AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-07-19, 15:34   Link #21
Briareos

"Ideal" and "humanity" in the same sentence. LOL Does anyone really believe we can create some sort of utopian global community as humans? The flaw in that plan is the same flaw that prevents communism from working: The planet is full of imperfect human beings. The best we can do, is to do what we can to improve ourselves and the lives of those we can influence.

I'm all for the end of racism and sexism, famine, social injustice, war and illegal monopolies. Peace, love and all that. But everyone has never been, is not, and will never be on the same page. Without that, you have no one-world-order. Every great empire in the history of mankind has fallen. The reason? What's good for one person is not necessarily good for another.
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 15:40   Link #22
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
That's about what I said, in an none elaborate way.. O_o And that's proving that thread is kinda useless isn't it?

But I do would have liked to know that a couple of years ago. I wouldn't have had so many problems if I did.

Last edited by Kyolux; 2004-07-19 at 15:52.
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 16:37   Link #23
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
after WWI the so-called League of Nations was formed, however it was unable to do anyhting useful at all and was dissolved, but the idea stuck and after WWII the UN was formed.
i'm glad somebody else remembers the league of nations, it is kind of obscure fact that something similar to the UN existed before WWII considering the United States never joined it.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 07:33   Link #24
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Bascially,i think most of you got one of the messages of the first post.But one of the other,and most important messages as well,is that well...Saying Globalisation is ineffective because it isn't possible for man to unite under one banner without a powerful leader(*I do agree*),and you can't have peace without war etc.But what i want to point out is the more spiritual aspect of this issue,in my opinion,spiritual evolution is just as important as technological advances,a factor many realise but yet do not act.(*Me=Guilty*)Bascially,i think the world becoming more advanced and commercial has made us feel that bascially,you can't get shit without money,which is true yet it isnt'.It isnt' true(*in a sense*)because even if you have all the money you could ever want,you ask yourself 'where next?'.If you think about it this way,you will realise that bascially everything,every goal ultimately leads to spiritual guidence(*'guidence' used for lack of a better word*).Then when we,as a whole,become more spritually 'advamced' we would be able to tolerate,reason etc.more effectivly and thus,improve the world,in everysense of the word.(*To put it simply to make the world a better place.*)
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 09:57   Link #25
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
So you think everyone has to believe in the same things? Is that what you are trying to say? I'm not sure I get your point...
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 14:51   Link #26
Briareos

Inuzuka, you are aware of how many different religions and sects of those religions exist, right? Then I presume that you're also aware of how bad religious extremism can get.

The point is that not everyone can reach that high spiritual state where everyone is a fellow man, and all are loved. That's blind optimism. There is no way to please everybody. It's a nice dream.
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 17:48   Link #27
HoboGod
Necromancer

if you ask me, that is a fool's idea. tolarance isn't something humanity is capable of acheiving. some people only know war. others only know hatred. kill these people and you might be able to achieve tolarance. but nobody is gunna follow a pacifist that killed endless millions of people.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 19:20   Link #28
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Wrong, after WWI the so-called League of Nations was formed, however it was unable to do anyhting useful at all and was dissolved, but the idea stuck and after WWII the UN was formed.
You said the UN,not the League of Nations .I wasn't aware you could lump the two together.

Chalk it up to faulty semantics I suppose.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 19:41   Link #29
guess

I believe the global village is going to happen no matter what, well, not in the near future, but it will, when you can get to Tokyo by subway from New York City. When commutation/transportation is that convenient, people no longer have boundary among them. Just five hundred years ago, who would have thought that European Union, Asian Union etc., were possible? It is happening now. It doesn’t seem possible now because human race is still pretty much divided. But compared to the one, say, two hundred year ago, every country is a lot closer now in term of commutation, transportation, etc. These all help us to understand each other and shorten the distance among us. It may not be in the positive way, but it’s happening. Soon or later, we will reach a stage when we know people who live in far corner of the earth like they live right next to us. So, yeah, the world is getting smaller.

All this, of course, will only happen if human race can survive that long.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 20:04   Link #30
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I believe the global village is going to happen no matter what, well, not in the near future, but it will, when you can get to Tokyo by subway from New York City.
Better know how to hold it in
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote