AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-14, 00:48   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So is this like Megami Tensei? Aki-sensei is Chaos, Hoshi is Law, and Nozomi is Neutral?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-19, 17:03   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This could have very well been the last episode. I'm very curious to see where they'll go from here.

The cast being copies and their original selves having continued to live their lives in the real world was not something I ever would have guessed. Nozomi being dead is most likely the reason they couldn't sync up with their originals.

Given that there was a close-up shot showing she is wearing a skirt when Dog mentioned only students can drift, I guess Aki-sensei is a student with the power to shape-shift.

I was a bit confused about the experiment they ran with Mizuho. It was apparently in real-time, but the theater is only supposed to show Nagara's POV and he was inside the theater, not with her. So how did it work?
Old 2021-08-19, 17:13   Link #43
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Honestly this episode was such a mess that I don't even care to try to make sense out of it.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-19, 19:42   Link #44
Wandering Soul

For a while, this felt like it was going to be the last episode, so it only makes sense there was one huge twist left. I wonder where they'll go from here.
Old 2021-08-20, 05:51   Link #45
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And Tsuda Kenjirou checked off, we can proceed.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-20, 21:07   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

As for Aki-sensei, it is possible that she is an Aki-sensei that came to this world and never made it back, kinda like the dog?
That, or a student is pretending to be her, but since the above seems more complicated and fits in with this episode going on about how time is jumbled, it it more likely to be the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Honestly this episode was such a mess that I don't even care to try to make sense out of it.
I don't think it was too confusing. You could think of it as a parallel world, except the protagonist has lost.

Considering what the principal said about Nagara opening new possibilities, you could perhaps think:
That by building the boat and all of that stuff, Nagara and co. created a world where the kids do make it back. However, the Nagara and co. of this story are the Nagara and co. that did not make it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was a bit confused about the experiment they ran with Mizuho. It was apparently in real-time, but the theater is only supposed to show Nagara's POV and he was inside the theater, not with her. So how did it work?
He was inside the theatre, but he was watching the film. Therefore, you could say that that is his POV.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2021-08-20 at 21:20.
Old 2021-08-21, 08:32   Link #47
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I don't think it was too confusing. You could think of it as a parallel world, except the protagonist has lost.
I was talking about the whole episode not a specific thing. It's almost like they animated random parts of the storyboard instead of the full storyboard jumping left and right. There's a ton of stuff that you simply can't make sense out of it unless you come up with your own headcanon.

Quote:
He was inside the theatre, but he was watching the film. Therefore, you could say that that is his POV.
See here's an example. When they first explained that the movie showed Nagara's POV you could clearly see that the images shown were exactly what Nagara was seeing with his own eyes, even having the same effect of infinitely repeated images that you would experience if you pointed a camera to a screen it is feeding images to. Until this point it is perfectly logical.

But then you see Nagara looking at a scene that he clearly wasn't looking at with his own eyes. He was looking at a screen so the screen should have shown itself like it did previously. But let's even accept your interpretation (which is just something you came up with because there's no real explanation in the episode itself). Exactly how does that work? Why is the screen projecting Mizuho at that time? Why not any other place or any other person? Is it random? Is Nagara able to choose which part of the world the screen will project? Even in that case, how exactly is that logically connected to the explanation that was given earlier?

And like I said, this is just one, the episode is ridden with nonsensical stuff like this. I know this happened before, but not to this degree, they went completely overboard.

Old 2021-08-21, 13:22   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
(which is just something you came up with because there's no real explanation in the episode itself)
Uh yeah, this anime clearly has shown that it does not spend time explaining everything and wants you to look closely and hypothesize yourself. That said, understanding how this likely-episodic trinket works will not help broaden the story, so while I have seen people thinking about what the story means and how it will go from here, I've actually seen no one except you yet focusing on how the movie item works. Not that that is a bad thing though.

True, a basic anime probably would have inserted unnatural monologue and wasted time about how each and every trinket works though.

Old 2021-08-21, 14:06   Link #49
Magewolf

Quote:
Uh yeah, this anime clearly has shown that it does not spend time explaining everything and wants you to look closely and hypothesize yourself. That said, understanding how this likely-episodic trinket works will not help broaden the story, so while I have seen people thinking about what the story means and how it will go from here, I've actually seen no one except you yet focusing on how the movie item works. Not that that is a bad thing though.

True, a basic anime probably would have inserted unnatural monologue and wasted time about how each and every trinket works though.
Or perhaps would have worked harder to make everything self-constant.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-21, 14:36   Link #50
Dop
Mmmm....

