AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-30, 17:02   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hmm, so, yeah, that was a thing. The number of loose ends is pretty staggering.

The ending wasn't really satisfying either. Nagara didn't even befriend Rahjdani like he promised, and that asshole Asakaze is dating Nozomi. At least copy Asakaze ended up miserable and alone.
Old 2021-09-30, 21:34   Link #82
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, I realized this would happen quite a few episodes ago. In the end this isn't the kind of story where it matters to think about it. No point in asking how the drift happened, what was the whole deal with Aki and who the hell was "God".

In the end it was just the sad story of an introverted boy who somehow had to go through several parallel universes in order to become just a little more functional by coming to term with his shitty uneventful life.

Quote:
Nagara didn't even befriend Rahjdani like he promised
Was Rahjdani even shown in the world Nagara chose? I've recognized a few people but a lot were missing. I don't think I've seen Hoshi and the other student council members either. That whole group was completely forgotten, even though they seemed to have a prominent role in the beginning.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 21:48   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

The ending wasn't really satisfying either. Nagara didn't even befriend Rahjdani like he promised, and that asshole Asakaze is dating Nozomi. At least copy Asakaze ended up miserable and alone.
Hey, normal Asakaze isn't necessarily that bad of a guy. In episode 6, it showed him having friends and all walking away from the graduation ceremony, so if he doesn't go on a power trip and get jealous of other people for getting the girl he likes, he is probably quite befriend-able.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 03:53   Link #84
Chosen_Hero

Well that was a disappointing ending, the guy that was an asshole to the MC gets to have what he wants in the new world and the MC gets... Less than 1% confidence?

Same with Mizuho who gets.... Meanwhile Nozomi gets to be happy and live life with her new boyfriend.

I guess there was no point to any of it in the end, this isn't even a bittersweet ending, it's just disappointing which is sad because I liked every other episode except this one.

But of course, the usual japanese status quo must be upheld for the MC because... I don't know.

Up until last episode this for me this show was around a 7 or low 8, this episode knocked it down to something like a 5 or low 6.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2021-10-01 at 07:50.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 06:50   Link #85
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Same with Akiho who gets....
"Akiho" strikes back. Were does this misspelling comes from? Is there a fansub that somehow translates Mizuho as Akiho?

Old 2021-10-01, 07:33   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Was Rahjdani even shown in the world Nagara chose? I've recognized a few people but a lot were missing. I don't think I've seen Hoshi and the other student council members either. That whole group was completely forgotten, even though they seemed to have a prominent role in the beginning.
He wasn't. The ones we didn't see just went to a different high school, I guess.

Hoshi wasn't completely forgotten since we did get his (tragic) story from Rhajdani, but Ace and his group definitely were.
Old 2021-10-01, 07:51   Link #87
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
"Akiho" strikes back. Were does this misspelling comes from? Is there a fansub that somehow translates Mizuho as Akiho?
Fixed it.
Old 2021-10-01, 15:27   Link #88
Dextro
He Without a Title

I saw someone, somewhere (can't recall), mention that in the end this show felt quite a bit like a dream: if you think about it too hard you start seeing all the inconsistencies and weird things in the plot. Honestly, that makes a lot of sense to me. It even fits in with the at times surreal imagery of the show and the constant new plot points that seemed important but were promptly forgotten about. It really feels like the kind of weirdness you experience in a dream.

In the end we got a show that just barely moved the status quo. Apparently Nozomi got "saved" from dying in the original timeline while Mizuho and Nagara took that one small step forward in overcoming their issues and that's about it. 2 year vacation indeed. It's like they took that time off to mentally move forward and that was the whole of the show. All the twists and turns, all the imagery, was just there and wasn't actually important at all.

The ending changing basically nothing to the two characters who were technically the main ones is just the icing on this cake that adds that little bit of nihilism that anime just has to have.

Overall I ended these 12th episode with the same feeling I ended the 1st one with: I have no idea if this was good or not. No idea if I liked this or not. It was at least unique though, gotta give it that.
Old 2021-10-01, 16:00   Link #89
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
In the end we got a show that just barely moved the status quo. Apparently Nozomi got "saved" from dying in the original timeline
Didn't she die because of the weirdness in the first place? So really, for her, like with most people, it's like the weirdness never happened.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 17:12   Link #90
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Didn't she die because of the weirdness in the first place?
Did she? I don't remember any hint on why she died in the original world. Did I miss something?

Old 2021-10-01, 17:13   Link #91
Alchemist007
*Author

Didn't feel like this anime went as far as I'd have wanted after the first couple episodes, there were some moments but the message was almost mundane in contrast to the constant visual hullabaloo.

6/10
Old 2021-10-01, 18:45   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The ending changing basically nothing to the two characters who were technically the main ones is just the icing on this cake that adds that little bit of nihilism that anime just has to have.
Nagara apparently has friends and has moved away from his toxic mother. He's struggling, but it's an improvement.

Mizuho... she opened to others a bit more. She actually retreated into her shell once again at the beginning where she pretended she didn't know Nagara, but she eventually revealed the truth to him.
Old 2021-10-01, 23:33   Link #93
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

Quote:
Did she? I don't remember any hint on why she died in the original world. Did I miss something?
No, I don't think they mentioned how she died.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-10-02, 00:50   Link #94
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Admittedly I never really understood what was going on so I might be wrong, but I thought that when she jumped after a light for the first time, the copy went to the other world, and the real her went splat and died.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 00:18   Link #95
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

After reading some thoughts on the anime, two new things I discovered were

1. That the anime had already hinted at Nozomi -><- Asakaze, but that Nozomi did not like how he got so arrogant due to his powers

2. The girl in the last episode is either the copy compass or the rope