AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-09-20, 23:37   Link #121
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Wow, so you are telling me that waiting for the wedding day itself was unnecessary and that if they had actually talked properly about the circumstances the night before and done as I detailed in my other comment (which happens to be very close to what happened) literally nothing would have changed outside of Rio just shaming every guard in the city and Celia wearing a wedding dress? ... Ya don't say.
I think the culmination of the time that built up to that moment helped make it decisive and implored Celia's decision in a way that she wouldn't have done that night she talked to Rio.

That and she looked very nice in the wedding dress. Really sold the princess carry .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 00:30   Link #122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Wow, so you are telling me that waiting for the wedding day itself was unnecessary and that if they had actually talked properly about the circumstances the night before and done as I detailed in my other comment (which happens to be very close to what happened) literally nothing would have changed outside of Rio just shaming every guard in the city and Celia wearing a wedding dress? ... Ya don't say.
He also made it clear she didn't run away - she was kidnapped. And while under the Arbor's family's custody, rather than her father's.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 13:48   Link #123
Lex79
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Italy
We need a second season just to see Celia's reaction when seeing Rio's current harem.
Anyway, with such a cliffhanger, they are really pushing people to read the novels...
__________________
You will die, mortal
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 14:52   Link #124
Huh...?
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
We need a second season just to see Celia's reaction when seeing Rio's current harem.
Anyway, with such a cliffhanger, they are really pushing people to read the novels...
Or, help to boost the "Crowdfunding" they had been running since the start of the Anime adaptation.
__________________
Position on Fandom/Wikia:

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 22:12   Link #125
Strahan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I'm enjoying the show just fine as a generic fantasy anime (although I am definitely glad that it doesn't rely on videogame mechanics like the vast majority of isekai trash nowadays), but (all throughout the show) you can see where writer really wants you to think his OC is the bestest ever just for the sake of making him look "cool" and nothing else. Sure, it pulls it of slightly better than most other series in the same vein, but at this point I am personally tired of that in anime.
Ehh.. dunno about the better part. Totally agree about the lack of videogame mechanics being a boon though. So tired of show after show having their isekai'd person wave a finger in the air and be like "oh, cool, my stats GUI. Ok then." and not like "HOLY S**T what is this, WTF is going on!!?!? OMG" and freaking out lol.

Rio though is such a Marty Stu as to be headache inducing heh. Everything he does has to be cool and suave. If I watch a power fantasy show, I prefer one like uhh crap I can't remember the name. The one with the resurrected demon lord that goes to school but history changed his name; he is Anus Voldemort or something lol. He loop kills/heals a dude, schools a teacher on magic and picks up a castle and throws it and stuff. That and Kaze no Stigma. I guess the commonality with them is the MCs are snarky and not trying to be white knights, I guess that is why I liked those power fantasy MCs over someone like Rio.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 22:39   Link #126
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Ehh.. dunno about the better part. Totally agree about the lack of videogame mechanics being a boon though. So tired of show after show having their isekai'd person wave a finger in the air and be like "oh, cool, my stats GUI. Ok then." and not like "HOLY S**T what is this, WTF is going on!!?!? OMG" and freaking out lol.

Rio though is such a Marty Stu as to be headache inducing heh. Everything he does has to be cool and suave. If I watch a power fantasy show, I prefer one like uhh crap I can't remember the name. The one with the resurrected demon lord that goes to school but history changed his name; he is Anus Voldemort or something lol. He loop kills/heals a dude, schools a teacher on magic and picks up a castle and throws it and stuff. That and Kaze no Stigma. I guess the commonality with them is the MCs are snarky and not trying to be white knights, I guess that is why I liked those power fantasy MCs over someone like Rio.
Misfit of Demon King Academy ?
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 22:49   Link #127
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Ehh.. dunno about the better part. Totally agree about the lack of videogame mechanics being a boon though. So tired of show after show having their isekai'd person wave a finger in the air and be like "oh, cool, my stats GUI. Ok then." and not like "HOLY S**T what is this, WTF is going on!!?!? OMG" and freaking out lol.

Rio though is such a Marty Stu as to be headache inducing heh. Everything he does has to be cool and suave. If I watch a power fantasy show, I prefer one like uhh crap I can't remember the name. The one with the resurrected demon lord that goes to school but history changed his name; he is Anus Voldemort or something lol. He loop kills/heals a dude, schools a teacher on magic and picks up a castle and throws it and stuff. That and Kaze no Stigma. I guess the commonality with them is the MCs are snarky and not trying to be white knights, I guess that is why I liked those power fantasy MCs over someone like Rio.
When I said slightly better I meant like less than a fraction better than others.

Also, I keep calling him Kirito for a good reason.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 00:09   Link #128
Lex79
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Italy
I heard the author being a woman as a possible explanation for why Rio is portrayed as such a perfect boyfriend material. Maybe in her view giving him a tragic past should balance things out and make him relatable.
I don't dislike Rio as a protagonist (sometimes he makes me angry, but for different reasons) but there is no denying how perfect and gentlemanly he is.
__________________
You will die, mortal
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 07:49   Link #129
jagt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I heard the author being a woman as a possible explanation for why Rio is portrayed as such a perfect boyfriend material. Maybe in her view giving him a tragic past should balance things out and make him relatable.
I don't dislike Rio as a protagonist (sometimes he makes me angry, but for different reasons) but there is no denying how perfect and gentlemanly he is.
The author being a woman is an old, fake urban legend. If you look for them, there are transcriptions of interviews where the author and his interviewers joke about how many use to mistake him for a woman.
__________________
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 09:44   Link #130
EroKing
Version Zero
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wherever the fanservice is
Age: 36
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 10:58   Link #131
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The most surprising thing is Aishia actually wearing clothes .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.