AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-06, 05:42   Link #21
Shelbrit

Images
Celia
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
From Riv, the illustrator of Seirei Gensouki
https://mobile.twitter.com/rivleaf

Last edited by Shelbrit; 2021-07-06 at 07:14.
Shelbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-06, 12:24   Link #22
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Pretty good start. Honestly not sure if I'm going to watch this (rare occurrence for me). It's got nothing to do with what's on now, just a personal dislike of one particular point that I can't get into for quite a while. It's a minor point so I don't think it matters much to say this.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-06, 12:30   Link #23
Wandering Soul

It was an alright start. I do like how his new identity and old memories are clashing. It's preferable to just being reincarnated and knowing everything immediately.
Old 2021-07-07, 02:34   Link #24
tsunade666

a good start. Not that great but not bad either. I liked the arts in the ED song.
Old 2021-07-07, 15:12   Link #25
Kazane

The protagonist is far less incensed by the whole "mistreating your benefactor" thing than I would be. I would have made a bigger deal out of it, maybe guilt-trip the silver-haired girl a little more.

I guess that pettiness is why I'm no harem protagonist.
Kazane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-07, 17:00   Link #26
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Another anime counted as soul transfer is Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan o Erande Iraremasen, which means Booklover cannot become a librarian. The story is a book lover who was killed by a fire, but her soul is transferred to a girl, who just passed away due to the illness.
Also more commonly known as Honzuki no Gekokujou.

Pretty good first episode. So far the isekai angle seems not really worth it, because this would work just as well as a normal fantasy show, but I guess we need to keep making those ise-dollars. ^^ Although I guess Haruto's personality is influencing his decision-making and he gets a magical power boost as well. Still, it seems Rio kept his personality, instead of just being overwritten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazane View Post
The protagonist is far less incensed by the whole "mistreating your benefactor" thing than I would be. I would have made a bigger deal out of it, maybe guilt-trip the silver-haired girl a little more.

I'm pretty sure that douchebag knight is in for some hurting in his near future. No need to take it out on the pretty girl who only has ever treated you with kindness and has been helpful in every way.
Old 2021-07-07, 17:06   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Also more commonly known as Honzuki no Gekokujou.

Pretty good first episode. So far the isekai angle seems not really worth it, because this would work just as well as a normal fantasy show, but I guess we need to keep making those ise-dollars. ^^ Although I guess Haruto's personality is influencing his decision-making and he gets a magical power boost as well. Still, it seems Rio kept his personality, instead of just being overwritten.
Judging by the OP, he wasn't the only one to get isekaied, so maybe it'll matter more in the future.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-07, 17:07   Link #28
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Hey, this homeless brat literally saved our princess!

Torture is it then.

Me: Bitch, you WHAT?
Old 2021-07-07, 17:44   Link #29
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazane View Post

Admittedly she felt pretty bad about it when she had no idea what they were doing to him before they found out what was happening, and she immediately healed him. I can understand why he didn't feel like guilt-tripping her any more.

It also might have helped that he now might have the mental maturity of a college student.
Old 2021-07-08, 03:32   Link #30
Shelbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Hey, this homeless brat literally saved our princess!

Torture is it then.

Me: Bitch, you WHAT?
Most of the nobles of that country are arrogant and stupid. They only believe in lineage supremacy. So don't be surprised of all of them being stupid and asshole, they are created to be like that. The one who tortured Rio, Charles, was head of the security and supposed to protect Princess Flora and he failed so he tries to protect his position by making Rio a scapegoat with force. The torture is kinda toned down. He is a piece of shit anyway.

If Rio didn't get his memories as Haruto he wouldn't be this 'mature'. He just wants to get out of there with the least amount trouble possible. He will act polite generally and he won't be cold towards the people who are kind and have good intentions towards him and don't look down on him.

There are some slight changes from LN. I saw 4-5 of them at least. If they adapted some monologues (short ones, not all of them) and made Rio's gaze sharper it would be better for me.
Old 2021-07-08, 04:28   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

Vanessa doesn't seem to be good at her job. "Just answer some questions at the castle and then you're free to go."

Interrogator proceeds to beat the snot out of him. She claims "it was to be handled courteously" right after but does she really not know how it would go especially with the person who was in charge?
Old 2021-07-08, 05:53   Link #32
Shelbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Vanessa doesn't seem to be good at her job. "Just answer some questions at the castle and then you're free to go."

