Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-29, 03:25   Link #641
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Honestly though if these are the final villains then it's kinda weak to have second rates being the end boss.
I seriously can't see them being the end boss, no way. Just an enemy who might be able to put up a bit of a challenge against Heroman.
Old 2010-06-29, 11:37   Link #642
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I seriously can't see them being the end boss, no way. Just an enemy who might be able to put up a bit of a challenge against Heroman.
That's kinda why I'm stupefied. It seems they're setting up NYC as the final battle location and the villains really don't match.

Now that I think about it, if they had based the show in NYC, I think it would have been alot cooler but it would probably run too close to another Stan Lee work....
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 05:27   Link #643
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 14:
Old 2010-07-01, 08:05   Link #644
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 14:
To think the one cliche they keep from Japanese anime is the whole "preview spoils the entire next episode" thing...
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 12:04   Link #645
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 14:
Spoiler for 14:
Old 2010-07-01, 12:26   Link #646
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah the previews has always spoiled the whole next episode, though i've only started to care now that the plot is actually pretty decent.
Old 2010-07-01, 16:10   Link #647
Casshern

The plot is more interesting yet somehow the overall effect is more boring. Too much time spent on showing dreary faces.

Also, psy is the only one not reported missing. You'd think he'd go and do the shopping instead of going to the trouble of disguising themselves; he's been jumping around like mad on that scooter thing during the fights, he should be able to handle a bit of shopping. And what kind of injury does he have anyway? The flashback where he got injured looked like it happened ages ago . He's probably got that cast on for a few months at least.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 20:24   Link #648
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Looks like many have noticed the plot induced stupidity this ep. Hughes reminds me of Kida of DRRR, another guy that thinks he's in charge but isn't.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 03:53   Link #649
Qikz

Thing is, Hughes is in charge of the operation. It's just Doctor Minami thinks he is when he isn't. I'm happy I saw the preview but I'm not at the same time.

Really good episode though, but Joey phoning Lina was a bit silly, then again if he didn't the plot would be kind of boring as they would of got there undetected. I wonder who Denton knows in Nevada anyway! Can't wait to see.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 07:41   Link #650
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Thing is, Hughes is in charge of the operation. It's just Doctor Minami thinks he is when he isn't. I'm happy I saw the preview but I'm not at the same time.

Really good episode though, but Joey phoning Lina was a bit silly, then again if he didn't the plot would be kind of boring as they would of got there undetected. I wonder who Denton knows in Nevada anyway! Can't wait to see.
Joey phoning Lina was non sequential, he could have sneaked away from the van and called her, called her at a deserted gas station, it was plain inevitable.
Old 2010-07-02, 21:46   Link #651
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Thing is, Hughes is in charge of the operation. It's just Doctor Minami thinks he is when he isn't.
That's my point, Minami is shown to order ppl around and override Hughes' orders when Hughes was supposed to be in charge. There is a clear issue with their chain of command, due to Minami's connections as Hughes has noted.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 06:37   Link #652
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It did seem like an odd move to have the ones with their faces on the news doing the shopping. I guess with Psy's injury asking him to push around shopping carts might be a bit much. Still having Joey go in was silly since his disguise is just pulling up his hood. At least Denton has a decent disguise.
Old 2010-07-03, 07:20   Link #653
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I guess with Psy's injury asking him to push around shopping carts might be a bit much.
As if. If he can be attacked by aliens and infiltrate their base, then he can easily do some shopping.
Old 2010-07-03, 07:42   Link #654
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
As if. If he can be attacked by aliens and infiltrate their base, then he can easily do some shopping.
Have you been to a rural walmart (ahem, I mean "unionmart") recently?

It's more like war than shopping
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 22:58   Link #655
Jarmel

Wow there was stupidity abound in this episode. So Joey and the Professor decide to do the shopping while the one guy not wanted just chills in the back? Or how about Joey calling Lina despite the very very obvious possibility that they're tapping her lines as well? Then there was the military not using encrypted communications in the first place. Was the professor some ex-hacker in his younger days to hack into a government satellite and communications array? Then there was Minami with the good old shoot first and ask questions later policy. How about Joey use his SUPER SPEED to get away. Jesus it seems like the show forgets this important fact.

The only one who showed some intelligence this episode was Hughes.
Old 2010-07-03, 23:51   Link #656
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 14, was ok, yeah there were some bad decisions made. They should have sent in Psy to do the shopping. No one has mentioned it, but the name of the diner they stop at, I'm pretty sure is a contraction, of Warren Elis, besides the many books he's written he also wrote alot of comic book issues. Heroman really does have the elements of almost every marvel series.
Old 2010-07-04, 14:13   Link #657
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
The only one who showed some intelligence this episode was Hughes.
Heh, agree with all that you said. But wait, they gave Hughes too much intelligence. Like, how in the world did he know Joey was going that way, other than the obvious fact that that may have been the only trail on the mountain, but if Joey was randomly super speeding, there's no way Hughes would know. Hell, I doubt Joey was dumb enough to use the large open trail, but I digress....

Speaking of Hughes, I did this interesting piece about episode 14.

By the way that post does not imply I work for the CIA, FBI, ATF, MI6, GSG9, etc...

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 02:46   Link #658
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Have you been to a rural walmart (ahem, I mean "unionmart") recently?

It's more like war than shopping
I go to a rural Walmart weekly. It's not like that. They have auto checkout lines for those who don't like waiting, lines for under 20 items for speedy departure. They even have little scooters with carts for people who can't push a cart and shop.

Then there's the Subway shop, eye glasses shop, bank and nail salon all in one convenient superstore with a Redbox outside for DVD rentals. Some superstores even have an Urgent Care inside.
Old 2010-07-08, 05:28   Link #659
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 15:
Old 2010-07-08, 09:07   Link #660
Jarmel

Do we still not have an episode count yet? At the pace their going, I'm starting to wonder if this is 50 episodes.

Tags
bones, mecha