Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-16, 09:14   Link #121
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
First Page, First Post has the links to buy the game. (apparently it was put there to avoid people having to search for it )
I recommend HimyaShop. They were good with me.
Thanks DaCyclops, I've used HimeyaShop as well. I was trying not to look because I'd get tempted to spend money I don't have Now I'm going to buy them anyway See?

I still need to comb the thread for Mion & Shion's translations and the demo, that's actually what I meant. But I'd much rather have the game in hand anyway

AND the translations of course!

I also got ahold of Atlas and AGTH; still have to install them. Just too much going on at the moment (it's 6:15 AM as I write this LOL). But since Higurashi is in my Top Tier of anime I'll be making an exception and time

Thanks again!
Old 2008-02-16, 10:11   Link #122
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
I also got ahold of Atlas and AGTH;
Seriously,
I've tried it some years ago
Maybe this combo works for Sex-Oriented eroge since there's very little to understand

But Higurashi is very plot oriented
And the images do not help that much to understand what is going on
You'll just get confused
I'd wait for translations of the Sonozakis

But, anyway, it's better than nothing if you are in a hurry
Old 2008-02-16, 10:21   Link #123
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Just doing my best to help you reduce the weight of that wallet.... It needs to get closer to the weight of mine!
(that reminds me. I should install Matsuribayashi-hen at some point, if only to have it installed....)

Page 12, right near the top... Scary that I remembered that off the top of my head...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Huzzah!

The Sonozaki Futago-tachi English patch for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Onikakushi (Days 1-5) is now ready! Check out our RapidShare folder at http://rapidshare.com/users/MQK6IW.

You may download the translation patch for the full version of the game (aka Himatsubushi-hen) at http://rapidshare.com/files/86415675...kushi_Day5.zip

Here's the translation patch for the demo version of Higurashi: http://rapidshare.com/files/86415676...kushi_Day5.zip

If you experience problems with downloading from RapidShare, you can try our folder on MediaFire.

To install a translation patch, simply unzip the contents into a subdirectory of the original Japanese game; double-click "onscripter-en.exe" to play.

You can download the demo game here. The download mirror sites are at the bottom of the page; follow the directions for which mirrors to use.

Someone put together a guide for buying Higurashi through one of the paid download sites; you can find it here. Let us know if you have trouble.

If you use Mac OS X, you can download a OS X version of onscripter-en from http://rapidshare.com/files/83920439...n-20080112.dmg. You should be able to drop the onscripter-en.app file from the dmg image into your translation patch subdirectory, and double-click to play.

-----

Anyway, Day 5 contains more new material that wasn't in the anime, so enjoy! We cleaned up some text in Day 4 as well, and of course there's that savegame fix I mentioned in my last post.

This release came pretty soon after Day 4, but don't go expecting to get the next release that quickly ! The next section (Day 9) is much longer than previous Days.

Please let us know what you think!
Also let me know if you have problems installing or running a patch.

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Heres and afterthought - am I actually being Helpfull by placing it all out in front of you, or more of a problem by making it so easy to find :P
Old 2008-02-16, 17:24   Link #124
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Hi Ace,

Quote:
Seriously,
I've tried it some years ago
Maybe this combo works for Sex-Oriented eroge since there's very little to understand

But Higurashi is very plot oriented
And the images do not help that much to understand what is going on
You'll just get confused
I'd wait for translations of the Sonozakis

But, anyway, it's better than nothing if you are in a hurry
Thanks, I was going to give it a try because once I start a game (or an anime, for that matter) I like to finish it in as few sittings as possible, not over the course of months (not that I'm complaining at all). I want to keep everything in mind, and I tend to forget details after awhile. And Higurashi is all about the details

I much prefer Mion and Shion's translations though

Heya DaCyclops,
Quote:
Heres and afterthought - am I actually being Helpfull by placing it all out in front of you, or more of a problem by making it so easy to find :P
Helping people should never be a problem; that's how Forums used to be before chest-beating elitist-types began enjoying themselves by slamming people for not searching threads, using Wiki, and so on. Now it's kind of an "in-thing" Haven't seen that behavior so much here, and that's a good thing

Actually, I'm a stickler for going through threads thoroughly myself, but your post here saved me from reading it again as I did in December. It's just been crazy-busy here since then (PC died/configuring & testing new one/website work/Blog work/house probs/bill probs etc etc etc ) Just getting caught up now and wanted to see how the Sonozakis were doing

So yes, helpful If it's a "problem" for people they can just skip to the next post Thank you!

