AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-20, 23:37   Link #121
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Wow, so you are telling me that waiting for the wedding day itself was unnecessary and that if they had actually talked properly about the circumstances the night before and done as I detailed in my other comment (which happens to be very close to what happened) literally nothing would have changed outside of Rio just shaming every guard in the city and Celia wearing a wedding dress? ... Ya don't say.
I think the culmination of the time that built up to that moment helped make it decisive and implored Celia's decision in a way that she wouldn't have done that night she talked to Rio.

That and she looked very nice in the wedding dress. Really sold the princess carry .
Old 2021-09-21, 00:30   Link #122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Wow, so you are telling me that waiting for the wedding day itself was unnecessary and that if they had actually talked properly about the circumstances the night before and done as I detailed in my other comment (which happens to be very close to what happened) literally nothing would have changed outside of Rio just shaming every guard in the city and Celia wearing a wedding dress? ... Ya don't say.
He also made it clear she didn't run away - she was kidnapped. And while under the Arbor's family's custody, rather than her father's.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 13:48   Link #123
Lex79

We need a second season just to see Celia's reaction when seeing Rio's current harem.
Anyway, with such a cliffhanger, they are really pushing people to read the novels...
Old 2021-09-21, 14:52   Link #124
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
We need a second season just to see Celia's reaction when seeing Rio's current harem.
Anyway, with such a cliffhanger, they are really pushing people to read the novels...
Or, help to boost the "Crowdfunding" they had been running since the start of the Anime adaptation.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 22:12   Link #125
Strahan

Quote:
I'm enjoying the show just fine as a generic fantasy anime (although I am definitely glad that it doesn't rely on videogame mechanics like the vast majority of isekai trash nowadays), but (all throughout the show) you can see where writer really wants you to think his OC is the bestest ever just for the sake of making him look "cool" and nothing else. Sure, it pulls it of slightly better than most other series in the same vein, but at this point I am personally tired of that in anime.
Ehh.. dunno about the better part. Totally agree about the lack of videogame mechanics being a boon though. So tired of show after show having their isekai'd person wave a finger in the air and be like "oh, cool, my stats GUI. Ok then." and not like "HOLY S**T what is this, WTF is going on!!?!? OMG" and freaking out lol.

Rio though is such a Marty Stu as to be headache inducing heh. Everything he does has to be cool and suave. If I watch a power fantasy show, I prefer one like uhh crap I can't remember the name. The one with the resurrected demon lord that goes to school but history changed his name; he is Anus Voldemort or something lol. He loop kills/heals a dude, schools a teacher on magic and picks up a castle and throws it and stuff. That and Kaze no Stigma. I guess the commonality with them is the MCs are snarky and not trying to be white knights, I guess that is why I liked those power fantasy MCs over someone like Rio.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 22:39   Link #126
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Ehh.. dunno about the better part. Totally agree about the lack of videogame mechanics being a boon though. So tired of show after show having their isekai'd person wave a finger in the air and be like "oh, cool, my stats GUI. Ok then." and not like "HOLY S**T what is this, WTF is going on!!?!? OMG" and freaking out lol.

Rio though is such a Marty Stu as to be headache inducing heh. Everything he does has to be cool and suave. If I watch a power fantasy show, I prefer one like uhh crap I can't remember the name. The one with the resurrected demon lord that goes to school but history changed his name; he is Anus Voldemort or something lol. He loop kills/heals a dude, schools a teacher on magic and picks up a castle and throws it and stuff. That and Kaze no Stigma. I guess the commonality with them is the MCs are snarky and not trying to be white knights, I guess that is why I liked those power fantasy MCs over someone like Rio.
Misfit of Demon King Academy ?
Old 2021-09-25, 22:49   Link #127
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post

When I said slightly better I meant like less than a fraction better than others.

Also, I keep calling him Kirito for a good reason.
Old 2021-09-26, 00:09   Link #128
Lex79

I heard the author being a woman as a possible explanation for why Rio is portrayed as such a perfect boyfriend material. Maybe in her view giving him a tragic past should balance things out and make him relatable.
I don't dislike Rio as a protagonist (sometimes he makes me angry, but for different reasons) but there is no denying how perfect and gentlemanly he is.
Old 2021-09-26, 07:49   Link #129
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I heard the author being a woman as a possible explanation for why Rio is portrayed as such a perfect boyfriend material. Maybe in her view giving him a tragic past should balance things out and make him relatable.
I don't dislike Rio as a protagonist (sometimes he makes me angry, but for different reasons) but there is no denying how perfect and gentlemanly he is.
The author being a woman is an old, fake urban legend. If you look for them, there are transcriptions of interviews where the author and his interviewers joke about how many use to mistake him for a woman.
Old 2021-09-30, 09:44   Link #130
EroKing
Version Zero

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-09-30, 10:58   Link #131
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The most surprising thing is Aishia actually wearing clothes .