I reckon this is a show which will totally reward a rewatch after it's done to see if you notice anything you didn't pay attention to at the time but turned out to be important later!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-21, 18:30   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Or perhaps would have worked harder to make everything self-constant.
I think it's a plot hole too but it could be explained later. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because so far, the show's been well written. Everything else made sense to me. I mean, I can't explain why a teenager would turn into a dog after 5000 years, but the dog is obviously hiding something so I'm assuming it'll be explained. Remember the first episode? They cleared up all the confusion in the first few minutes of the second episode.
Old 2021-08-23, 12:02   Link #52
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And Tsuda Kenjirou checked off, we can proceed.
The cast list on the page for this show at ANN is remarkably brief. I had to add Tsuda this morning. Probably not that many people watching so few people to add to the staff list.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-26, 17:05   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So if I got it right based on the two lines of explanation we got, Aki-sensei is here because she used to be a student at their school and she's actually the student Aki who drifted a while back. I guess she was an early bloomer. And she's part of a group who learned how to travel between worlds after a thousand years.

I'm not really sure why everybody left the island. Aki's group, I understand, since they were eating up her words. But why did Hoshi's group have to go? It's not like they're going to attempt to look for a way back, so why not stay on the nice tropical island where someone can order anything for you?

Nozomi is still in the process of making up her mind about staying or leaving so it seems like Nagara and Mizuho might end up together.
Old 2021-08-30, 18:03   Link #54
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

As always, this anime proves that you really need to pay attention to understand all the little details.

For instance, in episode 7, Nagara's hands blistered from the hard work. However, unlike the original world, things do not go back to the way they were. However, once Nagara flipped the world around, it became the opposite, thus Futatsuboshi, who got eaten, revived. This difference strengthens to the audience the reversal Nagara did.

Also, in Koumori's flashback, he is told (by Nagara?) that there is no meaning in being able to flip upside-down like that. This connects to Futatsuboshi talking about that there does not have to be meaning in doing something.
Also, I guess Nagara finds some meaning in flipping upside-down by the end? This, I'm not as sure was intended in the episode though.

Also, to note, but Western umbrellas are sometimes called Koumori Kasas, in other words, Bat Umbrellas, based off its appearance. That's why Koumori carries around an umbrella.

Old 2021-08-31, 10:10   Link #55
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

But how exactly did Nagara "flip the world around"? That isn't consistent with his power, and even then it was established that he couldn't use his power in that world.

So it seems like Nagara on top of his power was also given the additional status of "observer" under the overused misinterpretation of quantum physics that reality is shaped by someone who somehow is more "observer" than the everyone else (it's Noein all over again).

Old 2021-09-01, 00:37   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
But how exactly did Nagara "flip the world around"? That isn't consistent with his power, and even then it was established that he couldn't use his power in that world.
Hmm, yes, I do believe there was a scene where he tried to use his powers but were told he couldn't. But he eventually could in the later scene. Interesting, definitely worth thinking about the reason for this.
Probably will watch it a third time later this week or something. Man, an anime that makes you think. Nice indeed...

Old 2021-09-01, 03:02   Link #57
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

So it seems like Nagara on top of his power was also given the additional status of "observer" under the overused misinterpretation of quantum physics that reality is shaped by someone who somehow is more "observer" than the everyone else (it's Noein all over again).
He figured out the rules of that world, it's as simple as that.
Old 2021-09-01, 21:47   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
He figured out the rules of that world, it's as simple as that.
After he flipped the world around, the socks guy went "So you did know?", so yeah, it is part of his ability.

Old 2021-09-02, 16:59   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The most unrealistic aspect of this anime: Tsuda voicing a teenager.

This was the most confusing episode so far.
Old 2021-09-04, 00:55   Link #60
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yeah, there was so much symbolism, it is really hard to pinpoint the meaning of the stuff in the episode.
For instance, since Yamabiko and Kodama (in the JP meaning) are similar things, I've seen people say that the story took place inside Yamabiko's heart, so Kodama = Yamabiko.
War and his god-killing probably doesn't mean war directly, but something more spiritual? If Kodama = Yamabiko and this is Yamabiko's world = Yamabiko is God = Kodama is God, then god-killing could refer to killing a person's spirit. It's obvious that Yamabiko didn't live a happy life and he slowly broke down. It took Yamabiko 5000 years to recover mentally.

Perhaps?