AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2007-12-27, 14:46   Link #141
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

^ ROTF! xD! That sure reminds me of the old times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
It's those pigs again ^_^
lol they're supposed to be some bunnies, but I do agree, they completely look like piggies
Old 2007-12-30, 17:42   Link #142
BellaD

Five years old ? Really...nice .
And I am glad to see the old members are still active....
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 22:48   Link #143
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Wow.. my 100 y-o lover is still here

As we in FC subforum always celebrate each other ..

Happy Buff-day, Animesuki!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 00:27   Link #144
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
LOL! How could anyone ever forget Neko Koneko? Or JAppi. They were so active in those early years. And such extreme personalities. Speaking of which, long time no see.
Oh my god.

I'm certainly glad the forum seems to be clean of this sort of stuff already. The Google search for those two names shows lots of pointless e-dramatic fights in completely unrelated threads.

Sure makes me glad not to have personally known those times :/

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 02:33   Link #145
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Sure makes me glad not to have personally known those times :/
It may have been stupid, but I assure you it was a lot of fun to have lived through it. At least for me; I think xris still has nightmares.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 02:58   Link #146
wao
OK.

I remember lurking around and seeing their posts vaguely - I was in the #animesuki channel before I started participating on the forums, and I think JAppi used to be there and sometimes their arguments would get mentioned in the channel (I think? I can't really remember anymore.)

Personally I can only say that seeing what JAppi and Neko Koneko make me understand why the mods do what they do now Well, somewhat at least...

I was looking through the members list and saw other people like hentai_wolf and cocoa who had joined relatively early on, but I can only remember them through the IRC channel. The earliest member I can remember from the forums was um... I think he was called Flash_Squirrel or something.
Old 2007-12-31, 04:31   Link #147
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
The earliest member I can remember from the forums was um... I think he was called Flash_Squirrel or something.
I quite miss Flash_Squirrel. He's been MIA for years now. It's strange. He used to be on the forums nearly constantly. Then after we promoted him to moderator his posting quickly dropped off and within half a year he vanished completely.

I sometimes wonder whatever happened to Flash_Squirrel.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-31, 18:19   Link #148
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I quite miss Flash_Squirrel. He's been MIA for years now. It's strange. He used to be on the forums nearly constantly. Then after we promoted him to moderator his posting quickly dropped off and within half a year he vanished completely.

The same thing happened to Anime_Oni, our tech support moderator. His activity boosted up after being promoted, but then he just vanished.

If I remember Neko Koneko correctly, I liked him even though he had an uppity attitude. Back when the forums were small the activity was pretty low (I was on the top 10 posters' list!), so you quickly got a feel for who was coming here more often. When he was banned it felt like a fair portion of the forum's activity was being blocked off, and it also made the moderators seem a bit more imposing. At least, that was my view of things - Neko Koneko's activity that I saw didn't seem particularly out of line, although my forum standards were much lower back then.

If that's not Neko Koneko that I'm thinking of, then I must be thinking of someone else - can't remember the exact alias, though.
Old 2008-01-02, 04:27   Link #149
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

5 years of pleasure and kawaaaii-kakoiii animes of all kind as made me who I am.

School might've took my time, it didn't take my spirit. Sorry for being off lately but I'm still aboard as a lurker and I'll make it up somehow to find more time. ^^

I miss arguing alot. The most... I miss you all.

Thanks guys for keeping me with you, I might've been quite a difficult matter to deal with so I appreciate your kindship in the end. What a year..

See you guys soon

Jaa~ne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

Same thing happened to _Sin_. I think as life come it goes as well. I think its possible they might've simply left us for the other side. It is quite possible even if I tend to deny it bcause internet dosen't feel as viceral.
Old 2008-01-02, 14:42   Link #150
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
JOJO's back ^^. Humm... now that I think back at it, i've only recently been active on animesuki for about 2 1/2 years. What wonderful and hard time those 2ish years have been.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 18:15   Link #151
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
JOJO's back ^^. Humm... now that I think back at it, i've only recently been active on animesuki for about 2 1/2 years. What wonderful and hard time those 2ish years have been.
I actually started lurking here around the same time as your join date Aoie; Though, I have always been active (in my own way) ever since I first joined the forum back in February 2005.

That's almost three years of forum activity and I still feel like a noob most of the time.

Sure wish I had discovered this place when it was just starting.
Old 2008-01-02, 18:44   Link #152
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I actually started lurking here around the same time as your join date Aoie; Though, I have always been active (in my own way) ever since I first joined the forum back in February 2005.

That's almost three years of forum activity and I still feel like a noob most of the time.

Sure wish I had discovered this place when it was just starting.
Yeah ^^. I started really participating in this place cause of my interest in the Negima Manga, then after chapter 80ish or so then Animesuki went down and the entire thread went downhill.

I've been really pleased with my time here and the other boards i've been too with different user names too ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 19:12   Link #153
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The same thing happened to Anime_Oni, our tech support moderator. His activity boosted up after being promoted, but then he just vanished.

If I remember Neko Koneko correctly, I liked him even though he had an uppity attitude. Back when the forums were small the activity was pretty low (I was on the top 10 posters' list!), so you quickly got a feel for who was coming here more often. When he was banned it felt like a fair portion of the forum's activity was being blocked off, and it also made the moderators seem a bit more imposing. At least, that was my view of things - Neko Koneko's activity that I saw didn't seem particularly out of line, although my forum standards were much lower back then.

If that's not Neko Koneko that I'm thinking of, then I must be thinking of someone else - can't remember the exact alias, though.
Years later and the debate still rages on!

But I think we can all agree that we're better off without ff7799.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 02:00   Link #154
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish View Post
Years later and the debate still rages on!

LOL! Yeah, I think we can agree on that.

Old 2008-01-04, 03:05   Link #155
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish View Post
Being not here so long, I cannot say much about those members, especially ones from the earlier times, though I have memories about similar ones from the later era.

But, if I have to say this honestly, the heated discussions and over-powering attitudes affected hugely - in a positive way - my decision on becoming a member (after lurking for, let's see, ~4 months). More like after reading those daily, I couldn't help but joining at the end. If not exaggerated, those discussions were always triggering some kind emotion on the extreme side, funny, exciting, agitating, etc...

(You can call it fortunate or unfortunate depending on your stance, but, recently, I don't see much of that)
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 03:44   Link #156
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

My favorite posters were ChibiDusk and Lord_Raiden...

... and also, those big drama threads (mircx, etc) were a blast to read when I was in college back then.. even though the basis of them all were so silly

Haven't lurked or read as much in the past year or so.. but happy belated birthday Animesuki
Old 2008-12-25, 08:07   Link #157
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Animesuki birthday

Happy b-day animesuki.

How old is the forum/mainsite as of today?
Old 2008-12-25, 08:28   Link #158
Jill Valentine

Happy Birthday animesuki
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 08:47   Link #159
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Happy Birthday Asuki
Old 2008-12-25, 08:55   Link #160
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!