And again, thanks to Mion and Shion for all the work

(EDIT: Argh, the deed is done: Since Higurashi...Rei was sold out at Paletweb, I ordered all three through Himeya, although Paletweb has better pricing and shipping. I figured I'd want to get Rei from Himeya anyway, and have to deal with their $19 p&h at that time, so bit the bullet. A $90 bullet o.O Now my teeth hurt, but at least I'll have the games. Now I need to find a job LOL!)

Last edited by Ahasuerus; 2008-02-16 at 17:55. Reason: updated
Old 2008-02-16, 18:55   Link #125
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

You know you could have bought all 3 of them on DLsite for $60 and gotten them instantly
Old 2008-02-16, 20:26   Link #126
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Hi Sterling,

I could still cancel I suppose, but I really would like the game boxes for the box art; Higurashi is a big fave and especially since no-one knows whether any more DVDs are coming out (not to mention the status of Kai) I'd like some "hardcopy mementos"

My poor unfilled collector's box is getting very lonely

I really enjoyed what I played of the demo (thanks to the Sonozaki's translations) so I figure that having the whole game would be cool Of course, I'll need translations to understand what the heck's going on While I await the S Sisters superior ongoing work, the Atlas/AGTH solution can be fiddled with in the meantime
Old 2008-02-17, 18:03   Link #127
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

As always, im a bored person, and I should be doing work

Was looking around about Unicode and System Languages and all that stuff, and found a small Microsoft app that might make it much easyer to install and use Higurashi (and other Japanese games).

Microsoft AppLocale
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=17598

It can actually run any program in other Locales without you needing to change your system settings. This would be very usefull, because when you change your system locale it REQUIRES you to restart your computer, even in Vista.

It is a download link that requires a Microsoft Genuine check, but thats not too hard. When you use it, just tell it your running a program (forget about the add/remove - its too much detail) and then choose the installer.exe on the CD (or the Demo installer). Then, when it asks you what Language the program is in, just choose the very last option which should look like this...
(I honestly want to know what pain at Microsoft thought they didnt need to put the pure English in front of it)

Its fairly quick to use, and makes it alot easyer to install Higurashi (since you dont have to restart a few times)
Old 2008-02-18, 22:10   Link #128
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Played the beta patch and...

This is just my personal opinion but you should change "Watanagashi Day" into just "Watanagashi" I find it to sound better.
Old 2008-02-24, 03:33   Link #129
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Cool Onikakushi Day 9 is ready!

The Sonozaki Futago-tachi English patch for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Onikakushi (Days 1-5,9) is now ready! Check out our RapidShare folder at http://rapidshare.com/users/MQK6IW.

You may download the translation patch for the full version of the game (aka Himatsubushi-hen) at http://rapidshare.com/files/94455305...kushi_Day9.zip

Here's the translation patch for the demo version of Higurashi: http://rapidshare.com/files/94455799...kushi_Day9.zip

If you experience problems with downloading from RapidShare, you can try our folder on MediaFire.

To install a translation patch, simply unzip the contents into a subdirectory of the original Japanese game; double-click "onscripter-en.exe" to play.

You can download the demo game here. The download mirror sites are at the bottom of the page; follow the directions for which mirrors to use.

Someone put together a guide for buying Higurashi through one of the paid download sites; you can find it here. Let us know if you have trouble.

On Windows, you'll need to have Japanese language support enabled to install Higurashi. The easiest way to do this is by using Microsoft AppLocale: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=17598

If you use Mac OS X or Linux, you can download the latest version of onscripter-en from the Onscripter-En website: http://dev.haeleth.net/onscripter.shtml. Mac users should be able to drop the onscripter-en.app file from the dmg image into the translation patch subdirectory, and double-click to play.

-----

There's a new savegame fix (to end all fixes?) in this release, so don't be surprised if some of your older save games crash or load into a different place than where you saved; just resave at the appropriate point in this release. From now on, there shouldn't be problems with loading savegames you make using this release and any later ones.

Please let us know what you think!
Also let me know if you have problems installing or running a patch.

Old 2008-02-24, 05:43   Link #130
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

And of course, because I love wasting time... (not really. the longest parts of making this was extracting the files over my network, and adding in a link to the Controls Guide)

http://www.dacyclops.com/higurashi/S...kushi_day9.exe

Only for use by the Full-version users. Installs to the right folder, and also over the Day5 one that I made. Enjoy!
Old 2008-02-24, 23:55   Link #131
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Um.... What about 6-8?
Old 2008-02-25, 00:13   Link #132
Rayneing
Trombe!

They don't exist. The game skips straight to 9 when you finish 5.
Old 2008-02-25, 00:14   Link #133
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

There wasnt actually a day 6, 7 or 8. It goes from day 5 to day 9.
Old 2008-02-26, 17:38   Link #134
Roll

Well, there's only a few days left! Onikakushi-hen has 14 days, am I right?

@ Sonozaki Futagotachi: Are you going to translate the rest of the arcs? (Please say yes >_< ) I'm loving so much this translation!
Old 2008-02-26, 19:29   Link #135
MaccaSvenne

Quote:
Originally Posted By Roll
@ Sonozaki Futagotachi: Are you going to translate the rest of the arcs? (Please say yes >_< ) I'm loving so much this translation!
I'm not in any way affiliated with the patch-makers but this is what they wrote in the first post on page 8 in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted By Sonozaki Futagotachi
We're working on an Onikakushi+ translation.

My sister and I are working on a translation of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, starting with Onikakushi.
That seems to indicate that they intend to continue translating the rest of the arcs...unless something has changed since then (I hope not, they're doing an awesome job so far).
Old 2008-02-26, 20:03   Link #136
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaSvenne View Post
I'm not in any way affiliated with the patch-makers but this is what they wrote in the first post on page 8 in this thread:

That seems to indicate that they intend to continue translating the rest of the arcs...unless something has changed since then (I hope not, they're doing an awesome job so far).
Yup, no plans to stop yet. ^_^ We want to see how the arcs play out, too.

Old 2008-02-27, 14:54   Link #137
Mystearika

i also hope you transelate the other arcs, i have just buyed utawarerumono online so now i can order things online nothing is stopping my for buying higu.

i also loved the transalation so far, i will really love to read the rest of the series
(is a rapid higu fan)
Old 2008-03-07, 06:43   Link #138
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

I've played through Day Nine thanks to the Sonozakis, and am anxiously awaiting more Thanks so much for your excellent work, Mion & Shion! (Not to forget their beta-testers )

I really noted the difference when trying to continue the game using Atlas and AGTH Man, what a mess those programs produce They don't even get Mion or Satoko's names right (Well, they did at first, but I guess I changed something; they're pretty confusing to set up right.) I just gave up in frustration. The Sonozaki's translation reads so beautifully that anything else is a letdown

Anyway, as an impetus of sorts to motivate anyone on the fence about buying the games legitimately to think about it, I decided to go ahead and order all three 07 Expansion games from Himeya-Shop. Pretty spendy, but hell, being a Higurashi junkie I wanted them, and the idea of supporting Ryukishi07 appeals to me His hard work and devotion provided me with many hours of enjoyment, so it's only fair.

My tracking number revealed a box that said 2 pounds, and I wondered how large the game boxes might be! Visions of juicy gigantic game boxes danced in my mind's eye. And when it came... the darn thing was almost two feet long! Imagine my disappointment upon opening it and only three jewel cases were inside; not even a game box

Next to them was a rolled up bunch of what looked like posters. "Hmph," I thought, "they just had to include promo crap, didn't they?" I almost tossed them, but unrolled it... and found:

...inside...

I don't want to take up the whole page with pics, but here's one more

I don't know whether they throw a calendar in just for buying all three games or whether it's some kind of reward for having been a customer for awhile; I couldn't even find it on their website. (It measures 16 1/2" x 23 1/2")

Anyway, the expenditure was immediately absolved

Just thought I'd share that with my fellow Higgy fans
Old 2008-03-07, 19:25   Link #139
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

GHA! I didnt get anything like that! I just got one wrong item >_<

Looks like they just chucked them in to an apparent Higurashi fan, if you ask me. Nice bonus there!
Old 2008-03-08, 00:55   Link #140
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Wink

Ahasuerus, you lucky bastard! We didn't get any cool swag like that *sniff* Please take some more photos!

And yeah, the games just came in CD jewel boxes, no more than that. Doujin-cheap and all.

Glad you're enjoying our release!

Closed Thread