Interrogator proceeds to beat the snot out of him. She claims "it was to be handled courteously" right after but does she really not know how it would go especially with the person who was in charge?
Vanessa's subordinates were supposed to interrogate him but Charles took over. She didn't know that, well she is useless though. I don't know why her subordinates didn't inform her, they seem to be incompetent.
Old 2021-07-08, 09:31   Link #33
Frontier

I think Vanessa probably was focused on the princess' recovery and just assumed too much regarding Rio's questioning...
Old 2021-07-08, 10:13   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She's a noble. How much does she care?
Old 2021-07-08, 10:14   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's a noble. How much does she care?
Well, cared in as far as she didn't intend for him to get beaten and tortured.
Old 2021-07-08, 19:38   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There's a lot going on with this one which isn't a bad thing. I do like the handling of the isekai element so far. It's not just a guy taking over a body of some kid and erasing them from existence like some series. More like a merging of the two individuals. MC isn't just Rio or Haruto, but basically both. Or I suppose you could say he's mostly Rio, but it's tough to draw the line too cleanly.

Talk about taking things to another level. Rather than the isekai bus hitting someone, it was someone on the isekai bus getting hit by the isekai train! Well along with the other individuals on the bus that went along for the ride.

I suppose the MC has enough of a wider view to know that being pissed at the person that healed him and was clearly upset at what happened wouldn't help much. He did vent his frustrations anyways when initially dropped down. Might also be the fact that he's still in a confused state due to the whole merging thing.

I'm kind of glad he didn't keep his frustrations targeted at Celia anyways since she is the most likable person in the show so far . She handled things with Rio really well to start and to finish the episode. Rather than the hot-headed princess who asks questions, but never lets anyone finish a sentence. Can tell I'm really going to love that girl...But anyways, Celia was a top tier character in this one.

Just going to presume that the mysterious girl that helped Haruto/Rio out in handling magic is the girl that he initially promised to marry as a kid. I also share the questions on how they are going to handle things here in terms of character relationships. Celia does have major 'main heroine' vibes. But you have the spirit girl and all of that stuff to take into account. Not sure how they'll handle that.

Got some real P5 vibes with the corrupt official beating up a kid and trying to force him to confess to something he didn't do. I'm going to put most of this on the scumbag doing it and the guys that only gave weak "well...maybe we shouldn't" reactions to him beating a child half to death. Vanessa was incompetent though. Didn't handle things well in seeking information or even in making sure that the questioning went in a proper manner. But in the end the message was passed on and the blame goes on the guy that ignored it.

Not a bad first episode overall. I'm curious to see how this one plays out.
Old 2021-07-08, 21:33   Link #37
Xiyon

Not a bad start.

Hopefully, Rio's identity crisis won't be a throwaway plot point after this episode. I'm also kinda curious about the opening sequence since it all but tells us outright that there's more than one person isekai'd into this world, so part of the fun, I suppose, will be figuring out who's who and how they've adjusted.

I also like how the MC isn't totally a pushover. I hope that isn't some throwaway trait, too.

The kingdom needs to fall, though, so that's another thing to look forward to. Even most of the princess' entourage are a bunch of elitist idiots. It hasn't quite reached the aneurysm-inducing contrivance as Shiled Hero or Arifureta, but it's still there.

I guess my only nitpick so far is, I've got no idea where to profile this story apart from "all of the above". I mean, there's elements of harem / romance isekai and elements of revenge isekai. What else is joining the mix?

Still, overall, not a bad start.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 22:28   Link #38
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Not a bad start.

Hopefully, Rio's identity crisis won't be a throwaway plot point after this episode. I'm also kinda curious about the opening sequence since it all but tells us outright that there's more than one person isekai'd into this world, so part of the fun, I suppose, will be figuring out who's who and how they've adjusted.

I also like how the MC isn't totally a pushover. I hope that isn't some throwaway trait, too.

The kingdom needs to fall, though, so that's another thing to look forward to. Even most of the princess' entourage are a bunch of elitist idiots. It hasn't quite reached the aneurysm-inducing contrivance as Shiled Hero or Arifureta, but it's still there.

I guess my only nitpick so far is, I've got no idea where to profile this story apart from "all of the above". I mean, there's elements of harem / romance isekai and elements of revenge isekai. What else is joining the mix?

Well, I don't know if the kingdom needs to fall, we haven't even met the king and queen yet, and Flora seems nice...but that one knight definitely needs a comeuppance and Christina could use some humble pie .
Old 2021-07-08, 23:23   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post

Even though the MC's been wronged, I'm not sure revenge is really in the cards. Not to the "revenge isekai" point, anyway.
Old 2021-07-10, 00:36   Link #40
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Even though the MC's been wronged, I'm not sure revenge is really in the cards. Not to the "revenge isekai" point, anyway.
The story from the first episode is not enough to tell the direction of the story. The events are fractrues.

Flashback 1;
The MC makes promise to his childhood friend. The promise is to proect her. Anime somehow translates to love confession. The childhood freind agrees and promises to get married. Then, the MC grows up. He encounters his childhood friend walking and laughing with another man.

Flashback 2:
The MC rides on bus and sees a girl looking at him. Then, he dies.

Flashback 3:
The MC in the isekai world remember his conversation with his mohter. Then, he wakes up.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote