:55   Link #9097
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
OH so u support LelouchxSuzaku?
Nope.
As I already mentioned a few times, I don't support any pairing involving Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Huh. To me, it's quite obvious that they are still best friends. o.o

Quote:
some people are friends
and some people are more
Yeah, more.
Because romantic love is always more important than friendship. o.o
I disagree.
Suzaku is the clearly the one who knows Lelouch best. And the same is true the other way round.
Old 2008-10-26, 08:56   Link #9098
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Well, SuzaLelou IS canon...as well as LelouNunna...going by clamp-ish standards of pairings/ships...
Careless about gender, age, relationship of blood..... bond/kisuna is all that matters.
Old 2008-10-26, 09:00   Link #9099
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
And Lelouch and Suzaku's relationship fits in the "more" category. Didn't someone post a translation yesterday that said just that? Since Nogitsune pointed out that Suzaku is the person Lelouch loves most after Nunally, I'd say that yes, they are still "friends" at the very least.
the translation said suzkau knew him better then anyone else
but that does not mean he loved him better then anyone else
by ep 18 he wanted to kill him (really wanted to kill him, not felt he had to)
and by the end of the show both were ready to take part in a plan DESIGNED to destroy their lives (kill lelouch, and make suzaku wear a mask forever)
and neither one tried to talk the other out of it
friends help you move
best friends help you move dead bodies
but love (true love, not the same as friendship) means doing what is best for the other person over what is best for you
even if it means pushing them away to protect them
Old 2008-10-26, 09:00   Link #9100
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardjet View Post
And exacty this little amount of time makes Kalulu looks so forced and fake.(I don't know what the writers were looking for but obviously it didn't work quite well).For me LLXCC is the only canon pairing from the beginning of the show.The next possible romantic couple could have been LLXShirley (which I would hate to see).I still don't see the point in discussing such matters when the show is already in the past.
I symphatize with you. I used to consider C.C. as the only one who can be with Lelouch too. Then I got curious about why there seemed to be a lot of Kalulu fans. From how I see it, Kalulu's essence is Kallen's uncertainty about how Lelouch feels about her. At some point after R1, we can say that Kallen started to admire Lelouch more. (i.e. gets a crush on him). Well, I'm not sure if this goes for everyone, but when you get to interact with your crush, you tend to be more conscious about his words and actions towards you. You tend to overanalyze things. In effect, it increases the tension you feel when he does something that could be misinterpreted. (i.e. thoughts that ask "Did what he do/tell me means that he might like me"?) Since Kallen's a teenager who apparently doesn't seem to have had a lot of ex-boyfriends, she's prone to being overanalytic about Lelouch, whom she might have a crush on.

Kallen has good reasons to like Lelouch. For one, he's overprotective of Q1, or Kallen. From our POV as the audience, it may just be because Kallen is the Ace of the Black Knights. But if you're Kallen, who knew that it was Lelouch under that mask, you might interpret it as something more. Same with the time when Lelouch asked Kallen to go back with her to Ashford. And then when he put his jacket on Kallen. Moreover, he's handsome and has a very charismatic personality. Finally, when Lelouch told her to live on, she must have pondered alot why he said that.

That said, it's apparent that Kallen was jealous of C.C. for being with Lelouch a lot. She knew that C.C. was important to Lelouch. When C.C. lost her memories, Kallen was slightly distraught. For all she knew, C.C. was probably Lelouch's lover.

In summary, without assuming too much, we can say that Kallen probably had a major crush on Lelouch. It's tragic that she never got to hear Lelouch's answer whether he liked her or not. It might just have been one sided, but that's enough to spark the Kalulu ship.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance